[p] in her was found the blood of prophets
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:53% 36%;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 1 Sep* (Backdated)

Weather: Sunny, slightly warm

Time: Mid-morning
Optime
--

--

Ithiel is by Raze!

The dusky-furred coyote found the most secure thing in his mateship to Alna: knowledge that he was a man. This had never been proven prior to his mateship; now, Ithiel could rest assured in his masculinity. The goodness of him had yet to be proven with sons, but some things could not be rushed. He did not contemplate their courtship and whether that had been rushed -- perhaps for fear of concluding it had been, and he had not yet broached a great many things he considered important. There was no apprehension in the coyote, however, for he knew little of communication and nothing of relationships.

After stretching and standing up, Ithiel performed his daily ritual of stiffening his hair and straightening his appearance. He was both meticulous and utterly without vanity with regard to his appearance; his last bath had been only a night prior. He was quick out of his cave, having no duties with his horse to attend. The dusky hybrid had stalled her within the mansion's stables for just such a reason, and was glad to release Zedekiah alone and be off.

Alma's familiar abode was only a short walk away, and despite his elevated status, the drab-hued coyote stood politely outside of her door. His observation of awkward politeness impeccable, the hybrid called her name. Alma?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

In the darkness of her den, Alma was pleased. Elated, almost. She was on her back, resting on a pile of tattered furs. Her feet were propped against one another and her head was resting on her crossed arms. It had never occured to her, when she started her journey away from home, that she would find such happiness in the world. She hoped, in between thoughts of survival, but did not dwell on that emotion; she could not bring herself to think seriously of such a thing when it was so unlikely.

To Alma, the courtship had not been rushed at all; but the only example she had to go by was her parents and she had thought they had taken longer because her mother, Ivy, was afraid of her pack's reaction to a coyote mate. Alma reflected on the two different relationships, and what she knew of her parents, and wondered if there might be parallels between them.

As if hearing her thoughts, Alma felt her mother's presence with her. There was a silence - almost like a thoughtful pause, before the ghost spoke.

"You are happy." It was said in such a way that she could not determine if it was a statement or question, but she chose to take it as the latter.

"Yes." Alma answered. "I have..." She tried to think of how she would explain Ithiel and condense their interactions into something suitable for her mother's incorporeal ears. "I've met someone. He's - we - we're mates now." She stammered. This was not a conversation she expected to have when she headed out on her own; she didn't think she'd still have to explain herself to her mother when she left. I don't need her approval, Alma reminded herself.

"The dark one with the vulture?" Her mother asked. A little spark of light, like a firefly, hovered above the orange coyote.

"Yes. His name is Ithiel. He is polite, well-mannered and..." She almost said adorable, but that feeling was tied to things she would rather not discuss with her mother.

Abruptly, Alma changed her focus. "You know him? Recognize him?" It seemed so unlikely that her mother would just happen to meet her mate before dying; there had to be another explanation for it. Her mother had not talked to her or shown her presence in a while, but that didn't mean she wasn't paying attention... "Have you been watching me?"

"Yes."

A disconcerting thought entered her head. The ghost of a frown appeared on her snout. "How much have you been watching me?"

"Enough to be sure you are safe and aren't running headfirst into trouble.

An awkward silence stretched out between them. A question hung in the air, but it was one Alma dared not ask.

Finally, her mother's voice broke the spell. "Don't worry," she was cheerful, almost amused. "I wasn't watching; I left when you two kissed."

If Alma were capable of blushing beneath her orange fur, she would have. Instead, all that happened was a twitch of her ears. "Mom," She said sternly, "Don't watch any of my interactions with Ithiel. In fact, just make yourself disappear when you see me with him. Go about your ghostly business somewhere else."

Laughter echoed in her ears, real as anything she'd heard. When it died down, her mother spoke with a smile that Alma could almost visualize. "I assure you, I have no desire to see a man fondle my daughter; no matter how kind." A pause. "Speaking of which, I must leave. We'll talk later. The light floating above her snout extinguished itself, and Alma felt the presence fade from her mind. It was so quick that she almost thought her mother was as embarrassed as she was.

Then she heard a familiar voice - Ithiel's voice - calling for her outside. She had to wonder whether her mother had known, and therefore left or whether it was just a coincidence.

She decided it didn't matter; she didn't want to think about that awkward conversation. any longer. She stood up and exited her cave, greeting Ithiel with a smile. "Hello." She was still a little flustered, but tried to show it, so he wouldn't think it was the result of his presence.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

336 LOL OMG PERV GHOST MOM. also pp a hug deal with it (but srsly PM and hit with a brick if needs a change as usual ^^)

Ithiel is by Raze!

Ithiel himself had only his own ideas about what precisely constituted mateship on which to base his actions and behaviors, strange as they were. Ithiel felt strongly Alma was his to protect now, and he also felt it was his duty to make certain not only of her physical protection, but her every comfort, as well. Her happiness and contentedness with life had become his own. Even then he knew in the back of his mind it would come to a troublesome head were he forced to choose between Alma and Inferni -- and he shoved that half-formed question away before it even had a chance to fully articulate itself within his mind. There was no question, for they were both Infernians and had been before they had been Alma and Ithiel. Nothing would change.

His brother had departed the clan and his commander, too -- but Ithiel had remained. Confronted with another Scintillan coyote, he might have claimed to be standing a watch for the return of his father -- but neither would he depart Inferni and return to his homeland and his post. There was no family there, and that was the thing he though he'd found here. Not with his many strange cousins, who seemed to pop out of the earth and disappear back down into it at random, but with Alma and his clan. He felt this sense of harmony strongly, and would not have traded it for anything.

There was a shuffle from within the cave, and Alma emerged from within, looking slightly perturbed. It passed Ithiel's notice, however, and the dusky coyote leaned forward to deliver a hug. He was unaccustomed to such gestures, in truth, but the dust-colored coyote was not incredibly awkward in his delivery of such. Good morning, he said upon withdrawing. You slept well? Hungry? he asked, quite willing to march off and fetch her a meal should she profess even the slightest edge of hunger. It was his duty to provide for his woman.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

*kicks self*

Alma appeared surprised by the hug, although if she hadn't been distracted by her recent encounter with her mother, she probably wouldn't have been. After a moment, she returned the gesture in full force. At his questions, she smiled - genuinely, this time and not tinged with any hint of the discomfort she'd felt earlier. "Perhaps we could hunt together? She suggested, though it was not quite an expression of hunger, so much as a desire to spend more time with him. The orange coyote did not realize the implications of his question, that he was to fetch food for her. Nor did she realize how he thought of their mate-ship, but she'd find out such information soon enough.

"I could get my bow and quiver, and I could show you a few places..." She trailed off, waiting for him to answer. Her mind began to wonder: What next? How were they to proceed? Act as normal? Alma had a feeling that was what her parents probably would have done, had they not been different species and the divide between coyote and wolf so prominent. The thought of pups came to her, but it was too soon for that, she thought; they'd just confessed their love for each other. She would like some time to enjoy it.

It occurred to her that this was something she could've have asked her mother about, but then - Alma didn't want to talk to her about the matter, not after that last awkward conversation.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-- I suck too D:

Ithiel is by Raze!

For his part, Ithiel had been affectionate thus far. Then again -- they had primarily interacted with one another in private. His affections when surrounded by other canines would have been far more tempered. On their lonesome, however, he did not feel the need to withhold, and so he offered a brief nuzzle in accompaniment of his hug. Stepping back chastely -- for passion was not a factor of his affection, the dust-hued hybrid received her suggestion with a smile, and nodded.

Bow hunting is pleasant, he agreed, though it felt likely he would have agreed to any of her suggestions. She had made him a man, and he felt entirely indebted to her, at least for the moment. It was the sort of puppyish adoration common with one who has just been exposed to an entirely unknown world. Though typically fast-fading into a more tempered affection, it was quite powerful in its throes. Finally, Ithiel felt properly adult -- and it was all thanks to Alma. Show me these places, he urged. He did not really care about the places, but the time spent with her.

<style>
</style>[/html]