So stars fell asunder
[html]

Set on September 15th, afternoon.
she's accompanied by her slave and horse, scent is disguised with swamp rose.

It's also really all over the place and I'm really sorry about that <3

The last batch of flowers turned out well, and with the handsome new slave to help her out, the process was a breeze. Kaoru was an obedient dog, who kept his smile constant and his look dull. It was his beautiful appearance that really won him his brownie points with his mistress, who had an eye for the pretty things in life. Her body and house slave would have to be a delightful creature with the features of an angel. Isabella always seemed to carry some smug smile about her, simply because she felt she had lucked out in the slaving game.

For this trip, as she would always now do, she had Kaoru take out his nose ring and she kept it in a pocket on her saddlebags. He sniffed at the absence but knew that he ought to enjoy the time he had without it, for afterwards, he would find himself with it again. He could not be presented as a slave, even if the other pack may be supportive. It was not worth the risk, in her mind. The Akita had already put the few vials of sunflower seed oil and lavender oil into the bags and cushioned them with linens. He had a delicate hand and it was easy to trust him with the more delicate vials now that Isabella was assured of his steady hand. They rode the short, relatively short, distance to the Inferni border. She knew what they expected of their members and potential members; coyote blood. And it was terribly fortunate that she was half coyote, even if the dog marks seemed to be more dominant than anything else. Her longer ears and snout were a hint at her geneology.

At the borders, she dismounted, wary of her slave. For now, if asked, she would call him a cousin of sorts, on the wrong side of his family if they pried. He was pure dog with his coloration and tail. His build was wolfish, only because of the dog's breed. Kaoru stood still as his mistress raised her head to call, her voice a fusion of coyote and dog. It was for trade, if anyone was interested.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]HI GEN, I thought this seemed lonely. (And Mephisto is nosy?) :C

Having been near the borders, Mephisto had heard the trader's call long crisp and clearly as though they had been standing right there. It was something unlike what he had heard previously, but there were familiar tones to be found mingling in. He knew the distinct timbre of a coyote from his stay in Inferni (though funny, seeing how so many of them were hybrids) though, so it drew him in like moth to flame. His explorations would be halted for now, his mental map of the vast span of Inferni's territory locked away for more curious, lively things.

It wasn't too long after breaking away from the trails that he began to pick up on the scant details of another through the timberline. The horse was perhaps the first thing that he recognized, followed another canine, and well, another. One female, one male. With autumn's approach coming swift around the bend, it wouldn't be before too long that they would all be blending in with their surroundings. But he wasn't apt on sneaking up on them either, instead marking his approach with a friendly bark. Mephisto was no stranger to Inferni's image, and had no telling what he would immediately be met with. The call seemed safest to go with.

That said, while he had nothing to trade, he didn't see the harm in at least meeting with the unfamiliar trader. “Afternoon,” he spoke with a smile when he was finally able to give them and horse both a proper once-over. There was something off about her scent that lured him in as well, though he couldn't place it. She could have been from one of the neighboring packs, but he was willing to bet she wasn't. “Didn't expect to find traders coming along near here, with our reputation and all.” Another smile, but this time a little thinner and muted. Perhaps they didn't have the grimacing appearance after all?

[/html]
[html]

omg IS THAT A KU? 8U

A male approached her, startling out of her thoughts with his bark. Isabella straightened at his presence, letting one of her smiles slip on her face, meant to keep men unaware of her real personality. So, she feigned a mild sweetness, but nothing like the innocence that she had used with the Russo man; there was no need to fool around here with fellow coyotes and coyote hybrids. Kin of a sorts, weren't they all? So, the woman smiled at him and bowed her head. "Hello," she called, then dismounted deftly from the mare's back. The white male took the reins of the mare from his mistress and stood stoic and still as he watched their exchange.

"I'm not surprised," she said softly, knowing the reputation that Inferni held. But it hardly scared her, when she was no one the clan had to be afraid of. If Salsola had not existed and the Thistle King had not lured her to the Kingdom, she would have joined with the coyote clan. Family, of a sorts, was important to her, but privacy was more so. "I figured that meant you were not quite as tapped out as the, ah, more permissive packs would be." Salsola traded but privately; more often they traded with Freetown. The exotic things sold there were highly coveted.

"I assume you are up for trading? I do have some oils unlikely to be found easily; sunflower, swamp rose, lavender. I have some more musky ones too; thick, heady pine, if you are interested," she said with a wave to the saddlebags on her mare's back. She hesitated, wanting to say more. But there was nothing else to offer besides the oils she had already mentioned. There were other services the gypsy woman could offer, but she did not know if this man even had something to offer her in return.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]It is, it is! <3

She seemed friendly enough, he supposed. At least she was considerate enough to dismount from her house so that they were at least level with another — that was a lax response that actually did put Mephisto at some ease. Admittedly he did have his reservations about meeting those that came calling at the borders, but that stemmed from stories if nothing more. Stories of those that came to readily attack at the border, stories that his mother had given him. No doubt passed down from her own mother, he mused, though he had yet to meet his grandmother.

“I suppose you could be right about that. Makes sense to go somewhere that has less traffic from time to time,” Mephisto said easily. “But I'm afraid I don't really have anything with me that I could use for fair trade. Like I said, I didn't anticipate a trader to come calling at our borders.” He shrugged. “But if you aren't unopposed, Miss, I'd be happy to keep you company while you wait to see who else comes. If my kin see me out here, they're likely to be less hesitant, maybe. Or aggressive. Who knows,” and really, he was only partially lying. Mephisto wasn't even that acquainted with anyone of the sort outside of Myrika. But she didn't need to know that, did she?

For him, it was fair chance to learn something more about such savage lands.

[/html]
[html]

yay! <3 I hope you don't mind that i have no idea what my intentions are for this :|

Isabella let the smallest of frowns twist into her lips. Not a trader? Unfortunate, even if he had said so before. She had hoped that he had only meant he had not expected anyone, but it seemed not to be the case at all. Instead of letting her disappointment spread across her features like oil, she let herself sink into her gracious self. No point in being bitter; take it all in stride, she though as she bobbed her head.

"Well, I obviously can't do much harm to anyone. I wouldn't do it to a pack we fought with. And with fellow coyotes." Isabella was very well aware of the fact that she did not look like a coyote, her doggish side somehow winning over the coyote. Only her ears and general shape gave away anything about that side of her blood, even if it was just as dominant as the dog. Somehow one was more powerful than the other on her looks, though she knew all her wily cunning came from the ancient tricksters.

"You know, I'd be happy to trade information, though I don't know what information is worth the price of oils. But I can, perhaps, trade fortune telling, if you are inclined to believe." Not many seemed to understand that the Mother always knew what was in store in the future for a person, determined by their personality and the choices they made in life. But why so few did not believe, the gypsy hardly knew. It did frustrate her though, especially when it was one of the best things she knew how to do. "Or other things, perhaps."

<style>
</style>
[/html]