fill up your mouth with smoke hourly
[html]

Early morning had drawn out something that Mephisto hadn't seen for quite some time. Entangled through the sunbeams and heavy wood came thick fog, its pallor so strong that it made the very forest beyond the quiet mansion seem so much darker. There was a certain nip to the air he had been anticipating in lieu of the summery warmer still left in the days, and it was almost that alone in which had drawn him out so early.

But it had been more than that, he supposed, a definite restlessness having crept up into his very soul. While he had holed himself away into Inferni, Mephisto had yet to really branch out properly. Mostly, he had been taking things in a little more day by day, allowing himself to watch rather than be overly involved. He marveled in the similarities he found from his homeland versus Inferni, but also took note of their differences. It was intriguing still. But the time had come to where he found himself wishing to quelling his restlessness.

And there was much to be done, he suspected. He had studied the mansion and it's failing interior, even to its exterior. He had surveyed parts of the land a little bit at a time. With his back to the whole of the house, he even went as far to study and survey the morning light and its companion, the coiling fog. It smelled fresh out there, and he drew it in, stretching and humming idly to himself. Soon, he thought. Soon he'd step out there to discover what today had yet to offer him.

[/html]
[html]

572 Kiri might need to slap me on this post because I assume things about her character. 8D

Myrika is by me!

Upon first stirring, Myrika noticed the world was still deeply gray. There was a faintly bluish light, and she guessed the time to be pre-dawn. The shuffling figure -- her shuffling somewhat better now, but not fully healed as of yet -- had woken her up, but Myri was able to drift back off again for at least a little while. When she rose again, her sister was asleep, and the world was still gray, but with a twingle of golden-yellow, too. The fog was such that, lifting a leather flap over one of the windows, she could not even see the corral and stables.

Leaving the village after seeing to her horses and herself (in that order), she took only a bandanna, which she shoved over her head rather rudely. An ear bent awkwardly, and refused to unfurl despite several strong flicks. She reached up and unbent the ear with a faintly pained look. The act itself was not painful, but anytime she thought of her ears she was bound to think of taunting and funny names. Strange to think they were all dust and bones now.

The crisp bite of the air made her regret her choice of only this bandanna. Now would be a good time to begin wearing the silly skirts she'd spent so much time stitching, but the tawny-hued hybrid did not like doing so except when she figured she'd be alone. It was her purpose today to make herself known -- she had spent a fair amount of time within the village, acting as if she was quarantined with sickness. It wasn't sickness she was quarantined with, but sister -- and by choice, too.

The sharp pinprick of guilt -- perhaps duty or responsibility whispering in Ezekiel's voice at the back of her mind -- drove her out of the village early, but she hadn't quite decided where to go as of yet. The caves were one place, but doubtless she'd end up going to see Vesper or Ithiel. Others needed to see her, too, and remember they still had a leader. It was to the mansion, then, though not without lingering long enough for the light to become far stronger.

And still the fog clung to the earth, obscuring the mansion until she was almost upon it. Sliding through the rear fencing, the tawny coyote passed the hospital house and then the greenhouse, hesitating by the rear door. In the end, she circled around to the front. In the end, it was as she'd hoped -- Mephisto sat on the porch, gazing toward the forest. Shadow still clung there as night's last vestige, and would perhaps remain until almost noon. Only the hottest part of the day burned off fogs like this, and they returned shortly thereafter anyway. The hybrid smiled, less forced than she had expected.

Hey, Mephisto, she said. The "how are you" was stifled, although with minor effort on her part. Did the sea fog this badly? she asked, recalling some passage or other that had described sea fog. Yeah, the weather's a better subject by far, she thought, wondering briefly if she ought to have gone with the instinctual inquiry as to his current state. She stopped herself from looking down at the ground or wringing her hands awkwardly only by force of will, and instead moved to make herself comfortable beside him on the step.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
Haha, totally passed out on you this morning for reals. I was all FOG OUTSIDE FOG OUTSIDE ZZZZ. x__x

[html]

Sleep still clung to him in a comfortable embrace, despite his better efforts at staying conscious. Mephisto would have very much loved to crawl back inside and to the comfort and warmth of his bed at that point, especially coming out of a stretch. There was something in the rest and relief found in his joints and muscles that told him he was still tired. But tiredness came and went for him, and when Myrika suddenly appeared from out behind the corner of the mansion, he found himself stifling a remark of surprise.

She seemed well, but he would have not suspected her to be any other way. “Mornin’,” he said to her greeting, his tail wagging idly behind him on the dusty porch. He scooted over a bit to give her room as she joined him, nodding at her response. “When the nights were cooler than the evenings, and the air just as damp as the water. The fog was a lot worse at sea than on land, at least to me.” He remembered the foggy oceans well, and had not enjoyed them. But it had been a necessary hazard.

[/html]
[html]

-- s'all good broskies 8D

Myrika is by me!

Though Myri could easily imagine the sea, the tawny-furred woman could not imagine herself actually on the sea. She'd met a few canines who had been overseas, mostly in Freetown, and while the subject was always an interesting one to her, she still could not imagine actually setting sail and heading to an entirely new continent. Sounds nice, she said, not realizing the inherent danger to sailing in the fog. It feels like you could disappear in the trees and never find your way out today. At least... until it burned away.

She shrugged, and plastered a grin on her muzzle, conjuring it up through some magical force. How are you settling in here, anyway? She had a duty to ascertain the comfort of each new recruit to the clan, but beyond that, the redhead considered it simply the right thing to do. She hadn't seen a terrible lot of Mephisto as of late, but then again -- she'd been sequestered away some weeks now, and couldn't properly judge just who was around and who was not.

<style>
</style>[/html]
*PUNCHES JOB, LIFE, ETC.*
[html]

“Deceptively nice,” he said with a thin smile. While he didn't elaborate on the dangers out there, he did remember how lonely it made the ocean seem. But on land, the fog was a completely different story, and he couldn't have agreed with Myrika more. It gave everything around them a more mystical feel, masking the thought that any danger could have come to their little slice of home, or paradise, depending upon how they chose to view it.

As for how he was settling in though? It was a little hard to say. Mephisto at first merely shrugged, but he began to piece together a response. “I'm settling in fairly well, actually. Kept a little to myself though, but not because I'm having any difficulties adjusting. I guess you could say that I've been feeling my way around, observing things and what not. Did notice that the mansion here could use quite a bit of work though,” he prattled on, only pausing to glance upward as though they could really perceive some of the worst of the building. Even the porch cover above them could have used a little work.

[/html]
[html]

-- oh hi did you know I stink Sad

Myrika is by me!

Myrika smiled and nodded her understanding of a slow integration. Such was her reason for selecting a residence so far from the "hubs" of Infernian life. While it had been a lonely choice, it had worked out, providing Myrika with just enough companionship and closeness while also giving her the room she needed to feel free. Though -- that last had been decreasing steadily with the leadership. She was beginning to realize what she needed to sacrifice in order to be a successful leader, and these thoughts frightened her. She was quite content to, at least for the moment, focus on smaller and more easily solvable problems.

Nah, I understand. It took me a while to feel this place out, too, she confessed, though carefreely enough. The mansion's been falling down for a decade, I think, she said, sighing. I should have taken up carpentry instead of horses -- or books. There were some who might call the latter thing entirely useless, even. I don't really know how long it'll stay around. Or safe, for that matter. Just because a building remained standing did not mean that building was safe to enter -- much less dwell within.

<style>
</style>[/html]