Would you promise to be true?
[html]
I know our other thread isn't officially finished yet, but I was feeling inspired so I wrote this one up XD Also I was thinking that they can make a promise to each other that they won't drink? Also moved so it wouldn't poof with the pack disband.
wc 378

The sun had just slipped down below the horizon, leaving the lands shrouded in the darkness of the night. The sooty paws of the Orion paced restlessly across the shore of Rabbit Lake. Her mind was a hurricane of questions, doubts, and fears. It had been ever since her encounter with Conri. When he had said that Lucifer and Kansas and Naniko had all slept together. Sometimes she thought he must have been lying, but for some reason she believed he was telling the truth. It crushed her. Ever since that first day they had spent on the deck of the manor Savina had been falling hard for the cream colored male. To hear that he had slept with the others drove her mad. When had this happened? Was it before or after their time together? Had he slept with both of them or just Naniko? Had he lied to her? Did he care about the other two more than her?

Emerald eyes fought back tears and the thoughts ravaged her mind. She needed to talk to him. To find out the truth of what had happened and how he felt. But she was terrified. What if all her worst fears were true? That he had just been playing with her, toying with her feelings. That the others were much more important to him than she was. A soft sob escaped her throat at those possibilities. The Italian girl had really liked him, and thought that he had felt the same. It tore at her heart to think that he didn't.

It couldn't be put off any longer. As scared as she was of the answers, if she didn't find out it would make her insane. Her slender head rolled back and a long, melodious howl rose into the air. It called for Kansas to meet her where she was. The ebony femme tried her best to keep her worry out of the call, but wasn't sure if she had achieved that end or not. Once she was done, she sunk down on her haunches to sit, her tail curling around one side. Green orbs stared out in front of her, waiting for any sign of his arrival. The tip of her tail twitched nervously as she waited.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
[ooc] i can't be stopped, i've got to take that fool's life

[ic] i'm outta bullets so fuck it, i use my knife

Kansas' mind had been swirling ever since the afternoon he had spent with Savina Marino, even faster after his encounter with Naniko. Having finally confronted his leader about the incident that had spun their lives off course, he no longer felt so weighed down. The consequences of what he, Lucifer, and Naniko had done weren't gone, but he'd tackled them. It wasn't like Kansas to do that - he often left things on the burner hoping they would cook up nicely, only to have them boil over. Maybe now he and Naniko could return to just being siblings, the best of friends, like it was supposed to be.

He could allow himself to think full-time about Savina. He couldn't wash the image of her sweet face from his mind; it kept him awake sometimes. The suddenness of meeting her made everything perfect. He'd been waiting until he saw her again with more excitement than he thought he could ever feel. No one had ever liked him like this, with no restraints or controversy. It was all right.

Kansas carried with him not only his worn sachel, but a small box that he'd painted with some of the leftover blue paint he'd been using on his room. It was for her. He hoped she would like it - he played the scene of her joyful acceptance of the gift over and over again, which was probably a bad idea. Kansas hated disappointment. He was just outside the house when a long howl pricked his ears, a call for him. The voice was familiar, but it had an edge to it that he didn't like.

The male jogged nimbly toward the lake, careful with the present in his hands. He found her at the beach, seated carefully. His initial smile of elation faded when he realized there was indeed something off about her. What was wrong? Bad memories? Kansas then began to wonder if she had somehow found out about his drinking and the unfortunate result of this, and his chest tightened. S-Savina?

[/html]
[html]
*pounces Killi* Big Grin
wc 344

Her eyes were like empty jewels as they stared out in front of her. All of their normal light and joy was absent them. Her heart pounded heavily in her chest, as if it threatened by break through the rib cage that protected it. She had never felt like this before, it was awful. All she wanted was for him to come hold her in his arms again and tell her that it was all going to be alright. But she couldn't have that until she knew the truth of what had happened. The dark femme clenched her jaw and tears threatened to burst from her eyes. She willed them back though. This was going to be hard enough, without making it more so by him coming upon her crying.

Then her ears pricked forward when she heard the sound of someone approaching. His handsome cream form came into view and her heart pounded even harder; it was in her ears. He had looked so happy, until he had seen her. Savina always wore her heart on her sleeve, and was not good at hiding her emotions. Kansas' voice stuttered her name. Even though she was the one whose heart and mind had been tortured the past few days, seeing him now she feared of hurting him. Jade eyes looked into his blue, and her ears rolled back against her skull. "K...Kansas." The wolfess swallowed hard, it felt as if there was a huge lump in her throat.

"Kansas I...heard something the other day." Hot salty tears stung at her eyes, she couldn't hold them back any longer. She diverted her gaze from his. "I...heard that you...you slept with Naniko and Lucifer..." The tears rolled down her cheeks. She could feel her body shaking slightly. Forcing herself to look back at him, she asked the first question that came to her. "When did this happen? Was it...was it after we met?" That was the one that came out, but there were others implied in her words. Such as, do they matter more than me?

[/html]
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
*poke!* <3

Seeing her so upset, that gorgeous dancing light gone from her eyes, pulled at his heart like nothing ever had before. He wanted to kill whatever was making her feel so terrible, but the problem was that he was sure that something was him. The flight instinct grabbed ahold of Kansas; he wanted to turn around and run in the opposite direction, and come back later to find her smiling at him. He inched a bit closer and sat down in front of her so he could see her face.

To his horror, the sight of him made her eyes shine with moisture, and he knew she was crying before the first tear fell. And she was crying about him. His face made her weep. This simple concept hurt more than he could stand. He wanted to make her feel better. He had wanted his face to always make her happy, not miserable.

Her eyes were stoney when she finally looked at him and the tears spilled freely down her face. She spoke his name, and then said what he knew she'd been going to say. Hearing it come from Savina's lips brought back his feelings of self-disgust. What a beastly thing I did. He looked down, wanting to cry himself. But he wouldn't have been able to take her seeing him do that.

Kansas took a shot in the dark and lifted her chin gently with his hand, looking into her terrifyingly sorrowful eyes. Savina... I'm so... sorry. I was going to tell you. That was a lie. He would have tried to hide it for as long as he could, because he couldn't stand the thought of her knowing. It was before - a long time before. I would never... She deserved the whole story. I was... I was drunk. We all were. It never would have happened otherwise. Naniko is like a sister to me, and... Savina, I haven't been able to think about anyone but you since I met you. He let go of her chin and rested his hand near her knee, still looking at her, pleading.

[/html]
[html]
awe, I love these two ;3
wc 425

After those last words left her lips, she felt more exposed and vulnerable than she ever had. She had never had feelings like this for another, and the fear that he might not care about her in the same way was paralyzing. The dark female had prepared herself to hear the worst. She thought that was all she could expect. No one but Kansas had ever taken an interest in her before. Savina had no confidence that she was indeed attractive or desirable to the other sex. In her insecure state it seemed obvious that he hadn't been serious in liking her.

But then something she was not expecting happened. He came and sat in front of her, his hand gently touching her chin to bring her face to his. She saw the sorrow and self loathing in his beautiful sapphire eyes. As he spoke she hung on his every word as though her life depended on it. In some ways it did. Her heart lifted as she listened to the story. It was before her, before they had spent that wonderful afternoon together. Some might not have believed him when he said that if it weren't for the alcohol it wouldn't have happened, but she did. His eyes told her the truth, and the truth was he felt awful about this.

But perhaps the thing that shocked her the most was what Kansas said last. He had been thinking about her since they met? Of course, she had been thinking about him constantly as well, though she never necessarily expected the same of him. That was all she needed. The sable girl buried her face in his chest. Tears continued to fall down her face, but now they were tears of joy. "Kansas, I was so afraid...so afraid that you didn't care about me." She knew that she was falling in love with him, there were no two ways about it. Even though she had never been in love before she knew. "I've been thinking about you all the time too."

There was one last thing that she needed to cover about this though. Savina trusted him, that wasn't it really. It was what alcohol did to perfectly good wolves that she didn't trust. Kansas said that he never would have done those things if he had been sober, and she knew that the same was true of Naniko as well. "Can you make me a promise? That you won't drink again? I'll promise the same to you. I never want to hurt you."

[/html]
</style>
Me too! And this post was kind of yucky, I do apologize.

This wonderful thing he'd felt for her, he couldn't stand to see it go so quickly. To slip from his grasp when he'd hardly had a chance to see what it felt like. Savina had made his conflicting feelings about Naniko go away, made him sure of what he wanted. The girl before him liked him with no strings attached. After he'd spoken, he all but held his breath, hating the thought of her rejecting his words. He didn't want to imagine it.

Her eyes were so sincere, so very endearingly full of emotion. He saw that she had the desire to believe him; the only thing he felt he could hold onto was the possibility that she did. She had every right not to, he'd been such a pig. Kansas had to look away from her, but as he did so, he felt her sink into his chest, and the butterflies in his stomach took off in beautiful flight. Her sweetness was overwhelming... She had really gotten this upset over him? He was worth that to her?

The smile was subtle, but then it bloomed across his face, and he was so relieved. Kansas embraced her, caressing the soft fur behind her ears with his hands. He didn't deserve her trust, but she was going to give it to him, anyway. I don't really think I've cared this much in a long time. He didn't know why he was telling her these things. He just wanted her to know so badly.

She had more to say, as well she should. Her request was more than reasonable. It wouldn't be too hard, since he'd only drank that one time - he wasn't too far into it. Not that this would have stopped him. Of... course. I won't let anything like that happen again.The fact that she offered to do the same for him said so much about her; she cared enough to make the same sacrifice for him that he would without a doubt make for her. You... you don't have to do that for me.

[/html]
[html]
Nah, its fine
wc 673

Warmth spread through her as she felt his arms around her and his soft caresses. She breathed in deep, taking in his scent. The ebony girl wanted nothing more than to always be near him, have his arms embrace her. When she was with him she didn't have to try and impress him. She could just be herself, and he liked her for that. It greatly eased her troubled mind that he agreed not to drink anymore. As long as he was in the right state of mind, Savina trusted Kansas not to do such things. "I know I don't, but I want to. I think its only fair." After all, that's what couples did for each other, right? The femme wasn't entirely sure they were an actual couple, but she wanted them to be. "Besides, I don't trust the stuff. We'll be happier if we both stay away from it." The word "we" had never had such a meaning to her as it did now. It was a bit odd, having that somewhat deeper meaning behind it, but it made her happy too.

Such a tremendous weight had been lifted from her shoulders now, and they could move forward. But before she said anything more a thought struck her. She now knew his dirty secret, it was only right that he knew her's. It scared her a little because she had only ever talked about it to Anslem, and they had been strangers at the time. Savina hadn't even confided in Naniko about this certain subject. She couldn't keep it from him though, he deserved to know. Her sleek head moved from his chest and rubbed against the side of his face. Then she pulled back to look at him while she spoke. "There's...something you should know about me." The fear was returning to her heart. What if she told him and he became afraid of her? One of her paws moved to rest on his leg to reassure herself.

"There's...something inside of me, something I can't always control. It only happens when I'm really angry. But when that happens I sort of lose myself, and something else takes over. I do things I wouldn't normally. Its happened three times. The first time was right after my mother died, Serge, the wolf who sired me had the gall to think he could comfort me when he had spent my whole life ignoring me. I was so upset that I just snapped and attacked him. I didn't do any serious damage, but that was one of the reasons I left my old pack." She breathed in deep, emerald eyes searching his, hoping that he wouldn't think her a monster. "The second time was here. Noah had gotten himself near a wildcat den and before I could get him away the mother came and attacked us. I...I almost killed it. Luckily I came back to my senses just in time."

"Then the last time. I assume you know what Conri did to Naniko. Ever since that happened I was always patrolling the borders, making sure he didn't come back. Well, one night he did. I hated him for what he did to Nani, and I was mad at myself that I wasn't able to stop him. It was so bizarre though...he actually asked me to kill him. I started attacking him...but he wouldn't fight back. I beat him up pretty good, and I went for his throat, but I stopped. The...monster inside of me was loosing control and I knew it wasn't right. I knew he deserved to pay for what he'd done, but I was no executioner. I told him never to come back or get near Naniko again and then I ran." Savina looked away, ashamed at what she was capable of. Of course in one case she had been protecting a pup, and Conri had deserved to be punished. But would he see it that way? "I...understand if that changes the way you see me..." But I really hope it doesn't.

[/html]
</style>
SHE-HULK!

He opened his mouth to protest further, but there was no point in doing so. If she wanted to do this with him, he would let her. Kansas doubted a drunk Savina could behave as badly as he had. It was the idea of them making this pact with one another that ultimately shut him up - it was like putting a name to this thing they had going. Togetherness. Not quite lovers, but it was something. And she recognized that, too. Okay.

Kansas watched her face carefully, and found lingering there some discomfort, though of a different sort. Had he done something else that was troubling her? He chewed his lower lip as she began to speak. No - it was only that she had a secret to tell him. He was worried that maybe something worse than what she'd told him already had happened to her.

But her tale was very different. He listened as she spoke of her "other side," tensing when she came to the part about Conri. Kansas had finally figured out what he'd done to Naniko, and it still made his stomach turn. But to think that Savina had fought their former leader? It was frightening - Conri might have hurt her, too. Kansas smiled slightly, feeling a little strange about what she'd told him (sweet little Savina!), but he touched her cheek as a hopeful comfort to her when he spoke. ...Of course not. I just don't... don't want you to get hurt. Conri could have hurt you if he wanted to. Just promise... that if there's anything I can ever do to help you with it, you'll tell me?

[/html]
[html]
RAWR! And sorry, this is kinda blah Tongue
wc 306

As she waited for him to respond her muscles were tense. It had been a gradual build up while she relayed all of the information to him, and she only really was aware of it now. But as he smiled at her and touched her cheek relief washed over her body like a waterfall. His touch seemed to have that effect on her she had noticed. Savina was so glad that all of that hadn't changed the way he saw her. He actually was more concerned about her getting hurt than anything else. This made the smile reappear on her face and she nuzzled against his hand. Maybe the only one who feared her a monster was she herself. They do always say that you're your own worst critic.

The femme leaned in closer to him, rubbing her face against his. "I promise." She felt as if she should say more, but nothing came to mind. This was the second promise they'd made to each other tonight. They were good promises, both of them. They would be there for each other, thick or thin. As she continued to nuzzle against his face she gently licked his cheek. The butterflies of happiness had finally replaced those of nervousness in her stomach. Now she just wanted to sit here with him all night.

Something blue sitting on the ground caught the attention of her eye. She turned her head slightly to get a better look at the object. It was a small blue box, obviously something Kansas had brought with him. Emerald gaze turned back to him, questioning. "What's that little box?" If she had been more experienced in such things, she probably would've been trying to hold back her excitement. But she had never been given a gift before. The girl had no idea what to expect.

[/html]
</style>
Nonsense! Big Grin

Kansas didn't ever want to be on the receiving end of such anger, not from anybody. But hopefully, with the promises they'd made tonight, this wasn't a possibility for them. They'd have trials, but he would never hurt her. He saw how much the fact that he'd slept with Naniko and Lucifer pained her - he didn't ever want her to feel that way because of him again. And he wasn't planning on it.

He felt like tonight was the start of something very important. It gave them something to hold on to, these promises, so special they were almost tangible to him. Kansas felt warmth spread throughout his body as she licked his face, and he returned the affection with a similar kiss. He saw her eyes wandering to his right - he'd totally forgotten about what he'd brought her.

Oh, I'm sorry - it's... it's for you. He held the parcel to her, smiling shyly. Kansas had no idea if she'd like what was inside - a small silver chain with a pale, pink-tinted shell hanging from it. The shell had been found at the shore a few days before. He didn't know if she even wore necklaces, or any jewelry for that matter. But he wanted her to have something from him. So she knew he cared.

[/html]
[html]
d'awwww! That's so perfect for her! I'm totally going to commish Kiri to draw her with it :3

Kansas was something special. It was inescapably obvious to her. Even though she had never been in any kind of "relationship" with a male before, this all just felt so right with him. His own insecurities and inexperience that matched her own made her feel much more comfortable. He was also so sweet and caring. Savina knew that he would never intentionally hurt her. She never wanted to hurt him either. His returned kiss felt so wonderful, sending shivers down her spine. The sable femme had never felt so happy and secure as she did with Kansas.

For her? What could it be? She'd never been given anything before. As he held it out to her she sniffed the small blue parcel. All it smelled of was paint, if there were any other scents they were overpowered. Without even realizing it her tail began to wag with excitement. Gently she used her nose to lift the top of the box to reveal its contents. It took her breath away. A delicate silver chain with a gorgeous pink shell attached. Even though she had never had any necklaces, she knew what it was. It was perfect. There was nothing more fitting for her than something from the sea. "Oh Kansas! Its beautiful!"

Emerald eyes shimmered like jewels as she looked back up into his face. "Did you make this yourself?" Her slender muzzle rubbed against his own, soft pink tongue giving him another kiss. "I love it! That was so nice of you. Could you...put it on me?" Savina was glad that she was in her lupine form, this way he was the one who would have to put the wonderful gift around her neck. Whenever she saw or wore the necklace she would think of him and smile.

[/html]
</style>
Aww yay!

Totally kept checking this thread without registering that you'd posted. :/

Kansas sometimes worried that if he was her first... romantic interest... being with him would become monotonous. She was so beautiful, surely somewhere down the line someone much more interesting and suitable would show up. Perhaps his quiet, unsure ways would bore her. The creamy male tried not to think this way too often, but the worrisome thoughts bubbled to the surface at odd times, like now. It was almost as though he didn't want to "jinx" anything.

The way she looked at him was so genuine, though. He felt unworthy of it. He hadn't done anything to earn her adoring gaze, had he? But Kansas enjoyed it so much that he just wanted to sweep his fears under the rug and forget about them altogether.

She looked almost surprised to be receiving a gift, or maybe just happy? He hoped it was the latter. She sniffed the box, her eyes shining, and when she opened it to find the shell necklace, her delight was overwhelming. He saw it in her eyes and heard it in her voice - it was like music. He was grinning widely, so pleased that she liked the gift that his cheeks were reddening. I... found the shell and made the hole for the chain. I'm... I'm so glad you like it.

He embraced her, releasing when she asked to be donned with the necklace. Not only did she like it - she wanted to wear it, too. He was so flattered that all he could do was nod eagerly, taking the chain and moving behind her. He unclasped it and settled it around her slender neck. When he faced her again, the shell stood out against her dark fur, pretty but not flashy. You are so beautiful.

[/html]
[html]
Hehe, no problem! Shall we wrap this one up in the next few posts? Maybe end it with them walking back to the mansion. Then we can start the last one before he asks Ehno for permission to mate her! Big GrinD
wc 446

The gift was so thoughtful, and so very unexpected. It was also so perfect for her. The dark fey loved the ocean so much. It was where she went when she needed to think, or just wanted to admire the beauty of it. The ocean had returned her brother to her, and the ocean had brought her here. To him. To everything she loved about this place. He couldn't have found her anything more fitting. Though she would've adored anything from him. The wide smile on his face filled her heart with warmth. Kansas was such a kind soul, that was one of the reasons she was so attracted to him. "That was so nice of you Kansas! I like it so much!"

It felt so wonderful when he embraced her smaller form. Savina had always hated being vulnerable in front of males, due to her sire. She had grown up forcing herself to be strong, never wanting to show weakness in front of them. She knew how much Serge had hurt her mother, and refused to let one do the same to her. So part of her was nervous about being so open with the cream male. But when he hugged her like that those feelings washed away. Kansas was nothing like Serge. He wouldn't do that to her. That's what she had to keep telling herself when those fears came up.

He eagerly jumped up to place the necklace around her neck. The girl had never really been "taken care of" by a male. Her brother was the one possible exception, but that was it. Her father had never cared after her. Maybe she had never given one the chance before now. But this felt nice. She trusted him. Sure, Kansas had dark parts to his past, but so did she. So did everyone. The chain settled lightly against hurt fur and her tail swept the ground behind her. When Kansas moved back in front of her again, his sapphire orbs were so bright and happy. You are so beautiful. These words had much the same effect as the last time he had said them to her, even more so. She moved forward and put her face against his. "You make me feel beautiful." Her accented voice was soft, but full of emotion. He was the only one who truly made her feel that.

Sable head pulled back and licked his muzzle, emerald eyes shimmering. "Let's go home Kansas. Maybe you can read me some more poetry?" Savina felt so bonded to him now. There was something special between them, it was undeniable. This was an auspicious beginning for them, she just knew it.

[/html]
</style>
Sounds fab! End here? Big Grin

He didn't want to go too quickly with her. Kansas was one for taking things slowly, to protect both himself and those involved. His fearful nature had etched this into him when he was a much younger boy. Savina made him feel different, though - he had such strong feelings for her that he was eager to see where they might take him. But he didn't want her to feel persuaded or controlled - he didn't think he'd done anything for this to be possible. He just wanted to be careful.

Likewise, Kansas had not felt like he could protect anyone. Not ever before. But he loved the sense of importance he gained when he held her, supporting her with his own body - even in that small, subtle embrace. He was thrilled that she let him hold her, that she trusted him. She didn't think he was too much of a "wimp" to give her trust to.

Kansas wondered if she thought it odd of him to tell her the exact same thing as before. But he wasn't ashamed. Her eyes lit up when he called her beautiful, and he loved the way it sounded coming from him. Their encounter today had started off rocky, but that was good, wasn't it? Because now he adored her even more. He relished her skin and soft fur against his cheek, smiling. I would love to. There are a few I really want you to hear. As he said so, he stood, taking her hands in his to help lift her to her feet. I'm so happy.

[/html]