knowledgeable stranger
[html]
____
Private for Garnet.

Late nights walking through front doors at daybreak

____Eyes shifting around, Trinity looked at the small house. It was good enough and she had spent hours fixing it up so she could live in it. It was white with one bedroom, a small kitchen and big enough space off of the kitchen that would have been considered a living room. There was a bathroom, but of course Trinity wouldn't need it so instead she ripped out everything from the room and placed cabinet space and counter tops for all her items. Taking everything from her two big hockey bags, she set up in what was supposed to be a bedroom with machinery and her weaponry with a few sets of clothing that she had been using.
____It would have been probably really weird looking to any other wolf that she acted almost human at times, but really it was Trinity's choice to act like this. She had a few books also that were about weaponry and blueprints to weapons that were made from all across the world. Her interests were everything from weaponry to being mechanical and being able to survive off of the skills she had.
____Stretching and looking around, finally pleased with herself, Trinity walked outside to enjoy the rest of the day. Up in the sky, it was clouding and she assumed that it was probably going to rain, however the sun was trying to peak out a little and that gave her the want to be outside for the afternoon. Sitting on the step, Trinity got to work on making a knife using rock for the head of it.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Why was she wandering around again? Again. She had had both bad and good experiences that sprouted from her wandering; Garnet had been attacked by a lone wolf and on the other end of the spectrum, she had met Skoll. In any case, she reasoned with herself that she wasn’t wandering all that far, only a little ways into Dampwoods. She hadn’t gone near where Dahlia de Mai territory was, so she felt relatively safe. The black coyote was wandering around on two legs today, seeing as she had just gotten to the age where she could shift, though Garnet didn’t feel quiet comfortable in her Optime form yet. The female tried balancing on one leg but only stayed that way for a few seconds before she had to put her other leg back down.

Frustrated, the black female huffed and puffed, and she found that it was much easier to stamp her feet in this form. Because she only had two legs, half of her weight went into the stomp instead of a mere fourth like in her Lupus body. Suddenly aware that she had been walking along while zoning out, Garnet looked around. Red eyes spied what appeared to be a house not far from her position; she could just barely see it through the trees. Remembering the ivy-infested mansion on Inferni territory, Garnet moved towards the house, coming from the side. When the black coyote came into the somewhat over-grown clearing, she heard something coming from the front of the building. Moving along cautiously, she peeked around the corner and saw an extremely attractive male hunched over something on the steps. Garnet knew it must be a male from the mass of muscle that the other Luperci had, though the wind was blowing the wrong direction for her to smell and be sure. However, that ment… Crap.. Realizing that her position was compromised anyway, Garnet stepped out from behind the house and waited a few seconds before saying. ”Whatcha working on, handsome?”

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Quietly working away, Trinity didn't notice at first that there was someone watching her but then she picked up the scent as she played ignorant, continuing her work. However, only a few seconds later she heard a voice from beside her. Handsome? Was she talking to Trinity? The female looked up at the other female and looked around before a small smile crept upon her face. Her voice wasn't deep at all, it was raspy, but definitely female, "Are you talking to me?" she shook her head as she continued smiling, working on the knife still.
____Trinity could understand why the younger female thought that she was a male, considering how muscular the female was compared to any regular female, almost looking like a somewhat medium sized male except for the tiny breasts that gave it away. However, Trinity was slouched over and the wind a different direction so she didn't take offense. Wearing, gray baggy shorts that went a little past her knees and a light blue baggy shirt that was cut off as a muscle shirt and had different colored stains on it from working in it. 'I didn't know I was handsome though...' she chuckled at her thoughts. For a second she had a thought that the other female might have been a lesbian, but you never ran into those quite often. "And to answer your question," the raspy voice went on, "I'm working on a knife." she stopped working for a moment to show the black female what she was working on. The younger lady had red eyes, looking almost daemonic except for her eyes made her dark features more... prettier.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Almost as soon as the other wolf turned around Garnet realized her mistake; this was actually a well muscle woman before her. When the Luperci spoke she was sure of it though. Oops. The black coyote felt her ears grow hot from embarrassment and she shuffled one of her feet a bit. ”Oh.. umm, this is awkward. Sorry.” The young coyote suddenly became very interested with the grass and weeds around her feet. However, something made her look up again; she just realized that the other was wearing clothing. It wasn’t something that she had exactly seen much of before, and it had been so out-of-place that Garnet hadn’t even noticed it.

Garnet’s attention was attracted though by the knife that the other female was working on. It was strange, she couldn’t recall ever seeing many weapons before this point. Moving closer to the older female, Garnet used a hand to brush away a stray loch of hair and revealed her three white dots that lay beneath her right eye. Besides those markings, the female was horribly plain; the same black fur all over. Realizing that introductions hadn’t been made, red eyes found the face of the other female. ”I’m Garnet by the way. Sorry for mistaking you for a guy.” She looked away from the female’s face and back at the knife in the other’s hand. ”So, what you going to use that for anyway?”

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity smiled at the apology but then the sudden curiosity in the young one of the knife. Garnet was a pretty name and it seemed to fit, "It's nice to meet you Garnet, I'm Trinity." the female had learned in her lifetime so far that being respectful meant less enemies, although no matter who you were, you always had one enemy. The brown and creme female looked up at Garnet, "I'm planning to use it for hunting, it makes it easier to do so without causing harm on yourself, like big bears and stuff but I don't recommend using just a knife on a bear, especially bigger ones. You should try using a javelin for them." as soon as she was finished talking she went back to focus on the knife, working another rock against it to carve it into the proper pointy structure which later she would use her skills to attach it wood, almost like how the Mi'kmaq did it back in their days.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet nodded briefly as the female, not male, introduced herself to be Trinity. It was an interesting name, though no more so than her own. It had most likely been for her blood red eye color which was the trademark of her family. Though the coyote wondered why this other female had been named Trinity. ’Maybe they just thought it sounded nice,’ she thought as Trinity spoke of the knife’s purpose. So it was a hunting weapon, interesting. It made sense to Garnet, though she wondered if the other female had ever actually fought a bear. She certainly had the muscle to do it, at least in Garnet’s eyes.

”I don’t think I’ll go around starting fights with bears, thank-you.” She said, smiling slightly as Trinity went back to the blade. ”Not that I’m afraid or anything, I just don’t have the physical capabilities to fight a bear or even another Luperci for that matter.” Garnet bit her lip slightly on the last statement, once again scuffing the grass with a foot. Really, after she had realized that Trinity wasn’t a guy, the black coyote had started to look up to the female. Really, the wolf was something amazing that Garnet wished she was herself; strong. Trinity looked like she didn’t have to go around starting fights to prove herself, she already knew of her capabilities and was sure of herself. This was the impression that Garnet got from her, though who knows how accurate it was.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Blue eyes looked up at the female and she stopped working on the knife. Seriously, just eying the female she looked around for a minute and sighed, "Well I'll give you some advice..." she paused for a second and shook her head as she spoke, "Never tell someone what you are capable of. Ever." breathing in she let out a great breath, "Because all of the sudden, that becomes your weakness, because you tell them your weakness." although the other female did look quite young, so Trinity took that into consideration, "Have you ever even fought before?" the creme colored female cocked an eyebrow.

____An ex-warrior is what Trinity was. She used to fight in wars, learned how to control areas before taking in the knowledge of her master Dane, and becoming a black belt eventually herself. Trinity wasn't sure if she should even share her knowledge with Garnet at such an age where she still probably didn't care about right and wrong. She could be wrong, but at the same time if she shared the power she had, it could cause chaos through the lands and she would regret it, she'd have to put down the monster she created. However Trinity set her mind on talking to the young girl for a bit, and if she was pleased with what she heard, she'd train her herself.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Two black ears perked up as Trinity offered some advice. Garnet was definitely ready to receive any the other female could give. However, when the advice did come, it only really confused the young female. What did saying your weakness have to do with anything? Wouldn’t it have already been your weakness, or if it wasn’t, it’s not like you suddenly became weak in that area. Garnet snorted softly, even though she was taking it in. A kind of ‘note-to-self’ thing going on in her head. Trinity’s question caused the coyote to stop and think for a bit before replying. ”Well, I play-fought as a pup with my sister and brother. A few weeks ago I was attacked by a wolf, I think he was going to kill me, thankfully my mom jumped in and kicked his ass. I don’t think that counts much as fighting though, he mostly just punched me around too fast for me to do anything before Asphyxia arrived. Umm, can’t think of anything else, why?”

Garnet flicked an ear towards the cream wolf as she looked around the clearing. The only other thing had been the incident with Hybrid, though that had been more just aggression without physical contact, so it didn’t count. Actually, for a coyote of the infamous Inferni, Garnet had done little fighting, and what fighting she had done had been more of getting her ass handed to her. ’He had caught me off guard, that won’t happen again.’ The young female took a deep sigh as two red eyes watched some bird flit between the branches of the nearby trees.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity nodded at Garnet and finally put the knife down beside her, wiping her hands off on her pants and standing up, "Okay then." looking around one more time like a crazy paranoid person, she looked back at the red eyed female, "How much do you know about fighting?" she stood there a few feet away from the female and crossed her arms as her hip leaned towards a side more than the other. In all honesty, it didn't really look like she was confidant that she knew anything. Trinity had to do one more thing, and that was to assess Garnet's physical strength to see what she was dealing with.
____Looking Garnet up and down without it being noticed, she took in mental notes that would help the other female train better. For Trinity to even look the way she did now, to have the strength and muscle she had now, it took a lot of dedication and very hard work. Before Trin even bothered to really decide rather if she wanted to master Garnet or not, she was going to have to figure out if she was a pansy. If Garnet was, she was going to have to make her the opposite, make her be able to take a hit, even a light hit. She wanted to be able to hit Garnet in the floating rib, probably break it and have the girl only stagger and fight like someone just unleashed her from hell. No emotion was supposed to leak through during a fight either, so if someone started yelling profanities at Garnet, she'd just brush it off, especially if something was said about friend or family, someone she loved or someone she hated.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:Short, didn't feel like fluffing it D8

IC:
After the fourth time, Garnet finally noticed how much the other female was looking around. It made her kind of uneasy as she wondered what in the world the other was looking for. When Trinity stood up and asked her a question though, Garnet forced back on the topic being discussed. ”Well, my mom taught me a bit about pinning and feigning, though that was in my Lupus form, so I don’t really know much about trying to fight with two legs.” The black female gave a half smile to the cream wolf.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity took that in for a moment. That was good, at least she knew some tactics about fighting on four paws, hopefully her mother taught her well, "Okay then. That's good, we can start from fresh." Trinity started to bounce on her feet ever so lightly when she finished her sentence, just putting pressure from one side to the other and then putting one foot behind but not really noticeable getting in a 'open stance'. Putting her hands up, she looked at Garnet, stared her straight in the eyes like she was taught when she fought someone, "Now, I want you to try to attack me, punch me or whatever, I want to know how much natural ability you have first. Also, rules are, only punching and blocking yourself, but I'll only pretend to hit you for now until I teach you how to actually fight. And I'll mostly just be trying to dodge your attacks and such."
____Light on her feet, Trinity moved around and waited for the young dark girl to attack her. She already had an image in her head of what she was going for, where she was going to hit her, although by meaning she wouldn't actually hit her just meant she wouldn't hit her hard, just a light tap but making sure there was contact there, "Show me what you've got."

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Unlocking her knees, Garnet nodded to Trinity. The other female had seemed pleased that Garnet already knew a little bit about fighting even though it wasn’t using her Optime form. The cream wolf changed her footing as she began to ‘instruct’ the young coyote. Garnet watched Trinity carefully, while think about what she was going to do. She was having a flashback of when her mother had taught her, Asphyxia had requested a similar thing to be done. Garnet’s red eyes scanned Trinity’s body, even though she knew how this was going to end, that is, with Garnet getting her ass handed to her.

Well, I might as well try my best, she thought as she rolled back her shoulders to loosen the muscles. Garnet had to remind herself that she was only allowed to punch, even if the coyote could think of more creative ways of attacking Trinity, and probably those ways would have been at least a bit more effective. So, the black female started by pacing slightly before charging at her teacher. Garnet held both arms ready at her sides as she closed the distance between herself and Trinity. She aimed her first blow high, keeping her other arm closer to her body. The first arm swung at Trinity’s head, hopefully giving her second arm room to hit the wolf’s stomach.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity looked at the girl, saw mostly what the other was doing from her peripheral vision. She waited in the same stance, bouncing around to keep herself moving. Garnet started at her, just running at her and that was her first mistake, although she did throw a punch but Trinity easily rolled it off as she leaned back a slight touch and moved to the left, leaving Garnet open to the creme female's attack which was a reverse punch aiming at the red-eyed female's jaw, but because she promised light at least she wouldn't be knocked out from the attack but it'd definitely surprise the other female. "Bang." she said tapping Garnet's jaw with her fist, "Okay lets stop for a minute and go over what just happened." she looked at the black female and nodded as she reassessed everything.
____Finally finishing thinking she nodded once again and looked at Garnet, "Your first mistake was coming straight at me, no fakes or anything before you went in for actual contact. There is a thing my master taught me it's what we call 'in and out'. You get in, hit your opponent and then recreate space between yourselves." she stepped towards Garnet, getting back in her stance for a moment and showed her, "Okay lets pretend you swung at me, so as you come forward to attack me, I counter the attack rather if it's with a kick or punch and then I back away a little, recreating the distance we had at the beginning of the fight, it's the most important thing." Trinity paused a moment and chuckled, "Oh and the next important thing is that no matter what, keep your hands up. You need to protect your jaw, that's your off switch. Someone gets you there, bang, lights out, sweet dreams. Any questions so far?"

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet saw the wolf practically dance around her before ‘tapping’ her in the jaw. The coyote snarled at the surprise punch, though she was slightly mystified as to why the other did it so lightly. ’We aren’t really fighting here; she isn’t trying to kick your ass, though she could.’ The coyote rotated her jaw around as the wolf began to actually teach her something. Part of it she knew, charging right at her opponent had been stupid, but Garnet didn’t have any serious instructions in the first place She knew that she had to get beaten up before any actual teaching was done here, so Garnet had gotten it over as quickly as possible. However, this ‘space’ thing was news to her, and the coyote pricked her ears up.

Garnet decided that this next time she would do as her instructor said, though hopefully with slightly better results. Another note-to-self was made, this time about keeping her hands up. Such a thing wasn’t possible in Lupus form, so Garnet had not known about this defense. At Trinity’s inquiry, the black coyote huffed a bit. ”Yeah, when do we go again?” She crouched down a bit, holding her arms up near her face as the wolf had said to do.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Nodding at her question, Trinity got into her stance as well. Weaving around Garnet, she kept her distance as Garnet was supposed to keep her own distance. "Although, just remember that when I mean distance, not to back away every time, counter my attacks in any way you can and then jump back. You need to be able to score on me." Trinity got back into a peaceful place and looked at Garnet, eying her. The lighter colored female had a few ideas of what anybody with little training might do, "After this, we're going to get into proper punching and kicking techniques before moving onto ways that you could counter attacks." quietly now, Trinity did a rear leg turning kick to Garnet's stomach which would take a lot to defend from, although she didn't throw it that hard but it could be enough to knock the girl over.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet nodded at her teacher’s recommendation, making a note of it. Yes, the point was to get at least a few hits on your opponent. The coyote had to make sure to watch for openings. Her red eyes caught movement from Trinity and she moved back, sucking in her gut to try and avoid the kick. Garnet felt the wolf’s claws rake through her belly fur, but it wasn’t enough to draw blood. As soon as the foot was past, she made her move, going in to Trinity’s now exposed flank. The black coyote aimed a punch at the wolf’s side, keeping one hand up for blocking, before she leapt back away from her mentor.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Countering Garnet's attack, before she could actually get away, Trinity hit Garnet's wrist with her wrist bone to make the attack fall and tapped Garnet's temple with her other fist. Even though technically Trinity would have killed her by now, she wasn't even attacking her which she hoped would gain a lot of trust from the other. After Garnet backed away, Trinity smiled and bowed to her which obviously was showing that their fight was over, "Now, when I hit you in the stomach, it would have sent you flying to the ground and you'd most likely be finding it harder to breathe."

____Trinity moved towards Garnet so there was barely any space between them, she punched Garnet in the stomach, hard enough to knock some wind out of her, "You know why that hurt more than it should? Because you need to learn to breathe." she made the breathing sound and looked from Garnet's stomach to face, "Why it helps it not hurt so much is that when you get hit and you breathe like that, it's flexing your abdominal muscles so it's not hitting such a soft surface. We'll have to get you to start doing sit-ups on a regular basis." she looked at Garnet as if she was saying 'alright?' and nodded, "Now lets try it. I'm going to hit you just as hard, now breathe when I'm about to make contact, it's really easy. Go." and with that, Trinity aimed in the same place with the same amount of power, actually hitting her this time.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
As the cream female once again hit Garnet, she growled slightly. Trinity bowed to her, which made the coyote seriously want to kick the other in the face, though she managed to restrain herself, knowing that the wolf would probably just catch her foot and throw her down. Red eyes watched Trinity as she moved forward. Garnet didn’t know what was going on, and when the punch came, she doubled over from shock. ”What the fuck!?” Garnet wheezed out as she coughed a few times. Her ears caught the instructions as she righted herself. ’Oh, so this is about breathing eh? Then another note, though right about now the list was getting quiet long, this one saying ‘do sit-ups’. Garnet nodded at Trinity’s look, though her red eyes burning slightly. The female was getting slightly frustrated.

The coyote breathed as instructed when the punch connected and was pleased to see that it didn’t hurt as much as the first time around. ’Well at least one thing fucking works. Garnet had been pushed back slightly and had to regain her footing, but other than that she was fine.

[/html]
[html]
____
ooc

____Trinity sighed with a slight smile, "I realize this is so much to take in. I'm a little surprised actually that you already didn't get frustrated." quietly she examined Garnet's expression and realized just how frustrated she looked, "I think we are just about done here today, because I also have to get back to work. However, I'd like to end this day on a good note and do some meditation." she smiled slightly and sat down on the ground exactly where she was sitting. Crossing her legs, shutting her eyes and putting her hands on her knees, she opened one eye to see if Garnet was following and then, not caring if the other girl was or not, she spoke aloud after a moment and shut her eyes again.
____ "Count to ten and breathe in as far as you can in that ten seconds, and then count to ten slowly in your head, and then breathe out slowly for another ten. Learn to control your lungs and it will help you so you wont get so tired during a fight and you can save being slow for after the fight. Go." breathing in, she counted to ten, bringing in all the air in that she could bring in, which really it was a lot of air. And counting to ten very slowly, she also thought about good thoughts and how Garnet could be potentially a very good fighter, and then after ten seconds she breathed out as much air as she could. Trinity kept her eyes closed and decided to do it a couple more times, repeating the same thing over.

[/html]
[html]

OoC:

IC:
The younger female bit her tongue to prevent herself from yelling at the wolf. A tiny voice kept saying that if she did, Garnet would learn nothing else from Trinity and would have to find someone else to teach her. However, this made the coyote no less frustrated. The wolf had decided to end the session, which was probably a good thing, because if she hadn’t Garnet might have acted illogically and done something stupid. The older female sat down on the ground and began breathing deeply. She kept her eyes closed as she spoke and instructed the coyote on the breathing method. Red eyes glared at Trinity briefly before the young female huffed once and stormed off. Though, for the record, once Garnet was out of sight and scent, she did sit down on the ground and slowly counted to ten.

[/html]