two lovers locked out of love.
[ preferably someone who has interacted with emmanuelle. also dropping max as my pNPC when back to VN ]

The little bundle squirmed in her arms.

Her bleached lip trembled as she cast her gaze downward, drinking up the details of the small puppy in her arms. It was her sisters, and the little girl was named Nevada. The coyote pup was the color of dusk, a dusty gray as her base coat with gloves and boots of a dark mocha brown. Her muzzle was streaked with a lighter brown, and she had pockets of a darker brown under each eye - much like her mother. Her own crystalline gaze was met with hues of violet and fushia, in the same mis-matched pattern of Emmanuelle. Alessandra’s breath caught in her throat as she held the small puppy closer to her chest, not wanting the darling little thing to catch a chill. She raised her hand and with a single finger traced a pattern through the pups light underfur, almost white but not quite. Who had the father been?

Her sister was sick. Both of mind and body, she was holed up in a secret little den just outside of Inferni. The den reeked of death and Alessandra knew there had been others, two little boys she’d been told. Weather they had been miscarried or killed off because of sickness, she didn’t know. What had disturbed her was how dead her sunflower sister had appeared, gaunt and uncaring. Her skinny frame was riddled with sores and she smelled of sickness. Weather she would survive or not remained to be seen, but she hadn’t wanted help. All she had wanted was for her half sister to take her remaining child. Her wish had been to leave Inferni out of it, but Lessa knew there had to be someone who cared there. Someone who might have wondered where the pale coated coyote had disappeared too.

It had been pure chance that Lessa had happened upon the small den, and now she shared her sisters haunted look. She stood at the skull ridden borders, clutching her precious cargo wrapped in rabbit furs and howled out, an intricate melody ending off with a few sharp yaps as her coyote's nature preceded her.
[html]

*steals even though she has other threads that need replying to* Alma is going to feel so guilty when she realizes Emma disappeared and she didn't notice

Alma was astride her horse, surveying the changes the hurricane had wrought on Inferni's territory. Her pace was slow, almost leisurely; she still did not trust herself to keep control of her horse when the mare launched into a full gallop. Yet; the orange coyote had taught her to tolerate her presence enough to ride on her back, and perhaps one day they would trust each other enough to go into battle together - distant as that future was. Inferni had seen no threats since the Boreas had been defeated, and while Alma wasn't a warrior by rank, she was more than willing to fight.

A howl from the borders made her large ears swivel. She paused for a moment, considering whether she should answer the call. If it was a coyote looking to join, Alma thought it was better for another, more socially-inclined member to greet the newcomer - it would make a better impression. She almost dismissed it, but something in the coyote's voice seemed familiar, though she couldn't quite place it.

Abruptly, she felt her mother's presence hovering over her shoulder. No words came from the ghost's mouth - nor could she see her - but Alma felt her mother wanted her to investigate; perhaps she was as curious as her daughter? Or perhaps she knew something Alma didn't...

Spurred on by that last thought, she urged her horse into a trot. The orange-haired coyote half expected one of her siblings to be standing by the skulls, waiting for her. It had been so long since she had seen any of her family and only now had it occurred to her that they existed at all. An expression of surprise crossed her face when she spied instead a black coyote with something like skull markings upon her head. She felt like her mother had tricked her, somehow; she just wanted to satisfy her own curiosity, clearly - this was no relative of hers.

Alma pulled her horse to a stop a short distance away, so the mare would not be tempted to trample the woman, and dismounted. "Hello," she said, while stroking the horse's side. Surprise gave way to curiosity at the dark coyote's strange markings. It rather fit in with the borders, and made her suspicious that the woman intended to join - not that she objected, but Alma was not one of those designated to greet newcomers and was afraid she might get in trouble for her rash decision.

"I am Alma, Armorum of Inferni." She paused, considering how she might best phrase this. "I am not, ah... the one you should talk to if you want to join," She said, apologetically, eyes darting a bit as if she thought she was doing something wrong. "But, if you have any other business with our clan, I'd be happy to help."

Her eyes fell to the bundle in the woman's arms, which she had not noticed until now. She could just catch the sight of a tiny gray snout. The orange coyote's eyes lit up, and she almost took a step closer to get a better look - she couldn't see the resemblance to her golden haired friend from this distance - but stopped herself. The mother (or the woman she assumed was the mother, anyway) might be offended by the intrusion.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was not long until her call was answered by an ginger-haired coyote. The bright hue of her locks reminded her much of Emmanuelles own sunny color, and her breath caught in her throat for the second time in the same day. She nodded her own greeting as the other spoke, introducing herself and then describing that they had border-patrol ranks that she appeared not part of. Luckily, Alessandra wasn’t here to join. She had made her own home in Vinatta with Reykr and Max, and she wondered briefly if she had come here earlier and taken her sister with her if she still might be well. However, she couldn’t have known the sunchild had resided here and until her personality change she wouldn’t have wanted her around. It couldn’t have been helped.

“ My name is Alessandra Von Sin, Risna of the northern pack Vinatta. On my travels through the surrounding territory I seemed to have stumbled upon business of your pack. “ Her eyes watered, but she blinked away the tears threatening to gather in her icy hues. “ My sister, Emmanuelle. “ She said hoarsely, adjusting the puppy in her arms so that the other could get a better look at her. If this Alma proved to be a friend of her sisters, she would hold Nevada out, but as of right now she was largely distrustful of these strangers. The puppy squirmed in her arms and mewled, hungry. If she could be said to have a soul, it might have broken. The woman wouldn’t be able to stay long, she needed to get back to Vinatta and find means to feed the helpless pup. She would need the goat they had brought with them, but the journey would take hours and she didn’t know how long pups could go without food for.

“ She is not sound in the mind or the body, I fear she has taken residence outside your clanlands and has given birth to three pups. The two males perished. Nevada was the only left, she begged me to take her to my home and leave Inferni out of it, but I hoped to find somebody here who cared and might be concerned on her whereabouts.. If Nevada’s father is here, he should know where his daughter is. “ Though unspoken, her tone suggested something else that would have gone along with her words. Why had nobody come to find her sister? Surely the clan knew she was heavy with child. Why had she been all but abandoned.

[/html]