all out of love.
Set right after this thread!
[html]
[/html]She hadn't heard enough to know what really had happened, but she could see--from the way Pride (or was it Adwen?) ran from her family and to the borders--that they had said something. Wraith still wasn't sure how to treat the other girl or whether she even believed if this supposed albino was her sister. And if she was, what did that mean? Was she really prepared to treat her blood family like dirt? Pride hadn't been the one to abandon her, so it wouldn't be fair for Wraith to abandon Pride. She knew what that felt like.

She chased after the other girl, calling out her name and alternating between Pride and Adwen. She didn't want to startle her or bother her in a way that would set her off, so she tried not to follow too closely. She didn't want to threaten her; she figured that after Pride had taken off so quickly, something bad must have happened. Wraith just didn't know what.

"Hey!" she shouted, "wait up!" [html]
[/html]
They were right behind her, she could hear their steps. Since Pride really didn't want to be torn to pieces, she kept running. It was shameful, the way she had been chased off. She had done her best to act diplomatic, but it hadn't worked. Pride would have to try again. She would figure out what she had done wrong, and next time approach a pack where the members wouldn't want to kill her for the crime of being her mother's daughter. Pushing what sorrow there had been away she let the anger at her treatment start swelling up.

The call from behind her was surprising. It was the other sibling, Wraith. Pride's ears flattened, hearing the name that she really didn't like be shouted out. Finally she stopped, whirling around. Her fangs were bared expecting to be attacked. She reached for her knives, noting that Valkyrie and Nathaniel had fallen behind. It was just her and Wraith now. That would make it easier. Loosening her limbs Pride watched for signs of the attack. She didn't expect anything else after Valkyrie's actions.
[html]
[/html]Wraith must have done something to startle Adwen because her sister whipped around, her fangs bared and hands seeming to itch for weapons. Wraith was immediately set on high alert and lowered herself to the ground into a defensive crouch. Unlike her sister, she was in her original four-legged lupus form, so if Adwen tried to attack her, she'd have to do a lot of ducking and bending. But it still didn't change that Adwen had bared her fangs at her; they were sisters, weren't they? Allegedly, at least. Either way, that didn't sit well with the scout at all.

"I was going to come here to try and explain, but maybe I was wrong. If you're looking for a fight, I'm not going to fight you," she said, almost coldly. "You'd be stupid to attack me so close to my clan though," she added icily. She wasn't sure what kind of character Adwen was, but she wasn't going to be taking any chances. She wouldn't let some so-called sister ruin her home.[html]
[/html]
Wraith took on a defensive pose, not moving to strike. Pride watched her a little warily. Perhaps she shouldn't have leaped to conclusions so quickly. She had thought Wraith wanted to attack her, but her actions didn't denote that. They were the actions of someone who hadn't been expecting an attack, and didn't know what to do with the aggressive way Pride had reacted to her. Neither moved as Wraith's voice cut through the air, moving through the tension and pushing it aside to make things clear.

Straightening Pride pushed back a couple loose strands of hair. I didn't come looking for battle. Your sister chose it. I had assumed that your relations were close enough to take her side. Silence hung for the moment as Pride looked over Wraith. She was a bright colored coyote, and didn't seem to have any of the fiery temper that Valkyrie had presented. Wraith seemed closer to herself in temperament, with a tendency to strike out with a cold calculated action instead of responding with emotion.