Two of Swords
[html]

ooc: noon, Oct 14th, just after the Freetown trip and thread with Shiloh/Niernan. Smile

wc: 512

The collie siblings had been granted safe passage through the pack that followed the coastline, which they had now been told was named Vinátta. The name meant nothing to them, some foreign tongue they must speak here in the north. Cosette in particular missed the south, where she understood and recognized all of the cities and landmarks, but they had too many reasons to turn back. It seemed they had finally reached the northern outpost of wolves that their father had spoken of -- all the tales he spun about his kingdom on the beach, his loyal subjects both dog and wolf and everything in between, and even the real Ruri Aceline -- Cosette was highly curious to see just how many of the rum-soaked words had any truth behind them.

Today was not for dwelling in the past, though, today was a simple victory. The black and tan wolf had willingly led them through to the other side without any suspicions, and the two siblings were still lingering around the border after the scout departed. They were curious. Cosette and Clopin had never spent any significant time around wolves, especially not those with an actual pack in the wilderness like their feral ancestors. The brother's good eye skimmed the pine trees anxiously, watching for any signs of movement in case the black wolf returned with the knowledge of their encounter with his packmate. They still bore the bruises from that altercation, a heist gone awry. The sister, however, was cheerfully sniffing at the scent markers, dark eyes gleaming with intense fascination. They were not trespassing, and if questioned, they could always say they were interested in joining. That was how it worked, wasn't it? New Orleans was less... structured.

"There are a lot of wolves here," Cosette commented idly, stalking along the treeline. "The further north we come, the less dogs we see... they must think we're exotic." Her bells jingled as she paced, peering curiously past the tree trunks to try and catch a glimpse of dwellings. She had no wish to settle down, and the young female might never desire that sort of mundane life. She did like to pretend, though... Perhaps that would be a fun trick, convincing some wolf that she wanted to join them. Her deaf brother would simply follow her wherever she went, regardless of his own feelings. She turned to face Clopin, a mischievous grin alighted on her lean muzzle, plumed tail waving. "Let's use our cards for another wolf, the next one that comes along!" The masked male sighed slowly, but found a seat upon a nearby stump and began shuffling the deck. He was not driven by the same chaotic need for excitement as his sister, but rather a sense of filial piety, one that made it his duty to remain at her side. He worried about her, especially with this obviously risky stunt; what if the white wolf returned with her stick? Cosette began to hum a song as she waited impatiently, hoping her voice might carry to anyone nearby...

[/html]
[html]

WC:: 5+ OOC:: So I didn’t realize how adorable Cosette and Clopin are. Tongue I love your character page.

Life in Vinátta had been on fast forward since the ex New Dawn wolves had joined the vikings. Faces, names, scents, and sounds had been thrown at them from every which way and Palaydrian still hadn’t gotten the chance to fully recognize the feelings of morning sickness in her body once more. The golden woman was occupied with trying to learn the ways of her new pack now that their house was coming together and she’d found out others shared her love of herbology. It was tough, the way of the viking was reminiscent of some of the traditional ways she had grown up in, but all the gods they worshipped and holidays they celebrated were too much for her to wrap her head around in a matter of days. In time she was sure she’d adapt fully to their traditions though Luna would always be her goddess. For now she settled on wearing the Frithr necklace she and her mate had received upon arrival. The symbolic hammer, draped between her breasts, was meant to represent a new beginning and for this, Drin was ever thankful.

Jiva had given his mate respite today in the form of entertaining Leaf. She had been feeling sickly lately, probably from her sudden trek to New Dawn and back, though she reasoned she couldn’t have missed Fayne’s birthing for the world. It could’ve be a combination of things that upset her stomach, but pregnancy was far from her mind. Sure she and Jiva had gotten into it the first night they had their new home, but that was only to appease her husband’s incessant advances and besides, she hadn’t felt like she was in heat, in fact...ever since the death of her children, she hadn’t experienced another heat cycle. She knew it was nothing to truly worry about as the seasons got cooler, but Drin refused to believe what she was feeling was actually morning sickness. Pure denial for so many reasons. To become pregnant now after all the loss they had suffered, the woman would only be a overly cautious wreck.

She pushed the thoughts from her mind as she walked out of home and into the fresh air and daylight. Air, this was what she needed, and a perhaps a nice walk. A mini break from learning Vinátta’s lore wouldn’t hurt and the fae preferred learning about her family from a pack member’s mouth rather than a book. The ocean eyed lady strolled aimlessly through the Jordheim and made her way to the more wild locations in Vinátta where the houses and other structures thinned out. Out here in all the green she was able to get a cleared mind and a bit of peace. She could hear muffled voices from up ahead and began to speed up, meeting more members was essential to her immersion within the new culture. Her eyes focused on a pair of canines, definitely not wolf and truly not resembling any other hybrid or dog she had come in contact with before. A smile pulled at her lips as she hailed them from a few yards away. Hello! I hope I’m not interrupting, she could see as she got closer the larger of the two had some sort of paper within his hands. My name is Palaydrian, she introduced herself, slowly realizing the sleek furred dogs didn’t exactly smell like the pack but more so like a mixture of her own scent. From multiple places, not yet determined.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinmoon .space {float:right; height:230px; width:240px;}
.drinmoon b {font-weight:bold; color:#c58062; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinmoon p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.drinmoon {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uTOQP.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#848484; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.drinmoon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Aww, thank you hun~ <3! FYI, I had to do some minor edits to my first post due to timelines, let me know if any of it doesn't work for you. Same goes for the minor PP!

wc: 499

The siblings did not have long to wait before Cosette's voice drew someone to them. She could certainly be loud when she wanted to be. Keen eyes quickly appraised the female that approached them through the trees -- it was not the black scout or the white stick-fighter, nor did this one carry a weapon. She was not an immediate threat, and Clopin relaxed imperceptibly, letting his ice-blue eye drop back to the cards while Cosette continued to observe. She wore the same pendant as their wolf guide, Cosette noted with interest. It was definitely something to do with the pack -- good to know, in case they ever needed to infiltrate the northern pack for some reason. All they would need to pass for new members would be one of those necklaces.

The greeting came, friendly and cordial, and Cosette quickly reciprocated. "Palaydrian, sugar!" she cooed in an overly affectionate tone, waltzing fearlessly up to the stranger and moving to grasp both her hands in warm greeting. This female was a good head taller than her, as to be expected from a wolf -- although, Cosette noted with private satisfaction, lofty Clopin would easily outflank her if the need arose. "Why, I daresay you are the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen, simply radiant with those eyes of yours! Wouldn't you agree, dear brother?" She glanced back to Clopin, who knew when to nod in agreement even though he had not heard a word of her pandering. She turned back, smiling brightly at the tawny-gold female. "We wanted to learn more about this place, but we were afraid this packland was full of brutes, all savages and warrior-types! I'm so glad to see a refined lady such as yourself, sug. You are positively glowing." Cosette's dark eyes gleamed inscrutably, set in her mahogany-marked pixie face. Talking came naturally to her, the stories flowing easily even as she made them up.

The petite collie-dog stepped back a pace to perform a quick curtsey, tossing her head with a jingle of her bells. "And I haven't even introduced myself yet, shame on me! My name is Soleil, and my brother is Lune; easy to remember as the sun and the moon, of course, because I'm always sunny and he's so cold and grim," she added in a teasing tone, sticking her tongue out at Clopin. Her silvery sibling merely sighed and readjusted the mask covering half his face, dutifully shuffling the deck of cards over and over. Cosette clapped her small hands together, grinning cheerfully at the foreign wolf. "He's my best friend though, that brother of mine! I wouldn't go anywhere without him, which is why I wanted to find out if this pack would be a good fit. I was going to ask the cards, but I suppose I could just ask you, sugar." She made sure to look pointedly at the cards before scoping out the wolf's reaction -- would she be interested in a reading?

[/html]