[p] the strength i need to push me
[html]

backdate this to, like, October 5th please?

Well, the hurricane was an interesting event, to say at the least.

The storm came like wind from hell, and the long, grueling days that it took to pass over left over a mess to match its force. Flooded lands, downed trees. Lovely. But, the most beautiful of things that now a chunk of her home laid disorganized on the north side of her home in the Ruins, right near the entrance.

Harrow wanted to kick at the debris that the hurricane had jumbled up, but somehow managed to refrain. She had made the place, the thing she had now recognized as her home, half decent, and it seemed to be her luck that a windstorm would happen upon its way and crumbled a good portion of the northside. At least the door frame is still there, and a little wall, she thought with a spitting growl as she appraised the ruins, obviously not at all satisfied with her optimism. She hated the change, and did not want to deal with it.

Alas, snarling at the crumbled bricks would not make them repair themselves. So, she whipped away from her ruins, the place giving her vivid annoyance just by its existence, and went off to nowhere. She was blinded by her anger at the storm that was now long gone, and did not particularly care where she was going, as long as it was away. When she had eventually calmed down, she noticed that her emotional wandering took her to the edge of the Pine Barrens, but did not stop, seeing no sense to turn around only to be annoyed by her situation again.

She brushed her hands against the trees she would pass by, allowing their rough skin to push her further into a peace. She paused at a relatively smooth-barked tree, and without a second thought began to claw at it. It was not another fit of rage, but curiosity about how the scars she would inflict would appear on the surface. She even began to etch her name with an extended index claw, writing it more than once to get the perfect script upon the worn tree. Soon enough, the tree was covered in her name: Harrow D'Angelo.

<style type="text/css">
.mistytree b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffe5c6; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.mistytree .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.mistytree p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mistytree {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#e6c378; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SalFA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515f64; padding:155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#917730; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
The hurricane had caused much damage to dwellings and other property all over Salsolan territory-- and presumably in the lands of other packs too, but Null didn't care about those. The trapper had come out of the disaster better than most, all of her belongings having been kept safe and sound in her satchel, and she had perhaps gained a few good marks against her name by offering aid to packmates during the storm. If she were to look at it in a purely personal light, it had been a good thing; it had allowed her to display some of her skills and willingness to assist. She would never say such a thing, however, not when so many had been hurt or had property damaged or other such things during the event. She wasn't that stupid or insensitive.

And then, a few days after the storm had passed, her dear friend Rurik Volkov had shown up at the border and had been accepted into the pack. Null had been worried about him, part of her panicking at the idea that he might have been hurt in the storm, but no; he was fine, healthy and happy and whole. She had immediately taken to passing on what she had learned of Salsola from Draugr to her giant friend, showing him around the places she knew and teaching him of the customs that she had been instructed on. They hadn't covered much yet in the day he had been Salsolan, but they had time yet.

Today the pair had taken to wandering through the territory, exploring and perhaps looking for something to attend to. They walked vaguely through the Pine Barrens, Null evaluating which useful plants had survived the storm and Rurik simply loping along behind her. It was during this largely aimless rambling that they came across a stranger, a Salsolan neither of them had met-- which, honestly, was a description they could fix to most of their pack. The female was scratching away at the bark of a tree. It looked like words, but Null wasn't at the right angle to read it. The pair approached, curious.

Ah, it read Harrow D'Angelo. The female's name, perhaps? Null cleared her throat to announce their presence without startling the female, in case she hadn't already noticed them. Hello! She greeted, putting on her best 'friendly and approachable' look. How are you today?
[html]

i just love to take forever to reply to threads i am such a loser. and i noticed they are only, like, a week apart from age. 8D

She had scented their approach, since a breeze was carrying that day in whichever direction, but she did not waste her time to look up at whomever it was. It was not one of her blood-family, so it concerned little to her whom it was. It was often that pack members would pass her by, but they were usual doing their Family duties, and Harrow was busy not truly caring about their appearance. It was less about being bitter and more about not wanting to go out and socialize. They were her family in relation terms, so that enough kept her from lashing out her tongue, and that left her with being respectfully quiet.

She continued to chisel her name into the tree, script text nearly perfect, not yet beautiful, though. To achieve perfection by marking her title upon the tree with flawless grace seemed to be her current goal, and she was wrapped up in it. The clearing of a throat advanced her ahead of time that they, whoever they were, were not passing by, so she finished carving her first name, leaving it unfinished as she turned her head towards the pair, keeping a hand against the tree.

It was an unfamiliar woman and man, and nothing about them, scent or looks, were nothing familiar to her. She did recognize the female's overly happiness as something annoying, but she did not allow it to register on her face. "I am fine," she answered vaguely, tapping a claw against the tree. "And you, miss?" Harrow could be diplomatic, if she tried, but it felt odd to call someone that when it seemed the other seemed to be about the same age as her. Oh well, she supposed. Better safe than sorry.

"My name is Harrow... D'Angelo." She pecked a sharp nail against the bark, as if to point out it was obvious enough. "Associate. You?"

<style type="text/css">
.mistytree b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffe5c6; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.mistytree .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.mistytree p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mistytree {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#e6c378; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SalFA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515f64; padding:155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#917730; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
((Are they really? I hadn't realized XD! And take all the tome you want, I don't mind~))

[html]
http://i.imgur.com/qdieh.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

"Oh, I'm alright." Null nodded, looking a touch surprised as though the thought of her courteousies being returned hadn't even occurred to her. She also gave a vague wave of her hand, her answer being possibly as vague as was actually possible. Null had something of a knee-jerk reaction to such questions anyway; if ever someone started a conversation with a polite 'how are you' then she would invariably reply with 'fine, thanks, how are you?' regardless of her own situation. She could've been in a fight with a bear and still give that one response before passing out.

Null offered a smile when Harrow introduced herself. She almost made a snippy comment asking if Harrow was worried she'd forget, hence all the carving, but the tiny wolf refrained. "I'm Null Liulfr and this is Rurik Volkov, both Associates too. I was jus' wondering what you're up to." Null shrugged lightly. Carving ones name repeatedly into a tree seemed a bit of an odd habit. It wasn't the oddest Null had encountered by a long shot, but it seemed a touch... Compulsive. Maybe Harrow was stressed?

Rurik simply nodded his head in greeting and stayed quiet. He would get involved in the conversation when he had anything of note to add. Currently he was content to just stand close to Null-- in fact, if anyone else was in her personal space like that then she would probably punch them-- and listen to the two younger canines talk.

[/html]