i see through you; j
Character Name: Ryan de le Poer
Character Birthdate (including year): Aug 3 2007
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines): Luperci
Your e-mail: stainedglasseyes[at]yahoo.com
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM; meetvirginiax3
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Memberrr.
Idk if I even need this in here? This is open for anyone, even though she does call for Gabriel. Entertain me! Big Grin
[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

So she hadn’t actually come back that night like she had intended, but her talk with Savina made Ryan think that maybe this was the right thing to do. She had been so excited about the idea of possibly living here when she had first met Corona, but her run in with Anselm had changed all of that. She was still petrified of what would happen once he found out, but she was willing to take the chance. Maybe after being a member of Inferni for awhile, and getting to know him through the clan, Ryan would finally be able to reveal the truth behind her crimson eyes.

She had almost forgot the name that Corona had given her, but it came back once she reached the familiar pikes with mounted skulls. Though she knew their intent, she found them more interesting than anything. Maybe had she more wolf blood in her veins they would have frightened her more. Luckily for Ryan, her mother’s full coyote blood had taken a large influence in Ryan’s appearance, save for a few of Anselm’s attributes. She settled her bag on the ground, the length of her plaid dress falling halfway down her thighs. She cupped a hand to her mouth, calling out for the leader. "Gabriel!" She looked around, hoping she might see someone approach. Was she doing this right?

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, just noticed the part where this isn't necessarily for Gabe. D:

Gabriel! One ear twitched lightly at the sound of his cousin's name, and he lifted his head and glanced around. He didn't really see or smell the Aquila anywhere--whoever was calling him seemed to be mistaken thinking that he'd be within earshot. Whoever was calling him also sounded a little familiar. Raising to his feet, Anselm decided to investigate.
Before too long, he came across the girl he'd met swimming in the bay, Ryan. Seeing her again fired off some kind of recognition that went deeper than their sole encounter, but he still couldn't put his paw on it. For now, he was just curious as to what she wanted.
Dipping his head to the yearling, he peered around and shrugged. "Do you need to see my cousin? Is it urgent?" It seemed a little unlikely, but who knew who she had business with by now. If she needed something in particular, even if it were just to pass along a message, he'd see if he could help first before harassing the leader. After all, Faolin and Talitha were finally back, and undoubtedly Gabe was going to spend some time with them.
[/html]
Ahh yay! Thanks for replying.[html]

She waited, observing the brush past the invisible border eagerly in hopes of spotting movement. Though she did see something, it turned out just to be a rogue bird. After a few moments of anxious waiting, she decided to take a seat. She wasn’t aware that it probably wasn’t the best etiquette, but either way she wouldn’t have cared much.

When the sound of footfall finally came, Ryan eagerly jumped to her feet, brushing away the dust and dirt which had collected on her clothing. She expected to see an entirely unfamiliar face, but was surprised about who it was that had decided to appear. She wasn’t staring at the doggish appearance of Inferni’s Aquila, but instead that familiar crimson.

"Anselm," she said, feeling almost shocked that her father had been the one to respond. "Oh no, it’s not urgent," she reassured him before continuing. "I just decided that I wanted to join Inferni and Corona told me I should ask for your cousin if I did choose to come back." She couldn’t help but smirk at herself, half amused by Anselm’s presence.

[/html]
[html]

Dude, you should have kicked me sooner when nobody got to this. XD; -Suffers from seizures when joiners wait too long, anyway.-

Gabriel had his family and Anselm had his job. It always seemed natural that he bother himself with potential joiners while Gabriel tended to other business; Anselm honestly preferred keeping careful track of exactly who was within Inferni's ranks anyway. Some of the folks that showed up here were downright strange, but as far as he could tell the clan would never turn away a sympathiser that was able to contribute to their cause (whatever that was). Either way, Ryan seemed more balanced than some of them and she could obviously take care of herself, having lived alone (or nearly) her entire life.
Giving a relaxed shrug and a small grin, he gestured toward the inside of the territory, inviting her inside. "I don't know what he's up to but I sure as hell don't mind if you stay here," he said, actually rather pleased that the girl had come here--even though there was still something weird about her that made him slightly uncomfortable. At least now she wouldn't be wondering around on her own; that was reassuring in some strange way. "Want me to show you around?" It was unusual of him to volunteer so much time to somebody, but part of him was tempted to believe if they talked long enough he'd magically figure out exactly why she mattered so much at all.
[/html]
Haha I thought about it if no one decided to answer if by the end of the week. Big Grin[html]

She didn’t suspect that he would turn her down, but it still was a relief when he invited her inside. She smiled, biting her lip as she lifted her bag off of the ground and resettled it on her shoulder. That would be something that she would welcome again – having a place to keep all of her belongings so that she wouldn’t have to carry them with her where ever she went. "That would be great," she replied, taking a few steps to cross over that invisible barrier. As she went by, she let her fingertips brush against the pale, ivory bone of one of those skulls.

"So, where to first?" She was eager to explore the various areas of Inferni’s territory and stake out a place for her to settle into. She thought a cave might be easiest, but she was afraid that might remind her too much of her mother. Maybe, like Esper Hollow, they had tents around here. The night she had slept in one it hadn’t been that bad, even though the drone of the rain hitting the vinyl had been sort of hypnotizing.

[/html]
[html]

feel free to powerplay them walking/getting where ever! :o

"Well, that depends on where you want to go," he replied, before continuing. "There are a few points of interest here, but some general geography first. To the west we have the coast line, which isn't really much different than where we met. Our biggest river empties into the sea after it comes up from further south. Otherwise, there are a lot of springs and smaller streams you'll have to find for yourself." He didn't normally bother to share this information with others--he'd figured it out for himself awhile ago, and he suspected they could do the same. Obviously she could, too, but Anselm couldn't quite figure out what else to talk about without feeling awkward. He'd already asked her if she was related to Asphyxia and bringing up the subject again after it'd already been buried would be strange.
"Anyway, there's a forest stretching along the south-eastern border. Finally, near the centre of the territory are the caves where most of us stay." A pause. "And then there's the more interesting places." But which should be first? He didn't want to reveal too much about the places since then she'd be able to discover less herself. "Hmm... pick one: fire, water, or man." It might have seemed random, but it seemed like it should work.
[/html]
I apologize if this is crappy. My brain = fried.[html]

"The more interesting places, hmm?" She asked, a slightly mischievous grin slipping on her lips. His comment about the caves made her wonder where she would decide to end up staying. She wasn’t sure if she could face living in a cave again. At least, not for right now. Maybe she would see where things went, and decide from there. The first step was over; she had joined Inferni. That made her really smile – the realization that she was a member now. It didn’t feel real just yet, but she knew it would set in after awhile.

"Ummmm, fire!" She decided. She was considering between man and fire, but the latter made her curious. What we he show her that had anything to do with that? And maybe after wards, she could convince him to lead her towards whatever man stood for. If he didn’t have other responsibilities to tend to, that was.

[/html]
[html]

Tell me about it. :x -Had hectic weekend and wound up getting an hour and a half of sleep a couple nights ago, and therefore crashed last night.- XD; Also, since I don't remember it being specified where they started at, I'll just assume it was kinda close to the first destination so they can more realistically see both. :x

Although there was relatively little to look at around Occasus Promontorium, he found himself amused by her choice. In many ways, fire could be considered the representative element of Inferni--their clan name was practically Inferno, after all. Most of the inhabitants possessed a fiery spirit inside of battle and a number had a spitfire personality in general. Even if he didn't consider them particularly so, most of the other packs would consider them destructive. They were associated with neither a cool breeze of Air nor the refreshment of Water, and they sure as hell weren't as stable as the Earth. Finally, Gabriel was practically the spokesman of Fire--he had burned all of Bleeding Souls to the ground (although Anselm wasn't even aware of this "icing on the cake" circumstance.)
Regardless, he pointed himself east so that they could begin their short journey to the area. The vegetation and brush thinned as they walked, shrinking in both diversity and outright size. Soon there was only grass and parched weeds with random boulders strewn about. His tongue hung out to the side as he started to pant lightly. "This," he announced, "is Occasus Promontorium." What a mouthful. "There aren't really any springs in these parts, and it's damn near impossible to escape the sun." Maybe fully down-shifted someone could crouch in the grass for some relief, but even then it would only help a bit. "I suppose we might appreciate it more come winter," he added with a short laugh.
[/html]
Fine by me. -exhausted/dead-[html]

Being a traveler by nature, Ryan had a little more stamina then most, but this trek wore away at it rather ravenously. She too was panting once they reached their destination, and the bangs shielding her brow were now tucked away from her face as she tied back her long hair. "It’s gorgeous," she joked, emitting a half laugh that was more exhausted than anything. The ground had increasingly sloped upwards on their journey there, and now she could see why. From their vantage point, Ryan could see a little ways out at Inferni’s grounding stretching below. This was one large hill.

"I would assume it’s not much of a gathering spot during the summer," she commented, noticing just how much sun this area got. There was nothing to blocks those rays, and it was significantly brighter up here than where they had been before. It was almost strange to feel this change in temperature, but she agreed with her father. Come winter and even fall, this would be a nice place to catch some warm rays of sunshine. "What else is there?" She asked, eager to possibly see the ‘man’ or ‘water’ he had given her the choice of selecting.

[/html]
[html]

--

"Hmm, let's head south," he offered. He cast a quick glance around before he began moving again. As they moved, the sun became less intense and the sparse vegetation gave way to towering trees. Their shade offered additional comfort; Anselm liked this part of Inferni since it was easier to find cover in general. More prey was found here than out in the open, too. Then, most interesting of all, perhaps, was the mansion.
He wove his way through the half-open gate which creaked loudly as he bumped against it. The paved pathway continued a little further past a fountain and several gardens before ending in front of the massive building. Brick walkways continued around back to the biggest garden and the shed Firefly had been kept in. Even though the prisoner was gone, he'd left the locks in place--maybe that could be his personal storage room if he ever needed it.
He turned his attention back to Ryan, eyebrows lifted in a Well, whatcha think? kind of way. "There's something a little off about the human that used to live here. D'Neville, and this was his estate. Most buildings in the big cities follow some sort of pattern, but this one is riddled with secret passageways and it's not impossible to get lost." Even their sense of smell that helped them retrace footsteps wasn't so useful if they wound up passing by the same areas more than once going in different directions.
[/html]
Mree.[html]

She eagerly followed after him, finding the shade of this area to be a big relief. With her hair pulled back out of her face, cooling down was simple. She liked the shade and sense of security the vegetation here offered. But what lie ahead, she had yet to discover. Though she followed him in silence, the blood pumped through her veins with a strong beat. This was fueled with adrenaline and she couldn’t wait to cast her crimson gaze on what he had to show her.

When they curled past the gate to come across the massive human building, she couldn’t help but let her jaw drop in fascination. She moved behind Anselm, twirling on her feet to take in the different sights as he led her further towards the mansion. "Woww," she breathed, looking up at its towering expanse. "It’s amazing," she commented, also peering around at the yard that spanned the estate. "Do many coyotes live inside?"

[/html]
[html]

--

(!@#$%)Anselm shook his head in the negative. To date, the only person I know that lived here didn't exactly do it by choice, he said. Firefly had been locked up out back--she probably regarded the whole estate as more of a prison than a "museum of human lives." The caves provide sufficient shelter from the elements and have a better vantage point in general, you can't really see far off this property even from the top floor windows. There were too many trees. This place was also on the fringes of their territory, not dead centre. To him, at least, it made much more sense to live in the "wild" where they belonged. Although the mansion had fared well enough over the years, he still trusted solid rock more. It didn't seem as likely to randomly collapse.

(!@#$%)Besides, I've been in there over half a dozen times and I still don't completely know my way around. There's lots of mystery here--I wouldn't want to spoil it. Familiarity bred contempt, or so they said. If he spent so much time there that he got all of the secret rooms and passageways down, it wouldn't be nearly as exciting. To him, it didn't offer much of a tactical advantage to become familiar with the place anyway... the coyotes could hide in as many random rooms as they pleased, but it really meant nothing if anybody decided to torch the whole building. Then they might just get stuck.
[/html]
Figured we could end this since it was getting outdated, and they'd done a lot. :][html]

"Hmm," she muttered, still looking up at the building that loomed over them. She could sense the mystery radiating out from the structure, and she made a note to herself to do some exploring after she had settled in. Maybe she would discover some of those hidden passageways that Anselm had mentioned.

"Well," she said, breaking her crimson gaze away from the estate. "I suppose I’ll get myself settled in for the night – find somewhere to put my things. Thank you for showing me around, Anselm. I’ve appreciated it." She wouldn’t mind having him give her more of a tour, but she didn’t want to keep him from whatever it was that he needed to do. For all she knew, he could have had a complete list of tasks to complete. Or maybe nothing at all. He had been nice enough to show her this much, and she figured she could let him off and figure the rest out for herself. "See you soon," she said, before heading off through the estate’s garden.
[/html]
[html]

--

(!@#$%)He nodded silently as she bade her farewell. There was still something about her that struck something deep within his subconscious and it was burning a hole in his brain trying to figure it out. It made him uncomfortable--he was supposed to know what was going on all of the time. In this case, he clearly did not. Still, it was difficult to pry further into the matter without seeming weird or awkward... He'd just have to be patient enough to let the mystery solve itself. Either that or time would blunt the sharpness of the familiarity--of course she'd be familiar if she was in Inferni. He'd be able to block it out and ignore it. Practising for that at once, he ran through a mental check list of what else he had to do for the day as he watched her go.
[/html]