[J] Blessed Be These Lands Of Sanctuary
OOC: Woo! Hit my 45 posts with Kenna, now I'm bringing in Couram! Big Grin HI!

IC: The time had come. He'd spent enough time sating his wanderlust, it was now time to find a place to call home and be amongst his kind once more. Pale eyes surveyed the pack lands that stretched before him. Couram's stark silvery-white pelt stood out against the greenery like a beacon in the sun. He had traveled far and long to get where he was this day and what an important day it was. Having traveled overseas from his home in Ireland and explored his way through the new wildernesses, the male had finally decided he was here to stay. After remaining a loner for a few weeks in the new lands while he investigated the claimed territories of the packs he had come across (without breaching borders of course), Couram found himself drawn to one he came to know as Vinatta. It was a semi-newly established group, but of what he had gleaned from other loners he'd encountered, it consisted of accepting, strong, peaceful and hard working members. These traits appealed to the male, as well as their culture and religion. He found himself wanting to know more, to learn about anything they could offer him and be a part of their family.

As the Irishman stood slightly leaning on a carved wooden staff just outside the borders, he lightly stroked the dark mane of his beloved mount, Sinead. The blue roan mare was a docile creature and had been his reliable means of transport and a loyal friend during his travels. They had been through a lot together and Couram was sure that it wasn't just himself who wished for a place to settle. The horse stood patiently at his side, a large rucksack tied to her saddle, content to simply rest while her companion deliberated. "Will be nice to get her into a comfy stable where she can really rest up." Couram thought, admiring his mare's stamina and resolve. Just then a soft mew interrupted the thoughts of the ebony wolf, bringing his attention back to the moment. Draped over one tattooed shoulder a grey rabbit fur cloak acted as a pad for a small black cat with stunning green eyes that perched there - the source of the tiny sound. A small smile broke over the luperci's maw as he scratched lightly behind the cat's ears. "Think this'll do Ciar? I wouldn't mind living here that's for sure." He spoke gently, his heavy Irish accent apparent. 'Almost reminds me of home...' He mused and the cat purred loudly by his ear, giving a small lick against his master's cheek. Couram chuckled and nodded once. "Alright. Let's see if we can get lucky..." He patted the feline's sleek head before returning his attention to the matter at hand.

Looking back out through the trees and deeper into the territory, the male paused just one more moment to inhale the scent of the canines who lived within the borders and to listen to a sparrow singing in the distance. Taking a step forward, toeing the invisible barrier to the claimed landscape, Couram then lifted his maw and howled. His voice erupted loud and clear carrying strongly through the trees and hopefully to the ears of a leader. At the call, Sinead's ears pricked and swiveled and Ciar's purr become quieter but otherwise the animals were unphased. As his voice faded into the distance, the Daenova man sighed and readjusted the belt around his waste which held a variety of herbs and some other small natural items used for healing. He didn't always wear the pouches, but he hoped that in doing so now, he could solidly provide proof of his skills and knowledge as a healer which he would offer as a reason to be accepted into the ranks of Vinatta.

"And now we wait." He whispered, continuing to watch out in front of him, alert for sounds of approaching paw steps. He was a patient man and would wait as long as needed for him to be heard, seen and addressed. After all, he had no other plans and had no family or den to return to. With hope in his heart the Irish wolf could only bless the opportunity he had been given to remedy those things. If accepted into Vinatta, he would be a part of something again and would be among good kin. Maybe he would find love and one day start a family of his own, but if nothing else he would have sanctuary within their ranks. That was all that mattered for now.
[html] Welcome to Vinátta Smile

Patrolling had become second nature to the male once he had grown out of his puphood while he had lived in his birth pack. That habit transferred seamlessly to the Vinátta borders as soon as he had been accepted, and though there was still work to be done in the pack's center after the hurricane Oak always made scouting the borders a main priority.

Russet, cream and black accented form ranged through the forests, taking in details that he may have missed on prior walks and searching for breeches of the border. It was more common then one might think, for the scent of a stray canine to come to his nose as he wandered. There was purpose in his step, but the direction was more lax. He followed the natural indent that was created by him and his packmates, but all it took was a curious scent to draw him away from the path.

But it was not a scent that called him, it was the sound of a voice that echoed through the trees. The wolf turned his tail and ran, instinct overpowering him and his mind could only follow his lupus form as it ran through the wood towards the sound. He was close. A scent came quickly, a male luperci with a horse companion. It was a combination that they were all quite familiar with, as many traveled on horse back.

Blue eyes watched the pair from a distance, the small feline not yet caught by his gaze, and only after a moment of examination Oak approached them. The wolf was a curious looking creature, clothed and marked unlike the red male who wore nothing but the necklace that spoke of his membership. Yet rather then making him judgmental, Oak was intrigued. A naturally friendly beast he gave a greeting as he approached, Hello there, he began you are at the borders of Vinátta. Can I help you?

[/html]
OOC: Big GrinDD

IC: Back in his old home across the sea, Couram had had responsibilities within his pack as well. His main duty was to act as a medic to those who became injured or assist new mothers during the whelping process. Secondary to those tasks, the white male also participated in hunts, served as counsel to anyone in need of guidance and like all males in the pack, helped to keep the territory borders freshly marked and patrolled. His passion was for helping others and being a non-judgmental being it was very easy for him to do that without his inner emotions hindering him. The Irish man was always willing to lend an ear or a paw to assist his fellows; he loved to learn and try new things. It had been difficult leaving his home lands, but once he had a whole new chapter had opened for him in his life and he looked forward to whatever lie ahead in his journey.

Still absently stroking the mare's mane, Couram continued to patiently await a greeting from within. The tall male enjoyed the feeling of the sun's warm rays upon his back. The day was rather cool otherwise. Autumn was in full swing and all around him trees were burst into leafy flames. When he'd first arrived in the new lands, such vibrant colors were almost foreign to him. Back in Ireland everything was a brilliant, lush green and rarely did any flora there change with season. The colorful natural display had really caught Couram's eye and as he waited he found himself admiring the shifting trees once again. His stroking hands began to slowly braid Sinead's mane as he hummed a small tune to himself. He didn't even have to watch where his fingers went as he worked the fibrous strands into an small and intricate, tight french braid. The cat, Ciar eventually hopped off of his companion's shoulder and onto the horse's back behind her withers and started to wash his face with a paw. His soft purring still continued providing a soothing background soundtrack to the otherwise mostly silent area.

It wasn't all too long before upon the shifting winds Couram's nose caught the scent of an approaching male. Ears perking, he turned in the direction of the smell and peered out into the woods, looking for signs of the source. The white wolf shifted his stance a bit, moving his staff to his other paw as a reddish hued wolf trotted up from a spot between the trees. Couram was not unused to seeing kin in their lupus form, however it was not all too common among those he'd met on his travels. "Hello there, you are at the borders of Vinátta. Can I help you?" He was addressed by the wolf. With a respectful nod the Irish male gestured to himself and his animal companions beside him. "Aye. My friends and I seek to join the ranks of your pack if there is room enough for the likes of us?" He replied and Ciar jumped down from Sinead and boldly padded up to the other canine. While still purring he began to rub himself against the wolf's foreleg affectionately.

Couram chuckled softly watching the small black feline. "He likes to make friends fast." He told the other wolf, nodding to the cat. "Don't mind him though. My name is Couram, Couram Daenova. My horse here is Sinead and you've already met Ciar." He smiled. "Are you leader of these lands?" He questioned curiously though by first impression, he had a hunch that the red male was not. That didn't mean that Couram would show him any less respect though. Pale eyes remained kindly focused on the wolf in front of him and although much taller than the other male in his Optime form, the tattooed wolf kept his posture relaxed and unchallenging.
[html]

He wished to join. The answer came with a thick brogue, one that Oak recognized oddly. The newcomer, if accepted, might find himself among familiar Irish company. Oak stood still as the feline meandered towards him. The cat rubbed generously up against his legs, and the affection brought a small smile to his face.

The male spoke their names, and then added another question. One that Oak shook his head at Oh no, my name is Oak. I am a Risna here. I just joined the ranks at the end of the summer. He spoke, lightly. I am sure that our Virding will find a place for you here, Couram. Vinátta was a cordial place, accepting of any that wished to join with honest intent.

But the male was not unused to the task of bringing prospective members to an audience with the alpha. He knew that it would take more then just a smiling face, a kind word and a wish for acceptance that would allow Couram to become a part of Vinátta. What skill do you bring us? The pack will offer hospitality, protection and family. What can you offer in return? Oak added, his tone a bit more serious.

[/html]
OOC: Looong post. O_O Hopefully Couram won't need to get all detailed like this a second time... X3

IC: If he were to be completely honest with himself, Couram did miss his homelands. Nowhere he'd traveled through so far quite matched the beauty and charm of Ireland. But despite this, the white male was still enthusiastically looking forward to starting a new life for himself in the new lands. He didn't know it at the time that Vinatta had other members who hailed from Ireland. If he had, the thought of just hearing the familiar Irish tongue spoken back to him by someone else would send his heart soaring. It had been a long time since the brogue had befallen his ears from another's lips. Having found Ciar on board the ship that had carried him to the new lands, the cat didn't even have the accent; and Sinead didn't speak very well to begin with so there really was no one around to grace the tattooed man with their Irish voice.

Couram's attention briefly shifted back to the small feline as he continued to nuzzle and head-bump against the red hued male's leg affectionately. It was a good sign that Ciar had so quickly taken a liking to the younger wolf. Couram had found that the cat was a good judge of people's character, even though Couram rarely ever payed mind to initial impressions. He preferred to get to know someone more before making any assumptions. However, in this case, his initial hunch proved right. "Oh no, my name is Oak. I am a Risna here. I just joined the ranks at the end of the summer." Couram smiled as Oak gave his name and then gave a slight flick of his tail in acknowledgement. "Well Oak, it is most definitely a pleasure to meet you." The Irishman's ears then perked as the younger male continued, his words sparking hope in his heart. "I am sure that our Virding will find a place for you here, Couram."

Feeling humbled at this statement, Couram lowered his gaze slightly, laying his ears back a little. "I would be honored simply to be considered to join..." His voice became thicker and softer as he spoke. He knew however that it was not simply a matter of asking if he wanted to be accepted. He'd need to prove he was of worth and use to the pack. Sure enough Oak then asked the question Couram had been anticipating. "What skill do you bring us? The pack will offer hospitality, protection and family. What can you offer in return?" In response, Couram dipped his head and slowly pulled the grey fur cloak from off his shoulder draping it gently over Sinead's back. The mare simply continued to stand patient and docile as ever at his side, her bi-colored eyes regarding the red wolf as she gave a soft sigh. Also at this point, Ciar gave a soft mew before trotting back over to sit at Couram's paws. His bright green eyes remained gently fixed on Oak. "My main skills lie in the art of healing." Couram began then, gesturing lightly to the belt of pouches about his waist. He smiled. "I always carry my stock with me in case I need to help someone in need. I have in the past grown and maintained my own garden of herbs as well as harvested wild varieties." The white wolf set his wooden staff down upon the ground before continuing, his voice becoming serious. "When I was young I was taught that as a medicine man I had a duty to all creatures to provide care. I could not turn away anyone sick or injured. It is a code and standard I have followed and will continue to follow and uphold if I am accepted into Vinatta's ranks. I will serve to heal without bias and will do my best to keep everyone, young and old, in good health." He paused thinking a moment before resuming talking.

"I know all about which plants are helpful...and those which could cause harm." He then proceeded to remove a small pouch from his belt that had a black tie around it. "For example, this..." He held up the tiny satchel between his fingers. "...Contains ten berries from a nightshade plant. I know that if someone were to eat just three of these they would be at death's door within minutes. However... He replaced the pouch upon his belt and pulled another larger pouch off. "The leaves contained in this pouch are from a yarrow plant. If administered in the first 5 minutes of ingestion of nightshade, a victim of the poisoning could be brought back from even the very grips of death itself. Yarrow not only neutralizes the effects of Nightshade, but also induces vomiting which would expel the poisonous berries from the system." He explained before retying the pouch. He hoped he wasn't being too descriptive for the other wolf. "Although Nightshade is typically avoided by all, it does have a positive side..." Couram flicked his ear lightly and decided to move on and make his last points quickly. "But I won't bore you with all my medicine talk." He chuckled as he adjusted the pouches at his waist. Looking up again, his voice becoming less grave he picked up his staff again and continued to provide his strengths to the young male.

"Although my biggest strength is as a medic, I am also a bit of a craftsman. I carved my staff and wove this pendant by hand." Using his thumb he lifted the dream catcher necklace around his neck outwards from his chest to be better viewed by the other. The intricate weavings of the fibers in the center of the pendant were beautiful and the delicate, multicolored feathers that hung from the outer wooden ring were carefully attached by miniscule wire loops. The necklace had clearly been created with extra special attention, time and care. It was in fact Couram's most special possession. "If nothing else, I can provide a listening ear, an able body and mind and I can play my flute or sing if requested." He concluded with a good natured grin. The Irishman hoped he hadn't bored the young wolf with his speech, but at least he was certain he'd stated his case thoroughly. "My apologies if I've just talked your ears off Oak...I have a tendency to ramble on a bit. He then gave a playful smirk. "But I'd be glad to help you reattach them." He chuckled again sheepishly, a paw rubbing the back of his neck. Couram then held his tongue to allow his company speak.
[html]

Though the questioning could have been seen as a bit cold, Oak knew that it was necessary. In a perfect world, where all canines lived well with one another, he could wrap an arm around the wintry hued wolf and welcome into the fold of Vinátta. But it was unfortunate and they did not exist in such a place, and so the custom of questioning at the borders was common placed. Oak listened intently, as Couram had not hesitation in answering his question. The red male was glad to know that he had such a desired talent, and the Irish was generous with his history and his person oath.

The Risna was quiet, a trait that he claimed from his mother, while the older wolf spoke. He drew closer when Couram gathered the pouches, lupus paws moving slowly towards him as tore bay eyes watched. Couram spoke in depth about the different petals and stems, an art Oak knew nothing of. He could be lying to the unknowing Vináttan, but Oak did not distrust him at the least.

Oak gave a soft laugh at the Daenova wolf’s last words, I am sure the pack can put your talents to good use. Healers are always needed, and appreciated. He paused. The other male had much more to offer the pack then most others, Oak presumed. He was sure that Saul or Lilin would happily adorn the necklace that they all wore around the traveler’s neck. I will call for the Lilin or Saul, the leaders here. They will have the last say. With that he tipped his nose back and let out a howl, it’s tone and notes speaking to the alphas in particular.

[/html]
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[382]
yaaaay! hope you don't mind the PP Alli, wanted to get this finished up!

He was tired from the day's activities, but he knew it wouldn't be long before something else came to his attention. He'd returned home to check up on Lilin, Colibri and the creche of pups that had taken to tearing around the house. He had to be careful when opening and closing the front door- making sure it was secure so that his inquisitive sons did not escape into the outside world. He knew Lilin and Colibri had been taking them on small walks and the six of them were beginning to familiarise themselves with the clearing outside their household, but rarely did they get past there. He'd entered not long ago when the howl came from the borders and he flashed a grin at the sisters before exiting.

The trip out to the borders was slower than usual- while the hurricane had hit a week or so ago now, there had been sweepings of rain had made parts of Jordheim and the surrounding areas slippery. By the time he got out to the borders, the red back of Oak met him and Saul walked up to him with a smile. Green eyes spotted the white male, adorned with black marks that had to have been put there instead of markings. His eyes flickered to the blue roan mare that accompanied him and the dark cat. Greeting him with a polite smile and his name, he turned to Oak and asked the Risna to relay the information he'd gleaned. He nodded softly with each new and interesting bit of information, pleased at the amount Oak had managed to uncover.

Well, Couram... We'd be pleased to have you, if you're willing to work hard and improve Vinátta. If you'd like to follow me, I'll take you back to Jordheim, our village.

He was more than happy to accept the male, who seemed peaceable and useful. They had many healers, he knew, but none of them had as yet officially chosen this path and it would be good to get those into the ranks they wished. He supposed all he could do was encourage them to dedicate themselves to their interests. If the male was hard working, it wouldn't take him long to become an Eljun if that was the path he wished for.
<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait.

IC: After Couram finished his speech, he was glad to find that Oak seemed unphased by its length. He could only smile as the reddish male acknowledged his skills before calling for the alphas. It wasn't too long before a wolf appeared by Oak's side. Couram could only assume this was one of the 'Virding' leaders Oak had mentioned. His name was Saul Stormbringer. Stooping into a bow once in Saul's presence, the white and tattooed male respectfully listened as Oak recapped everything for the leader. When addressed again, Couram smiled softly at the alpha male's next words. "We'd be pleased to have you, if you're willing to work hard and improve Vinátta." The Irishman merely nodded his enthusiasm. "If you'd like to follow me, I'll take you back to Jordheim, our village."

An uncontrolled grin spread onto Courma's maw as he was accepted. "Oh thank you! I promise you, I will not let you down. I will do everything I can to contribute and be of use." Couram's tail wagged gently behind him and little Ciar batted at it playfully. Gathering his things and Sinead's reins he dipped his head to Saul and Oak. The black cat clambered up into Couram's arms and onto his shoulde and resumed purring as the three started deeper into the pack lands. "Lead the way." The male could barely contain his happiness as he followed after his two new pack mates... Home at last.
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[370]
<33

The male's enthusiasm was contagious and Saul felt his own smile deepen in return. It was always gratifying to help another out and this was no different. His acceptance was met with a gushing thanks from the male, followed by promises. Saul nodded softly, accepting that the male would do his best to not let them down. It was difficult sometimes, especially in these uncertain times, to be sure that a member would stick around. His own brother and adopted daughter had stayed a week or two before going on once more, despite their reassurances that they were here for good. It had been a gutting discovery, but there was little Saul could do about it. Instead, he would continue to go through the motions, accepting those who wished to be here into their ranks.

The male turned to gather his possessions together, including the blue roan mare and the small dark cat. It would be good to have another horse and he hoped the cat would get on with Niernan's Ciaran and Grace's Leo. Couram motioned for him to take the lead, and he did with a bounce in his step. He thanked Oak and invited him to join them back to Jordheim. Their journey was quiet- he allowed Couram to take in the spectacular scenery Vinátta had to offer on their way to the village. He loved his pack and part of that was the land they laid claim to- it was lush and verdant, landscaped almost perfectly, he always thought.

They came to a stop in Jordheim and after asking the male to wait a moment, Saul disappeared into his and Lilin's home. Wrapped the bundle up, he exited holding it in his arms. Presenting the package to Couram was a ritual he'd been through many times. The deer skin that held the whole package together contained an elk pelt, a bottle of wine, a small dagger and the customary Frithr necklace that would mark him Vináttan. Welcome to Vinátta, Couram. You are welcome to claim a house in Jordheim, or the rest of out lands are at your pleasure. He spoke kindly, before allowing the white male to explore his new home and find his niche.
<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

[html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]