Tis thy gift to be free
[html]
ooc: If any of this isn't okay with you guys, that she asked them to meet her, then poke me :]

She knew that they would be coming soon; each day she could feel the pups moving around a little bit more. This both worried and excited Naniko. She couldn't wait to be a mother, to have her own children to take care of (in the past she'd always found herself with other wolves' pups, and none of her own) but she wanted them to grow up in a safe pack.

She wanted to forget everything about Conri, that he'd ever been there. She wanted to move away from the mansion...or at least try to leave it behind. She knew that they would need it in the winter time, to keep the pack sheltered. The pups wouldn't be very old, so they would need to stay inside. But that didn't mean that she had to spend the rest of her time there.

The female sat down upon one of the hilltops that surrounded Twilight Vale, looking down upon the pack territory. Twilight Vale just didn't feel like home any more. She had asked Pilot if he would come to talk to her about Shadowed Sun and Twilight Vale, and had told him to bring a trusted wolf with him. She would do the same.

[/html]
[html]
yar, i reply.

Things with Shadowed Sun had come to an abrupt end. His talk with Tayui had been more than disheartening and Pilot just couldn’t seem to get over that. He hadn’t been entirely shocked upon hearing of Skoll’s death, but it still didn’t seem real. Until he saw Skoll’s body, his death would seem merely as a disappearance. He still held the faint hope that his warrior friend would come back. But in his heart he knew.

He asked Urma if she would like to come along with Pilot to speak with Naniko. He wasn’t entirely sure what she had planned, but he was curious to find out. He told Urma they would be meeting just outside of Twilight Vale’s lands, "It’s south of here in an area called Shiloh Hills." He had traveled there alone, however, giving him the opportunity to think things over. With Shadowed Sun officially disbanded, things seemed so strange.

[/html]
[html]
http://i37.tinypic.com/ipyrdw.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 470px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #F8BEAA;">
      rawr!

That they left here from the time before

The dark hued femme had not been that surprised when her leader had informed her that she wanted to disband the pack and start anew. She didn't blame her, if Savina had been in her place she would probably want to do the same. It was still a bit of a hard pill to swallow though. Twilight Vale had quickly become her home. The only true home the foreigner felt she had anymore. Of course certainly most of the members would stay, and they'd gain more. She knew it was the people, not the places that made home home. Yet still, she had grown quite attached to the area they inhabited. But no matter what she would stand by Naniko's side.

Elegantly the wolf made her way up the hilltop that her friend had said to meet at. Her mind was still full of questions and a few fears. But they would get through this together. That's what a pack does. A smile crossed her lips as the ivory female that was her best friend came into view. Her tail softly wagging at her hind legs. She came up and lovingly nuzzled Naniko's neck. "How are you feeling today?" The Italian girl knew how close the other was to giving birth. It was only a matter of weeks now. Lowering herself in a sitting position next to her friend, her emerald eyes gazed out, searching for the ones they were meeting with.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

I hope I'm not being late about this >.<

Urma's conversation with Pilot had bewildered her, to some extent. Although she'd met Naniko herself and it would do her more than great pleasure to meet her again, the visit was more than unexpected, and she wondered whether Naniko would bring someone else on her behalf. Pilot had left in the direction of Twilight Vale territories earlier, but Urma had thought it was better if she didn't keep him company. All the news that was circling Shadowed Sun about being disbanded and all the secrecy around what would happen to the pack members had made Urma realise that Pilot probably needed some time on his own, and she might do well to have her own one, at that.

Pilot had explained to her where exactly in Twilight Vale territory she was meant to be in and she followed his instructions to the letter as she made her way through the woods. Her pace quickened, she didn't want to be late to this meeting, even if her place within it puzzled her, she hadn't been around her own pack all that long and she felt both flattered and embarrassed to have been picked in favour of another wolf. However she appreciated Pilot's trust, since she considered his invitation to have been made out of just that. As she approached the designated area, she could make out Naniko's silhouette, contrasting nicely against that of a black wolf she didn't know. She closed in the distance between them, expecting Pilot to emerge any moment now, a bit intrigued by how she had managed to get here before him. She looked at Naniko and smiled. "Hello." She then turned her look on the other female and inclined her head slightly to greet her.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: no! Big Grin Thank you for coming!!

Savina came first and she stood up to greet her, lifting her chin for the nuzzle. "I'm feeling better today. I keep getting these bursts of hunger, though, at odd times of the day. Usually I eat toward the evening...but sometimes when I wake up in the morning I'm starving" That was the only really odd thing that she had to report. Naniko had never gotten this far along in a pregnancy, so she wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe this was actually normal! Naniko leaned against Savina a little then pulled back, smiling at her. "But all in all...it's been good today"

She put a more serious face on when Urma arrived. She hadn't been sure who Pilot would bring with him, maybe Tayui, but it seemed that the other leader was not with him. That was all right with her; she got along perfectly well with Urma. Maybe this was even better than what she'd thought; she hadn't even met Tayui before. Naniko's tail moved back and forth a little, showing her good mood. This was a serious meeting, yes, but she was still happy to see Urma and Savina. "Hello there. Did Pilot tell you what this was about?" She didn't see the white male anywhere, but figured that he was on his way there.

[/html]
[html]
yar.

He had stopped on his way, taking a seat on a fallen log just to think things over. Even though he wouldn’t admit it entirely, Skoll’s death had really bothered him. Along with Phoenix and Dierdre, Skoll was one of the people who made him feel connected to his old life in Storm. Now that he too was gone, Pilot’s past seemed to be disintegrating. He was scared of that.

When he did finally make his way to where they had discussed to meet, he saw that he was the last to arrive. Seeing Urma there made him smile, though. He was glad that she had decided to join him. With the four remaining members of Shadowed Sun being split up, he hoped he would be able to hold onto Urma. That’s why he had decided to invite her – in hopes she would want to be a part of this new pack with them.

"Sorry I’m late," he offered with a playful smile. He made his way over to the trio of girls, before taking a seat on the ground, forming a sloppy circle. "I’m glad you all showed up," he added, looking from Savina, to Naniko, and then to Urma (where he added a wink).

[/html]
[html]
http://i37.tinypic.com/ipyrdw.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 470px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #F8BEAA;">
      For once Savvy is on the minority end of the fur color XD
wc 327

The sable girl was overjoyed to hear that her alabaster friend was getting along well. A small chuckle came from her mouth as she talked about her cravings. "Apparently the little ones don't have the same food schedule as you do." With what had happened with Naniko's last litter, almost anything that she experienced that wasn't bad was wonderful news. Savina couldn't wait to see how many pups there would be. To watch them grow and develop their own separate personalities. They would be born into a new pack, one untainted by their monster father. It might be a bit hard on them, not having their dad around. But there would be plenty of wolves around that would love and care for them. After all, the Italian wolf had never really had a father either, and she turned out alright.

It wasn't long until a flawless white form appeared on the hill. The two year old had never met her, but that didn't surprise her much. The only wolf she knew from Shadowed Sun was Pilot, so of course whoever came with him would be a stranger to her. It appeared that she knew Naniko though, so that was a good sign. Sleek head nodded in answer to the ivory female's own head inclination. They would be able to introduce themselves once Pilot arrived.

Before that thought was even barely formed in her brain the ghost hued male joined them. The first time she had met the male it had been in a rather panicked and stressful situation. She would never be able to thank him enough for coming so quickly to help with Naniko after she had been attacked. Without him she didn't even want to think of what could have happened. The femme smiled at him as he took his seat, happy to see him in a more relaxed situation. Then she turned her attention back to Naniko, waiting for her to start this meeting.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Finally, a little bit of time to reply to this. I apologise I'm so slow, I'll have full internet access starting Thursday next week. I know I'm an inconvenience right now, so really really really sorry for making this go so incredibly slow. iSuck badly -.-

Urma nodded to what Naniko said, glad that the female seemed happy to see her. "He said he'd like it if I joined him now. But the rumors one can pick up around Shadowed Sun these days is a pretty big hint. Either way, I think it's better that he didn't tell me exactly what this was about. I doubt I wouldn't have been reluctant in coming if he had. It seems so wrong, to think that Shadowed Sun will just be...gone." She sounded apologetic in this, trying her best to make Naniko and her companion understand that it was just the notion of losing her home that scared her, but that she would do her best to co-operate with anything they had in mind. As long as she could still belong to a place that maybe contained Pilot was more than she could really ask for.

When Pilot arrived, she felt an odd sense of security wash over her, like the conversation they'd be having suddenly didn't concern her future as long as she'd be able to keep Pilot close. This feeling held no novelty, as she had felt it on numerous occasions in his company, and then before him. When he smiled at seeing her, she wagged her tail in response, holding herself back from walking over and nudging him with her head playfully. She returned the smile as he winked, her eyes shining with a happy sort of feeling, and she went and sat closer to him, without really having a reason except the fact that his proximity soothed her. She then glanced at the black female. "My name is Urma," she said, as in introduction. "It's not like we know each other, so I guess it's better if we get acquainted from the start," she continued, smiling a bit so she wouldn't seem less welcoming than she really was.

[/html]
[html]
      James sent me a message and he is still without internet in his dorm. He should be back in a few days though. He told me I could PP/say what Nani would say to help keep the threads moving. If anything needs to be changed just let me know (since I'm kind of winging it). Also if you two could reply to the third thread sometime soon that would be great! Big Grin
wc 463

As the alabaster female she was not acquainted with spoke of the pain of losing her pack, Savina's heart went out to her. She herself was feeling that same pain now, even though she was trying to stay optimistic about it. It didn't help matters that Twilight Vale had been the only other home she'd ever known aside from her birth pack. Twilight Vale had even felt more like a home to her than her birth pack ever had, at least as whole. Back in Italy she had had all of her blood family, and she was close to a couple other members, but that was really it. Serge had been higher up in the pack than her mother had, and she had always felt like an outcast. Sure, they all put on their nice faces around her, but she knew they had never truly accepted her or her siblings. In Twilight Vale she had felt important. Like she was actually a valued member of their family. Losing that was hard, but hopefully it would all work out for the better in the long run.

The ebon femme shot another smile at Urma as she introduced herself. "It is very nice to meet you Urma. I'm Savina Marino." Her sleek head turned back to Naniko and her friend gave her a slight nod. The wolfess was a bit surprised that Nani wanted her to start this all off. She had figured that she would be here for more morale support than anything else, but if her friend wanted her to play a larger role than she was willing to oblige. Swallowing the lump in her throat she looked back at the pair from Shadowed Sun. "Well, I guess we'll get to the heart of the matter then. Twilight Vale has been disbanded. Even though we had plenty of members, recent events have made us want a fresh start." She said no specifics about the incident with Conri. Pilot knew what had happened, and there was no need to bring it up anymore than that. "We heard the news that sadly, Shadowed Sun had done the same. Pilot, you have been a wonderful friend to us, especially Naniko. And Urma, if you and Pilot are friends I have no doubt that you are made of the same caliber. We want to invite you to join us and help us bring about this new pack, if you would so desire."

The sable girl's heart was pounding in her chest. She hoped that she had done alright. She had tried to sound more "professional" than usual, she felt the occasion called for it. Hopefully Pilot and Urma had not been put off by anything she said. She thought she had done a fairly good job though.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
I apologize for taking some time on this. School has made things kind of hectic around here.

He nodded, completely understanding the need for a new beginning for the Twilight Vale wolves. Coincidentally, it was exactly what this Shadowed Sun leader needed as well. A new pack would hopefully revive some of the vivacity he had felt while belonging to a group. These past few days of remaining in the abandoned pack lands had made him feel almost worthless in a way. As if there wasn’t a whole lot that he had to live for.

"Of course, this sounds wonderful. A new beginning is what we all need. I know that most of the packs, such as Shadowed Sun, sprouted from the fire in need of some comfort. Tayui and I got some wolves together so that we might find some familiarity in the chaos that had taken place. Now that that has died down, our pack has lost its connection. A new pack, formed out of a time like this, should have what it takes to survive. With all of Twilight Vale’s old members joining, I’m sure we’ll be able to get this off of the ground." He paused for a moment, realizing he had just said a mouthful. He glanced to each of the three females with a reassuring smile. "Have you thought of any ideas for this new pack?"

[/html]
[html]
:o

She did have a lot of new ideas about the pack, but she wasn't sure how to get them all organized in her head. Naniko thought about the question for a little while before answering. She wanted Savina by her side to help with leading the pack; nearly if not all of the pack members already knew her and liked her. Naniko trusted that, if she asked her, Savina would help out wherever she could, doing whatever job needed doing.

She looked back up at the others, nodding to herself. "I had a name...that I really liked. I don't remember where I heard it--maybe when I was learning how to read--but I just thought that the words sound good together. How about Crimson Dreams?"

[/html]
[html]
      tralala short post

As Pilot responded her inky tail beat happily against the ground. Having the male in their pack would be wonderful. He had been an unbelievable help when Naniko had been brutalized. Savina had been so frantic, his calm directions had been what she had needed to be able to get through helping her friend. Without him the both of them could have been lost. She was also proud of herself that she had done a good job delivering the message they had all gathered to discuss.

As the silver-eyed male asked about ideas her head turned to Nani. They hadn't discussed a whole lot of specifics yet, simply that she wanted to do this. Crimson Dreams. The name had a wonderful flow and feeling to it. The dark femme didn't need to hear any other suggestions. This one sounded perfect. "Crimson Dreams. I really like the sound of it. What do you two think?" Her attention turned back to the former Shadowed Sun members.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Urma listened to everyone, trying to digest all the new information, as well as participate and put forth her ideas. Although she had tried not to think about an actual disbandment, it was happening before her eyes, so she knew very well that she had to join in. She already found it a great responsibility to be part of a small assembly such as this, and that her opinion was asked as well in the formation of this new pack. It wasn't as if she minded it, really. Only the experience was new to her, something her mother or her sister would be good at, but something she had never felt she could do herself. Not that, with joining Shadowed Sun the thought that she'd ever be part of the basis of a new pack had occurred to her.

"Crimson Dreams sounds really good," she said in approval to Naniko's suggestion. "I don't know exactly what I should say... First I'd need to thank you all for bringing me here in the first place. Second, although moving on from Shadowed Sun is a hard transition to me, and I imagine to Pilot as well," she dared a glance in his direction, "not to mention for the both of you to simply glide away from your own pack," here she paused a bit to look from Savina to Naniko, "I will do my best to make this new pack just as much a home for us as it will be for anyone else who joins it." She stopped here, not really knowing whether it was her place to continue. She wondered if the others had any ideas for this pack. Although she wanted to keep part of the learning spirit that Shadowed Sun had created, she was more than willing to try new things, under the sole condition that anything done would be a common effort of all the pack members. "I don't require much of a pack, myself. The only thing that makes a difference to me between packs is whether it feels like a big family or not. I like things simple, I like the idea of having someone to rely on, knowing they can rely, in turn, on you. I'd like to see that any feelings we have for this pack find reciprocity in our fellow pack members. I'd like them to see this place as much as a home, as a tight-knit group as I will surely find it." She smiled now, a sheepish smile.

[/html]
[html]
--

Pilot listened to Naniko’s suggestion and nodded his head. Truthfully, he would have been fine with any name or any principle upon which this pack would be founded. So long as it didn’t infringe on violence or something wicked. But he knew that wouldn’t be the case. He was with his friends and he was well aware that this pack would quickly evolve into the feeling of home and family.

He listened to what Urma had to say, offering her a smile when she glanced in his direction. He completely understood what she was saying. "Crimson Dreams sounds lovely to me. And I have no doubts that Crimson Dreams won’t turn out to be a family, like you’ve mentioned Urma. What sort of rank system will we implement?" Tayui had been the one to come up with their system of Spartan names. Pilot had been all for it, loving the history and reason behind each name that was chosen and for what ranks. Personally, he wasn’t creative enough to dream up something like that. If it had been Pilot alone starting a pack, he would have resorted to what he knew – Shadowed Sun’s or Storm’s ranks.

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin end after next round?

They wouldn't be staying in the exact same territory as before, so it was a bit of a change even for the wolves who had come from Twilight Vale. It would be nice to have some new places to explore, new lands that they could run around in and get to know. And at the same time, they would still have a touch of home, with the mansion and the lake."This will be great." She affirmed. "I'm so glad to have all three of you with me--I think that we'll be fine, with the four of us. And all the others, too. Do you think you'll come back with us tonight, or head off until later?"

Naniko thought for a moment. She had considered some rank ideas, but she didn't know what they would think of them. She hadn't even spoken about that with Savina yet. "I was thinking...something to do with the humans. We live enough like them nowadays, using their houses. They had things sort of like packs that I read about, groups of people who fought to keep all of the others safe. Maybe something based off of that idea"

[/html]
[html]
      Sounds good to me!

The dark fey's head nodded at Urma's words. She could not have agreed more with the alabaster wolfess. She wanted this new pack to have the same feel of family that Twilight Vale had held. As far as she was concerned, the pack was a family. Whether or not related by blood. It made her happy that the Shadowed Sun wolves held such a feeling in high value as well. "I agree completely Urma. I think that's what all of us want to stride for in a pack." Savina knew it was true of Naniko, and surely Pilot as well.

The idea Naniko proposed for ranks were interesting. It was true that their way of life had its similarity to humans. She wasn't aware that within the human cultures there were groups organized like wolf packs. She wasn't for the idea of fighting, but fighting to protect one another was a different matter. That she agreed with. That's what she had done when she had attacked Conri. At least, that's what she told herself. The male was mad, even if he may not have been at that particular moment, he was a danger to Naniko and the rest of the pack. "That sounds interesting to me. You'll have to tell me more about these human packs later." The more and more they talked about this new pack, Crimson Dreams, the more the girl was becoming excited about it.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Done.

This was really beginning to sound promising. Now that the four of them had this basic idea, they would just have to get together with some of Twilight Vale’s old members and stake out their new location. He had a feeling that keeping it around TV’s old territory would be best, but they would see what the members had to say. After that, they could inform their new members on their human based ranks and implement their policies. It would be almost a repeat of Shadowed Sun, yet this was something completely different.

"That sounds like it could make for interesting ranks. I like that idea. We’ll have to sit and decide which positions will become ranks once we get our member base established. I know Twilight Vale’s members will be following us. At least, most of them right?" He smiled, glad to feel as if he was going to find himself a home once more. "We should go inform the others about our idea." With that, Pilot rose to his feet. He was ready to team up with these three and spread the news about Crimson Dreams.

[/html]