come together.
[html]

out of character

Private-ish. Khaden and Ember are joining together. Wouldn't mind Ku with Laurel if possible, because both Ember and Khaden know of him, but either or would work.

in character

He hadn't let go of Ember's hand, as if she was the true link of reality that he had when everything else seemed to go to shit. His life was turned around, inverted, chewed up and spat out, but for some odd reason, Khaden didn't mind it all too entirely much. Perhaps he had found the essence that many men fight and died for, and she was standing there beside him. They had discussed it throughly, including options of being lone wolves, but they knew despite their experiences of love and knowing that they truly desired this - a pack would be the best option and especially because the both of them knew of Laurel.

Taking a deep breath of air, Khaden looked to his new mate for assurance, nodding at her for her own approval of the situation before he lifted his head up and howled his introduction. His voice rang out, clear and evident of what he wished to do. Esper Hollow would be their new refuge, their new home, if they would accept them. Squeezing onto Ember's paw, he suddenly knew, it was all going to be okay.
[/html]
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc: WOO.

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

It hadn't been that long of a walk to get to Esper Hollow, and the time had seemed to fly by. She couldn't remember a time when she had felt like this...calm, and serene. Usually she showed the world a calm face, but on the inside things would be raging. This was a real change, a balance between how she really felt inside and what she showed on the outside. They actually matched up for once.

They stopped when they reached the borderline and she looked at him curiously. Should she call, or him? He answered the question before she could ask it, lifting his head and calling for a pack member to greet them. When he squeezed her hand she laughed, a true, genuine laugh, squeezing his hand back.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
YHALOTHAR. *nibbles on you guys*
[html]

_____He had been about five seconds short of throwing a troublesome bottle of wine against a tree when a call raised up towards the sky and rushed through the thick wood of the forest. It was so sudden and unexpected that it jolted him enough to forget what he was doing momentarily; his tall ears perked sharply to listen while his hands froze with one on the bottleneck and the other still gripping the cork tightly. When it had started to die down, his desire to tear into the one dud bottle of liquor (Who in the hell put a wine bottle in with whiskey, anyway?) he had brought back days ago went with it.

_____So he set it down beside where he was sitting and rose to his feet, dusting himself off and for once actually meandering out towards the borders at his own pace. Though it wasn't as slow as he would usually take it—no sense in making anyone think no one was at home—and before too long he was able to pick up the pair of dark figures through the forestry haze and foliage. What he didn't expect was that it was Khaden and Ember. “This is a surprise,” he called out to them as he closed the distance between them, letting a smile play easy on his features. “I didn't know you two knew each other. But what brings you out to this neck of the woods?”
[/html]
[html]

in character

It didn't take long at all for a familiar face to meander towards the both of them, and suddenly Khaden felt as giddy as a schoolgirl. His tail wagged, slowly at first, but then faster the closer and closer Laurel got to them before he nodded at his words. Giving a glance to his new mate before turning back to the coyote, grinning all the same, the first time he had truly felt happy in the whole duration of his life.

He shrugged his shoulders though, and responded easily. "Well, y'see. Twilight Vale and Shadowed Sun disbanded. So in essence, we're homeless." With his free hand, he scratched behind his ear, surrendering the speech now. He didn't quite know if Laurel had known this little fact, and he was sure as hell that he could figure out if the two packs disbanded, why the both of them were here. Khaden was ultimately a pack wolf, living to serve the rest of the society.
[/html]
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

She was horrible at hunting, really...so she needed a pack. Not that she would use them, or anything...but maybe she could get some more wolves together and they could go after something big, something that might last a couple of days instead of a couple of hours. Rabbits could only get a growing wolf by for so long. Ember did believe that she and Khaden could take down something, but she wasn't really one for a loner's life. She liked having the others around, having friends and people to talk to.

This pack didn't house any of her family members, either...at least, she didn't think it did. Really, she ought to have just stayed when Laurel had helped her the first time. Or asked to stay. "I didn't know you knew Khaden, Laurel" She was more than happy to see him again. She'd met Laurel a couple of times, and got along with him pretty well. Her tail swept from side to side as the conversation flowed. "You got a couple of bare patches of ground we could hole up in?"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

_____He was pretty sure he had heard of Shadowed Sun one way or another, albeit it didn't really ring too distant of a bell. Twilight Vale on the other hand, he knew about. He knew a few faces from there because they were the neighbour from the south… but he had thought they were better off than that. Laurel didn't linger long to that notion, only nodding plainly as Khaden spoke. It was Ember's comments however, that provoked a better reaction out of him. “It's a small world,” he chuckled, knowing the real truth in that. Damn near everyone was related to one another, he was learning. “But we've always got room here. I don't know about spare tents or anything but there might be a couple of things laying around you guys can have.”

_____But of course, if they were looking to stay permanent, which he surmised with himself, there were other things at hand. “And if you're looking to stick around for a while, even better. We could always use a few more hands to do things. Either one of you two have a handy skill?” And even if they didn't, that was fine too. Even menial tasks were good enough, especially when they thrived very much on the whole help one another to help oneself kind of thing. Talk about the sick shack and its inhabitants would come a bit later; he had already mentioned the sick to Ember previously but it was always needing a reiteration.
[/html]
[html]

out of character

OM NOM NOM. KHADEN <3 STRAWBERRY.

in character

Ember's statement, and Laurel's after gave Khaden a chuckle. Indeed, it was hard to go far in Souls without realizing that everyone here was out of connection - and while a few people seemed to push past the barriers of these weirdly entangled terrains, they were soon swept up in becoming ensnared into it - a guy that knew a gal that knew a guy. Oh well, at least what Laurel said was enlightening enough, and hell, without those connections, he's sure that Khaden and Ember wouldn't have picked Esper Hollow to reside to.

He knew Ember ultimately wanted to stay in a pack, and because of her pack-hopping recently from Dahlia de Mai, to Twilight Vale, to Shadowed Sun, to now seeking refuge within this interesting encampment, both of them were eagerly seeking full time residence in this laid back society as long as they would take them. Khaden shrugged easily at Laurel's inquiry, speaking forth his own skills. "My co-rank in Twilight Vale was a Hunter - I'm pretty good at it either or. Keeping with all the game and stuff." He laughed, the modest part of him trying to cover talent that he had. "But, I always love to learn other stuff - like medicine. I learned a lot from Naniko."

Khaden turned to Ember though, wondering what she would say. He knew by the fact that she continued to imply it that she felt as if she had no real skill, but he knew in his heart that it wasn't true. She just hadn't realized it yet, and Esper Hollow seemed the perfect place to do so.
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

"I'm not sure what I'm good at. I can tell you...what I'm bad at, but that wouldn't be very useful." She shrugged. She wasn't good at fighting, as proven by her broken arm...she was horrible at scouting, Not too good at hunting, and was a bad public speaker. Usually she could barely find the right things to say to Khaden; the thought of getting up and talking in front of complete strangers seemed horrific.

"Wolves have come to me for help before, though, with problems. I guess I like helping wolves with their problems." It was easier to forget about her own problems when she was submerged in someone elses'. "Do you have some kind of a ...counsellor rank?"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

_____Despite all of the bad fortune that had been shifted to his side of the scale, Laurel thought that they were getting things in fair trade. Strike down a portion of the troupe with a mystery illness that made them speak in tongues and scream, get a bunch of folks who knew what the hell they were doing to fix it. End up with a group that was mostly full of folks who'd sooner eat all of the apples out of the nearby trees and drink, get a hunter. “Well, we really don't have ranks around here,” he answered; he wouldn't have been so quick to call them a pack either but at any point they were composed more of people who didn't travel than not. “Everyone around here takes care of each other and whatever skill we're best at is what I guess you could call the rank. We're all pretty much equals here too, for that matter. But we do need someone who's good at hunting,” at which point he grinned to Khaden, “and if you wanted to be some sort of counsellor or advisor thing, I don't have a problem with it. It sounds like a good skill to have to me.”
[/html]
[html]

in character

Pride emanated from Khaden as he heard of Ember finally being able to reach something that she thought was skillful, and hell, Khaden as well. Ember was damn good at being Ember, and he wouldn't have it any other way. But it was her question that slightly echoed in Khaden's mind as well. Ranks were so different from pack to pack, it was difficult to really figure out what was going on, and then to top rank shuffles on top of that - oy, it was definitely interesting.

Laurel's solution seemed simple enough, if unorthodox, and the more the leader of this weird mismatch of people explained it, the more Khaden seemed to be content with just setting up camp here for the rest of his life. He smiled approvingly both at Laurel, and at Ember, before giving a look about and laughing. "So..." He said, pushing his way to the next point... "What's next?"
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

She'd never heard of a pack that didn't have defined ranks, but she didn't really mind. It would be a new experience, one that she would learn to love over time. Maybe it would be even better than the packs she'd been in before. None of them had lasted...so something different.

"Is there some scary initation?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

_____“Nah, nothing like that. But if you'll follow me, we can head back to the camp site and I can point things out to you.” And with that, he turned his back to the pair and headed back towards the depths of the forest, letting both the haze and fog envelope them along the way. “I will let you guys in on a warning though. I know I told Ember about the folks who are sick the last time I we met, but we're keeping them in a shack here that our carpenter built. His name is Laurent, big tall guy. But anyway, it's the only one that we've got around right now and that's where those folks are. We've got one in a shed, but that's only because he's a bit more hostile than the rest of them.” A bit more hostile was putting it lightly, because Laurel thought he had gone absolutely crazy the night he had thrown him in there. “I don't know what they've got and frankly I've kind of stayed out the way, but a couple of others and a girl from Inferni have been coming and taking care of them.”
[/html]
[html]

in character

The lighter atmosphere turned solemn the farther Khaden followed Laurel through his new "home". Cocking his head towards his new leader, Khaden nodded, displaying understanding and wondering what this new disease was that seemed to have slithered its way through Esper Hollow. He wondered if he could treat it with any of the medicines he knew about, and mentally tallied the people Laurel mentioned about to see if he could help if anything. He couldn't imagine what it was like to be sick and alone, with no one else to truly talk to, and he immediately went back to Cercelee and Ember back in the mansion of Twilight Vale.

But despite all of that, with one quick glance around he knew he could get very comfortable around here. Everything felt light and airy, but mysterious, enigmatic all at once. He glanced towards Ember to see how she felt about the pack, and how she thought they might adapt to these new situations.
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

She hung close to Khaden's side as they walked, occasionally bumping against him. She wasn't doing on purpose, not conciously, anyway...but there was a part of her, deep down, that wanted to assure the rest of her that he was here, too, with her. There were days where she had confidence, and she'd count this day as one of them. She'd spoken to someone about joining their pack, had named what she was good at. It was a step forward.

Ember couldn't wait for the day when she would be able to get her cast off. It was a bothersome thing, always itchy, and she wanted to be able to move her arm around some. Hunting was still very awkward, even more awkward than it had been before she'd broken the limb. "We'll stay out of everyone's way" She promised. She didn't want to get sick, that was for sure. She already had enough problems.

Ember was a little concerned about what would come after they were accepted; whenever Laurel did leave them she and Khaden would be alone again...something that she was still a little unused to. At least, in this sense. Before they'd just been two friends hanging out, talking...but now everything had changed. For the better...yes, she'd agree that it was definitely for the better. But that realization didn't make her any less nervous about it.

"We can always dig a den, too. Or find a nice bush. Are there any caves in Esper Hollow?"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

_____As the camp site rolled up into view through the trees, Laurel's olive-tinted eyes scanned it over passively for a moment before shaking his head. “No caves that I know of, but I think there may be an old den somewhere in that direction,” in which he gestured, “that belonged to someone who was with us for a while. He moved on, I assume, since I haven't seen him since we came to settle here.” Free for the taking and if he came back, well, they'd just deal with that then. But Laurel didn't think that they would see him again any time soon because he had been so outrageously out of place amongst them to begin with. An eavesdropper turned companion. “Anyway, that's the shack n’ shed I was talking about. As you can see, the rest of us are pretty much scattered around in tents.” Being travellers and all, tents were easier to disassemble and pack up and go. Buildings were much more permanent in his eyes.
[/html]
[html]

in character

It was one of those things that one was conscious about, but didn't want to admit it. Khaden was fully aware of his hand in Ember's, the way that Ember continually seemed to slide in his space, and internally he couldn't help but feel completely at ease. But it was like if he thought about it too in depth, or acknowledged it, it may go away in an instant. Like some sort of great dream that just vanished at the best part - but as Khaden continued to walk through the lands of Esper Hollow, his new home, the best part of his life it seemed, the scene didn't seem to dissipate.

Ember's words, her talk of a den made Khaden snap a bit back to reality. They truly did need somewhere to sleep, and Khaden was used to digging out little trenches that he could sleep by himself, but with his mate, he wouldn't mind something a bit more stable. Tents seemed so temporary to Khaden, and he frowned a bit as he continued to see the quick shelters. The Aatte boy wanted something permanent, and he nodded at the new buildings, wondering briefly if he could attempt to make a bargain with this Laurent person - he would love to learn how to make those things.

Turning to Laurel, he furrowed his brow and asked a little bit more about the pack than just the newly-wed couple. "How many others are there that frequent through here? Is there anything rather than the sickness we should know about our... uh... neighbors?"
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

She wasn't nervous about living here, just curious about what the territory had to offer. She already knew what she had to offer to them...and it wasn't much. So she didn't expect too much in return. Each pack was different, too--it would be a new experience to be here. Ember was very glad to have Khaden there with her; he seemed much better at this than she was. He was asking questions that she hadn't even thought about, questions that were very important.

She looked to Laurel for the answer, then back around at the surroundings. What a peculliar place.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
Sorry about the wait, blah. Totally the first day I've been at home in a few days. x_x
[html]

_____Though he couldn't remember if anyone else had ever asked about the other inhabitants of the camp site, Laurel played off his fumbling attempt to try and count how many of them had filtered though. With the way that they all went about their days loosely and wandered about, sometimes it hard to say whether or not they were still around or moved on. If some of them had moved on, they certainly lacked manners as far as goodbyes went. After a pause and a ‘hmm’ sound, he came up with his own figure. “There's probably six or seven others not counting myself and you two. I can't say much about all of them but they're good people through and through. They fit here pretty well, so all I can say is that it probably couldn't hurt to get to know them.” No doubt with all of their collective and sordid histories, the fact that so far they had all meshed together without conflict was good enough for him. But he had been preoccupied too long to branch far; just in the same sense that they hadn't planted their roots all that long ago. “Some of us are travellers, others are a bit more permanent too,” he went on to add, just because it would need saying. “So some of them will probably move on because that's just the lifestyle that they live.”
[/html]
[html]

out of character

Psh, you're fine. I think it's high time that we wrap this up though. Big Grin

in character

Khaden nodded at Laurel's words, soaking up all the information he could, but at the same time eager to move on. Khaden had felt like he was in limbo so long after Ember left the mansion of what was formerly Twilight Vale's, he wanted nothing more than to settle and at last be at a true home. Not to say that Twilight Vale didn't serve as a swell home, it was just, this to him, despite the flighty appearance and band of personalities that came and went as they pleased, was something that he could forge as his new life, a better life with Ember.

Taking a glance at her, watching her and her reactions he simply turned to Laurel and suddenly broke into a genuine smile. This was Khaden and Ember's new home, and he was sure as hell that they were going to love it here. "Well, I can't quite think of anything else to quiz you on." He chirruped, tail waving back and forth happily. "But I just want to say thank you so much for everything Laurel. And I can't quite say with full promise, but I know that Ember and I will stay as long as you'll have us." He smiled at Ember then, giving her hand a bit of a squeeze from his.
[/html]