gone to the dogs and the dimes
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____The rain was a steady constant by now, heavier than it had been before. She had moved on past her father and was now picking over Jasper once again. She had heard him cry out for Matinee before but it seemed like when she had been around him lately, he had gone quiet. Maybe it was what she had been giving them, but maybe it was what Endymion had given them, but it had quieted them all down. It gave them the comfort that she hadn't been able to obtain. Brushing his hair out of the way, she wondered if Jasper would know exactly who she was. Before he hadn't really reacted to her voice at all as much as Laruku had and it worried her. It worried her knowing that he was the sickest of them all. With a chair pulled up alongside of where the younger man of the pair was lying, she let her hand trace the side of his face before roaming along his neck and shoulder in a comforting manner. Her expression was bleak but stoic and she held his hand for a few moments before speaking.

_____“Can you hear me, Jasper?”

[/html]
[html]
All Jasper could see when he attempted to open his eyes was swirling fuzz, and he didn't try to open them all that often. The sight made him nauseous, the way that everything spun and moved, and the way that the others hovering just above him looked like little more than faceless ghosts. It was frightening and sickening all at once, the haunting whispering sound that he seemed to hear so often. Jasper wanted so badly to cry and cry and let them all know just how scared he was but the tears wouldn't come no matter how hard he tried. It was like he was trapped inside himself. The voice that spoke to him was quite and then loud and quite and then loud, just enough for him to barely make out a few words. Hear Jasper. He couldn't though, no matter how hard he tried. "Momma?" He managed to say the word, despite not knowing who was there, whether he might be talking to himself or some kind of ghost.

[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____His voice was so very different than what she was used to hearing. It didn't have the wonder or the tinged edges of sadness that she recalled; it was weak and wary, lost in a sea of haze and static that she could neither see nor hear. And it rightfully pierced her heart in a way she deserved—he thought she was his mother and his mother was the last thing Corona wanted to think about—but also stirred desire in her as well. She wished she could have called out for her own mother and have her be right there, but she couldn't be there. Her mother was dead and gone in every regard that she knew of and for all she knew (and not cared), so was his. “No… no,” she returned, “it's your sister. It's Corona.”

[/html]
[html]
The words that came to his ears sounded so far away yet when he managed to open his eyes, even just a little, he could see the fuzzy form of someone there. "I didn't mean to make you leave Momma." He croaked out finally, arm shifting across his stomach, attempting to reach out to her, but only able to inch it forward a bit before it fell limp once more. "I didn't mean it.." His voice was quite, verging on hoarse, and seemed to be pleading with the figure in front of him, the one that he had convinced himself was his mother. All he had ever wanted was to see her, if only for a short time. He wanted to ask her why she left, perhaps in some hopes that it wasn't because of him, and apologize for making her leave. He wanted to touch and hug her and wanted her to rock him and sing. Now though, he was content with simply thinking she was there.

[/html]
[html]

_____So maybe it didn't matter what she said or who she said she was, he thought that she was his oh-so-glorious mother. Corona could probably understand why he had been crying for his mother all of that time; both she and Rachias her female and had done talking to him before. Corona was, however, the older of the two and she silently wondered if the way she moved or spoke made him think that she was his mother. What he did say surprised her though, because she had been absent on the details of what had transpired between Ahren and Matinee. She had never asked her father what had happened, but only assumed that Matinee had left him.

_____So now she was intrigued and soon grappling with a desire to find out more from him. But it wasn't right to ask him those things when he was in such a state, was it? It wasn't right to make him think that he was speaking to his mother, she thought, but if she left, then he would cry. The last thing Corona wanted to do was make him cry, at least cry in the manner that he would if she left. “She knows that,” she offered instead, “and you should rest.” None of it was right and already she was looking for an exit. She didn't want to hear any of it, she didn't want to feel the way she did about all of it.

[/html]
[html]
"I didn't mean to start the fire." He mumbled quietly, a soft whine accompanying the words. He had been foolish back then. Foolish and curious. His body trembled as he lay there, despite the heat that radiated from him. The fever was slowly slipping away though, he was able to move, even if only the slightest bit. Soon he would know who they were, the people that kept opening the door, speaking to him, but as of now he was stuck in the odd haze of hallucinations. She had come once before, in the middle of the night when no one else was around, his mother had. At least, in his mind she had.

He shifted again, rolling slightly to one side, opening his eyes for a brief moment, just long enough to let the light fill them before they snapped shut again. It was always to bright to open them, even when he closed his eyes he could still partially see the light. "I don't want him to hurt me anymore." Another whine came then, desperate and sad, and yet he still couldn't cry, no matter how much he might have wanted to.

[/html]
[html]
This was news to her ears, what fire had there been? She thought of the remains on the other side of the mountain and shrugged them off; there was just no way he could have started that fire. He must have spoke of some time in the past, something that must have involved Matinee and her father. Whatever that was though, she had to let slide in favour of what he was saying next—someone was hurting him? Concern ceased her expression greatly, her mind panning through things left and right, wondering just what on earth, no, who on earth would hurt him. “Who's hurting you, Jasper?” she asked firmly, wondering if it was just some sort of dream he was in. Maybe what he was saying had no meaning at all, but she couldn't take that chance. She wouldn't stand for someone hurting him, not now.
[/html]