For a moment, life could be simple
[html]

Jazper, by Rabbit Lake

The sun hung low on the placid waters. It’s full circle shape teasing the lakes edge, tempting to touch it at any moment. The day had been long, and Anu was eager to see its end. Her muscle had grown tired from their use and lack of rest. The pack had come together, the news had been spread, and Anu was eager to explore her new home, or ore urgently, find a quiet place to reflect.

With all the changes that had taken place she had surprised herself. In the past she would have turned from such transition, but in these times she embraced them. The new territory, puppies on the way, and a whole new group of wolves to get to know only made her excited, not anxious as she thought it all would. Maybe she was changing right along with everything else.

Blue eyes watched the waters edge, waiting for it to embrace the sun and slowly swallow the burning orb. She sat on the clear shore, back to the world but just for a moment. Face against the warm glow, she needed just a second or two for reflection. After that she would return to her new life, happy to embrace it.

[/html]
Walking around the old territories had become a past time of Jazper's since the start of rumors of the new pack. Since then he had attended two meetings, met the wolves soon the be his brothers and sisters. He really wished Naniko had just stayed with Twilight Vale. It had plenty of territory, lots of water, prey, housing and the pack it's self had hunters, cooks, readers, writers, fighters. Heck he was all of these things himself! He would have spilt ever drop of his blood for Twilight Vale but, then again he would do the same thing for Lucifer and Duece to get back together and become a family again. This hadn't been a possibility for a few months now.

He let out a deep breathe of air as he thought of the new pack. Did he love every member like he had befor? No. Did he know everyone? No. Would it be home? No. So, why was he going! Shaking his head as he wandered along the lake, "Naniko, Savina, you girls owe me!" He moaned in annoyance. If it weren't for the two wolfesses he had grown attached to as his leading ladies...well he would be with his father right now, or with his mum in her pack. Either way his mind and heart were set on this new route. He wanted to serve Naniko and her unborn pups for as long as she needed him around. His large werewolf form was abnormal in the pack lands. He stood atleast 8 feet tall and was very much a warrior like his blood father Ares. His bangs fell gently over his right eye, almost covering his light amber gaze. Stoping as he noticed a slightly familiar she-wolf. "Anu? He questioned hoping he had goten her name right. They had only met once, at one of the previous pack meetings.
[html]

eeeee!

Few moments passed before her self-reflection became troublesome. There were times where she was truly whiling to rethink her actions, and plan the changes that were to be taken place within herself, but then there were time where it was all to complicated. Life had become overwhelming, and as she examined her position, it was just easier to ignore it and go with the flow. As much as she wanted to consider herself an easygoing wolf, there was a small need for control.

Thankfully she was not left to her own devices for long and her thoughts were interrupted by her new packmate. He was easy to recognize, coat color, eyes a and then of course his size set him apart from the rest. He was a native to the Twilight Vale pack, an idea that intimidated her a bit. She hated to be the newcomer, even with her relationship with the alpha female.

He spoke her name, make her turn to face him. Looking up to his face she gave him a smile. He was tall, towering over her small four-legged form. It was rare for her to be shifted when so close to Naniko. She kept her form identical to the white fey’s for her comfort as well as her own.

”Yes.” She was indeed Anu, but she was having trouble placing his name. “I am embarrassed to say I did not catch your name.” she kept her smile, hoping to seem innocent enough.

[/html]
OOC: sorry no time to spell check I REALLLLYYY have to go...now!

He was slightly disapointed that she had not known his name. Her made sure to know everyone's name that he met but, then again he was a very curious male to begin with. He sat down beside the white fey, knowing how important it was to keep at the same level as the wolf you spoke to. It was a rank issue. He was not quite sure where she was ranked so being equal was the best he could do for now. Exstending his large black humanized hand he smiled, "Name's Jazper Rhiannon. I'm Deuce Rhiannon and Lucifer Sawtooth's son." He yipped in a happy mood.

Pausing for a moment he realized that anyone who would know Deuce or Lucifer would be surprised to see a son almost at his 11 month. "Well, Adopted son and Pilot Haddon's adopted son as well." It was always so hard to explain his family connections. Silently he wished he didn not have to do this every time he met someone. Then it hit him, he wouldn't have to in a few moons. Lucifer was moving on, leaving Naniko's pack for some time in search of something else and Deuce had her opack in the valley already. He would never have to introduce himself as anyone son again if he didn't care to, he had only one relation in the pack parental wise, Pilot. "I was adopted by Deuce's daughter Dierdre Rhiannon when I was very little, Pilot was her mate so i'm technically his son too. After the fire she went missing and I only ever met Pilot once so Deuce and Lucifer took me in as their own." He explained in a matter of fact tone. "Anyways, now that my sotries done, may I have the honour of knowing what rank you held befor joining our new allience?" He said in a warm tone.
[html]

Watching intently and smiling, she listened. She could tell he was young, by his voice and posture. Young wolves had a way about them, almost still getting used to the structure of their bodies, and of course always growing. His introduction was quick and cheerful, making Anu want to give a little laugh at his eagerness. Staying silent she gave a small nod before he fell into his family history.

It made sense, for him to be Lucifer’s son, both large and towering wolves with coats black as night. She found it curious that they weren’t blood relatives, but then again all the relations that could be found in the area made her just as curious. Anu had no blood, or adopted, family around, besides Naniko, who was family now but in a different way.

He ended with a question, though not exactly the type she expected. “I was a pupsitter, and a member of Phoenix Valley.” Her rank of pupsitter hadn’t lasted to long, but that had been up to her. “Deuce was the Shaman there, and I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Lucifer as well.” The memory of the black furred male came to her, “You look very much alike.” She commented, picturing Lucifer in her mind.

It was like a young wolf to explain how they were connected to everyone else, not yet secure their own identity. Anu saw how he would become an individual, and how he didn’t need to just be their son. Her voice was soft but eager. “Had you been in Twilight Vale since it formed?” Her interest was peaked, and she wondered if she was the only new wolf to the new pack.

[/html]
He nodded understandingly, maybe it hadn't been in his place to ask the female about her rank but, it would give him an idea of who he was dealing with. He had once thought of being a pupsitter, it had been his job as the older brother anyways when mom and dad were out. Now though, he was more thought of as a protector. He would have had the Guardian rank befor long if Twilight Vale had not seperated. As she mentioned his mothers rank and the meeting of his father his ears perked in surprise. So, his dear mum was still holding strong as a leader, this he knew of but the pack name he had never heard. "Phoenix Valley..." He trailled off, "Where abouts is that. Mom mentioned herself and some friends made a pack when she left. She never told me where it was though. I'm sure I could find her by tracking but it'd be much easier to find her if I knew the general area." He explained in haste.

Her next comment threw him of once more. "You look very much alike." He almost chuckled at the thought. It was true, they were both large and black. "My real father, Ares, was very similar to Lucifer. Noone's ever told me Lucifer and I look alike straight out like that though." As for Twilight Vale, had he been there since the begining? "Well, yes I supose in a way. When the fire hit I lived in Jaded Shadows, Deirdre didn't make it but I had met her mom and Lucifer a few times in visiting so I followed their scents." His yellow eyes grew hard as he remembered that night, "I found them talking to Naniko and they took me in as their own. At the time they had just formed Twilight Vale." He sighed, "You should know that i'm not in favour of a new pack. Only reason i'm going along wiht it is because Naniko's had a hard time and needs a change. Plus, my loyalties are with her and Savina for now. I'd do anythign to protect them." He stated. If this new wolfess was going to be helping with Crimson Dreams, she had the right to know his intentions.
[html]

She was no alpha, warrior or a hunter. Simple, though important, a pupsitter could be nothing more then someone assigned to baby-sit. Anu wanted to take her responsibilities further, and teach young minds, but she had yet the opportunity to. Anu was eagerly awaiting the birth of Naniko’s pups, hardly able to wait she imagined herself spending day after day teaching hem everything they would need to know.

He was curious, after her own heart, and spoke more than she was truly used to. Happy to listen she sat contently, her tail waving rhythmically. There was one thing that made her ear perk at the sound. Jaded Shadows, Anu hadn’t heard the name in so long she almost let it slip by without a second thought. But the mention of her past alliance made her wrack her brain.

It was that, and then his disfavor of the new pack formation that made her truly think. “Are you not fond of change?” Her question was soft, not judgmental or in criticism. There were some that just didn’t want things to change, and at time Anu was very mush one of those wolves. Anu loved that Naniko had so much support, and that she had surrounded herself with those that loved her.

Going back to what he had originally said she brought Jaded Shadows back into the limelight. “I was a Jaded Shadows member, but some time ago, far before the fire. “ She wondered if there were any others the she had known, alive and wandering like she was. “I’m here for Naniko too.” She agreed that the white fey needed a new start, and with Lucifer leaving and the puppies on their way.

“I’m not one for change, well… constant change. It was hard to leave the valley and everyone there. But when the one you love are on the line, its all worth it.” Giving him a knowing smile she divulged a little of her history, “I traveled a lot, then found Phoenix Valley. It was the first real home I had since Jaded Shadows…”

[/html]
He was quickly learning more about this Anu, and she was growing on him. She was dedicated to Naniko, the new pack, and she had an interesting way of speaking. She was simply interesting. Purhaps, she would be alright to have around and the new pack would become his family once more. There seemed to be plenty of females around, along wiht a few strong males. Everyone had their own personal talents and skills to bring with them in the new pack Crimson Dreams.

The fey's question threw him off. It what was said but how it was said that startled him. "Am I not fond of change?" He mimiced without thinking. She had asked it in a pure way, curious. He had always asked so many questions that being asked questions in turn was not common for him. Usually he was just told to be quiet. "Well.." He trailed of to ponder the question, "I would not say I'm not fond of it. Thing is, I've just had so much change in my family life that I just wish for a time of peace. Wish things would just be good and stay that way." He sighed, "All I want is my family to stay together. Obviously, that's not happening. As I get older and discover more aboiut myself the futher my family becomes. Deuce was kicked out of the pack and now she's runnign a new one and i've only seen ehr once since I became a Luperci. Then there's Lucifer, he's always been my teacher, my father, and he helped lead Twilight Vale since I was a little pup." It was hard to believe he had grown into such a large creature since, "Now he's off drowining in his depression somewhere because of his female troubles away from myself and the members of the old pack who are joining Crimson Dreams." He found it easy to explain his problems to Anu. She was not quite the complete stranger she had been at the start of the conversation.
[html]

she usually doesn't talk this much!

Blue eyes watched his face as he explained his family’s dynamics. Family was always complicated. Anu had know that when she lived with her parents and brothers, and she had known it by watching and observing so many others. But still she was sad that he did not have the support he needed and wanted. In truth it was a simple and small thing to ask for. He deserved to be a son who is loved and guided, and she felt it a shame that all of those that had pledged themselves to his care when he was a pup could not see him through to adulthood.

It was hard to find the words that would comfort him, for that was her next need. Her face was slightly sullen, taking in the unhappy facts that he as giving her. Once he was finished his explanation she couldn’t have asked for a more thorough answer to one of her many questions.

“Peace is hard to find.” She smiled to herself at the thought. “I guess you can only really have it what you make it for yourself. “ She did not want to make him think that he must be a loner forever, or a hobbit that never wanted to see the face of another wolf. But she did believe that no one would make your life the way you wanted it, you had to create it yourself.

“Teachers and leaders can come in all shapes and sizes, and we’re all here to help you.” She spoke for Naniko and Savina, as well as the other leaders and older adult of the new pack. A new thought came to her, “And maybe the journey and travel to find the advice and guidance you seek from your family might be as helpful and reflective as the advice itself.”

[/html]
Anu. One more name to add to list of wolves he liked. She was very gentle in her wording and it was comforting to just let it out. As she spoke he drank it in. Glancing to his backpack he realized he didn't crave the flask of scotch within it. It seemed this new pack idea might just be a good thing for him. Good to get away form parental views and get out there by himself as an individual. He nodded as she continued. He realized a smile, large and toothy. She was right, once more. Her blue eyes gave him a sence of peace. 'Teachers and leaders can come in all shapes and sizes, and we’re all here to help you' How true that was. He had learned from Ares, Taka, Dierdre, Lucifer, Deuce, Savina and Naniko. Now, here came another teacher, Anu.

Thinking he sighed, "I guess I have bad luck with males. All females I know are so friendly and loving. The guys on the other hand....Well I just feel like Pilot's trying to replace Lucifer in the pack. I don't know the guy. He just always shows up when my dad's not there and tries to play Mr.Nice. Now, him and Nani are bestfriends and Lucifers gone." He placed his head in his hands. Next to this she-wolf he must be a strange sight. His Optime form reached a hight of 8"3, and to discribe him in one word, wall. He was massive and dangerous in a fight but with family he just kept losing. "I donno, maybe you're right. Maybe I really am just lucky to have a new pack full of wolves I know and care about. All the Twilight Valers have given me advice befor. Perhaps, this will be a good change to become more of an individual instead of just Son of Many" He chuckled lightly as his golden eyes turned to her with a fresh glitter.
[html]

Words had never really came easily to the sandy colored fey. Usually there were kept jumbled behind her brain, never to be released unless perfect. But they never came out that way even after the checked and double-checked their structure. Lately she had been fond of just saying it, letting the word vomit happen, and dealing with the consequences later.

Jazper was easy to talk to; his kind and young face made her feel like he was searching for something. Something to great and large for her to give him in full, but she might just be able to help him with a small piece.

Responding to his words came oddly natural, ”Replacements can only be put in if you let them. He may replace Lucifer in one beasts eyes, but he may never in yours.” Even if Pilot tried his hardest to take the black males spot in their new pack, Jazper would always know who filled that role of male influence in his life.

A smile came to her mouth when she thought of his comments on the topic of men. “Yes, men can be fickle.” Anu was a prime example of turning her back to the gender. As much as she didn’t want to recognize it, her only real relationships she had ever had were with females. On the surface she believed they were only foreign to her, just not her cup of tea.

”There are good ones out there, and you will find them and gain that fraternal connection.” She looked at Jazper, examining his features before speaking, “I think your old enough to be that individual. Find friends you can grow with, instead of searching for a lost long whatever.” Her words were harsher then she was used to saying, but her voice was still soft and nurturing. Maybe he should find others that he could learn from, but could also learn from him.

[/html]