.wake up slow
[html]

out of character

Private for Windy. Halcyon Mountain. I took out the line height coding, I hope that it helps your eyes? If you want me to change font colors/tables just tell me so. Big Grin

in character

Khaden was curious enough about where Ember had ran away to after Twilight Vale. Granted both his brother's previous pack and Shadowed Sun had disbanded roughly the same time, but Khaden didn't know why Ember had ran away to begin with. He knew that many believed that the two ebony wolves ran headlong into mateship too soon into their lives, and the newlywed boy had an inkling that they were right, but he didn't care about that so much. They had much chemistry between them, from the first day that they had met, and most of these sort of things they could talk out. Part of the excitement of being mates was knowing that they had the rest of their lives to learn and memorize every single aspect of each other, and that by itself gave the boy something to wake to.

But alas, Ember had taken the day to do her own things away from Esper Hollow, and Khaden had taken that time to trek up to the ruins of Shadowed Sun. They butted up against the old lands of Bleeding Souls, and from different angles of the mountain one could see past the sloping ridges to find the scorched valley that previously marked most of these creature's home. Exhaling his breath, he continued forward, ignoring the imminent thunder that rolled restlessly against the aching gray sky. Today seemed to lie an adventure within these abandoned lands, and Khaden was headstrong to find it.
[/html]
Wind snapped and whirled, singing over the wasted land. Cicatrice wondered where all the new growth was. There should be a blanket of green saplings out there, but this land was blighted, as though all the life had been sucked out of it. She'd headed north seeking somewhere free of the coyotes and the hybrids she'd met in her short time in this land. It wasn't as if she was antisocial, she just didn't know how to... assimilate after her time as a prisoner of the coyote clan. She longed for the company of her own kind, of wolves, but they were few and far between, and, the gruff female admitted to herself, they may not like having someone with a history such as hers, or such a strong dislike for the coyote. She could tolerate hybrids, but would never willingly allow herself to be led by them. She wasn't so much of a specieist as she simply hated them, the coyotes. Wasn't as if she didn't have reason to, and she knew not all of them were murdering sons of bitches, but she had yet to meet one that wasn't. Shaking her fluffy long pelt, the she wolf loped easily down the slope, her mind on her thoughts.
[html]

out of character

Haha. There. Sorry about that. xD

in character

Khaden didn't know why he enjoyed his secui form as much as he did, especially while traveling. He knew it was rather unnecessary, considering he wasn't exactly the smallest wolf and didn't quite have to compensate with size. In fact, he often felt larger and bulkier in company. But there was some sort of comfort that he sought in such a form. Perhaps it was his insecurities, maybe he could never truly get over when he was jumped and he knew that if he was shifted he would have been able to fight them off. Nonetheless, as Khaden swept through the old lands that were once claimed to Shadowed Sun, he could feel his body prickle at that slight sixth sense of someone being close by.

Many humans and western cultivated wolves had studied this sixth sense intently, the feeling of something that cannot be truly explained through logic. Nonetheless, Khaden didn't muse about it as much as follow it, letting blind faith guide him to what he felt was appropriate, and in fact across the bend of the Halcyon Mountain terrain gave forth to another creature entirely. With a cocked head, he stood in plain sight of the wolf, not wanting to make any sort of waves by being accused of sneaking up. "'Allo there! What brings you up around here?"
[/html]
White tipped paws padded smoothly over the grey terrain as the big she wolf went along. A voice interrupted the background noise of whipping wind and she looked up, half expecting to see a damn hybrid again. This place seemed to be full of them. She was irritated enough to initiate a snarl, but the snarl died in her throat when Cicatrice turned and saw what amounted to be a teenaged, in her mind, young wolf. Perking her dark ears forward, she snorted. Such a difference between Wolf and those with coyote blood. He asked what he wanted to know. Amused, she straightened and loped easily towards the young male. "Hello," She tilted her head at his question, feeling very pleased to be in the company of her own kind again. Silver eyes studied the male and then glanced at her paws, then back to the male, "My paws did most of the work it seems," She knew what he was asking, but her long underused sense of humor had decided to show itself. "No particular reason, other than I got tired of running into the coyotes and their kin... I'm not... overly fond of coyotes,"
[html]

in character

With his words still lingering in the air he watched the wolf's reaction, and didn't quite know what to make of it. It seemed as if he didn't quite catch her by surprise, but moreso by convenience. Taking a full look of her features, he inwardly grimaced, unsure of how to make of her sightly scars. He didn't allow it to show, having enough practice from everyone else it seemed all marred up and scarred, but it was still a harsh sight to see. Glad to see her approaching him equipped with her own humor and a few words that seemed to chip off a bit of her personality right off the bat.

The secui formed wolf merely nodded at her statement. He had met many walks of life, prejudices and bigotry sidled alongside of those aforementioned many. It wasn't too rare to find someone who had their own grudges against one race versus the other - he had never quite met someone so blatant about it, but by the sounds of it, this femme had spent much of her time in the company of those she wasn't quite fond of. Racism was something Khaden just attempted to ignore, not willing to risk his place and status to righteously stand up and shout his beliefs, yet finding racism altogether something immoral and wrong. He figured his stance of being in Esper Hollow, a pack that seemed to be widespread amongst Souls as a controversial pack, was enough of a balance between the protest and complacent that battled within him.

Giving a dip in his posture to incline a bit of polite introduction, he smiled easily and gave forth his own prescence. "I'm Khaden." He nodded to her paws and then to his own, giving a good natured grin before pressing forth in a cordial invitation. "My paws are pretty exhausted too, what with this mountain and stuff. Mind if your paws keep my paws company?"
[/html]
"I am called Cicatrice," There was a subtle distinction between "I am called" and "My name is." In reality, Cicatrice no longer remembered the end to the statement "My name is." That had been lost when her identity had been stripped from her by the coyotes. She remembered that day, her twin brother, they hadn't been identical, but they'd had striking coats, the blood of their murdered littermates, and then the coyotes. They'd taken her away from everything, her parents, her brother, even her own identity, and had made her someone she wasn't sure she liked.

She nodded at Khaden's question, "I don't mind if we keep company. I'm trying to learn more of the area. A hybrid I met some days ago, Corona, told me a little of the area, but the best way to learn of something is with paws on experience." The mention of the hybrid held little of the distaste she'd had upon mentioning the coyotes. Corona wasn't grouped in the typical "coyote/hybrid" slot in her mind. She was.. something else, a group which consisted of civil coyotes and hybrids, and thus far had one member.