the spark in my heart
OOC:
WC: 551
This is an All Welcome post, so feel free to join.

IC:
The morning was starting, with the sun normally rising in the east. It just peaked the top of it's head above the mountains that were in the east. Pendzez walked along a pathway that was present, looking at other paths that cut from the main path to the different houses and dens that were there. He then turned his attention to the sunrise in the east. He saw it was just showing itself. He looked to the west, and saw that the mountains there were hit by the light from the rising sun. It was sort of an orangey color, like it was on fire, but not literally. If the sun was like that, then mabye some of the wolves were not awake yet. Pendzez didn't mind though. He thought it was still early for them anyway, but not him. He was usually up at this time, besides he was used to it. There were some days he would wake up early, some when he got up late, or there were days that he wouldn't sleep at all. Those sleepless days were due to the bad memories, or sometimes an exciting moment. On some nights, he would go to early, or late. Which ever it was, he would get some sleep. That's what mattered to him about sleep. As long as he got some sleep.

Turning back to the path ahead of him, he looked around him, seeing if there any wolves awake. Only some. Pendzez just wanted to know if there any awake yet. He didn't want to disturb them because they might be busy doing something. Pendzez continued to walk along the path, not thinking to interrupt the awake wolves with there current duties, or jobs, or morning hobbies. He continues walking until he came to a stop. Walking along was now getting boring. He turned to the direction of a paddock that was there. He looked at the cattle that were grazing on the soft green grassy pasture. In another paddock next to the first paddock, there were herders that were moving other cattle into a different paddock. He watched them do their jobs. Now, herders would have to get up early to move some cattle around to different paddocks. They would have to get up even more early than the current time of the morning. They would have to milk them as a job because that's what some herders do, they harvest the cattle milk.

Pendzez sat there watching the many fields there were presented in his eyes. The absolute beauty by looking at them almost took over his body, but he had a good immunization to it. He always had from when he was born. One of the herders, a young male herder, was closing the gate so the cattle wouldn't get out. Pendzez had his attention for the moment and saw the male wave to him. Pendzez lifted up his right arm and waved back. He had to be nice, he didn't want to be rude and ignore him, he had to be nice and polite, well, he was always like that. He will always be like that. He just doesn't want to be a bad wolf and get kicked out, that would be the last thing in the entire world he wanted to happen.
[html]
Hi! :3
wc486

--

At no time in his life could Jefferson recall ever being a 'morning person', or one who could get up at the rack of dawn and be able to actually accomplish something significant without somehow passing out in the meantime--that is to say, falling asleep. The male quite enjoyed sleep himself, and in his current, malnourished situation, sleep had been a beneficial factor in recovering his health and strength. The past couple months had left him unnaturally--and quite eerily, really--thin and bony, toppling this way and that and commonly losing his balance even at a nonchalant stride. Jefferson had found the extra amounts of sleep he'd been getting to be slowly beginning to work, but the past few nights had not been so kind. All the new change, from a life of singularity to a packlife where he had hardly seen 'his' pack (and had been afraid to, especially if Deuce and he crossed paths once more), thus the feeling of packlife wasn't exactly much different from how he'd lived before. Insomnia had set in for a night or two, and as a result, Jefferson had temporarily become a 'morning person' in the end.

Having not yet found a den or something similar in the packlands he'd hardly began to root through, the wolf had spent his sleepless nights of late under trees, on rocks, etc. where comfort and stability were of no assurance when it came to actually resting. His senses and instincts were already delayed by his emaciation, thus sleeping out in the open... not a wise choice. But somehow or other, he'd managed to shift for some time to make traveling a bit easier--two functioning legs were better than three out of four--but hunger had put him down to rest as always. Cattle looked delicious; too bad he was in no condition to nab one. A sigh.

The one-eyed menace sat with folded legs beneath a lazy tree, enjoying the shade from the sunlight and the odd tranquility he found in the concept of 'packlife', although it had yet to really occur to him. Jefferson was not exactly hopping like a madman in hopes to find his packmates, as he had no idea who or how many they were, but as long as they didn't mind coyote hybrids he found no particular reason to be worried. His arm in a rather makeshift sling, the beast stared out sleepily with his one eye as another figure began to move past. A morning person, no doubt.

He glanced down and retrieved a small twig from the ground. What an idiotic habit; he placed it in his mouth and chewed on its end and watched it twirl as it jutted from his maw. "You smile too early," he grumbled aloud, watching after Pendzez indifferently. The hybrid didn't force a smile, didn't offer a wave even with his good arm--just sat in the shade and looked at him quietly, munching away on a stupid little twig.

[/html]
WC: 585

The sun rose more, lighting up more of the mountains in the west. Somehow Pendzez found this a peaceful tranquility, better than yesterdays when he met Deuce. It seemed to get his mind out of bad memories. Now, he wasn't even sure if he had bad memories. This peacefulness made him go into his mind, despite him looking ahead, to see the goodness there was in his past memories. He had remembered some things that he found pleasant, like the time his dad taught him how to hunt and when he first became an older brother. He went deeper and deeper, but then he came to a black and dark part of his mind, the bad memories. He didn't want to see them because he saw them many times before and not again now. Pendzez shook himself out of his mind of memories, both good and bad, and returned to the real world which he was born in. In his eyes he was afraid to enter the dark part of his mind. He just didn't want to see them again. He's been trying to forget them for a long time, but yesterday when Deuce asked if he had family, his bad memories surfaced from the part he was forgetting, making his remember the flashes of his parents and his sister dead. Now, he was trying to forget them again, though he does have little flashes now. In time, he will completely for get them, and continue on with his life. That's what his parents would have wanted anyway. A normal life for there only son.

He left his mind to return to watching the herders move the cattle around and the cattle grazing. Watching them made him think of food. He was a bit hungry afterall. He didn't even think of what to have to eat, but there was probably something the whole pack does for food in the morning together. He didn't mind waiting to find out what. During from now to then, he had to find something to do, but what? Now that he was in a pack, mabye he had to hunt like they do and not like his former loner self. He thought he had to obey the pack rules, and not leave the area without permission, well, he is still young, so mabye he had too anyway. Pendzez just didn't know what to do about this situation, but he thought not to worry about it. He should be fine about following the pack rules.

Pendzez heard a voice, however, it was a light voice, but a voice none the less. He didn't know what it said, but he thought it was a "Good morning." He turned around and saw another wolf, actually a hybrid, lying under a tree that was near, chewing on a stick. Pendzez found it odd about what the hybrid was doing, but mabye it was a habit of this hybrid. Pendzez didn't want to be rude and ignore what the hybrid said, so like a kind wolf he was, he gave a light smile and said, "Well, I guess someone likes the sunrise in the morning. I do, but mainly because I'm up very early in the morning." The amount of sleep Pendzez gets doesn't really matter to him, even if it's just an hour's worth. However, he doesn't seem tired when he sleeps for like two to six hours. This doesn't trouble him at all. Mabye because he was used to it. It's a mystery.
[html]
wc265

--

The male blinked his good eye sullenly at the rather awake, energetic wolf, and continued to munch idly on the twig jutting from his maw. He'd always sort of envied morning people, but in the end had found the evening much more enjoyable anyway. Jefferson probably wouldn't be one to admit it, but half the thrill of his long-past days of perpetual exploration of new lands was finding a new place every night to gaze up at the stars from. It had become something he'd looked forward to, and nowadays something he missed so terribly. His gimpy leg now limited his motor abilities, cutting off the thrill of exploration. And, it goes without saying, stargazing loses have its value when seen through only one eye.

Crunch, crunch. The hybrid snorted and shrugged somewhat, sitting up. He wished he'd slept better that past night. "I don't know how you do it, then," he replied rather simply, before repositioning himself a bit and leaning back again, tilting his head to lean against the tree and stare upward. "Couldn't be a morning person even if I tried. Use the time to your advantage since some of us can't." Yeah, there was always the possibility that Jeffer was a bit grumpy in the morning, but the insomnia hadn't exactly helped, either. After a pause, Jefferson moved his head to look at the white wolf again, a look of perplexion across his face. "Where on earth are you going this early, anyway? What does this pack have to offer that could get you up and smiling at this stupid hour?"

[/html]
WC: 356

"I don't know how you do it, then," that's what the hybrid said. The way that it was said was like he wasn't liking the morning. Probably not this early morning. "Couldn't be a morning person even if I tried. Use the time to your advantage since some of us can't." is what the Jefferson continued. Mabye he was just one of those later risers. Why doesn't he go back to sleep until the sun is completely out and shining bright. Pendzez wouldn't mind that, but once he's up, he's up. He can't get back to sleep. This wasn't a problem to Pendzez, but there were times that would get tired in the middle of the day and sleep. Hopefully, this problem wouldn't interrupt his help with the pack. If it does, then he was in trouble. However, he found ways to stay awake. He never tells anyone because it was kind of a secret that was only for him to know. There were times that other wolves asked him if he was tired, and he would say, "A liitle, but I'm ok." Pendzez was a tough wolf in his family. He gets it from his father, who was a brave warrior.

"Where on earth are you going this early, anyway? What does this pack have to offer that could get you up and smiling at this stupid hour?" Was Jefferson angry with Pendzez about this? Or is he just frustrated about being up early in the morning? Pendzez didn't mind to rise early. "I just get up early sometimes, that's all. The pack doesn't have anything to offer. I just joined the pack to have you know. And just because you're tired doesn't mean you can get snappy!" Pendzez sort of yelled at Jefferson. Was it because of being tired? Or because he doesn't like being talked to like that. Pendzez wasn't happy about this, certainly. He doesn't like being grouched at, especially from someone he just met. When he found it worthy for forgiveness, he just apologized, "I'm sorry I said that in that tone. I just don't like being talked to like that."
[html]
Not sure if Pendzez is just very touchy, but Jefferson wasn't raising his voice at all. His dialect is just a little rough around the edges.
wc308

--

When the white wolf erupted in a sudden furious reaction, his tone and fur flared up like he was being attacked by a bear. For a quick, vague moment, Jefferson could almost recognize the reaction as one of his some time ago, but the male sort of shrugged and stared rather indifferently at the angered white male. It was unbearably obvious how young the wolf was in comparison to his own years; the boy was lucky that the hybrid was not only the flesh-ripping type, but also that he was in no body of health to do much of anything in the first place. Jefferson simply cocked a brow and leaned back, briefly puzzled as to what had sparked up such a reaction. The hybrid hadn't said anything offensive--and if he had, well hell. The boy evidently still had plenty to learn about existing as a group.

"Grow up," was the hybrid's first reply. His singular green eye thinned, and at that point he chomped straight through the twig in his mouth and spat it out. "I've been a loner for longer than you've been living, kid, and even I know how the pack is supposed to run. Watch your tongue--words like that will have you shredded and deserted in no time." Weren't morning people supposed to be perpetually peppy and annoyingly happy in the morning, anyway? He searched for another twig to chew on; damn habit. "I'm not afraid of you. But packlife means you have to live and let live, and figure out your mates live--or talk. Don't apologize to me... save it for when you explode on the leaders." He retrieved another small branch from the ground and began to chew on it as he leaned his head back against the trunk of the tree and closed his eye, enjoying the breeze.

[/html]
WC: 419
Sorry about that. I saw it like that, but I guess it wasn't. I sometimes see things as something else.

This fury was odd. Pendzez never got like this before. He felt a slight pain in his head, getting worse and worse, like something was trying to get out, eating though his skull and out of the head. Could this have been the cause of his furious reaction? Of all the pains and reactions he had in the past, he never had this before. He did what he could to resist and withdraw that pain. He eventually did, but he still couldn't see that the pain was the cause of his outburst. He shook it out of mind, trying not to let Jefferson see it. Pendzez still had his mind on the pain, however. The thought couldn't leave his mind. He still couldn't see why it would have cause his outburst to the hybrid. Mabye it was just because of his early rise, but now that he was in a pack, he would have to obey the rules, which could be getting up at the crack of dawn to hunt. Even so, he still had much to learn about pack life, especially now that he was no longer a loner. Going through pack life might be difficult afterall. Pendzez never thought of that. He asked his parents about packs, but they said they didn't know much about it. That wasn't much help.

"Grow up, I've been a loner for longer than you've been living, kid, and even I know how the pack is supposed to run. Watch your tongue--words like that will have you shredded and deserted in no time. I'm not afraid of you. But packlife means you have to live and let live, and figure out your mates live--or talk. Don't apologize to me... save it for when you explode on the leaders." Jefferson had a point. If he was going to last a life time, he would have to do what the pack says. No objections. Pendzez saw this pup's play, but he might have a lot more on his back than he thought. With the hybrid's reply, the snow white wolf had to explain about his furious reaction to Jefferson. He didn't want to insult Jefferson in any way, mabye what he would say may even let Jefferson despise Pendzez. Pendzez thought for a moment, then came up with something. "How about... we start from scratch? Hello, I'm Pendzez." Pendzez stared at the hybrid, hoping that he got the hint and would go along with it. If not, then well, Pendzez was screwed.
[html]
No worries. Smile
wc335

--

Had Jefferson been as reckless as this one in his youth, the hybrid would not have been sitting before him as comfortably as he was. If the creature had someone managed to survive in the first place, what was his gimpy leg might have been lost altogether, his eyes could have been gouged out by now, and the scars his body had endured could have turned out far worse. For a creature of esteemed clairvoyance and a logical mindset, Jeffer had done quite well for himself for being a loner. He'd been lucky at times, unlucky at other times. He was four years old; four years of experience and wisdom of life rested on his shoulders. The white male before him was hardly old enough to know where his nose belonged. As the hybrid's ear twitched rather indifferently, he almost envied the youth briefly, in that the boy would begin learning much sooner than Jefferson had due to his early acceptance into a pack. Ultimately, though, Jefferson had lived his life the best he could thus far, and regrets ran thin.

At the reintroduction, the hybrid chuckled lightly to himself and flashed a congratulatory smile at the younger male. "Jefferson. You're getting it now." He shrugged a little and raised a brow. "I only guessed that you were new to the pack, but I guess I wasn't too far off. I'm only a few days old here as well." His eye flickered. "You seem a little young to be wandering around by yourself," he spoke from experience, "lost your family?" The question always, always stirred up emotions in people when he asked it, but hell. If you were going to meet people, you might as well learn to trust them while you're at it. Jefferson wasn't one for opening up to people, but fortunately the male couldn't recall anything worth opening up. He was just a gimpy wolf with scars and a background of very little importance... and put simply, Jefferson was okay with that.

[/html]
WC: 466
^^

"Jefferson. You're getting it now. I only guessed that you were new to the pack, but I guess I wasn't too far off. I'm only a few days old here as well." Well, Pendzez was quite glad that Jefferson was doing what Pendzez was hoping would happen. He wanted to start the conversation again from scratch, so he got that. As far as he knows, the fury reaction never happened. Pendzez was also happy that he was getting on well with a new pack member, one that was also new to the pack. He was hoping something like this would happen and so it did. However, Jefferson was here a few days londer than Pendzez. The snow white wolf joined just yesterday, but by the way Jefferson explained, it was obvious that he was around longer than Pendzez has. Pendzez didn't feel uneasy at this at all. He thought that mabye could show him some things about packs, but the again, mabye not. He wasn't here for every long, so he probably wouldn't be of much help. "Oh, thanks. Yeah I joined Phoenix Valley Pack yesterday afternoon, so I wasn't here for long. To tell you the truth, I'm quite glad that I'm in a pack that I can stay in. When I was a loner, there were some packs that would let me stay for a certain amount of days, but Esper Hollow let me stay for as long as I want. There and here aswell." The snow white wolf was getting cheerful and glad even more. He had to calm down before he would go silly.

"You seem a little young to be wandering around by yourself, lost your family?" Well, Pendzez thought he was young, but he's been a loner before a pack member, so he should know how to defend himself. Besides, his father taught him the many ways of protection. Koexar told Pendzez that what he will teach him will be effective when it came to hunts, ambushes, and defending. But Pendzez mind went black like it was yesterday. He heard that word again. Family. Pendzez was hoping to forget that word forever because each time he hears that word, his soul goes dark and locked away. The snow white wolf looked at Jefferson, not saying anything to comment him about his question. He looked away for a few moments before turning back the hybrid with his answer. When the moments were gone, he turned to Jefferson and said, "Yep, they're dead. My mum, my dad, and my sister." Pendzez felt more uneasy each time he thought of something to say about his family. It wouldn't matter who it was, he would find it hard to say what he wanted to say. "I don't want to talk about anymore of it."
[html]
wc358

--

Doubtful that Jefferson might have ever admitted it, but there was always a minuscule pang of envy for those he met whom at least remembered their own family. At least they were gifted with memories; they were lucky, having the capability to recall their parents through past events, warm or cold. They had something to look back on, to regret losing. They had something to miss, something to immobilize their thoughts when memories suddenly struck. Something to wonder about, and something to pray about. Jefferson had never been much for prayer or anything in that category, the skeptical agnostic brute he'd become, but he'd never had reason to. When he fell, he collected himself and got up again and kept walking. According to his memories, he had never reached the point where he had wanted help, whether from the family he didn't have or the impossible deus ex machina that had never looked upon him. He was okay with that. He told himself he was okay with that.

"Fine, fine, don't start crying," the skeptic remarked, scratching at his nose. Some creatures were so unbearably predictable, and evidently Pendzez hadn't passed that little test presented so subtly. The were leaned back and resisted rolling his eye, but instead busied himself by adjusting the strap to the sling that captured his arm. "Just a passing thought, is all. No need to get defensive or snappy again. You said your name was what, ...'Pendzez'?" He straightened his back a little bit, one-eyed gaze moving to rest on the white male again. "Kind of exotic. Know what it means?" Had he questioned Pendzez further about his family, the white male might've sparked like a firecracker all over again and the last thing Jefferson needed was enemies in his own pack. ...Other than Deuce, or so he thought. He really could've cared less about the boy's parents, as it was an area Jefferson's unconscious empathetical skills laid low. Had the white male run into some drastic, life-scarring situation in his life, maybe the hybrid would've been a bit more interested. As for his own stories, though, Jefferson had no interest in discussing.

[/html]
WC: 459

"Fine, fine, don't start crying," Crying? Why would Pendzez start crying over a matter that was in the past. He was starting to get over it, trying to avoid the subject about his parents that is. Now that he was in a pack, he would have to get used to start talking about his parents and his other family. Jefferson seemed to be trying to help Pendzez, but in an odd way that Pendzez didn't understand. The snow white wolf thought about it, but nothing came to mind that might help understand about the support, but was it really support from Jefferson? Or was it just some random words? Either way, Pendzez didn't mind at all, as long that he would find it helpful. It was too bad that his parents aren't alive because they would tell what the hybrid was trying to say. "Never said I would cry. I'm going to have to get used to people asking me about them, however, becasue I can't keep running from the past. If I do, then I'll be out before I would say but." That was true. If Pendzez was going to let his past get in the way, he would be out of the pack.

"Just a passing thought, is all. No need to get defensive or snappy again. You said your name was what, ...'Pendzez'?" Pendzez never felt that urge to get snappy or upset. If he did, however, then he would. The name was correct, or at least the last time Pendzez checked. "Yeah, ok. Pendzez is my name. Handpicked from my parents, may they rest in peace, very carefully." The name 'Pendzez' was a common name, but a rare meaning. Some see Pendzez as a snow child at first glance, but find that he is just a common wolf among a pack. The snow white wolf wondered by what the meaning of the his name meant, but he couldn't quite put his paw on it. "It means 'Child of the Snowy Tundra.' I know, it sounds wierd, but that's what my father said it meant. The Child of the Snowy Winter was indeed an odd meaning for his name. Pendzez kept asking himself what it meant by that, but he copuldn't figure it out. When he asked his father about what the meaning of his name meant, all he said was he was born in a snowy tundra, durning the cold winter season. Pendzez found that odd because he was born a loner, he didn't remember going through any tundra when just a pup. It was what his father said, so mabye it was true. "I asked him what it meant, he says it meant I was born in a snowy tundra during a snowy winter."
[html]
wc279

--

Jefferson chuckled--chuckled!--to himself quietly and cast a lightly amused look on the boy. For a moment, the hybrid wished he could recall his own childhood and wondered if such 'innocence', as he considered it, had ever possessed him as such. This brought a deeper smirk to his face--a smaller, healthier version of himself, as feisty and youthful as this Pendzez seemed to be. The male couldn't fathom himself in such a position, making the concept all the more amusing. There was far too much that Jefferson wished for himself, and little that was actually possible. In all reality, he was perfectly fine as he was. "'Atta boy," the hybrid flashed his pearly whites in a nonchalant grin. The emotion was, however, apparently genuine. "Keep that up and you'll be all grown up soon enough."

Jefferson straightened his back a little, before beginning to wiggle his spine back and forth to scratch it against the rough surface of the tree truck. Obviously, the male was a bit too lazy to just scratch it himself, and more obviously, had no shame nor anything to hide. His one-eyed stare became intently affixed on the white male, now a bit more willing to speak with him. He smirked a bit when the boy remarked on his parents resting in peace carefully, as Jefferson took a moment to wonder what that was supposed to mean. "Good name. Appropriate," he responded simply, relaxing against the tree. "Fits your personality. Sounds smart. Strong." Jefferson nodded, seemingly giving his approval for whatever reason, before tipping his head back again and closing his eye a moment. "Let it stick with you," the beast added finally.

[/html]
WC: 504
They're getting quite well, I must say. ^^

"Atta boy, keep that up and you'll be all grown up soon enough." Pendzez was learning, though it will take time. He will eventually get there, if he tries hard enough. Though the snow white wolf was a slow learner, he would try to obtain this goal to help him with pack life. There were things that Pendzez could do around the place, but it was the matter of what. Mabye some voluntary stuff. If it meant building for the future ahead, the Pendzez would be willing to help shaping it up. "Thanks for that. Hopefully, not too soon." Pendzez didn't want to grow up now, but mabye when he was ready to. If it was to happen suddenly like that, well Pendzez would be out of whack about predictions. That would be the last Pendzez would want. There was an itch on his left ear. Pendzez got in position and sratched it with his leg, trying to relief it. Once relieved, he returned his attention to the hybrid. "What about you? Did you have family?" Pendzez was filled with curiosity because Jeffers asked about his parents, so why not ask about his?

"Good name. Appropriate, fits your personality. Sounds smart. Strong. Let it stick with you." Pendzez felt glad that Jefferson was saying that it was a good meaning for name like Pendzez's. The snow white wolf always wondered if his parents did well to name him, suppose they did do a great job, actually. Pendzez did ask his mum. She said that another word for child was prince. Prince of the Snowy Tundra? Yeah right. Pendzez felt more like a common wolf than a prince. "Thanks for that. My mum says another word for child was prince. I mean Prince of the Snowy Tundra? Hardly." Pendzez smirked at his words to Jefferson. Pendzez wouldn't believe that his name meant Prince of the Snowy Tundra even if it gave him a back scratch. Mabye his mother had knowledge of this because she was born in a tundra, but mabye not. Mabye all she said was something to get Pendzez cheerful and happy. Pendzez had no thought on these for long, for he returned to the real world, fixing his attention back on Jeffers. "Anyway, I will leave it sticking to me. I don't think it will come off," he said sarcastically

Pendzez had a thought going through his head. If Jeffers was a few days old, then he was a loner. Mabye Pendzez could learn what Jefferson learned in the wilderness of 'Souls. Pendzez, despite knowing what he learnt himself, had to learn more about a loner's life because he might become one again. "So, I guess you were a loner before? How did you survive?" This filled the snow white wolf with curiosity. Pendzez wanted to know, so he asked politely. If Jeffers was able to shed some light on other survival tips, then mabye Pendzez could use them when in the wilderness again. For now, all Pendzez could do was ask.
[html]
I'd say so! Big Grin
wc336

--

"No," he replied very quickly when inquired about his family. His smile faded but he did not yet scowl, but the gruff look of indifference returned to his face. "I don't have family. Or if I do, they're not anywhere around here. Not sure who the hell they are or where they've been either, but I've never come across them." He purposely left it unsaid that he didn't even know who they are. With his luck, Pendzez wouldn't notice or wouldn't question him on that any further. His ear twitched, and his lone green eye wandered away into the distance. "Be grateful for your blood, kid... Especially when you have memories of them."

He straightened his back and rolled his shoulders before making himself comfortable again. "Jefferson? Not my name. Hell if I know what it is. I saw that one somewhere and I couldn't remember being called anything else, so it stuck." He shrugged. "I got assaulted a couple times over and took too many knocks on the noggin, understand? That's how I survived. I ran into every damn pissed off pisser that was in the area and all his buds, and let's just say talking didn't work well." His green eye affixed back on the white male. He was being a bit harsh with it, but the chills ran down his spine--Jeffers despised such a feeling, and it never usually ended well. The male had never enjoyed being a loner, but had never known anything else. Escaping it seemed like a foreign concept, until he somehow did completely by mistake and ended up in Phoenix Valley for the time being. Would he last? He didn't really know. "It's an eat-or-be-eaten world out there. If you lose your leg or your eye, you have to figure out how to keep up with those who haven't. Keep close to your packmates and you'll keep all your limbs." For a moment his gaze strayed down to his arm in the sling, but again averted soon after.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: The Child Of The Tundra is here

WC: 503

IC: HEAR HIS CRY

"I don't have family. Or if I do, they're not anywhere around here. Not sure who the hell they are or where they've been either, but I've never come across them." Was Jeffer an orphan? Pendzez would know the feeling of being one. He was one, but not anymore. Pendzez has survived two months alone, so mabye he can live alone, well not technically alone. "So, you were an orphan?" That had to be it, the way Jefferson explained it. If he didn't have family, and if he did, he didn't know them, then he had to be an orphan. That's what Pendzez came up with, but it was all on the Hybrid's answer. "Be grateful for your blood, kid... Especially when you have memories of them." Pendzez is next in line of the Zazkex generation. It was planned the creator of all, and go as planned it shall be. No exceptions, unless he was a god. Pendzez had his life planned out when he was made by the Creator. "Well, that's the whole plan, to live and die." Pendzez boldly said these words to Jeffers.

"Jefferson? Not my name. Hell if I know what it is. I saw that one somewhere and I couldn't remember being called anything else, so it stuck." Pendzez had that in his mind, but he could only make out only some of that. Sometimes, he would hear words or speeches that he can't understand or has a hard time to think of what it means. If Jefferson wasn't his name, then what was? "Ok, I think I have the gist of what you said," Pendzez said, trying to understand more of the concept. "I got assaulted a couple times over and took too many knocks on the noggin, understand? That's how I survived. I ran into every damn pissed off pisser that was in the area and all his buds, and let's just say talking didn't work well." Pendzez stood amazed. Jeffers obviously got into more trouble than Pendzez did. Pendzez got into a quarrel with a rogue wolf, which left him a scar on his muzzle. The snow white wolf had a revenge swipe, which left a scar on the rogue's left eye. Pendzez was lucky that the rogue had enough and left. If he stayed, Pendzez probably wouldn't be there talking to the Hybrid. Mabye luck was on his side. "I got into a fight with a rogue wolf and ah...Well long story short, he gave me this scar," said Pendzez as he turned his head to show Jeffers his scar.

"It's an eat-or-be-eaten world out there. If you lose your leg or your eye, you have to figure out how to keep up with those who haven't. Keep close to your packmates and you'll keep all your limbs." Pendzez agreed with the hybrid about that. If he makes a wrong move, he could be lunch for the birds. Pendzez nodded his head at Jeffers to show that he agreed with him about the matter.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... F-head.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc291

Jefferson had to pause to think to himself for a brief moment. He'd never considered himself an orphan, just a loner; he wasn't sure if his parents were actually dead or not. His memories only tracked back a couple years, when he'd woken up covered in bruises and blood from a horrible scrap. The hybrid couldn't remember what had caused it or whom it was with, but his eye had been useless at that point and his leg soon not long after. His parents could have been anywhere in the world or they could have been dead... not a pang of guilt ran through his system. His heart did not pound and his breathing did not stop. "I don't really care what happened to them or where they are," he shrugged, suddenly grimfully serious as his one-eyed glare set on the white-furred male. "They could be alive or dead. I've never needed them; I don't give a damn." An ear twitched when he realized how touchy Pendzez seemed to be about his croaked parents; the hybrid scoffed and raised his eye to the sky with a smirk. "Don't start crying." A jerk, he could be.

"Live and die. That's been the plan for most people," he shrugged, "save the couple out there who consider killing and murder a way of life. It's more than that; I pity you for such a mindset." Some wise words, coming from the loner who teetered between life and death every day of his life for years. "Develop something new, kid, and I don't mean scars. You've been living for a year now, yeah? Figure out what means most to you, and live for it." He might have shared his own, if he'd know what was.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... _Table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC:247

"I don't really care what happened to them or where they are. They could be alive or dead. I've never needed them; I don't give a damn." That was unexpected. Pendzez thought that the hybrid would at least say that he had good parents that raised him well, but the way he spoke, it sounded like he hated them. This didn't upset the snow white wolf, but it did make him uneasy. Upon the wolves he met so far, he never heard of anyone saying that they didn't care about his parents. "Bummer." Bummer? That's all Pendzez could come up with? Pendzez said just that simple word without even thinking. That was wierd.

"Live and die. That's been the plan for most people, save the couple out there who consider killing and murder a way of life. It's more than that; I pity you for such a mindset. Develop something new, kid, and I don't mean scars. You've been living for a year now, yeah? Figure out what means most to you, and live for it." Ignoring the concept of not crying, Pendzez didn't understand what Jeffer meant about mindset. Not only that, but also the idea of finding something that important to himself and live for it. Pendzez didn't what there was. He doesn't have a family, or mate. What was he going to live for? "Finding something important and living for it? Easier said than done. I don't have anything, or anyone worth living for."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... F-head.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc333

It was when Pendzez said he had nothing to live for that Jefferson really snapped away from his lazy morning daze. His ears perked immediately, not to mention that the wolf's brows furrowed and he snapped through another twig and spit it out quickly to the side. He leaned forward, planting a large open palm on the ground as his voice raised. "Listen to me, you wide-eyed whelp: I didn't spend two-and-a-half years meandering around the wilderness to hear someone perfectly healthy put me in my place about how to live one's life." His fangs bared in speaking--the fact that he'd flared up so suddenly was absent from his mind. It took an innocent, naive yearling like Pendzez to flare up an old gimp like he when it came to philosophies on life. The inexperienced never knew how to speak. "Don't you open your pup-yapper and tell me you don't have anything to live for. That's some serious bullshit you're throwing around."

Jefferson laid his good hand on his bad arm and cursed beneath his breath for losing his temper, though it was nothing compared to what could have been released. He lowered his voice, as gruff and grim as it had so suddenly become. "Keep your yap shut a minute," he said, refocusing his eye on the white yearling. "Your four legs are still working. Your eyes are fine. You were brought up well. You found a place to live when you didn't have one before. You never did what I did--live for the moment in time. Don't turn into a sorry old gimp like me, kid. The way you sparked up earlier says your family is important to you--then keep that going." His eye strayed. When had he become such a lecturer? He didn't really care what the kid did, did he? "You don't have a family or a mate, is what you're thinking. Then use that. Start living for your own future, damnit. Don't screw up your life wishing you tried."
[/html]
[html]

WC: 344

"Listen to me, you wide-eyed whelp: I didn't spend two-and-a-half years meandering around the wilderness to hear someone perfectly healthy put me in my place about how to live one's life." Pendzez was just opening his mouth to continue what he was going to add on the living for subject, until the hybrid just snapped out in anger. Pendzez didn't know if it was something he said, or if he sort of snapped at Jefferson. Pendzez didn't snap in anyway. He was just saying that he had nothing to live. Mabye that was the reason why Jefferson was angry. "Don't you open your pup-yapper and tell me you don't have anything to live for. That's some serious bullshit you're throwing around." Jefferson snapped again. Pendzez was like in silence. He didn't know what to say to Jeffers. This seemed like a real problem.

"Keep your yap shut a minute, your four legs are still working. Your eyes are fine. You were brought up well. You found a place to live when you didn't have one before. You never did what I did--live for the moment in time. Don't turn into a sorry old gimp like me, kid. The way you sparked up earlier says your family is important to you--then keep that going. You don't have a family or a mate, is what you're thinking. Then use that. Start living for your own future, damnit. Don't screw up your life wishing you tried." Pendzez remained silent as Jefferson snapped again, this time acting more like a teacher. A very strict teacher. The snow white wolf listened to what the hybrid said, wondering about the subject in question. Pendzez heard that he shouldn't become like Jefferson, a sorry old gimp. Bingo! Pendzez could see why he was like that. At first, he wasn't like that. It wasobvious he had something to live for, but lost it. Pendzez looked from the ground to Jefferson, and asked, "Who did you loose?" It was clear that the hybrid loved someone, but was taken away from him.
[/html]
[html]

wc283

escape is never the safest path

Who had he lost? No one. There had never been anyone to lose in the first place, let along regret losing months or years later. A long paused spanned between them as the question was put aside rather hastily; hadn't Pendzez heard a word he'd said? The focus here was not on him, it was on the white-furred yearling. For a moment he was annoyed, but the feeling passed. Pendzez was just a kid, still--he didn't know what Jefferson was talking about. It probably mattered very little to him to be lectured and the like, and since Jefferson wasn't pleased with lecturing, he laid his judgments and efforts to rest for the time being. Pendzez didn't need his help, evidently.

"Nobody," he replied sternly, green eye glowing as it grimly affixed on the white wolf. "I never had anybody but myself. These scars are all self-inflicted." No, not that he had purposely hurt himself, but more that he had never listened to his conscience and gotten himself out of the way of trouble. For years, Jefferson had set himself up for pain and misery, and not once did he purposely dodge out of it. He stood right in the middle of it. He regretted it. His memories were of no use, but creating memories was different. Jefferson still had a chance to end up somehow... happy. Whether or not he decided to grasp that was, inevitably, another story."You're all alone now, other than this pack," he grumbled, straightening his back as he pushed back against the trunk of the tree. Suddenly, his mood was so foul. "Don't end up and old gimp like me with no one to remember. Make that your passion, kid."

[/html]