White + Red = Platypus
[html]

What her sister had said to her had definitely had some effect, but it wasn't enough to keep her from wandering back. She was like a kid in a candy store; once she'd started hanging around Inferni's borders she just couldn't stop coming back for more. Ember had been considered to be a spy for Dahlia de Mai when she had lived there, and it actually felt kind of good to be back in that sort of business. She didn't really have anything to lose, either; she knew what she had come for and what to expect. What might happen. A spy with no reserves was the best kind of spy.

But what was she spying for, exactly? She didn't even know, completely. She knew she wanted to find Hybrid. Had to find Hybrid. He'd do it for her, surely. But she couldn't get caught by any of the other members. It had to be him, and only him. The dark female stood outside the borders, pacing back and forth, preparing herself. It was a dark night, but light shone in glittery facets off of the layer of snow that lay untouched before her. Would she even recognize him when she saw him? It had been such a long time ago. Or, at least, it felt like a long time to her. So much had happened since then.

A loud crack echoed through the stand of trees and she stopped pacing, standing still and looking out into the darker portions of the woods with wide eyes. Nothing. A bird, maybe, or some other night time creature. She wasn't sure why she was even acting so paranoid. Maybe it was the weather. Everything here was quiet, almost unnaturally so.

[/html]
[html]

The thread title made me laugh. <3

i heard they say the boy's missing

He did not know for how long he had been trailing her. What had begun as a game soon became an obsession. Perhaps it was a form of fun; perhaps a form of punishment. Whatever the reason, Hybrid had restrained himself, held himself in check for some time, refusing to attack and kill the girl. He had watched her silently from the shadows, following her as she moved through the Sugarwoods and closer to Inferni territory. Although this was a concern-- that she would, for some reason, approach Inferni's boundaries looking for trouble-- he was certain he would bring her down before this could occur. As such, he kept his distance, waiting for the right time to come. If he was patient, the reward would be so much greater in the end.

He kept his footfalls silent as he moved through the undergrowth, snaking his way around and under plants and trees alike. He hid under the upturned roots of a tree that had been viciously shaken from the ground, watching her for a few moments from this hiding place. He saw her tense in response to a sound off in the distance, and knew it was the right time. He moved from his place beneath the thick roots, approaching her swiftly from her right side. He greeted her with a false smile and a mad twinkle in his eye, fangs bared perplexingly, as if to offer both sanctity and pain. "Hey little kitten, have you lost your way?"

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
haha! And did you notice, our tables' color schemes are sort of the same :o

She'd tried once before to off herself, but she'd been caught. This time it might seem like an attack, like an accident...and maybe they wouldn't worry as much. Or, if Hybrid did eventually tell someone else about it, he would say that she had been asking for it. And he wouldn't be lying. Ember wondered how much it would hurt to die--if it would be very, very painful, or if she might just slip off into unconciousness. Maybe if she got him to injure her enough she could just find somewhere to bleed out. But any way she could think of, pain seemed to always be a part of it. Maybe he could push her off a cliff. That wouldn't be so painful...unless she lived through it.

It was during that thought that she saw him coming toward her from the darkness. Very suddenly, her heart started to beat faster. She fought the urge to back away from him. This was what she had come here for! It was what she had been waiting for. What would be the best way to get him to do what she wanted, though? Insults? Being bold? Acting afraid? She didn't know. "Yes. You should help me find my way."

[/html]
[html]

It must be fate; there is no other plausible explanation!

The child was broken, maybe even missing the stitching that kept all the fluff inside of her from falling out. He was certain one of her button eyes had fallen off some time ago, but did not care enough to inform her of this. He was certain she would notice this eventually. Or, perhaps, she would suffer through it, ignorant and unaware. Yes, that would be best-- she deserved to suffer for all her dirty tricks. It was not just that she was a wolf-- no, Hybrid had a personal vendetta against the child. He had marked her for death, and he refused to allow her to escape. He would be her downfall one day, like so many others.

His grin faltered, quickly turning into a grimace; no reaction. There was a short pause and? And? (Finally, something)-- she flinched when she saw him, eyes widening slightly. His grin returned, but just as soon disappeared. He curled his lip in disgust, peering down at the other creature. What a terrible pickup line. "Sorry, I don't do chicks," he replied matter-of-factly, feeling a little sick.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
Wheee, this is fun. XDDDD

As soon as he spoke a different emotion came--confusion. And frustration. He thought she wanted him to have sex with her?! Eew. Gross. Definitely not. Not that Ember didn't like males...but she had a feeling that Hybrid just wasn't her cup of tea, as far as intimacy went. "That's disgusting. I didn't mean THAT." She verified, scowling. How could he have taken it that way, anyway? She hadn't mentioned sex in any way shape or form.

"I came here to ask you a favor. And NOT a sexual favor. One I think you might like...even more than that." She swallowed, still frowning a little. "I thought I remembered you saying something about...killing me the next time you saw me. When I grabbed my cousin away from you."

[/html]
[html]

Indeed. >Big Grin Lol dictionary definition. Do love. 8D

Hybrid immediately snarled in response to her words, taking a step closer and raising his head slightly. Disgusting? Disgusting? The disgusting one here was her, this pitiful little female wolf, with nothing to offer or give him. A stupid wolf, a stupid female-- she was useless and disgusting, but somehow she thought he was the one who was "offensive to the physical, moral, or aesthetic taste"? Hybrid seethed, barely registering her words the first time she said them. A favour? Who the fuck did he owe any favours to? And why... (hold on...) oh, fuck, right-- wait for it-- he owed her (something) and she wanted it. He understood. He wanted to take him up on his generous offer of death.

Hah; a favour. If anything, he had marked her for death. She was really just looking for an easy suicide. Well, maybe not too easy-- after all, murder was supposed to hurt. "Gladly," he replied. Just as soon as the word had been uttered, he moved, darting low and twisting around so he could attack her from the side and use her own weight to force her to the ground. He leapt at her, fangs bared and Secui claws outstretched to grasp her neck between his teeth and rip it out.

Hybrid would be glad to be of service.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
Haha, Ember's a freak :x and lol dictionary XD

He didn't look like he was enjoying what she said, but she couldn't figure out why. Just because she'd said that she wasn't here for sex? Well, if he really wanted it he could have it...but only after he did what he was supposed to do. When he jumped toward her she instinctively pulled back, but his teeth hit near the mark anyway--she heard a snapping sound as something broke, a sudden pain. Ah.

She was on the ground, then, one arm beneath her. "Mm..." So this was what it felt like. Dying. Once you got past the hurting part...there was some peace. "Keep going." She managed. "Sorry for fighting. I don't want to fight. I want you to just...do it. I won't fight again."

[/html]
[html]

O I NOE. Necrophilia, srsly? SRSLY? 8| -disapproves!-

It was at the moment of contact that Hybrid realized where his extreme level of disgust came from. He tended to hate all females, wolves, and female wolves equally (unless marked for death), but for some time, he had been unable to decipher why this female angered him more than usual. She was weak; she had come to him asking for her own death. Somehow, this very action made her life worth so much less to Hybrid, and for a moment, he wondered if it would even be worth killing her.

He nearly let go at the thought. Of course not, of course not. Every death was worth it. It was, fuck, it was. (But who was he convincing now?) Hybrid growled, annoyed with himself, determined to follow through with this. No matter how little her life was worth, even to her, it was still worth taking, wasn't it? For some reason, the thought left him hollow and empty, and for some reason, this only served to fuel his anger.

He felt his teeth make contact and heard the not-so-subtle crunch as a bone gave way under pressure. Fuck, it was worth it. Fuck, fuck fuck, and she was fucking talking. He continued his barrage of attacks, stabbing and swiping at the girl with his claws, loosening his hold with his teeth only to shout, "SHUT THE FUCK UP," and continue on.

Table by Mel!
[/html]
[html]
Yarrr. You remind me of Meredith and Izzy from Grey's Anatomy. :] SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLYYYY. And srsly, Tay time?

Ember didn't know what would happen or how it would happen, but she tried to prepare herself for it. What would the afterlife be like? Better than this place, that was certain.

She tried to keep still, closing her eyes. It was easier when she couldn't see him, couldn't tell where he was going to go at next. Soon the pain didn't even register any more; she felt numb. When she did open her eyes the world was spinning, and she closed them again and tried to relax. He would know what places were best to bite at and rip out. But maybe he didn't want her to die immediately--maybe he wanted her to suffer. Maybe she didn't care.

[/html]
[html]
TAY TO THE RESCUE 8D

She had heard the commotion, the subtle shuffle of claws as they hit the earth, the scrape of paws coming in contact with the ground, but she could scarcely believe it. She stood there for a few moments just watching as the girl didn't even bother to fight back, as the male shouted at her, demanding silence. It almost looked like a rape-in-progress, or even a murder.

Shit. She suddenly snapped to attention, then just as quickly began her descent down the side of a gently sloping hill, barreling into the male canine at a high speed. He flew back a few feet, his mass comparatively less than Tayui's in Secui form. The coyote was also in his Secui form, but was by no means anywhere near as large as Tayui was. The male didn't move, and for a moment, Tayui worried she might have killed him. She snarled at him to check; no response.

Ember. It had not registered until now that Ember had been the one being attacked, and oh god-- there was blood, blood everywhere. She cast a glance toward the coyote; he was still down. He must have hit his head against the tree when Tayui had sent him flying. Good. "Ember, hurry, we've got to get out of here before he wakes up," she said, casting another worried glance towards the male. Hurry, hurry, hurry, she pleaded silently. "I'll carry you if you need me to-- do you need me to carry you? I can shift in... to my Optime form." There was a slight pause, the last few words were said with more certainty, with more confidence. She would not let Ember die. Not after she had let Skoll die.

[/html]
[html]

No. No way. This could not be happening; not again. The last time it had been Cercelee who had found her, and now it was another of her ex-leaders. Why didn't they all just leave her alone? What, were they stalking her or something? Either way, she definitely didn't appreciate the attention. And after all the work it had taken to find Hybrid and get up the courage to ask him what she had wanted to ask him, too. Now all that was ruined.

She managed a low growl as Tayui came forward, even though she knew that it was useless. Hybrid was off of her, she realized, as she opened her eyes and looked around from her position down on the ground. "Why the hell are you here? I thought I picked a good spot. No--don't touch me! Just GO AWAY." She tried to pull herself backwards, using both arms, but cried out. Her entire left side was blazing with pain, and her vision swam. Things came back into focus a moment later, though, and she tried to pull herself backwards again, only using her right arm. There was something sticky on her hands, something wet, but she didn't stop to look down and see what it was. "Just go. Please."

[/html]
[html]
For some reason, Ember seemed to be displeased. At first, Tayui wondered if she was just rattled from the attack and couldn't think straight, or that perhaps this coyote had been telling her things and making her believe things that weren't true. Perhaps he had threatened her? Blackmailed her? Tayui couldn't even begin to imagine why this girl would want her gone, why she didn't want Tayui to touch her, why....?

Tayui snarled, annoyed that the girl had growled at her, annoyed that all of this was happening. Tayui would not let her die, no matter what. No matter... no matter how much the girl had wanted it. Tayui frowned; could that be it? Had Ember wanted this to happen? Had it been by chance, a welcomed attack...? Tayui shook her head, refusing to think that. No, Ember wouldn't do that, she had no reason to. She was happy, wasn't she? (But how could she know?) Tayui looked away for a moment, gazing at the limp body of the clan member. She sighed, then looked back at Ember, imploring for the dark-hued girl to understand. "I'm sorry I wasn't there before. But I'll be here for you now," she replied softly, ignoring the girl's demands, but nonetheless acknowledging them.

[/html]
[html]

"Take me home" She begged. "I just want to go home.." But she didn't really have a home, not any more. Ember knew that she would be welcomed in Phoenix Valley, Dahlia de Mai, or Crimson Dreams...but she didn't feel right joining any of those places. Storm had been the one place that she had really felt welcomed, part of the group...the pack had been her family. Maybe it was that she was distancing herself from the others in the packs that she had lived in since then...she didn't know. But none of them had brought the same feelings that Storm had.

Ember was feeling weaker and weaker, and the world was starting to look fuzzier and fuzzier the longer she kept her eyes open."Take me home to Storm" She whispered, the last portion of her sentence turning into a groan.

[/html]
[html]
Take me home. I just want to go home. Tayui said nothing in response, and for a few seconds, remained silent and still, not even indicating she had heard the girl. It was a complete change, from Ember telling her to leave, to go, to not touch her, to... to what? She was asking for Tayui's help. She could help the girl, she knew it, she knew it. Tayui nodded slowly, and glanced over at the form of the fallen coyote. Still unconscious (they were still safe). She turned back to Ember, pausing for a moment. "Yes," she replied, nuzzling the girl affectionately. She could help her.

Take me home to Storm. Tayui shook her head slowly, knowing this could never happen. Both this Ember and the previous one had loved Storm, but for both of them, it was short lived. "Let's go, to a new home," she replied quietly, nudging the girl gently with her snout. "Come on, we don't have much time."

[/html]
[html]
Woo!! End this one with your post?

"I can't..."She could barely keep her eyes open, barely keep focused. What was the ground, and what was the sky? She had no idea. Maybe the ground was gray today, and the sky a darker shade. "Ah.." She groaned when Tayui touched her, her body beginning to shake. She felt weak and dizzy now, moreso than before. "I can't get up"

[/html]
[html]
Whoo! :]

Ember was wavering in and out of consciousness, which was not a good sign. If she had a concussion, she would have to stay awake for at least 24 hours, and if she fell asleep, well, Tayui didn't think she'd be able to bring the girl with her. She didn't think she was strong enough to carry a fully-grown luperci, even if she was in her lupus form. Tayui inhaled slowly, then exhaled, trying to think of a solution. She couldn't carry Ember in her Optime form, but perhaps in her Secui form...? Tayui frowned, then nodded quickly. "Okay, I'll help you. But you need to stay awake," she replied as she shifted into her Secui form. The process took a few minutes; her heart was racing so fast, her mind ill at ease, that she was unable to focus on creating the new form for herself. She growled quietly, annoyed, and inhaled slowly, trying to calm her nerves. A few more minutes passed and she was ready.

"Okay," she said, moving around the girl and ducking under the girl's legs. She remained low, moving to position herself directly underneath Ember. Then, she stood up, trying to balance the girl on her back. She staggered, and tried to move, but had to plant her feet in the ground so she did not fall. Determined, she clenched her jaw and began to advance, slowly, slowly. She couldn't walk very fast, for Ember was very, very heavy, but she would be able to make it back to Aniwaya. She would.

[/html]