I can hear your heart rustling
[html]
http://i36.tinypic.com/23tqi2r.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 448px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #20466A;">
Watch the skyscrapers as they melt away
      She had not been there long, however, it did not take too much time for one to notice the high presence of elk in the reserve. It seemed as though the creatures had flourished, unperturbed by the changes the world had gone through, and restricted only by wire and fencing. In fact, the creatures seemed quite content, if a little skittish (for Tayui suspected they were not used to encountering wolves), seeming to sway from docility to apathy to curiosity to fear. The last came soon enough, and the reason was obvious; it seemed as though other wolves had begun to take advantage of their large population, for she had come across the remains of an elk, strayed about on the ground. It had been picked apart by the wolves and then the scavenging animals that followed, however, the kill was fresh enough for Tayui to be able to claim some of it for herself. It had been yesterday that she had found the elk, and was still feeling quite satisfied from the meal. She had managed to catch a rabbit earlier that morning as well.

Of the many places she had been in the recent days, Serena Reserve and Shiloh Hills had become her favourite places to frequent. The lake in the hills was so calming and peaceful; she was constantly returning to the place she had met Anu. Serena Reserve, too, held a sort of melancholy quietness, but was a serene, cheerful place nonetheless. Tayui was unsure how she might explain this paradox, but she truly hoped no one would ask.

She smiled quietly to herself as she made her way through the reserve, heading east so she would soon cross into Shiloh Hills. The wind whispered, impatiently and with a degree of ferocity she had not heard in days. Indeed, these lands were tranquil; she felt so at ease here.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... -eagle.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
Crap post, but hey Tongue

For a long time now, the red-coated male had explored the areas around their camp, despite how their leaders didn't seem to be able to make up their minds regarding whether to stay here or not. This day they would land on the decision to move on, the next they had changed their minds. Whilst they were thinking and going to and fro on their decisions, the male had already concluded that he wished to stay here, and thus impatiently awaited some sort of clear answer from the leadership. In the meantime he revisited the areas he had found most appealing so far, to investigate them some more. One would always find new and interesting things to look at, and with Gvihita soaring high above him with an extra pair of really keen eyes, they were bound to find at least something interesting. And lo and behold, before long an olfactory sensation revealed to him that he was not alone around serena reserve, and it spurred an excitement in him; he'd seen a lot of the areas and the nature in them, but only one inhabitant, so far. Immediately deciding to follow the scent, he quickly found himself face-to-face with a female, this one a wolfess, unlike Leland. Startled after taking a quick glance at her eyes, who were of different colors, he looked down onto the ground, not knowing what to do or say, and afraid to appear to be staring at her. She was quite friendly-looking, however, despite the scar on her face, and it was only the fear of breaking some social politeness rule that caused him to act as he did. She just didn't look like anyone he'd ever seen, that was all.

[/html]
[html]
http://i36.tinypic.com/23tqi2r.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 448px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #20466A;">
      It seemed as though Tayui had been so caught up in her own thoughts that she had not noticed the presence of another wolf. She silently reprimanded herself, rather annoyed she had not caught his scent earlier. She vaguely recalled noticing the presence of another creature, but had disregarded that observation too quickly. The other canine had appeared quite suddenly, and looked rather surprised to see her there. He stared at her for a few seconds, unabashedly examining her. Tayui wondered if this was supposed to make her feel uncomfortable. She tilted her head to one side, returning his stare, wondering who he was.

She never thought to smile, however, her eyes were warm as she greeted him with a quick, yet firm, "Hello." She paused, wondering if there was a need to say anything else. For a moment, she wondered if this male was the reason for the elk carcass; perhaps he lived here? Curiosity piqued, she inquired, "do you live here? I hope I'm not intruding." She added the last bit as an afterthought, only realizing that this may be lands in the process of being claimed. Perhaps by that Aniwaya tribe? She had seen them around this area, but had never thought it might be their future home.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... -eagle.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">

It seemed that the femme did not notice his awkwardness, and thus much of it simply disappeared. While looking down, however, he spotted the dead body of an elk (he had not spotted it before), which the other had probably been feasting on. As Dawali then realized his intrusion into someone else's mealtime, the awkwardness quickly settled on him again. Hopefully, though, she would not notice, and he collected himself within seconds, lifting his eyes to meet her strangely-colored set of orbs as she spoke. Her greeting was not alike the one of Leland's, but then again Leland had seemed as an overall happy kind of guy, more so than the average person. Dawali very nearly drew his breath to return the greeting before she spoke again, in a polite and still friendly manner, this time presenting him with a question. The male glanced upwards for a split second, then back again onto the stranger in front of him, wondering why Gvihita never offered him her help when he needed her (being social wasn't exactly what he was best at), but at other times forced her wisdom on him. She was useless now, though, high up in the sky as she was.

"Hello". He paused, perhaps for too long. He was shy, and meeting new persons always put him off to some degree. And females intimidated him as well. Overall it was not a good combination, and not in the current situation in particular. "I'm Dawali Amara, and yes, I hope to live here, someday. Perhaps not at this exact spot, but somewhere around the area, I guess. I don't currently, though, so feel free." To top off his remarkable skill at interacting with strangers, the red-furred male threw on a smile that was meant to be simply polite, but ended up being quite sheepish instead. Yellow eyes framed by his warm-colored pelt stared at her, awaiting whatever questions she might have for him next.

[/html]
[html]
      She had seen this male before; she was quite certain of it. He must be from Aniwaya, for she had not-so-stealthily eavesdropped on one of their meetings, and had eventually found them again. The second time, she had spoken with the one who appeared to be the leader of the group, a pitch-black female who seemed like the perfect visual antithesis to Tayui's off-white coat. The male, too, had been there; she was certain of it. He had arrived after she had, and for a moment, she wondered why she had not recognized him sooner. Indeed, his name sounded like it might belong to such a tribe, and his words only convinced her further.

She chuckled quietly as his words finally registered. It took her a second to realize how nervous he sounded, though, she was not sure why. "I'm Tayui Aston," she replied with a small smile and a slight tilt of her head. "Are you hoping to make this your home here, with Aniwaya? I know I'm hoping to," she finished with a light laugh.

[/html]
[html]

sorry for the long wait Sad
Crap, posted as my main character >_<

She spoke her name, and suddenly the femme looked quite a lot more familiar to him than she had done only seconds ago. Of course, he had seen her before, not that long ago. He had had his mind full of thoughts at the time, and paid more attention to what the tribe leader had been saying, than what the stranger that approached them had to say. She had simply slipped out of his memory; it happened more and more frequently lately. Perhaps he was getting old, who knew. The realization that he already knew this one caused his embarrassment to blossom again, feeling stupid for not recognizing her. She had made no signal that she recognized him though, which he comforted himself with. Again the blessed redness of his furs covered for him as he attempted to just let it pass as if he didn't notice his mistake at all. The male had no idea whether it was successful, and a good eye could probably spot the widening, then "normalization" of his eyes, and then a quick glance upwards. He did that when he felt unease, without knowing it, directing his eyes to Gvihita, and if she was not there then his eyes glanced to where he assumed she was. She was no help today, was she?

Yeah I think we've decided that this place is ideal, should we end up settling here. You intend to join us, right? Less words, less confusion. His brain was confused.

[/html]
[html]
      No worries. (:
      She nodded slowly, quietly in reply to the male's words. She too had found that this place would be quite suitable for a pack. The fluid tranquillity of the area was soothing, almost healing. It seemed as though the sounds and sights moved with Tayui as she moved, flowing and interacting ever so subtly. It wasn't like other places where the direct surroundings were so obvious and unwelcoming. This place was so unlike some of the lands on Bleeding Souls, most notably Âmes de la Mort. Tayui recalled having visited there before, feeling torn as to whether she liked it or not. The few she had met there had been ill at ease, uncomfortable in a place where the death was rotting and withering away. It was as if everything had died, and even in a state of such perpetual sorrow, it continued to wither. If anything, the reserve was the complete antithesis to Âmes de la Mort. That thought alone brought Tayui comfort.

She remained silent for a few moments, mulling over Dawali's words. She watched him as he shuffled quietly, glancing at her every so often, and then looking up at the sky-- perhaps expecting someone (or something?) Although his behaviour was rather curious, Tayui chose not to enquire about it. "I do hope so. Your leader has not tried to dissuade me, and thus far, I've found this area to be quite nice. I should like to stay here, if I could, even if I do not know much about your lifestyle." She paused, then asked, "would you mind telling me a bit about your tribe, or your way of life?" She had heard many stories, but had yet to confirm the truth for herself. This would be a good time to do so.

[/html]
[html]

Exams are finally over, now I can focus a bit more Smile Haven't written in some time, I get rambly, sorry! Tongue

So his memory did not fail him completely after all. Perhaps he was getting old, despite not having had more than two litters. His mind had felt somewhat ripped after the death of his wife, and he leaned on Gvihita so much more than he had. And even back then, she had been jealous of the bird. She should have known that Dawali, of all people, knew very well how the bond between a tribe member and their guardian spirit worked, and no such thing as romantic love could ever evolve from it. She should have known, but they had argued nevertheless. His mind flowed absently around the thought for a split second, before shaking it off and trying to compose a good answer for the miss. Still, he felt unease at the oddness of her eyes, but tried to meet them, brave as he liked to think he was. Gvihita should have been here. Honestly.

Well.. I don't know how you live, and what you find precious in the world, but we focus on family. Our tribe consists of mostly two different family trees and some joiners due to mateship. Once a member has found a mate, you see, they promise to stay with each other forever, and must choose to either stay in the pack or leave it. They're a unit, so they cannot live separate lives. Why he had mentioned this part of their tradition first, he did not know, but quickly pressed on so as to get past the awkwardness of talking of romantic subjects. That wife of his, and the things she still did to his mind... We have deep traditions and laws for most things.. They're basically how we lead our lives. But telling you about them all would take a very, very long time. The essence of us is family, though, be they dead or still alive. Finishing it off with a smile, Dawali thought this sounded awfully... girly. They also had long traditions and techniques on hunting and other more masculine subjects, but no, he hadn't mentioned them, had he. This whole conversation was becoming a disaster. As he mentally scorned himself for the stupidity of his words, claws bit into his left shoulder, and his spirit guide was there. She'd been there all along, probably. Sneaky little thing. She's got weird eyes, the bird stated. Despite knowing that Gvihita would not notice at all, Dawali shook the shoulder she was on, attempting to punish her for her bluntness. Good thing the miss hadn't heard her. Seconds passed, and suddenly a change came over her. Dawali realized she was making herself visible to the light-pelted femme - a rare action from any spirit guide. Perhaps she sought to teach Tayui more about that part of them, too.

[/html]
[html]
      No problem. Also, I had a strange rule 34 mental image. I think Gvihita would top. :>
      There was a slight pause between the question and the answer, a quiet lull in the conservation before the male began to speak. In the absence of speech, Tayui felt the winds pick up for a moment, sending a solitary maple leaf their way, orange and red. It whipped past and disappeared just as Dawali began to speak once more. Tayui nodded slowly as he explained their mateship rituals, which appeared to be rooted in tradition in contrast to the more political mateships of her past packs. Although she had taken a mate at one point, and even found children to call her own, it seemed as though the entire process would have been different had she been a part of Aniwaya. She did, however, remain with Shaeniire for as long as possible, and even sometime after.
"How long is forever? Until death?" She was curious what such a bond might entail, if she would have been bound to Shaeniire after the female's death and return as a ghost, or if it ended upon the others' death.

She paused for a moment, unsure if her question had been appropriate. If family was everything, what did it make her? She had found Agani and Ember, one who had once been her own, and another who might very well be her own (if she could help it). She had no mate, but she'd sought comfort in the warm embrace of a male. She had a family, but not one that would voluntarily associate with her. In fact, Tayui didn't even know where her sister Aurèle was, or if any of her other siblings were still alive. Could she ever belong in such a pack?

[/html]
[html]

I fail at life and I am terribly sorry. Need more inspiration for this guy :/
what do you mean by "strange rule 34 mental image." by the way? Tongue
... and I posted as Mew. Again.

Gvihita sat still on his shoulder, waiting to get spotted, and Dawali was certain he felt some amount of disappointment when she was not. The bird probably expected a big fuss, and when it did not happen she - apparently - started sulking. But she sat there nonetheless, claws digging into his shoulder, true and visible for anyone to see. He glanced at her a second, and thought about the femme's question. Traditionally, the mateship is the most lasting relationship there was. But there was for example no problem in Dawali finding a new wife now that he was widowed. Divorce wasn't that common, but it happened, and it'd be settled looking at what the family needed, he supposed. There had been no divorces as he had experienced in the tribe so far. Thus many couples spent a lot of time thinking about mateship, not wanting to make hurried decisions when it was such a binding agreement. In a way, sort of. But our ways of dealing with death are probably way different than what you are used to. He would know, since it was his main work in the tribe. But I mean, you can split up a mateship if both parts really want it, but then there'd be questions about where one should belong afterwards, and their children as well. I guess it's made that way to make sure that people really work hard to live well together, you know? It seemed strict, but it wasn't really. Not if you gave your decisions enough thought beforehand, and spoke to your partner about your worries and fears. There were not-so-happy couples in the tribe among those who hadn't arrived yet, but they pulled through for their children, most of the time. When they had any, anyways.

[/html]
[html]
      Didn't want to leave this hanging!
      Tayui tilted her head to one side as she listened, both frowning and smiling at the same time. It was difficult to take this all in and to expand her mind to accept it all, to believe everything he was saying. It wasn't as if he was lying to her -- it was all so foreign to her that it would take some getting used to. She had anticipated this, but it still did not make it any easier. It would take time, but Tayui had all the time in the world.

"I have all my life to learn about death," she noted with a small, saccharine smile. She had seen it enough times to know its different forms, seen the aftermath and the calculations that followed that, too. She had seen the ghosts of her friends, her lover, and her family. She had been mistaken once, and only once. "Perhaps you could tell me more about that. I held a co-rank in my past packs that denoted my affiliation with spirits and the afterlife," she added, then nodded her head toward the edge of Aniwaya. Perhaps they could continue their conversation farther in the borders and well into the night.

[/html]