back in time, but only in my mind - p jazper
[html]

"Out, out damn spot!" Geneva growled, and then she sneezed. The Optime-formed wolfess gently closed the copy of Macbeth and pushed it aside. She was seated on the floor cross legged, with the worn copy of the Shakespearian play laid on the floor in front of her. The stone hued femme was in rare form today and had been reading aloud from the play for several hours. Instead of neatly reading from the tome, she had flipped through the pages, stopping at her favorite parts to lend Lady Macbeth her voice.

"Unsex me here and fill me from the crown to the - achoo!" Another sneeze roared from her sinus cavities as she tried to recite her favorite lines from memory. She sniffled then thought about all the time she had spent in the rain the last few days. Although she had spent the time well, acquainting herself with the lay of the land and meeting many of her pack members, she had to admit that she had overdone it a little. Her body was definitely in better shape, but she was not one hundred percent ready to launch herself back into the regular run of life. Her immune system had been compromised when her body had suffered the trauma of miscarriage.

"...Unsex me and fill me from the crown to the toe topful of direst cruelty!' Oh blast it all! the femme laughed and sputtered before she sneezed again. She couldn't help laughing at how ridiculous she sounded. And she was certainly glad there was no one around to witness her foolishness. Or so she thought.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ztable.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do! (OOC area.)

The sun was high in the sky but Jazper was feeling on egde. His parents where back together, almost btu in a different pack. how had they gone from being a family in Twilight Vale to the hree seperating to Duece and Lucifer taking residence in Phionex Valley while Jazz stuck around Crimson Dreams? He knew the answer, he always had. Deuce was independent, Lucifer was untameable, and Jazper was adopted. The only thing that kept them together was thier love for eachother and as Jazper grew he realized his fathers flaws and didn't feel he had anyone to impress anymore. He had grown into his own and he wasn't Lucifer or his real father Ares. He was simply Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. He had six parents in his life and he wans't any of them as he had thought he'd be. Sure he had learned compassion form his real mother Taka Angel, determination form his real father Ares Knight, forgivness from Pilot Hadden, love from Dierdre Rhiannon, reading, writing and a sense of belonging to a family from Deuce Rhiannon, and finally hunting, fighting and how to be confident in yourself from Lucifer Sawtoothson. It was through his many parents he had become who he was, himself.

His mind had been turning since his talk with his parents. With a sigh he opened one of the two large doors leading to the libary. This was his quite place, where he could think, play piano, write, and read. He had cleaned it up to perfection since they moved here form the old lands. His ears perked up at a womens voice, unfamiliar. A growl started in his throat as he noticed a giggling grey wolfess in his library. A quick sniff subsided his growl to a grumble, the stranger had obviously been here for a few days. His gold eyes regarded her as he stood tall, exposing his abnormal large size. He wasn't someone you would wish to fight standing at atleast 8"3 he was massive and broad. A warrior. "Hello?" It was a question not a simple greeting. Who was this girl, when did she arrive and how come she was in his library?

[/html]
[html]
Lime-green eyes snapped to the doorway. She blinked when she saw a very large dark form darkening the doorway. He seemed massive. She blinked again to make sure her mind wasn't playing tricks on her. The wolf before her was tall, dark, and almost larger than life, at least to Geneva. He towered over her, dwarfing her small, slight form. Sniffling, Geneva pulled herself from the floor and rose to her oh-so impressive 5'3". There wouldn't be any glaring down at her nose at him. It was impossible.

She regarded him coolly. She did not have a good sense of smell to rely on. Gaining information about this stranger proved to be a challenge. She figured a few questions probably wouldn't be the best way to glean information from him. He didn't seem particularly chatty. Instead she observed how familiar he was, standing in the library. In fact he acted as though she was the intruder. It dawned on her that he was most likely one of her packmates.

The small boned wolfess walked forward purposefully, eyeing Jazper up and down, sizing him up until she was standing right in front of him. "Hello," she said firmly, but then her face split into a smile. "My name is Geneva Stockholm. I've only been part of Crimson Dreams for a short time, but as you can see, I've made myself quite familiar with the library."
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ztable.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

As the wolfess stood he almost laughed. Why bother getting defensive when everyone was always so small in this pack? He stood still, watching and taking in every move she made. It wasn't that he was trying to be rude he was just not use to anyone from the pack being in the library except maybe a visit in the evenings from Haven or Garnet. Let alone, having someone he didnt' know in the library reading. As she aproched he almost chuckled aloud as she sized him up. Then, finaly, the explination came. Her hard hello followed by a bright smile broke the coal male. His signature smile cracked his muzzle open into a wide grin as he relaxed his previoiusly stiff body.

Jazper's ears and tail lowered from thier high positions as he took in her story. " Please, excuse my rudeness," He sighed, "
I wasn't expecting to find anyone here. You see, I'm the only wolf in this pack that can read so I pretty much always have the library to myself. You should have seen the mess it was before I cleaned it up, took a fair amount of time."
He explained, his scottish tones decorating his words. "I'm Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. Friends call me Jazz. I'm the Leutenant of Crimson Dreams. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss.Stockholm. Of course, it'll be strange to share the library..." He trailed off as he exstended a hand in greeting and glanced over to his grand piano. "If I may make a request though, not to be rude but the piano was very hard to fix up and I still have to keep working on it, though it's starting to sound amazing, if you wish to use a piano may I suggest one of the many others. If you play I wouldn't mind cleaning one up for you and moving it here or to your room if you wish."

[/html]
[html]
Geneva nodded, accepting his apology. "Hey, I completely understand. This library has been something of a haven for me. I wasn't even aware that it had needed repair. You keep it up beautifully," she said with a genuine smile, considering the coal colored male. She meant what she'd said in complete sincerity. The library was amazing, extraordinarily beautiful. She had never seen library quite like this one, nor one with such an extensive collection of books before in her entire life.

Jazper was definitely intimidating, his size and demeanor aggressive until his face broke out into a smile. Geneva wasn't easily intimidated, being as small as she was her entire life, she had learned to get by on her own merits, often by staying out of sight. But she was definitely self conscious. She realized that the wolf had probably heard her fit of foolishness before entering the library. She felt blood gather in her face, although it would be impossible to tell she was blushing."Please call me Geneva. I hope you don't mind if I call you Jazper. It is nice to meet someone else who so obviously loves the written word."

Light lime green eyes slid from his face to the beautiful piano. She hadn't touched or gone near it, and was glad of it after Jazper spoke about it. It was obvious that he adored the instrument. "I'm not musically inclined," she wolfess said ruefully. "I've never heard the sound of piano makes before," she said softly, curious and half-way longing.
[/html]
[html]

His large body sunk even more as the she-wolf spoke. She seemed to be a very sweet girl. Well educated but the sounds of it. As Geneva spoke complimenting the library his pride grew. This library was his work of art and it was just that. He had spent half a year fixing it up. "Why thank you. I go out to Halifax atlest once a month and bring back a stack of new books from stores and houses. You'll fine everything's in alphabetical order and there'll always be something new to read."

She was a smaller wolfess. Not very strong looking at all and he was sure most wolves could probably take her down. As she spoke he nodded and smiled away. "Haha, Geveva it is then. Jazper's fine naturally and yes it's sweet to have someone else to have in the library, my mother Deuce lives in Pheonix Valley now she taught me to read and write. I'm sure you're going to make an amazing addition to Crimson Dreams!" He wasn't surprised to hear she did not play and he hurried her twoards the piano with her curiousity. Quickly he sat down on the bench and patted the spot beside him. Streching out his arms and with a goofy grin his hands started to move across the keys.

[/html]
[html]
"If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask me," Geneva said sincerely. It was obvious that a lot of love and care had been put into the library and its upkeep. However, the femme had thought the entire pack had contributed to it. It was slightly mind blowing for her to realize that the one tall male was primarily responsible for this beautifully, meticulously kept library.

She was excited over the possibility of gathering new reading material from the city, although she did not relish the thought of leaving the comfort of the Crimson Dreams territory. It wasn't that she was afraid, exactly. But she was certainly weary of traveling and wished only to keep her home safe and secure. She felt as though everything she needed fell within the shadow of the trees in the pack land. How could she possibly wish for anything else?

A smile softened her features as the larger wolf spoke of his mother. It appeared as though his physique wasn't the largest part of him - it was so obvious he had a big heart too. She nodded shyly when he told her she thought she'd make a good addition to the pack. She certainly hoped his assessment was true. She was going to do her darnedest to make sure she proved him right. She loved it here already.

Her lime green eyes lit up when he beckoned her to take a seat beside him. It movements took on a sort of childlike joy as she hurried over, scooting onto the seat next to her packmate, being mindful to give him room for his arms and elbows for playing. "Wow! she said in an awed whisper as he played. The sound was so...pure. She couldn't described it. "This is, just...just amazing!"
[/html]
[html]

The wolfess's child like scamper amused Jazz. It was like watching a child on her first day out of the den. As he played he watched her with his golden eyes smiling at her awe. One thing he loved above all else was making his packmates happy and music seemed ot be one of those pleasures. As she spoke he slowed to a stop and looked at her with a sideways grin. "Music does that to wolves you know. It's like music is part of our animal instinct. I showed one of Naniko's boys, Hevan how to play a bit. He's going to turn into one heck of a wolf when he's older..." He trailed off as he began to stand motioning to her to follow him to the back of the library.

As he walked he motioned around listing off the types of books she could find in all sections until he stopped. Infront of them was a large class case. It was more of a desk with a glass top and with in it lay an orange tinted violin. He brought his paw to a drawer and pulled out a small silver key. Inserting the key into the small lock that kept the glass locked to the corner of the wooden desk, he slid the the glass open and carefully raised the violin with one hand while closing and locking up the desk once more with the other. "I collect instruments you see. I was playing this the day I first saw my girl Garnet." He explained softly as he began playing on the string instrument gently and lovingly.

[/html]
[html]
I suck. I am sorry! But I am sooo ready to get back on track!

"Haven's already one hell of a kid," Geneva said, smiling at the thought of the young orange pup. She had enjoyed spending time with him. And she was sure that before she knew it he'd grow from a youth into a young man. She couldn't wait to see how he'd grow. She was happy for the chance to be part of his life. "It wouldn't surprise me that he's already showing aptitude and talent for music. He seems to be very creative."

She followed Jazz silently, careful to strain to listen to any sort of music the interesting male would produce. She had never really heard very much music all at once, so this was a unique treat for her. She smiled at the way he handled the stringed instrument, and she found that the sound this one produced was her favorite. Garnet. She mouthed the word. It was a beautiful name, probably for a beautiful girl. "You collect instruments?" she asked suddenly. She turned her attention to her satchel, which hung off her shoulder. She sneezed lightly as she rummaged in it before producing a tarnished, dented metallic rectangle. "This was my dad's," she said. "He used to make the prettiest music with it...although I never really figured out how it worked." She smiled ruefully before bringing the harmonica to her lips and blowing in it lightly. Shaky, squeaky notes emerged, eerie and out of tune.

[/html]
[html]

Jazper nodded happily and he held the violin, "Haven is quite the kid. I hope on day that Garnet and I will have a pup with half his energy and ambition. He really jsut picked up on the piano. I told him someday i'd take him out to Halifax for some guy time. I know it's not my place to interfear but the boy needs a male in his life you know. anu and Naniko are brilliant parents but I just think the boys need some guy time. Of course i'll have to talk to Naniko first and get permission." Jazz always wanted a fmaily and right now Nani and Anu's pups were the closest he had to having a pup of his own.

At Geneva's quetion his ears perked. Watching with golden eyes as she went searching threw a bag of sorts and pulled out a harmonica. A wide smile spread across his muzzle and he stood up in attentioin as she brought the rectangle to her mouth. At the poor excuses for notes he brought his hand to his lips to cover a laugh. Quickly, he motioned for her to pass him the musical instrument, "If I may, it's called a harmonica. I don't have one of my own but, I do know a thing or two about it." He moved her hands to a comfortable position on the sides and cupped around the back. Pointing at the small squares he spoke again, "Each square is one tone. The goal is to only blow into one at a time for a pure sound or two or three for an....edgy sound. I think you should try and blow in an 'oo' sound as you blow."

[/html]
[html]
It warmed Geneva to hear the way Jazz talked about Haven. She imagined she sounded the same when she spoke of the pumpkin colored boy. The fondness in his voice was evident. He certainly was an extraordinary child, so full of spirit. She was glad there was such a support system Nani and Anu's puppies would grow up with all the love and guidance they could ever need.

Her mouth opened in a little 'o' as Jazper investigated her father's musical instrument. She mouthed the word "harmonica" silently, filing it away. When her father had played, it had certainly been harmonious. She took the harmonica the way he instructed and blew hesitantly into a small square. A much more pleasant sound emerged, although it was still somewhat shaky.
"I don't think I'm suited for music," she laughed.

She looked down at the shiny object. It brought back a rush of cloudy, happy memories. "You know, Jazper, if you don't have one yet...I want you to have it." She held it out to him. "I know it isn't the best specimen of a harmonica, but it does actually sound beautiful when you know how to play it. It needs to be played."
[/html]
[html]

WC: 300

OOC: Wrap it up?

IC:

The young male knew he himself was still a boy or perhaps a boy in a man's body. It hadn't even been a year since he was taking in by Jaded Shadows in the old lands. Still, the past months had changed Jazper greatly. He had gone from a small puppy in a loving three wolf family living in a cave, to a slightly larger child finding refuge in Jaded Shadows with the Rhiannon's, to Twilight Vale with his new mom dad and brothers and finally to Crimson Dreams. So far, Crimson Dreams was his favourite place. He could be the loveable giant, the protector, the server, teacher and listener here. He loved his pack and everyone in it. With pups running around there was never a dull moment and with Garnet hanging around he could not be happier with his current life. The only thing he could ask for was a family of his own in the future which he was sure Garnet would not ojbect to in the least.

Jazz chuckled as the new member ultimatly failed even when using his advice. "I think you may just be right. Purhaps hunting or cooking?" He laughed lightly. As she held out the harmonica, giving it to the male, his golden eyes widened as he accepted greatfuly, "It's perfect, honestly. The older the insturment the better the sound!" Taking it excitedly he was practicly jumping up and down as he pressed it to his lips and blew a few clear notes, "It'll take some time to learn it properly though. I may have to run into town and find a few more books." Noone had ever given him an insturment. He had always gone looking for them. Words could not express his thanks to the grey wolfess before him.

[/html]