Just Another Ordinary Day
[html]
A little bit of PP by saying that Haven is following her--is that ok?

It was mid-afternoon, but the sun was already beginning to sink down over the horizon. She had been in this area before, but she'd never gone so deep. So when she had set out earlier that morning, it was with the intention to go farther into the territory than she ever had before. When she had set out Naniko had thought that she was alone [she hadn't seen the pups since they had set out near dawn] but throughout her travels she'd begun to notice that something was a little off. Every few moments she could hear movements, rustling sounds coming from the surrounding brush.

She had an idea of who it might be, as she'd caught glimpses of copper fur through the leaves, but she was willing to let whoever it was stay in hiding for the time being. Naniko could see the dark castle up ahead, and she was intending to go inside and explore it. Maybe too scary for a littler one. She grinned at the thought and quickened her pace a little, entering the gates.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... annerr.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Is all good! Big Grin

Most days the young pup tried to avoid being around his mothers. It wasn't that he didn't love them, but he had spent his whole life with them so far, and he wanted to get out on his own! However, when he had seen momma Nani leaving the territory of their pack, his curiosity had been piqued. As usual when he was following one of his parents, he was doing his best to be sneaky. It had been a little difficult since she could walk so much faster than he could.

Haven's stalking had been going well, it didn't seem that his mother had noticed him at all. But all of sudden she started moving faster than she had been! That wasn't fair! He could barely be sneaky when she was going at the pace she had been, much less faster. And what was she so interested in anyway? Deciding to abandon the stealth act, the burnt orange pup bounded ahead after his mom. "Momma! MOMMA! Waits for mes!" The boy's tongue hung out of his open, panting mouth as he sprinted forward.

[/html]
[html]
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Naniko's ribs were still healing, so she had remained in her optime form. She knew that shifting wasn't good for the bones, and she could do more in this form anyway. She wouldn't be much of a protector with this type of injury, as most defensive movements would probably jar it and cause her pain, but Haven was old enough now that if she told him to run he would (hopefully) follow what she said and high tail it out of there before he could be hurt.

She turned at the sound of his voice, changing her expression. "Oh my goodness! What are you doing all the way out here, Haven? I didn't see you there." She acted surprised, shocked, even. "You sure scared me." When she had been younger her parents had played these kinds of games with her, she could remember that much. Kaelyn and her had played hide-and-seek, too, more times than she could count. It had been so much fun. "I was going to go inside this big ol' castle...and see what there was to see. I heard there were ghosts in it."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... annerr.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As soon as his mother turned around, he beamed with pride at being able to surprise her. He was beginning to think that he was quick the little sneak. Would that be a skill that the pack would find useful when he was older? Maybe he could be a spy! That would be sooo cool! He would have to ask his mother about this possibility later however. There were much more interesting things at hand.

His short tail wagged and a big, goofy grin was plastered onto his maw. Haven lovingly rubbed up against her leg as he reached her, jade eyes looking up into her matching ones. "I followed you mommy! I was being sneakies! Isn' I goods at dat?" The boy puffed out his chest, always loving to impress his mother. "I didn' mean to scares you! I sorries!" As she mentioned a castle, his gaze turned to the gigantic black stone building. The pup's eyes grew even wider and his jaw dropped. "WOW!!!" He exclaimed. This thing was like, a bazilliion times bigger than even the mansion! "A ghosts? Reallys? Can I comes to?? Pwease mooom!" The last thing he wanted to miss out on was an adventure in the cool looking building!

[/html]
[html]

"Of course you can, pumpkin." She said, reaching down to give him a lick across the forehead. She was really glad to have some alone time with Haven; mostly Naniko had been spending time with Salem as of late. He was the one pup who seemed to want to stick around the lands a bit more, not go out and explore too much by himself. And all of the pups always came home at night time when she howled for them and spent the night with her and Anu...they were probably tired of being home all the time.

There was one pup who she hadn't seein a while, though, Odebeh. Naniko had been looking for him for quite some time, but he'd stopped coming home to the den as much. And now he wasn't coming back at all. Had he found someone else to care for him? She'd thought that Crimson Dreams would be a good home for him...and she'd tried to pay attention to him as much as she had her other pups. But maybe it wasn't meant to be.

She smiled at the eagerness of the orange pup below her and started for the first set of dark, black stairs. Time to see if there was any merit to the haunted tales that she had been hearing about this place.

[/html]
[html]

The young boy hopped around in delight as his mother said he could come along. Exploring new places was so much fun! And he was excited to have some alone time with momma Nani. Maybe this castle would be their special place! Like somewhere they would go again and again. He liked his siblings, but whenever they were all together, Brooklyn seemed to cause so much trouble that she was the only one their mother had time for. He knew it wasn't his mom's fault, Brooklyn was just a show off, and liked to pick on everyone else. As she leaned down to kiss his forehead he gave her a small lick on her muzzle.

Then it was time for the adventure to begin! Haven followed right at his momma's heels, eyes wandering around to try and take in the huge structure. He let out a little snort as they came to the steps. The pup was still small enough that steps were somewhat of a challenge for him. His going was slow, having to wriggle himself up from one step to the other.

[/html]
[html]

She had thought that having pups of her own would be an adventure, and it really was. It was like having a little companion that followed her almost everywhere, one who asked almost constant questions. Naniko wanted to help him up the stairs, to pick him up and carry him up them, but she knew that she really shouldn't. She should let him do things for himself every once in a while. It was hard to realize that she wouldn't always be there to help him every time he needed it.

So Naniko waited patiently for him at the top, her tail sweeping back and forth genially. "I'm proud of you--getting up all these steps by yourself. When I was little I had a broken leg, and I couldn't get up any stairs at all." She grinned at him, nudging him a bit. "But it didn't stop me from getting around." She looked up toward the castle again, to the open front doors. "Looks kind of dark. You sure you're up for this?"

[/html]
[html]

By the time the pup finally made it up all the flights of stairs he was huffing and puffing a bit. But his energy was instantly restored as his mother said that she was proud of him. Tail wagged happily and he puffed out his chest. "Tanks momma! An' your leg was brokeded?" Haven really didn't know what that entailed, but it sure sounded painful. He couldn't imagine having broken legs. He walked around everywhere! How inconvenient something like that would be!

Psssh, he wasn't afraid of the silly castle! He wasn't afraid of anything! "Course I'm sures! I's not scared of nothin'!" The boy stated flatly, making all ends to the argument. His attention then turned to the massive open doors. To prove that he wasn't scared, he began to walk forward first. Jade eyes peered into the darkness, waiting for them to adjust to the light change. "Comes on mommy!" He hollered back.

[/html]
[html]

She could feel her more playful, adventurous side coming out as she stood there with the boy, looking up at the castle. This was just like old times; Naniko had been very big on exploring when she had been younger, and even though she was an adult she still found it to be very exciting. "That's right. I had it all wrapped up tight so it would heal. If you ever get hurt, you should always come right back home so I can fix you up"

Before she realized it Haven was inside and she hurried after him with a final backwards glance toward the arched doorway. It was dark and musty inside the castle, with a few old rugs strewn across the floors at intervals. How long had it been since an actual human had lived here? Naniko wasn't sure. "Kings and queens lived in castles. Big, important people. Imagine having a den this big!" She could see him just ahead of her in the darkness, a small moving shape against the mostly pitch-black surroundings. Naniko felt gratitude for the fact that it was Haven with her and not Salem; he would have been impossible to see. "See anything interesting?" She asked.

[/html]
[html]

Anu had told the pups of kings and queens and knights and dragons. Those were some of his favorite stories. So it was places like this that they had lived in? "Soooo cool..." The pup uttered under his breath, to no one in particular. Even though it was dark, and his eyes were still adjusting, he could see how huge this place was inside. The ceilings looked like they reach all the way up to the sky! "Is ginormous! You coulds like...fit all the packs in the worlds in here!" Though he supposed that would cause quite a bit of fighting.

Jade eyes finally more or less used to the dim light now searched around for anything of big interest. For the first few seconds he didn't see anything. But then his whole body began to wiggle as his eyes caught something glinting in the distance. Fast as a bolt he took off towards what he had spotted. "Momma, momma, quick! Comes see!" Giant puppy paws screeched to a halt and the small pup stared up at a giant suit of armor. Haven's eyes sparkled with wonder.

[/html]
[html]
They should steal it Big Grin

She had a lot of books back in their cave, and the mansion had its own library...so the pups would grow up surrounded by the same literature that Naniko had. There were some picture books that she really liked that she had kept even through her adulthood, just in case she had pups later on. Naniko definitely wanted to teach all of them how to read.

"It's even bigger than our house. But I think our house is warmer." The inside of the castle didn't seem to be any warmer than the outside. She was a little worried about Haven getting a chill, but tried to push the thoughts out of her head. He would ask to go home if he got cold. She needed to stop worrying about them quite as much.

"What is it?" Naniko padded after him down the dark hall, looking at the suit of armor that he'd found. She wasn't sure what it was, exactly...but it was really big. "I've seen some pictures of humans, and I even saw one once--I bet a human would fit right inside one of these." She hadn't told the pups much about the humans other than the fact that they had built the house that they lived in. They hadn't seen any more humans for over a year; not since Naniko had been much younger. "I wonder what it's for, though..." She reached out a hand, brushing a little dust off of it.

[/html]
[html]
Holy crap yes!

Haven had listened intently to all his momma Anu's stories about knights and ladies, and he knew that they wore armor, but he didn't really know what it looked like. Of course he had imagined pictures of it in his head, but they were always somewhat fantastical. This was just a simple gray, dusty and rusty. So at first he didn't see the large thing for what it was. When his mother joined him and started to inspect the thing herself and talked about the humans was when it finally clicked in his head. So that was what humans looked like. "Momma, momma! I knows! Its must bes armor! Likes the knights in momma Anu's stories wores! Its da stuff they wores to protects 'em!" He bounced up and down excitedly. How neat! They had found a real life suit of knight armor!

The young boy bounced up on his mother's leg, pawing at her. "Mommas, can we takes it homes? Pweeeeeaaaaseee!!" The only thing better than finding a suit of armor would be having it at their home!

[/html]
[html]
Yaaar, we are stealz >Big Grin

She wondered if there had ever been any really large humans who had worn armor. It would be really neat to find something like that for a werewolf to wear...the best kind of protection. But how easy would it be to move in something like that? She imagined that it would be rather difficult, with all the different plates. And how did they keep moving without getting rusty? Naniko wasn't sure. She'd have to look it up!

"I'll have to get her to tell me some of those stories; I don't think I've heard that one" She tried to lift the entire suit, but it was attached to a stand. That was probably how they kept it all standing up straight and together, by keeping it like this. So she leaned over, yanking at the place where the stand was connected to the floor, pulling it up with a loud creak. "I think it would look perfect in the mansion. And there are plenty more--look!" She pointed into one of the rooms that she could see into from their angle--there were many other suits of armor. "So we'd still be leaving some here for other people to enjoy too." Naniko leaned the stand with the armor on it against the wall. "We can get it on our way out--we should look for more pretty things for the mansion. Don't you think?"

[/html]
[html]
Yarrr matey! >Big Grin

"Yahs! You will! They's mah favorite stories! I was playin' wif momma Anu the other days and we were playin' pretend and I was a knight!" The boy stated proudly, puffing out his chest. He wanted his mom to know how brave he was. He began to bounce around and yip excitedly as his mother began to try and lift up the armor. They were going to take it home! How awesome! He couldn't wait to show off their find to the whole pack. Wouldn't they all be so impressed! "It'll look great in da mansion!" Jade eyes looked in the direction his mother had pointed, spotting a lot of other suits of armor. They had barely even begun to explore this place and already they were finding so many things! He was glad that there would be more for other people to find.

"Yah! There's prolly a ton of neat stuffs!" He looked up at his mom, eyes sparkling with excitement and wonder. Haven began to pad down the hallway, looking into the different rooms and chambers. In the first few he gazed into there wasn't much. But at about the third one down something big and colorful caught his eye. He walked to the opposite wall of the room from the door and stared up. It was like a giant picture that covered the entire side of the room. There were so many details in it that it made his head spin. The pup looked back at his mom, unable to find the words to even describe or express this thing he had found.

[/html]
[html]

She grinned down at the eager boy, laughing. He was so full of life--very much like herself when she had been younger. There were certain things that she liked about each pup; all of them were very different, unique in their own ways. Sometimes she could see certain aspects of either she, Conri, or Anu shining through, though. Conri and Naniko by biology, and Anu by the way that she had helped Naniko raise them; the values that she had helped them to learn.

"Wow." She looked into the room as well, blinking. This room was a little brighter and had a window. Cold air rushed through, making the tattered ends of the curtains whip around, beating against the picture every couple of seconds. It made a loud thumping sound. "It's beautiful. And...wow." She looked to the back of the room. There was a large glass case with a small stand inside of it. On top of the stand was a large ring of gold encrusted with green stones. The stones seemed to sparkle in the light that shone through the window, shining back into her eyes. "Is it..what I think it is? A crown?" But it looked too small. Wasn't it supposed to fit on top of someone's head?

[/html]
[html]

The young boy was completely mesmerized by the giant cloth picture. There were so many things going on it in it. It looked like in one part some humans were hunting a boar or something. Then on another part was a feast of some sort. He was amazed by the amount of detail that had been worked into it. He couldn't even fathom how old this thing was, yet the images were still more or less crisp. These humans were fascinating creatures. Haven knew that they were gone, but he was still in the dark as to why. They seemed so smart, he wondered what had happened.

It was only when it sounded like his mom had discovered something even more exciting that his eyes were torn away from the picture. He wandered over to where she was standing, but whatever she was looking at was up too high for him to see. A small impatient whimper issued from his throat. "I can't sees! You tink is a crown?" How cool would that be? A suit of armor and a crown. It seemed the two had hit the jackpot.

[/html]
[html]
;D

Naniko looked at the glass case that was surrounding it. It looked kind of heavy. But at the same time, she really wanted to get at that crown. A glass case like that could be really valuable, though. Maybe it would help her herbs somehow, if she could put them inside a case like that. And it would keep the pups out of them. Naniko was constantly worried that they might get into the herb shack, so she was keeping it under heavy lock.

She reached her arms all the way around the case and braced her knees, lifting straight upwards. The glass slid up over the crown, revealing it slowly as she pulled and groaned. "I'll bring it down for you" She said, lifting the case up the few final inches and bringing it carefully down to the ground. Shaking her now sore arms out a little bit, the mother inspected the jeweled object before reaching out to touch it. It was cold, just as everything else in this territory. But why would she have expected it to feel any other way? It was metal.

She picked it up with careful fingers, squatting down beside Haven to show it to him. "It's very small. Maybe a child's crown. Or a baby"

[/html]
[html]

Haven watched with awe as his mother worked to lift to big glass case that was apparently protecting the crown she had discovered. Momma Nani was so big and strong, he hoped he would grow up to be like her. Seeing how much strain the case was putting on even her, the boy shuffled back a bit, wanting to give his mother plenty of room to move the heavy object. But as she gently set the glass back down he eager walked back over to her, tail wagging. He couldn't wait to see the a crown in real life. He had been slightly disappointed with the plainness of the armor, would the crown be plain too?

As she squatted down with the smallish ring, his eyes glittered like the stones that were on it. It was so cool! Not at all plain like the armor had been! Maybe not as grand as the ones he sometimes imagined, but this certainly wasn't a disappointment. "Is so cool!" The crown looked like it might fit him. The idea excited him. How awesome would it be to show up back home wearing a crown? He hadn't known that the humans made crowns for children. "You tink it would fits me?" Hope and longing rang strong in his voice.

[/html]
[html]

She smiled when he moved considerately to the side so that she could put the piece of glass down. He was such a good boy--always thinking about what he could do to help her out. She turned the crown from side to side so that he could see each part of it. It was obvious was part was the front and what part was the back by the designs, but all sides of it were full of equal splendor. To humans, it must have meant a lot. But Naniko just thought that the rocks inside it were really pretty.

"Let's try it" She said. She wasn't sure if it would be too heavy--it didn't feel that heavy to her, but to a pup it might be different. But then, if it was, then they could just take it back with them and wait for Haven to grow a little bit. Then he could wear it whenever he liked. "It goes on like this..." She reached down, placing it on the head of the pup. It looked like a good fit. "You want to take it home with us too?"

[/html]
[html]

The young boy could barely contain his excitement as his mother began to lower the crown onto his head. It took all his might to keep from bouncing around and wiggling like a worm. With his mother being the leader of their pack, the boy couldn't help but kind of picture himself as a prince. He never really admitted that to anyone else, and it wasn't at all in a "I think I'm better than you" way. He just wanted to be a brave knight, and lots of the time, the knights were princes. So in his mind, that made him a legitimate knight possibility.

The cold metal slide down over his ears and rested on his head. It was a little heavy, but not too bad. The feeling that shot through his small body was amazing. His momma had just crowned him! Alright, that sounded a bit more grand than it actually was, but it was still cool anyway! "Yahs!! I wants to wear it arounds!" Jade eyes looked up to his snowy mother. "Mommas, am I likes da pwince of Cwimson Dweams?" If he was going to ask anyone it would be her. She would understand that he wasn't trying to think of himself as above anybody else. It was just to fuel his imagination.

[/html]