forever like herself
Character Name: Flayra Zazkex
Character Birthdate (including year): 5/6/08
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines): Luperic Ortus
Your e-mail: briandryden@bigpond.com
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): None
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Ramath-lehi
Initial post:

The grasslands were going along with the wind. Looking from a certain angle with the sun shining n the grass, it almost looks like the wind is actually moving across. some would be fantasized by it, but it was just the wind with the sun reflecting off the grass. The sun shone the grassland clearly all the way to the forest nearby. This land seemed to have such peace and was recently made. A suitible place for wolves that likes packlands that are old and interesting.

In this case, a young pup, roughly five months old, walked along the grassy pasture, taking each step carefully in case there are any things that might jump out and attack. Flayra's instincts told her that she was safe. She heard many things about this packland, including the good reviews so ought to have a look herself. She looked around and saw nothing. Where is everybody? Well, the pack was sort of new so there wouldn't be many wolves that would have joined up overnight. She was actually hoping there was room for her in the packland. Well, this pack seemed to interest her more than the others. Inferni was more of a wolf-coyote pack, Crimson Dreams was closed to newcomers, but she wanted to join, and Phoenix Vally was, well, ok, but she doesn't want to stay at the place of her parents birth.

She stopped to search the horizon of the grassland again, but still saw nothing. Where was the main home area of the packland? Who far away was it? Flayra wasn't sure of anything since this was a new area. She'd been every where looking for her brother, but not here. "What am I to do? I can't see anything." Soon after, a hawk came down and perched itslef on Flayra's shoulder area on her back. Flayra looked and said, "And where have you been, Neon?" The hawk looked at her then to the forest area. Flayra looked there aswell then said, "Could you check the grassland?" Neon took off, taking flight in the air, searching the area for any form of life.

Flayra watched as Neon circled around trying to find something. Flayra then thought of her brother. She could remember the fun they had. She smiled at the thought as a tear developed and fell from her left eye. Then there was her parents, which made a tear in both eyes. After they died, she was heart broken. As far as she knows, the only family there is alive was her brother. He has to be. The thought soon then was broken as Neon came back, making sounds at Flayra. Neon was trying to say that he saw a wolf coming her way. Then soon after, there was the sound of rustling in the grass. Flayra stood there ready for the wolf that Neon was mentioning. Neon too prepared himself to defend Flayra, his most trusting companion, as Neon is to Flayra.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">
     Welcome! Sorry for my shortness, I tend to keep things brief in joining threads.

She's got colors to spare and i don't care what they choose

It would have been hypocritical of the female to not chip in with border patrol after she had lectured the others on scouting, and it was that which drove slim paws padding about the borders, nose in the air ready to catch a scent. Although they had many individuals streaming through their borders prior to the pack meeting, ever since Cercelee had made such a fuss of keeping their borders secure there had naught been hide or hair of any individual for weeks now. Until the same wind which was blowing their overgrown grasses around blew one right up the flared nostrils of the Rosea. A stranger, a female, and Cercelee did not know much more than that until the creature came into sight, very shortly after Cercelee had first scented her.

Navy eyes lit up at the small version of a wolf, the large bird perched atop the shoulder’s of the youth. Still closer Cercelee came to the two, remembering Windseeker and her feathered companion and wondering where the female had gone to and if ever she would return. Once in speaking distance, Cercelee cleared her throat, knowing that if the wolf had yet to see her the bird of prey surely had, but letting her presence be announcing either way. "Little miss, what brings you to Dahlia de Mai on this day?" Still closer the petite female came, her ivory colored fur rustling in the wind, her eyes glued to the child. Had ever a child step foot on Dahlia de Mai since they had founded themselves? Cercelee could not think of a time.
Table by Tammi!
[/html]
Flayra stood in valor with her paws tightly gripped into the ground, waiting until the "wolf" was out of the grass. Neon was still perched on Flay's shoulder with his wings partially spread open for a defense preparation. Neon in the past was lost, he didn't know where his family or his friends were. He flew across lands and deserts trying to find them, but had no luck. However, a couple of months ago, he met Flayra. Since then, he went with her, they looked out for each other, and became the best of friends. To be honest, Neon was Flay's only friend, well, feathered friend. She needed another wolf as a friend too, not just another animal.

The wolf revealed itself, and Flayra let down her guard, returning to her original position. Neon too did what the young female did, drawing in his wings with his eyes set on the wolf that came out of the grass. He didn't attck. If he did, then Flayra would probably be attacked too. So, he had to behave himself if Flayra was to be accepted into the pack. The light grey pup looked at Cercelee with her blue eyes as the older female asked Flayra a question about being here. Flayra looked away for a few seconds before turning back with her answer. "Well, I wish to join this pack if it is ok. I'm a young pup, but I can't be out in the alone. That would be a particial reason. The other part I will say later. Can I join, please?" Flayra was standing in front of an elder wolf, so she would have to use manners.

Flayra had her blue eyes upon Cercelee, examining her from the head. She looked sort of 5 years old. Then again, Flay could be mistaken. It wouldn't be the first time.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">

The answer that came from the grey colored child quite surprised Cercelee. How direct and to the point the pup was, Cercelee had imagined puppies to be bumbling creatures that didn’t quite know what they wanted. Of course, this one in particular was half grown, in only half a year or so she would be an adult. Besides, Cercelee had very limited experience with children, she had to remember she didn’t quite know what they were like. As she considered the child’s request (not that she would let the child in, of course she would do that, but rather what it would mean for the rest of the pack) Cercelee wondered who, if any, of her members had experience with children. Slay and Cwmfen had never been parents as far as she knew, and Firefly was even younger than Cer herself. Haku of course had had children, but as Cercelee remembered Coli’s pathetic state at their parting she didn’t want to entrust this child’s teachings to him. Mew perhaps, but Mew had lost her own litter and Cer didn’t know if she’d be ready to interact with a child who, had Mew’s pups lived, would be close in age to her own. Perhaps, like many of the things the pack did, it would have to be a group effort to show this younger version of themselves, the ropes.

Yet why was this child here, asking for a home? This troubled Cer, for she could only envision the worse of situations. "Where do you come from little miss? And where is your family?" Cercelee knew that often family was lost or they cast away the blessings nature gave to them, but all the same the Rosea had to make sure that this was not just a headstrong child who wanted to strike out on her own a little too soon. "My name is Cercelee, and I am the leader of this pack. We quite do have room for you, if that’s truly what you wish, but it troubles me to find you here, when you should be with your brothers and sisters, wherever they are." Perhaps she shouldn’t have spoken those words. It might be traumatic for the ashen female before her to recall the events that led her here, but it was something that had to be known before she accepted the creature into her pack. With adults, she often did not question their pasts, only the present and what they hoped for the future, their skills and flaws, but a child was still developing, deciding the future day by day, so the pasts was a little more important. Casting her eyes to the hawk perched on the shoulder of the girl, Cercelee wondered about him as well, but that would come in time, and she knew that many wolves took on creatures as companions of a sort.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]
Flayra then turned silent, her voice was just lost. At just that question about where family was, she was just quiet, like her voice was taken away from her. She knkew where they were, six feet under the dirt. She didn't to say it that way, but she would have to say that they were dead. The only family she has left is her brother, but she needs to find him first. However, with Cercelee's question, Flayra would have to answer it because when some ask about parents or family, they need to know about them. Flayra took a breathe and said, "They... are dead. I was like one month old, as far as I remember. I was outside, then I was called in. Next thing, these wolves just appeared in the door. Dad tried to fight them off and that was it. I must have been unconsious since. However, when I awoke, I was six feet underground, but I dug my way out. That is all I'm going to say." Though she this story made her sad, it made her think of Pendzez, her brother. If she can find him, then she might stay with him, or they could see each other from time to time.

Flayra gave a light smile at Cercelee as the older female did an intro of herself. "I'm Flayra. I'm from Bâtons et Pierres. I have a brother, but I'm still in the midst of finding him. I don't if that was him I saw at Phoenix Valley, but I'll find him, sooner or later." She said that calm, short and sweet. True that she was still looking for Pendzez, but who knows how long it will be until she finds him. Neon saw that this a wolf to wolf converstaions, so he took off. Flayra had a thought that her brother might have been here. "You haven't seen my brother, have you? He's a white wolf, around about one year old and a few months, red eyes, and carries a spear most of the time."
[html]

Cercelee listened to the story, it seemed to her that there were gaps to be filled. If the pup was only a month old when her parents had been killed, who had cared for her in the meantime? Surely a month old child would never survive on its own. "Who took care of you when you found your way out? Surely a child cannot protect its self or hunt for food at so young an age?" Cercelee too had lost her family, aside from her father but he had been as good as dead, yet she had had Laruku and all of Clouded Tears to care for her, and then Haku later on until she could hunt for herself. Had this child lost another caregiver in so short a time span?

"If you believe your brother may be in Phoenix Valley, why choose this pack and not that one?" Of course, everyone had their reasons and Cercelee did not mind. Flayra was welcome here, but her brother was not in Dahlia , so if that was what she sought, she might be disappointed. "I have not seen your brother, but you might want to speak with Haku or Firefly, they do most of our scouting and so if any wolf has come to these borders that fits that description, they would know better than I." If Haku had been keeping up with his job, and Cercelee had no reason to doubt that he was, but not all occurrences were properly reported to Haku, so if someone else had spotted the little one’s brother and not told Haku, he might not know either.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]
Actually, how did Flayra take care of herself. There wasn't anyone who. She just knew what to do. Her mother was like that, so mabye Flayra inherited her mother's talent. "No one took care of me, until I met Neon. I just had this feeling inside, telling me what to do. My mum was like that, so mabye I got it from here. Hard to believe, I know. I still can't believe it now." Saying that made it sound like Flayra was crazy. How she survived before meeting Neon, she didn't know much, expect that her feeling had something to do with it. That reason would make anyone think that she wasn't like an actual wolf, but she was real as the world.

Then there was the question about coming here instead of Phoenix Valley. Flayra had a pretty damn good reason why. "Well, you see, if I just go to him, he will make me stay with him because he wouldn't want to lose me again. I want him to see that I want to live a life separate from him. If I just give light presences of myself to him to help make him see." With that good reason, that should be enough for the older female.

Flayra then heard of wolves who might have seen her brother. If they really saw him, then the info they might give will be helpful to finding him. "Thank for that. I'll ask them when I get a chance to."

OOC:
Oops, I used the Pendzez account. could you delete the Pendzez post plz?
[html]
     Welcome! Sorry for my shortness, I tend to keep things brief in joining threads.

Cercelee took in the youth’s answers, unsure if the child spoke truthfully or not. Cercelee couldn’t fathom a child that young caring for it’s self, but stranger things could and did happen. Besides the pup was here now, and she seemed set on coming to Dahlia rather than the Valley, with Crimson Dreams having closed their doors. Nodding to the child Cercelee officially welcomed Flayra into the pack. "Alright than, welcome to Dahlia de Mai. You are of course free to explore the pack lands, aside from other’s personal dens. Some of the members like to take old human buildings as their own dwelling, we of course have an abundance of those, and you may do the same, or perhaps if you want you could stay with someone until you get the feel of the lands a bit better."

Although who was available to take in the pup, Cer did not know. The Rosea wouldn’t mind if Flayra asked to stay with her, but Cer still had not claimed a place all her own, she only took shelter if the weather warranted it. Perhaps Flayra didn’t wish to stay with anyone, she had after all come all this way on her own, she did not seem to need anyone. "Well then, any questions?"
Table by Tammi!
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.