We must go on now
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Hopefully for one of the leaders of JS, though if they're too busy then it's open to anyone.

The massive male didn’t know what he was doing here, really. Jaded Shadows had no direct connection to him. He had no family here (aside from a possible connection though one of his adopted daughters), and he had no friends within this pack either. But perhaps that was what compelled the Alpha of Storm to finally stop putting off this much-needed venture. He was now the representative of Storm, the embodiment of the welfare and goodwill of the entire noble pack. It was his duty to forge friendships on their behalf and understand the political landscape of the entire valley for their safety.

Politics. It was a word that haunted Phoenix almost every night, a concept that he needed instant mastery of despite his little to no previous experience with it. Already he had nearly bungled the fragile relationship between Storm and Inferni, though that was more the fault of their leader’s blood thirst in his mind. Phoenix was not the kind of wolf to shrug off blame (quite the opposite) but in this case he really did apportion the fault to Gabriel. He wondered if the jealous mate still held a vendetta against him for finding him sitting next to his Faolin. He could only hope that she had explained things to him. The last thing Phoenix needed at the moment was another thing to worry about.

He lingered at the borders for a few minutes, not sure if he was welcome or not. But he was here on an official capacity, for the most part. He wanted to meet the leaders of this pack since he still didn’t know who they were now that Mordulin was gone. Tayui’s scent was on the borders, but the first and last time they’d met both had been mere gammas. Had she climbed the ranks as he had? Taking a seat politely, Phoenix finally bent his head back and howled to announce his presence. As he waited for someone to respond he tried to settle the twisting of his gut. He still wasn’t used to all this.
[/html]
[html]

Seasons had come, and seasons had left, and Fatin was still there. She was always still there. A litany of lovers, a litany of people who had gone on, and she couldn't say how she felt about many of them. Her heart ached for Kaena.....whereas the thought of Ravesque made her blood boil. How was that possible? The more time she spent considering the loves she had lost from the summer before, the harder it was for her to confirm her emotions for either. She loved Kaena, that much had been true - the fire she felt when they merely touched had told her more than she ever needed. But Kaena was gone. Vanished. Gabriel was left in her wake, a boy Fatin was proud of, yet had no ties to beyond his mother. She felt, for the first time in a long time, that Inferni was a stable ally for Jaded Shadows, and the same was true of the Mountain pack for the Coyote clan. How strange that not two years ago she had feared the mere sight of a coyote.

A call caught her off guard, it was unfamiliar but had the overtones of a commanding voice. Flicking an ear in slight annoyance at having the leave the warmth of her den, she stood and gathered the golden shawl to pull around her shoulders as a slight protection against the cold. her father's blood served her well to make her hearty against the chill, but it was still uncomfortable outside. She found the male sitting at their borders and surveyed him casually, expecting him to have a purpose since he had called them, not just waited. The scent of Storm, which she associated with Phasma mostly, was thick in his coat and so she did not expect he was seeking a home. Yes? She said carefully, tail brushing the edge of her leg, her amber hair spilling luxuriously against her shoulders.

If he was smart, he would never get used to being a leader. Another would rise and take his place, or the pack would find him unfit if he became lazy in his task. Fatin never took on the commanding persona she saw in so many other leaders, she, like Mordulin, saw the pack more as an extension of family than a clan she commanded. It had found them loyalty through the years that not many could boast of. It was those deep rooted families that fed their numbers, like the Sadiras of Clouded Tears and the Lykoi's of Inferni. For Jaded Shadows, it was the Nakado-Kali's and the Aika's. Waiting for his response, the woman drank in his appearance, memorizing it. He smelled, ever so faintly, of Gabriel and another coyote, and it gave her some hope. Maybe, just maybe, this was not going to be an unpleasant encounter.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
The cold never bothered Phoenix. Even though he didn’t look it his maternal heritage was that of an arctic wolf, and his mother’s physical hardiness served him well, as did his thick dark coat. In fact he even preferred this time of year, since summer was usually unpleasantly hot for him. Perhaps he could have chosen a better day to do this, weather-wise, but he was tired of procrastinating. Besides, the weather seemed to fit the mood of his reign so far: unstable, chaotic, even gloomy. After all, he’d already lost three of his children since becoming alpha, the most recent having left to look for his sister a couple days ago. He’d nearly started a war with that lunatic Gabriel. So, yes, a storm was brewing—perhaps in more ways then one.

The small female that answered his call was not Tayui, which potentially made his job harder. Of course, this also left him with a chance to make a good first impression, something that he and Tayui were already past. He stood motionless as the female scanned him and he returned the gesture. She obviously couldn’t have usurped control of the pack by force, not that any pack around here would tolerate such a tyrannical form of leadership. Phoenix was the largest and strongest member of Storm, almost brutish in appearance, but he led his pack only because they wanted him to, not because he desired the role.

At least he could outwardly take the authoritative stance of an alpha, hold his head high and look like he knew what he was doing for those who didn’t know him better. It helped that half the pack was family now. His first adopted daughter Dierdre and her mate (and his best friend) Pilot, his own mate Iskata and his young children constituted a large fraction of Storm. “Good day t’you,” he began, perhaps a but too formally, “I’m Phoenix, th’new alpha of Storm. I heard there was a power change in Jaded Shadows as well, an’ I figured it was high time we got to know each other.”
[/html]
[html]

Though she did not assume he had meant to, the male had already sparked her fuse. She hated to be reminded that Mordulin and Fiacha had left, she hated to be reminded that she was responsible for the pack as a whole with the help of Tayui, stable and strong at her side. She hated to think that her world, that beautiful gleam of a treasure she had picked so long ago from her slumber, had faded. She had, in some ways, grown through her experiences with love and lust and loss, but it had come at a grave price. She had lost a part of herself, the happy, joyous part of herself. She was still happy, but it was not bubbling up from her very soul like it once had. She had, in essence, been left a cracked, fragile thing. "It saddens me to hear that Gibraltar left. We only met once, but he was a good wolf. Had a good head on his shoulders." She said quietly, considering all that she had been told. "But I knew he was gone, Gabriel de le Poer told me of the changes." And so did the whispers of the wind she was not special, certainly not so special as he was, or as her beloved Kaena's son Kerberos had been, but the witch blood was in her family, and what she dreamed half the time she assumed was real, but it was never certain. Days, weeks, months could pass and she would be struck by Deja vu and it would startle her.

"I felt that Storm was left in good hands by Adreon when he passed on. I hope you will continue the trend." She said quietly, completely ignoring the fact taht she too, had recently taken a pack as her own. "My name is Fatin, though you probably know that." And if he didnt, he really needed to start paying attention to the little rumors. She learned more from random snippets of stories than she could ever care to say, and it all helped her greatly. "Gibraltar helped to seal an understanding between Storm, Jaded Shadows and Inferni....which, to say the least, is an amazing feat." he knew his leader's achievements no doubt, but Fatin had little else to offer. She was unsure of the impression she was making, but she expected it was probably neutral, if not cold. She just lacked the warmth that normally filled her. She just needed to find it again.

[/html]
[html]
So this was the Fatin that Phoenix heard so much about. Obviously she had been around much longer than he and had time to make a bigger impression on the lands; Phoenix’s own legacy was just getting started. His own adopted daughter had mentioned her several times as her grandmother; did that make them kin of some sort? Right now they were just two alphas, (hopefully) reestablishing whatever alliances their predecessors had. Not that Storm ever really allied itself with anyone; neutrality was the rule for the Storms of generations passed and he hoped very much to carry on that tradition. But he had yet to learn what Jaded Shadows’ (and by extension, Fatin’s) stance was on anything and such information could become useful.

When she mentioned Gabriel he flinched nervously, and the bruises he received from the other seemed to swell and ache once again. What had happened wasn’t his fault, it was all a misunderstanding on Gabriel’s part and Phoenix couldn’t be blamed for defending himself, but he doubted the madman saw it that way. All Phoenix really knew for sure at this point was that he wanted nothing to do with him or that murderous clan if he could help it.

He didn’t know quite what to say when she began proclaiming the virtues of his predecessor. Was she merely being polite, or did she genuinely respect him? Phoenix knew him better than her and at the same time he didn’t know what to think of Gibraltar. He had forged an alliance with Inferni, yes, but at the cost of one member who had been around longer than anyone. And he had run off, unceremoniously dumping the job on Phoenix at the worst conceivable moment, right before his children were born. He had once looked up to the male as his hero, but now the pedestal had crumbled. “Thank you,” he said politely, trying oh-so-hard to play the politic game and be cordial no matter what. “Mordulin was a good friend of mine. She gave me advice when I needed it, really helped me through some tough times. She’ll be missed.” That part, at least, was genuine.
[/html]
[html]

If Diedre was his daughter, that did not mean they were any more connected than she and Deuce happened to be. The mere thought of the ivory female still made her blood boil, how could she ignore the fact that Deuce had disowned her child? Thanos had made a poor choice, but who was she to judge her son for his actions? He was long gone, and hopefully happy. It was odd that she chose not to accept Deuce into her family when she had done so for Phasma. The ebony girl had long since lost Hymn, Fatin's oldest grandchild, but it was not her fault. The wandering spirit was in their genes apparently. Phasma had become her family all on her own, without the direct need of Hymn to be involved. Strange how her little family had grown so much over the years to some massive thing that entailed most of the pack. Through her brother Mercido came the ties to the Sadira line, through her Pontiac came the ties to the D'Angelo line, through Mordulin came the ties to the Aika line...and it didn't stop there. It couldn't stop. Her family was still out there, growing and spreading. And she was glad it was doing so.

He was not being sincere with his thoughts, and she knew it. Was she to call him out? Or to let him believe he was fooling her? She noticed the flinch and she chose to ignore it, trying to do what she thought was the most appropriate solution in the situation. No need to alienate the boy completely, but it did not seem he was having any more luck with getting through her icy mentality than any of the others from Storm had been able to in years past. "There is no one in the world like my mother." She said quietly after his response of her praise of Gibraltar. Mordulin had done so much for her, she had been her stable rock in times of need, and had provided her with a backbone and a sense of purpose. Mordulin had become so much to her, and she missed the ebony female with all of her heart. "Was there any further purpose to your visit, or did you just have the intentions of meeting and greeting whoever was still here?" It did not suit her mentality to assume there was no other motive to meeting, perhaps it was an after affect of the past few months but she felt, in some ways, that things were never just left at face value. Something else was bound to happen, to come out of this meeting.

It would be disastrous no doubt when the two leaders realized just how opposing they were. She, a loyal ally of Inferni, and he, a loyal ally to the brute who felt his job was to rampage across the lands. Fatin had a very dark disdain for that particular male, and heaven help her should she ever meet him. She would end up dying. If he had no problem killing children, then a tiny Alpha from another pack would not bother him either, would it? She was wary now, even around the pack lands, just knowing that beast was back in the lands. And her children were now old enough to wander without restrictions, and she was even more stressed at the thought of them getting injured. She bit back the comment that rested on her tongue, knowing it was not the best idea to start off with such a bold topic. Rather, she would just wait and see what he had to say before she allowed her personal opinion to get in the way.

[/html]
[html]
Originally Phoenix had pitied Deirdre because neither of her parents had taken any interest in her. Deuce wasn’t a very good mother, true, but at least for all her ineptitude she was still trying. The same couldn’t be said for Deirdre’s deadbeat dad, who’d run off soon after her birth. Phoenix despised wolves like that, wolves who took for granted the very thing had had grown up without and pined for his entire life. The massive male hadn’t even realized that he had become Deirdre’s father, replacing Thanos, until she was already an adult. But by now she was truly a member of the family Phoenix was building… the oldest of his children, and hopefully the first of many to come.

Phoenix was not trying to be maliciously deceptive. He was merely trying to act how a good alpha should act: stoic, unshakeable, yet bold. The only thing was trying to cover up was his own self-doubt. He didn’t exactly know what was expected of him from the other alphas—obviously they had to know each other, but was there anything else? He felt as if he was back to his first days living back amongst his own kind, only this time the stakes were higher. He didn’t know how to act or what was expected of him, yet admitting his inexperience and showing vulnerability was inconceivable. Better to pretend he knew what he was doing and learn as he went.

He was surprised to hear this wolf call Mordulin mother. She seemed to lack the warmth he’d sensed from the elder alphess the night they’d first met, but then he didn’t know Fatin. He’d heard enough contradictory information about her to be unable to form a solid opinion yet. Strange that a wolfess could harbor a rapist in her pack such as Lucifer and trust him around her children, yet hold such malice towards another wolf he had accidentally hurt adolescents that had attacked him while trying to protect another wolf. Skoll was not a monster. The real villains were the ones who would attack a pack for no reason and drive them from their home. “I… well… I jus’ wanted t’meet you, I suppose,” he answered, caught off-guard from her abruptness. Perhaps in the future it would be wiser to employ Deirdre as a messenger to this pack. She was probably more welcome here than he. “If Storm an’ Jaded Shadows ever have any dealings, it would make more sense for its leaders to be familiar with each other b’forehand.” Oh, how he hated his job.
[/html]
[html]

It was unfair of him to judge her son, just as it was unfair of her to judge Deuce. They did it anyway. It was unfair, probably, for her to take the side of the Lykoi clan over that of another wolf without so much as batting an eye, but she did it anyway. it was unfair of him to judge her back based on the actions of a single wolf, one who had repented and set things on the course of being right again. But he did it anyways. Fatin was a creature who was flawed, but in those flaws there was a great truth: her heart guided every move she made, and thus it was her strength and her weakness rolled into one. Looking at the male, this Alpha of storm, she could not find any reason to directly dislike him. She was not pleased with his choices involving Skoll, she was not pleased with much of anything she had heard involving the matter. Skoll had crossed the line many times that day in Inferni, first by trespassing, second by interfering with another pack's matters, and third by harming mere children. Three strikes, you're out, right? The male had no rights to involve himself with Inferni's policies, she had not been delicate with the Clouded Tears boy who had come into her lands, seeking to hurt her own son. She had sent him on his way, and that had been that. No one had an excuse for trespassing after all.

Her nature was not to beat around the bush, not play games with words and sneak around saying what was really on their minds. She knew he was willing to welcome Skoll into Storm again, and it was an action she was not pleased to even consider. "Of course it would," she said flatly. "I have been a leader in this pack for many years, but I know the rest of the leaders in the lands by name and appearance, though I have never met some of them. Like Laruku Tears, of Clouded Tears. He has scars upon his face, is a hybrid, and has tattered ears. We have never laid eyes upon one another that I can recall. And you - large, with a braid in any form. Phasma, my Phasma, ebony, lithe figure, silvertone eyes. Gabriel has the appearance of a dog almost, large for a coyote, with the dark markings on his face and back. And My Tayui, with her two toned eyes. One a few others, my granddaughter included, share that trait." She was not the type to go and hunt down all of the world. She would, however, spend her time learning about it. She chewed her lip for a moment, thoughtfully, and finally decided to bite the bullet, so to speak.

"I cannot claim to be pleased with your choice regarding Storm and Skoll. It is your pack, thus I have no say in the matter. But it is disheartening to hear he has returned." Finally, for the first time there was a break in her facade. The dangerous fire-spark in her green eyes was revealed, and there was the Alpha, the creature she was known to be. Passionate, fiercely protective, a wildfire. Did Phoenix have any idea what he was dealing with?

[/html]
[html]
Perfection was never a virtue Phoenix claimed to have—quite the opposite was true. He was all too aware of his foibles. Any creature who thought itself perfect was deluded, possibly even insane. They were a society of flawed being trying to deal with each other’s imperfections, and sometimes those faults collided violently. Ultimately, though, a wolf (or coyote) was judged by those he (or she) associated with. Phoenix did not tolerate murderers or rapists in his company… Skoll was not the most cordial guy to hang out with, yes, but he had a sense of honor and decency. Sometimes that bullheaded sense of right and wrong got him into trouble, but he ever harmed anybody that didn’t have it coming to them already.

Phoenix remained quiet as she spoke, describing each leader in the Bleeding Souls valley. Her use of the word my in describing Phasma piqued his interest but he showed no sign of it. So this was probably where she had been tainted against his friend. What surprised Phoenix about her most was her willingness to trust the leader of Inferni over him. Phoenix had never killed any of her pack-mates, had never driven her from her home. In fact it was quite the opposite; he’d befriended and helped many members of Syemv, and after that disbanded he offered her a new home in his pack. He was beginning to feel like he couldn’t trust anybody that was not a member of his immediate family. It was not a healthy attitude to have, but when dealing with the other packs he’d found the one wolf he thought could back him up actually stabbed him in the back.

And so it came. Phoenix had been hoping to avoid this topic of discussion, but it seemed he’d been hopelessly optimistic. Skoll was his friend but he was beginning to grow weary of defending him, of having to repeat the same rhetoric over and over again. Lifting his chin defiantly, he decided to take another approach. “Excuse me… have you ever even met Skoll?” he asked. “You shouldn’t pass judgement on somebody til you’ve met ‘em. I know him t’be a decent an’ honorable wolf. Little rough ‘round the edges, yeah. Has a knack for getting’ himself in trouble, yeah. But everyone should have a chance t’tell their own side of th’story ‘fore other wolves take up arms against ‘em. ‘Specially when th’ones malignin’ (he’d been looking for an excuse to use that word since learning it) him are murderers an’ pirates themselves.”
[/html]
Im neurotic and cant switch tables during a thread, even though I have a KICK ASS NEW STAR ONE TO USE EEE :3

[html]

She grinned a devil's grin, reaching a hand up to remove the curl that had strayed in her eye line. "I dont need to meet him to know what he does."She said coldly. "You condemn a pack based on the history of some members, and yet would welcome a wolf who did just that? You do realize that Skoll almost killed two children during his little escapade into their lands, right? What right did he have to trespass and interject himself into their pack's matters? None at all. I would not dare stop you dealing with a matter in your pack, jump into the middle, and expect to walk off without punishment." How dense was a creature who would do that? She did not like him near her family, and would do everything in her power, limited as it was, to help ensure the safety of those she considered hers. "I dont know if you know a damn thing about healing Phoenix, but it's my life's work. I'm the one who brought those children back from near death. I'm the one who saw what he left behind in his wake. I went to Storm with Gabriel to speak to Skoll's Alpha. My family is in Storm, so I did what I felt was needed to protect them. If he had no issue nearly killing children in Inferni, then what would stop him elsewhere? I do not take chances with unpredictable elements. And he is certainly unpredictable."

She had made that mistake before. Having Salvaged Eternity as her mate had been nothing but unpredictable. Up until he had left, she had felt she could anticipate most of his actions. However, the night he had finally turned his eyes towards her and attempted to rape her, she had lost it. She had learned her lesson. Having a mate who had in the past raped many, many females had done little to teach her the value of a person's merit, it had only taught her that people can change, people make mistakes. Salvaged, however, had never really been sorry for what he had done, and he had died without salvation. Their son, Valerik, had been so careful with his life, and he had died in the arms of the God he worshiped. Fatin fully believed he had found what he had been looking for, that his religion had given it to him. It gave her comfort to think that way.

It was laughable that he preached to her about judging a person, had he listened to Lucifer about Diedre? Or just made his own choice on the matter? "And of course that means you took the time to hear my nephew out about his issues then? Lucifer had a minor slip. His actions he has attempted to make amends for, which Skoll has yet to do to my understanding. Of course, I could be wrong, as anyone who makes assumptions can be." She shrugged in a careless manner, it was not her choice to delve into such matters, but she had opened the floodgates, and the tension that had been in her before had been released. She was right. They would probably never see eye to eye on the matter. It was not her problem though, and not her fault.

[/html]
[html]
He was beginning to see that Gibraltar had been in a no-win scenario before. But even though Skoll had deserved some form of punishment, exile was still extreme in his mind. Storm had to remain neutral in other packs’ affair, and Skoll had broken that chain. Unfortunately, neutrality also meant that they could not step in and prevent an evil if they saw one being committed. It was a burden on each alpha’s soul, but it was the lesser of two evils. Once again Phoenix remembered that life was about balance. Evil could not be prevented, just given as wide a birth as possible while trying not to make eye contact.

And of course the use of his daughter to make a point in defense of her rapist made his control slip, if just for a moment. So, they were both creatures of double standard… but where Fatin was focused merely on the physical body, Phoenix, being a psychic, concerned himself with the emotional. “You call rape a minor slip?” he said, a chuckle warbling in his voice as if it was humorous. “Deirdre ran away from home afterwards. Thought she was worthless, th’one at fault. You may be a healer of bodies, but I can look into another wolf’s soul. Her body may have been a’right, but her mind took a lot longer t’heal.” And a body was nothing without a soul for it to house.

Phoenix shook his head. This female had already made up her mind, and he had already made up his. One could not be blamed for accidentally harming children when the so-called children were trying to kill him. And going back to the lesser of two evils reference, Skoll was definitely such when compared to Inferni. “He may’ve ‘almost’ killed children as you say, but th’member of Inferni actually killed some when they decided they wanted Syemv’s land. All for a stupid house. But I can see there’s no point talkin’ ‘bout this any further. You’re mind’s made up, an’ so is mine.” Where did that leave them, then? At a standstill, certainly, but he also did not want to make an enemy out of the pack’s alpha. “I’m sorry. I didn’t come here lookin’ for a fight, but I don’t like t’hear my friends bein’ badmouthed.”
[/html]
lol, it amuses me to no end that at one point, you considered smushing them together XD oh! And Meda = her tribe's word for 'Wise Woman', who was also her Grandmother.

[html]

Funny, Gibraltar had not actually exiled Skoll over his actions in Inferni. Skoll had made the choice to threaten the Alpha when he had lost that precious title of a mere rank. That had been the tipping action that had lead to his banishment from Storm. Fatin knew the hazy details after a series of rumors and small conversations, and she had found it amusing that a person would still defend someone who boldly threatened the Alpha of the pack. They did not know their place, and they ignored their instincts in doing so. She knew she was safe for the most part because of her rank. Bothering her would be like shaking up a bee's nest, and could only end in disaster. To that, she snorted, reaching up again to pull her hair from her face. She did not like psychics. No witch did. And her family of healers, they had delved into the spiritual realm to a point where some even had companions. She did not, thankfully. Her Meda had one though, a male. At night, she heard them talking, and she felt the danger her Meda was in. The ghost was not good, he was evil. And since that point, she had made the connection between anything that could invade the mind, as the ghost had been able to do, with evil. If she tried hard enough, a hazy image might come to her after working with the flames and the herbs, but, she could never speak through the mind, and she could never peruse a person's memories. She had learned though, how to block a person out of her mind, and she did that now with him. She would not take any chances. "There have been much worse things to happen in these lands." She said in a near casual way. "The events of that night are hazy to most involved, and neither one of us happened to be there to see what happened. Either way, Lucifer has made his amends, and the matter is dealt with." So, just as she could not say he truly did not rape the girl, neither could Phoenix say he truly did. Lucifer himself, though he had done what was in his power to set things right, was unsure of what had happened because of the influence of the evils he had been using.

With a dark growl, the girl took a step further into her homelands. "Keep it away from me. I have never seen anything good come from it, and I dont want it near me at any point. You'd do best to keep your mind safely inside your own head" She said, a dark glint in her tone. The ghost, and then Erik, and countless others had had the power, and used it for evil. She would not take chances, not if she could help it. It was laughable, how he thought he understood his 'friend' - but she had seen the wounds. He attempted to lessen the deed, and Fatin laughed. "There is no almost about it. They would have died had their mother not come and found me. Ahemait's lung was nearly punctured, and the boy had many internal injuries. Does that seem like almost to you?" She was not enjoying swapping words with this Alpha, but it was something that now, had to be done. "Kaena was the one to kill those children. For what reasons I did not bother to ask her, but I assume she had ones. Inferni took back the land that originally belonged to them. Syenv, when it landed, took a piece of their shore and made their house there. It was land that they took from the coyotes to begin with, and upon Kaena's return she found out, and decided to take the land back."

He seemed to like to being rather hypocritical, because for every fault he found with the coyotes, she found a fault with the wolves that had set them off. "They are outcasts here, a tiny island of coyotes in a sea of wolves. Every action that we do can easily be backed up by our packs or our neighbors. But they are alone. If they are not strong and forceful, they can easily be overtaken, and they know it. What they do to protect themselves is their business. Storm is a long ways from Inferni, I daresay you will be safe enough on your little throne unless you go and look for trouble with them. They have never led and attack on the wolves without reason. Would you not do the same? If some tribe came and took your pack's land, would you not move to take it back? Don't look at them as anything different than you or I. They are trying to survive, the same way we all are." She had made her piece with the coyotes long ago, and now, found herself tied tightly to the clan, perhaps closer than any other wolf in Bleeding Souls. She sighed softly, looking back at her lands. "I have spent most of my life here, it will be four years come next Autumn. Never have I seen as many issues between the coyotes and the wolves as I have witnessed in the past year. It's something to wonder about, as to why things had stirred up so much recently. I'm doing what I can to smooth things out. Maybe you should try it too." it was a thought, at least. If he allowed Skoll in the lands again, she had no doubt it would endanger his pack. The Lykoi family was strong, and very protective of their numbers. To align yourself, and thus your pack with an enemy of theirs? It was outright madness.

[/html]
Hnn. That was a long time ago, when I was starting to think I couldn’t find Phoenix a mate.

Y’know, I’m getting a little tired of all this drama with Skoll. Like Phoenix, I was hoping to avoid the subject matter in this thread, or at least not have it blow up as big as it has. I wasn’t looking to be sucked into this much drama when I had Phoenix make his offer.

[html]
Fatin had not been present when Skoll had exiled Gibraltar, but Phoenix had. Gibraltar had not originally intended to ban Skoll, but when the older wolf began to mouth off, Gibraltar let his own emotions get the better of him as well. Both had been brash and null-headed that day, and a lot less civil to each other than Phoenix was trying to be with this self-righteous female before him. Had both wolves been a little more level-headed then Skoll might never have left Storm. Phoenix did not disagree with the punishment; he disagreed with the extremity. And he had been willing to reaccept Skoll (on certain terms, of course) only because he felt that his friend had done his time and learned a lesson.

It was a shame that no one else could see it that way or trust his judgment. Not that he could rightfully expect them to, since he was the new guy. As a Gamma and Beta, he’d been mostly an internal leader, dealing with the internal affairs within Storm while Gibraltar took care of the outside world. In hindsight he should have paid more attention and tried to take on more challenges. But he hadn’t expected to become alpha for a very long time yet. After learning to doggie-paddle in the river he’d been thrown into the ocean and told to scuba-dive. It was a miracle he hadn’t drowned already.

But Phasma… her betrayal hurt him the most. She should have come to him with her concerns. That was why he had asked her to be his gamma, to help guide using the experience she had and he lacked. Instead she had said nothing and run off to the coyotes and Fatin, telling everyone what a screw-up he was. And he was a screw-up. But all he’d wanted was to help a friend.

For this one last time, Phoenix sat patiently and listened to the woman rant on. Her disparaging remarks about his telepathy bothered him to no end. He shouldn’t have brought it up. The telepath had never (intentionally) violated someone else’s mind. He tried to use his ability to help other wolves. Instead, others like him who mishandled their abilities got him categorizes as a monster alongside them. Well, he might be a monster, but he was not the only one in Bleeding Souls. “You think I want trouble?” he asked, rolling his eyes. “All I wanted was t’help a friend a’mine out. No one is innocent in this matter here, no one. You’ve chosen th’side of one set a’monsters; I’ve chosen mine. I don’t want t’see this matter come t’conflict, but th’best I can hope for is a stalemate.” Shaking his head, Phoenix got up. “I have t’return to my pack. I came here in goodwill, looking for a friend. It seems, though, that ain’t what I found.” Nor, he hoped, had he found an enemy either. “Good day to you, ma’am. I hope that if we ever must meet again, it’s on more pleasant terms.” And then he left.
[/html]
Well, that's the part about being a leader of a pack - you have to deal with the drama that gets stirred up. I dont really see how it's that big of a deal, but oh well!

[html]

She did not know the wolf in front of her, but she knew Gabriel. She was quite fond of him actually. It was natural that she took the side of the being she knew, especially since she had seen the damage done and she had been witness, through the different Lykoi's telling her so, of what had happened. She did not trust the being in front of her, as she very rarely trusted a person after just meeting them, it took ages before she felt comfortable with them. She had only just gotten that way with Gabriel, after taking months to do so with Kaena. And oh, how they had trusted. Hiding themselves from two separate kingdoms, hiding their love and their lust and their everything. She had not liked the hiding, but she understood it was needed.

Fatin, unfortunately, had not seen Phasma since she had moved to Storm. It had been quite some time, and she made a note in her mind to go and see her daughter. It was a shame that Phoenix thought his Gamma had betrayed him, but what could Fatin do? She, thankfully, was no reader of minds, and so she was not privy to his thoughts. She had never found a person who could read minds that did not abuse the power, and she was glad that no wolves like that resided in her pack. She would not do well to guard herself constantly, and living in paranoia in your own packlands was stupid. She laughed at him, outright laughed at him, for his maturity during the situation. An Alpha, a full grown Alpha, rolling his eyes at another? "Poor thing. My 5 month old children aren't so immature as to roll their eyes." The more he went on, the less she considered him fit to lead. It was a large undertaking, to be able to lead a pack. You had to be willing to make a choice for your entire clan, and not for yourself. Perhaps he hadn't quite caught that lesson in his training.

As he spoke, she listened intently, eyes never wavering from his. She was not afraid of him, and never would be. All the strength in the world, but she had the advantage; she had grace and control on her side. She did not think that he was capable of controlling his emotions, as he had just shown her. "No, I daresay you did not achieve your goal today. Perhaps on another matter we would be more aligned." She watched him walk away, a snide look finally crossing her face when she was assured she was alone. "Phasma, darling Phasma. You have so much to deal with..." She said as she shook her head, turning away to return to her family and the warmth they shared with her.
[/html]