the ice kept getting thinner under you, under me
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Backdated to the morning after the Kansas thread :o

The slender femme stretched contentedly as she made her way down the stairs to the main floor of the mansion. Last night had been...amazing. There really was no other way to describe it. She had never imagined that that act would be as emotionally fulfilling as it had been. Sure, the physical part had been great too. But coming together with Kansas in that way...the feeling it had given her was quiet indescribable. Needless to say she couldn't wipe the smile from her face.

Savina had somewhat reluctantly left their bed. Their stomachs had begun to rumble so she had decided to go snatch them some food from the stores in the cellar. She walked into the kitchen, looking around in the various cabinets. She knew there were some plates in here somewhere...

[/html]
[html]

She had spent the night in the cave after her visit to the city and was just heading toward the herb shack now, bringing in the last few of the books from the border. Naniko had a secret hiding spot that she would put half of the books in once she got inside of the packlands, returning for them later on. She kept a few of the books in the cave, some in the library in the mansion, and a couple inside the herb shack. There were a couple of books that she had more than one copy of, the more useful medical books, and she kept one in each place for emergencies.

She yawned as she unlocked the shed, putting the books inside, grabbing a few bags from inside, then closed it back up. She didn't have much to do today, so she would probably mix a few herbs and make a couple of new medicines and then call it a day. Tomorrow she would look for patients, maybe.

Naniko headed inside the house, still carrying the bags. The kitchen would be a good place to work, with the big flat counters.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I'm assuming Nani's entering the kitchen? If not let me know and I can change this.

As she rummaged around in the various drawers and cabinets she heard someone enter the house. She didn't pay much mind to it though. People came and went through the mansion as they pleased obviously. The lack of plate-finding was beginning to frustrate the girl when she heard the door to the kitchen open. She turned around to see Naniko walking into the room. Her ears gently folded back against her head. Savina hadn't been alone with her friend since she had first told her about her relationship and it hadn't gone as she had hoped. Had the Commander's mood changed on the subject like Anu said that it would? She certainly hoped so. Kansas' scent was strongly intermingled with her own now and there was no doubt that the ivory femme could smell it.

A small smile graced her face. "Morning Nani. How're you today?" Should she tell her that she and Kansas were mates now? The fey felt like Naniko had a right to know.

[/html]
[html]
No, that's fine Big Grin

She'd spent a lot of time in this mansion, many hours, and thought that she knew every inch of the place. However, there were times when she would enter the place and not remember where something was for a moment, or how to get to a certain part of it. There were some places inside that she didn't visit that often; that was probably why she forgot where they were at...but it still worried her a little bit that she couldn't remember. Maybe it was the fact that she didn't really live inside the mansion any more, but in the cave a mile or so away.

Naniko frowned as she thought about this, travelling from one room to the next. When she saw her friend in the kitchen she smiled widely, hefting her bag up onto the counter. "Mornin' to you too! I'm doing good. I think I might take a nap later, though--it's strange to say that out loud. Me taking a nap. But with the pups all over the place now, I actually have some time to myself for stuff like naps." She began to dig through the bag, pulling out a few bottles and jars and setting them aside. "What about you? Sleep okay?"

[/html]
[html]

The large smile that her dear friend gave her warmed her heart. Of course when they stayed off the subject of Kansas things between them were no different. Unfortunately that fact ate away at her, and she cold only let it lay for so long. A soft chuckle managed to escape her somewhat tight chest. "Well you certainly deserve it! Yes, I've seen them running around, Haven more than anyone else it seems. He's turning into quite the little explorer. We're going to need every pair of eyes in the pack to look after that one I think," she joked, winking her eye. In many ways the small copper pup reminded her of the way Ehno had been when they were that age.

Her nerves began to tie knots in her insides. Savina prayed that this time when she breached the subject things would go better. She didn't know what she would do if they didn't. She craved Nani's approval of this, yet at the same time nothing would keep her apart from the Sadira male. "Oh yes, I've been sleeping very well." The girl swallowed hard. "Which reminds me...I've actually moved back upstairs. Into Kansas' room. If...you ever need to find me." The tip of her ebon tail twitched as she diverted her gaze for a moment. "He...asked me to be his mate. So, we really are sisters now." Emerald eyes looked back to her best friend, her last words attempting to put a good spin on it all.

[/html]
[html]

Savina was her friend and fellow-leader, and Naniko wanted to see her happy. Something like this would have happened eventually anyway, Kansas would have hooked up with someone. But she had never thought that it would be Savina. Naniko was with Anu, and she loved Anu with every bit of herself. But at the same time, she couldn't help what she was feeling. She couldn't be angry with Savina about it--you couldn't help who you fell in love with--but a pulse of annoyance washed through her. They were best friends and leaders. They shared the pack duties, educated the pups, accepted new wolves into the pack. But she had never thought that Kansas would be something else that she would have to share.

She'd tried to ignore whatever Savina and Kansas had been doing, tried to block it out for as long as she could. But now she had to face it. It was real, what they had, not something that she had made up in her head. The word "mate" settled heavily on her, and Naniko nodded absently. And sister, too. She did want Savina as a sister.

But she had known Kansas since he was a pup, barely able to follow her around. He'd even saved her once from a badger when they had been young. Now they were older, though, and each had to go off and live their own lives. Maybe she was getting mad over nothing. "Well...I'm adopted. So we wouldn't really be related." She said first. Best to state the facts, right?"But it would be nice to think of it that way. Congratulations" She began grinding her medicine, going a little rougher on the plants than was intended. "And good luck. The Sadira family isn't an easy one to be a part of"

[/html]
[html]

Her heart sunk to the floor as Nani responded. True, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it still cut the girl deep. Her best friend didn't sound like one. She sounded like some gruff and distant stranger. She even had to take the feeling of them being related away. Part of her wanted to be angry. To yell, to ask why the hell she was acting this way. This was a huge moment for the Italian wolf, and if Naniko really was her best friend she should be happy. But she didn't have the strength to be mad. Every little fiber of her felt like all the energy had just been stolen from it. She stared at the floor like a child who had just been scolded.

"Oh...well, thanks..." was all she could manage to say. Savina could feel her hands begin to shake and she almost thought her legs might give out. The sting of tears in her eyes came suddenly and she turned her back to her Commander, placing a hand on the counter to steady her. Her other hand covered her mouth, trying to muffle any sobs that might attempt to break through. Wet streaks ran down her face as she was unable to stop them. Her shoulders shuddered, but she still did her best to stay silent.

[/html]
[html]

She didn't look up from her bowl. Naniko couldn't know how much Savina wanted her approval--why did it matter if the leader thought that she and Kansas were a good match, anyway?--or how much it meant to her. But she could have guessed. It felt like she and the dark wolf had been at odds for so long...maybe she wasn't used to the feeling of friendship. So unused to it that she didn't even realize that she was hurting her with her lack of reaction.

She definitely didn't expect to see tears when she did look up, though. What was wrong with Savina? Wasn't she happy that she was mates with Kansas? It was what she'd wanted, apparently. "What the heck is wrong with you? You've been acting really weird...is something up?" Of course, she would put this on Savina. Not on herself....never on herself. Naniko had nothing wrong with her. She was happy for her friend and brother and for whatever little family they would bring into the world. She was fine with it!

[/html]
[html]

She wanted to leave the room. But she couldn't. She couldn't go back upstairs and have Kansas see her like this. He'd want to know what was wrong. Even though she trusted him, his and Naniko's sordid past still frightened her. She didn't know how he would react to something like this. So she just stood there, quietly crying, trying to pretend she was there. That none of this conversation had even taken place. She just wanted her friend back. She just wanted her to be happy for them.

Ears flicked at Naniko's words. What was wrong with her? Was she serious? Shakily, Savina turned to face the ivory woman. Weepy emerald eyes looked directly into jade ones. "Ever since I told you...about Kansas and I...you've just been so distant. Like you don't want us to be together. When I first told you, I thought that you'd be really happy. I don't know why you feel the way that you do, but it hurts me Nani." She took a breath. She was doing her best to keep a level head, not to speak angrily. "I love him, with everything I have. You know I'm not the type of person to toy with anyone's emotions. I thought that maybe you didn't think I was good enough for him."

"You're my best friend. I just...wanted you to be happy for me, for us." She covered her eyes with one hand, not able to keep her breathing steady anymore. Her other arm wrapped around her waist. She didn't understand why things were going like this. She just wanted them to be like the friends they had before. Had her love for Kansas really messed that up?

[/html]
[html]

"You're just getting emotional over nothing, Savina." She said back. "Kansas is my brother...and you're my best friend. Of course I'm happy for you." Her tone of voice said otherwise. She didn't enjoy things like this, foolish arguments over nothing. That's what he was to her now--nothing. So what if she had named their children in her head before the misscarriage? Imagined leaving Conri? It didn't mean anything. Back then she had thought about getting rid of their pups herself, so that no one would ever know about she and the Sadira's night, but she'd been unable to. They were her babies.

"I...I don't know. Not everything comes easy." She continued. "I want to be happy for you. But it's not easy to be. Kansas and I grew up together. We spent a lot of time together." She hadn't meant to admit that, even, but as she did more began to spill out. "I don't want to let him go. And I know how busy having these pups made me...and you're my friend. I don't want you to get busy, too, and forget about me. So if you wanted the truth, there it is. You can be pissed off about it, or sad...or whatever. But it's how I feel."

[/html]
[html]

This wasn't nothing. She knew it, and she could tell that Naniko did as well. Why she wouldn't admit it, she wasn't sure. Her eyes were still hidden behind her hand as more and more kept spilling from her friend's mouth. Brows knitted together. What was she saying? Was...she...did she have feelings for Kansas? More than just the love between a brother and sister? But, no, that couldn't be right. She had been with Conri, and now Anu. Savina had no idea that the pups her friend has miscarried had been her mate's. She didn't even know that Kansas had wanted to be with Nani. Only that the two of them had in fact slept together. The Commander didn't know that she knew, though. A very strange feeling began to well up in her gut.

But soon those thoughts were paused by something else she said. Forget about her? She really thought that that could happen? "F-Forget about you?" Her hand left her eyes. "You really think I could forget about you? Naniko...if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have anything. I was completely alone. And you took me in. I never thought I was worth anything before that. You made me feel like I belonged. I could never forget you and all that you've given me." Did she really not realize how much she meant to her? Everything she did in this pack was to keep Naniko and the pups happy and healthy. "And he hasn't forgotten about you either. You mean a lot to him as well. I know you do." Saying that made that strange feeling come back, but maybe that was just what Naniko needed to hear.

[/html]
[html]
Kansas reads this and is like "o_o" hehe xD we R dramatic.

"I'm sorry. I should have talked to you in the beginning..but I didn't know if you and him were really serious about each other, or what was going on." She bit her lip. She had really made a mess out of everything...and just by not talking to Savina about it. She had always heard that members of a relationship needed to communicate...maybe it was the same for a friendship.

"I am really glad that you found somebody. And I think that we were sisters before you and Kansas found each other. I think we became sisters when we formed Crimson Dreams" She felt like she didn't know what to do with her hands...or whether she should step forward toward Savina or back away.

[/html]
[html]
Lol, yeah! XD

Maybe at the first sign of trouble she shouldn't have backed away from the subject. It had all just been so new to her, feeling that way towards another. It had been really unexpected and she hadn't wanted to risk losing it before it even started. But while things had blossomed between her and Kansas, things with Naniko had diminished. Savina had never wanted that. The two of them were the most important people in the world to her aside from her brother, and she would do anything for them. Feeling that distance between her leader and herself had torn the wolfess apart.

But things started to be mending. Maybe everything wasn't fine, but at least it was something. She looked at her friend and saw the nervousness that she had exhibited only moments before. Naniko needed her comfort just as much as she had needed her's. She stepped forward, closing the distance between them. Savina wrapped her arms around her friend, pulling her into a hug. "I think so too." She had thought of Naniko as a sister for a long time. "Let's never let anything pull us apart again. I hated feeling like I couldn't come to you. You mean so much to me, I just want everything to be okay."

[/html]
[html]

She didn't know why she kept everything bottled up inside. Normally Naniko led a semi-happy life...she didn't have many worries, and hadn't since Crimson Dreams had started up. This pack was like a dream to her, a very happy dream, where nothing could go wrong. So when things did go wrong, she didn't know how to handle them. She didn't enjoy confontation if she could help it, especially with Savina of all wolves. She wanted to keep their relationship clean and nice.

She reached out for the hug, embracing her friend tightly. She hadn't thought that it would feel this good just to hug Savina...but they hadn't even touched or anything for so long. "Nothing will pull us apart again. We will both make sure of it. If I'm ever acting weird...call me on it. And I'll do the same to you"

[/html]
[html]

It felt so good to hug her friend again. They had always had such an affectionate relationship, so being so distant (both physically and emotionally), had been very tough on her. But now she could feel things returning to normal. Returning to the way that they were meant to be. How it always should have been. "I promise I will. Sounds like the perfect plan." They would make sure that nothing like this would happen again. Confrontation was never easy, but she was glad that this one had happened.

Pulling away from Nani, she looked up at her, true happiness shining back in her eyes. "Well, I should get going." Savina gave her a quick lick on the cheek. "Say hi to Anu and the little ones for me." With that she left to head back upstairs, completely forgetting the food she had meant to get in the first place.

[/html]