I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ztable.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do! (OOC area.)

The night shaded male climbed slowly up the cellar stairs. The creaking was earie to hear but for how he didn't care. He pushed the door open with his back and continued into a large dinning room. Carefully, he lowered the dusty bottles of wine onto on of the many wooden tables. Looking around he nodded to himself pleased with his work.

The dinning room was perfect. It had taken a few searches to discover this room, a few halls away from the kitchen. It was plenty large enough for the pack and more to dine, with beautiful long dark oak tables, a bright pine floor, deep orange walls that contrasted the deep tinted tables. The male had even moved his grand piano from the library into one of the corners of this cozy room. A few large bay windows were accented white drapes. His large figure walked up to one of the mirrors to the outside and his smile grew. Early that afternoon he had been searching threw the basement for some decorations the humans used around this time of year only to find a strange fake tree, bows, bells, garland, and strange ordainments and nick-knacks. Upon finding a few dozen miniature lamp post he had placed them outside in the shape of a heart. Now, they were lit up magically as and snow was gently fallen to the already white covered ground.

Turning around and giving a small sniff the smell of his feast filled his nose. It had taken since the break of dawn to make such a wide range of foods. Walking along the tables he listed the foods allowed, "Turkey, roasted boar, moose and deer perfectly sliced, rabbit stew, smoked salmon, pheasant, mice skinned and roasted on a stick and cranberry sauce." Jazper had done some research threw human cook books for the deserts and grew found of two ideas. He had searched and searched for a couple of beehives and only found three in the territories with honey frozen. Breaking the honeycomb he wrapped separate strips around sticks and melted the honey back into a warm, sticky, viscous liquid and placed them on the silver serving plates that dressed the tables. Next, he had collected snow and ice and placed it in a large steel tin in the corner of the room and beside it was two bowls, one with mushed blueberrys and the other with cranberrys. By placing the snow in a bowl with the berry sauce he intended to have a desert that the humans called snow cones.

Finally, it was time. Quickly, he grabbed his freshly wrapped gift for Naniko. and placed it under the tree he had decorated the night before. Walking over to the door he flung a red scarf around his neck and mumbled, " Show time." He raised his large dark muzzle to the sky and a mighty howl echoed, momentary shaking the crystal shandilier in the center of the ceiling. The howl beckoned the pack to gather for a night of celebration.

[/html]
[html]
-fails at being on time for threads-

She had been able to smell what was cooking for hours now, but Naniko hadn't gone inside the mansion to see what was going on. She'd seen Jazper running around through the kitchen and main living room from outside, through one of the windows, and she'd made a guess at what he was doing. Naniko wasn't sure if this was something that he had wanted to do by himself, cooking dinner (maybe for Garnet?) but she didn't think that it was really proper to come in and invite herself to it.

When he howled, though, she realized it. they had spoken about having a gathering for the pack, one where they could all exchange the presents for their gift exchange! She'd almost forgotten about it. The Commander came up the slippery front steps carefully on all four legs, heading through the parlor and into the living room. The sight that met her eyes was very unexpected; all of the food! There was so much! "wow.." She commented, still looking at the table. "It looks fantastic!"

[/html]
*had been waiting for either Anu or Naniko to reply, dies* XD
[html]
Today, he decided, he was his mother's shadow. She would not or could not shake him for everything (unless she ran away, at which case he couldn't keep up). Always a few steps behind, he had tried very hard to be sneaky and quiet and had spent quite some time simply observing her and the things that she did. The way she acted, the way she went about her duties or whatever it was that she was doing. That he hadn't quite decided. She had watched the house off and on, so he did too. When she did something else, he would too.

And then there was something that grabbed all of their attentions without thought or consideration. A howl. His interest on his mother was lost completely in its sound duration, simply caught up in the sound, the meaning, the tone and the pitch and everything else that made it up. He even felt the subtle urges to try it himself but ultimately refrained, when the next sounds he heard were Naniko's paws scraping across the snow ice and and wood of the porch steps. She was getting away! Racing after her, Salem totally forgot about being all sneaky because he simply wanted to be close to her, and stumbled up the stairs in a disjointed manner.

Then the second thought dawned on him: they were going inside. That of course was probably the best thing they could ever do, because he didn't enjoy being out in that snow and cold as much as everyone else. And besides, the mansion smelled wonderful and was warm, though warmer than it usually was. There were smells here that he had never come across before, he noticed as he was no more two or three steps inside of the house. He trailed after Naniko as she went several steps ahead of him into the parlour and disappeared into the living room, and promptly crashed right into one of her back legs as he cut the corner into the room.

But he recovered easily, and slipped beneath her to look at the goods laid out.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ablev2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ZOMG LONG :o

The weather was starting to get colder and nastier by the day. There were times that it didn't bother the pumpkin pup too badly, but today he had opted to playing inside rather than out. Today he had taken on a great and mighty obstacle: the stairs. Not the everyday stairs that he had to climb to get into the house, but the ones that lead to the second level. He had never even attempted to tackle them before, but today had been the day. Even with his legs growing longer, it had taken him a large amount of time to get all the way to the top. But once he had, he had done a little victory lap in front of all the doors.

Then his mind had turned back to exploring this unknown part of the mansion. Little black nose sniffed the air, trying to pick up anything of particular interest. The thing that overpowered his sense at that moment was the smell of his mothers' dark friend Savina. Happily he had found the door that smelled the most like her and had nudged it open. But what lay inside hadn't been so happy. She was laying down and there were scratches all over her body and she looked really sad. Whimpering, tail and ears tucked, he walked over to her. Her eyes lit up a bit when she saw him and she said hello. The boy had then showered her face with kisses, hoping to make her feel better. Haven had asked what had happened to her but she avoided the subject saying it wasn't important. He thought it was! He wanted to know what had hurt her so he could stop it! But it was no use, the female wouldn't budge.

Suddenly a great howl rang through the house, both of their ears pricking forward. It was Jazper and he was calling for the pack. The pup looked excitedly to Savina, but her face was once again sorrowful. She told him that she wouldn't be able to join the pack tonight. He offered to stay with her but she licked his head and told him that he needed to go because she had a job for him. He was eager to do whatever he could for the nice lady, so he agreed.

Haven had finally reached the main level of the manor again as his mother and brother rushed past. He followed them as quickly as his load would permit. It was only when he walked into the large room where the others were that he finally noticed the amazing medley of delicious scents. But even that wasn't enough to distract him from completely his mission. He walked past Nani and Salem and up to Jazper. Gently he laid the package out in front of the large black male. "Jazpers, dis is for you from Savvy. She saids she can't comes." The boy wanted to blurt out that she was sad and hurt, but she had instructed him not to. She hadn't wanted to ruin the gathering for everyone else.

With that taken care of he turned to his family. "Hi's momma! Hi's Salem!" He said enthusiastically. The young wolf went and licked his brother on the nose.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ztable.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do! (OOC area.) Here's a ;ink for the pic of the necklace! Big Grin http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/257383...4a18bc0.jpg?v=0

As Naniko and Salem entered he made a small bow of greeting. A toothy grin welcomed the pup and the leader from the doorway and at Naniko's expression grew even wider. "I figure I needed to cover all my bases since I didn't know everyone's favourites." Looking down at Salem the Lieutenant chuckled. Leaning down onto one knee he winked at the boy, "Salem my lad, have you seem to have some snow on your nose!" With a large hand he flicked the boys nose playfully, "I've made plenty of warm food for you. You can have as much as you like as long as you promise to save some for ol' Jazz." Standing up to his full size he returned his golden gaze to his leader. "It's so strange to think I was that size no to long ago..."

Suddenly, another puppy appeared with surprising news. Leaning down he picked up the package and looked to the pup,"Thank you, Haven." He let the boy greet his brother and mother as he walked over to the tree and put down his own gift to pick up a black velvet square case. Walking over to Naniko he hid the case behind his back, "I'll pop out to check in on Savina personally later on. You, my friend, need to relax and stop playing super wolfess. Now, I know you don't get much time to yourself anymore and I owe you so much. If it weren't for you I don't know where I would have gone after the fire or who I would have become. So, I went into town and I got you a little something to make you feel pretty and special."Pulling the black case from behind his back he opened it gently. Inside, on top of white faberic, lay a necklace with a single ruby and little red balls for a chain. Motioning to her neck he asked, "May I have the honor?" The one thing he had remembered from his mother was to always be a gentlemen.

[/html]
[html]
Happy holidays!

Naniko didn't really know if she was good at getting and giving presents; most of the things that she owned were either things that she had found herself or things that she'd made with her own two hands...and she tended to give others those kinds of things too. She didn't think about how the humans valued things [precious gems and minerals], but about what someone might need and use. So the things that the female owned were very practical things that she used nearly every day. Books, weapons, herbs. It wasn't that Naniko didn't enjoy looking pretty, or wasn't feminine, she just didn't often get the chance to show that side of herself to the pack.

She felt a hard weight against one of her back legs as she entered the main room of the mansion and turned back to see what had crashed into her. Salem? She hadn't even heard him nearby. The boy was getting a little bigger, and this time he'd almost tripped her. Normally the pups' antics wouldn't have any effect on the large female. She leaned down, giving the pup a lick on the forehead.

Haven came next, announcing that Savina couldn't come. Naniko looked at him sharply, wondering how much he knew about the situation. It wasn't something that a pup should have to worry about, really... But a moment later her attention was captured by Jazper, and her tail began a slow wag. He was right. She had to stop worrying about things so much. She looked at the necklace that the dark boy held. It sparkled in the light, invitingly. She had given Anu a necklace earlier that month, but Naniko didn't have any necklaces herself. She leaned her head down so that he might put it around her neck. "It looks amazing. I love it. Did you find it in the city?" They had found some gems around Crimson Dreams, and she was curious about its origins. "And you're right. This will be a nice break from everything" She nodded in agreement.

The gift that she'd gotten for Geneva was sitting on the table; Naniko had brought it inside a day or so ago. It was a complete first aid kit, one stocked up with every type of medicine that she thought might be useful to the she-wolf. Pain killers, bandage, everything. And each was in its own separate glass bottle, carefully labelled. But Geneva wasn't here yet.

[/html]
[html]
Not too long after he had stumbled into the room, Haven wandered in and his enthusiasm filled the room with even more mirth. Salem went from returning his brother's lick to focusing on the table full of goods, only to have Naniko's head swing into his view and tear his attention away. His tail wagged easily under her gentle lick and he moved on from her then, only to have Jazper get in his way. A mixture of expression passed across his face, from frustration to being overwhelmed, but the thought marbles fell right out when he got a flick to the nose. He frowned immediately.

Though inwardly he may have known it was just out of jest or good will, he back-pedalled from the dark-haired werewolf, wrinkling his nose at the brief sting that was there. But it seemed that just as fast as that had happened… everything was being shuffled around again. Bodies moved and he got the space and room that he desired to get away. Slipping beneath the table, he gave a careful glance at its underside with a quivering nose. He could smell the food and his stomach twisted in uneasy knots, but he made no direct move to attempt to get it. Instead, he circled where he was to watch the others, and merely sat in the shadow under the table.
[/html]
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ground.png); margin-left:103px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; color:#225000; line-height:12px;font-family:verdana;padding-top:5px;">

The Aatte boy's attention wasn't at all on the exchange happening between Jazper and his mother. There were much more interesting things in this room! Like all the smells that were bombarding his tiny black nose. There was also a tree, inside! That was silly. Why was there a tree in here? Trees were supposed to be outside the house, not inside of them. And there was all this stuff all over it. What was that about? He shook his head, not understanding that it had something to do with the holiday season.

His tummy rumbled as his focus went back to the delicious smelling food. Jade eyes looked up at the table. He could make out some shapes on the edge of it, but he couldn't really see anything. Haven padded closer to the table, nose sniffing furiously. He could feel his mouth begin to water as the tantalizing smells filled his head. Awkwardly he stood up on his hind legs, attempting to get a better look and perhaps snatch some of the food. Just as he thought he might achieve this goal he lost his balance, tumbling backwards. Rolling around on his back, his legs flailed in the air.

[/html]