I recall the push more than the fall
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Forward dated to the 24th

It was her first time leaving the mansion in over a week. The cuts and bites on her form were healing fairly well, thanks to Naniko. She was lucky none of them had been too severe. Though at time she almost wish they had been. There hadn't been a single incident since the fight that she had complained to a soul about her wounds. It was because she knew that she deserved them. They were part of her punishment for breaking her promise to Kansas. For potentially putting her pack at risk. Of course they were the largest pack in the lands and Inferni wouldn't have a chance even if a war did happen. But still, the fact that that could have been a consequence of her actions filled her with such a self-loathing.

The dark fey stopped and sat down near the borders, the cold both soothing and stinging at her body. She knew that if anyone knew she had ventured out here in this cold they would have scolded her. The Lt. General really shouldn't have come out here. While her healing was going well, the frigid cold wouldn't do anything to help it. But she just had to get away from the house. It wasn't that anyone had been mean to her, quite the opposite. Everyone had been so caring and willing to help. It helped, but at the same time made her feel all the more awful for what she had done.

A shiver went up her spine as the white flakes of snow clung to her marred midnight fur, making her look like some ripped open night sky. Geneva had offered to help her learn some techniques that might assist in her controlling her temper. Though she wanted more. Savina wondered if there was someone out there who had a somewhat similar problem to her own that knew how to deal with it. She just couldn't risk this happening again. She couldn't live with it.

[/html]
[html]

Why in the world he couldn't stay home was beyond him. By now, his body was recovering its strength. He was putting weight on his bones again and his body was responding well. He was fitter now. He could leave Dahlia for longer periods of time. Hours, half a day. He could not bear the thought of sleeping somewhere else. His mind wandered, sometimes, to those who had left, to those he could no longer find. His paws, trudging through the falling snow and the forest floor, felt heavy as lead. His breath was laboured. He wanted to go home. But perhaps somewhere he would find Tayui or Pilot, perhaps somewhere they would still be there. Or maybe Ember, young sweet Ember, whom he had cherished so much.

It started reeking of wolf. Reeking. A sneer curled his lips. Reek indeed. He probably stank of pack now, after so many months alone. But maybe here, under all these scents, he would find those who remained in Shadowed Sun. Closer and closer he crept, until he saw the lone figure on the borders. He nearly shouted Ember's name, but the stature, the age, everything were different. She was not Ember. Lubomir nearly turned back, but now he had come so far, he might as well try. He went out into the open, unafraid. Indeed, he called out, You are a silent watcher, my lady. What could your pack have done, to warrant such protection?

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Emerald eyes stared into the blinding white landscape as the winds whipped around her. Her body was beginning to become numb to the cold. Though whether that was a good or bad thing, she couldn't decide. Was she sitting out in this weather she so hated to punish herself more? That was a good possibility. The girl felt wretched. She didn't deserve the love and care that everyone here offered her. The femme was a leader now, such foolhardy actions were unacceptable. They weren't even acceptable as an underling. If they did not hold the strong position that they did, all of them could have been at risk for that one stupid action of hers. That thought made her want to leave and never face them again. But that wasn't the answer either.

Her ears twitched as a voice carried over the air. Savina's head slowly turned to take in the form of a greyscale male. Her eyes that so often were filled with a friendly light were dark and dull. Any other time she would have wondered what he was doing here, but not today. The last time something like this had happened, she had found comfort in the words of a stranger. Maybe she'd be so lucky to have that happen again. "Nothing they have done. They are all wonderful. I'm the one that's to blame," she said with a surprising lack of emotion. "I'm not really watching for anything, I don't think. Right now I don't feel I deserve the comfort of my home."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait ;_;

So cold and numb. And not from the snow. Lubomir had seen that bleakness of spirit in himself, when he had gazed at his face in the waters of the rivers in his journey. And he knew that for all her youth, this female had suffered something horrid. It reminded him, in a way, of Mew, of his angel and her fight with Asphyxia. After miscarrying her pups, she had held that look of despair, that show of bleak spirit. And here it was again. Lubomir felt his heart give a painful jolt. Her words only emphasised the pain she semed to feel. We are all lost. I read, a long time ago, that in life it is not the destination, but the journey that matters. The people you meet, the things you see.

She spoke as if she were dying. It reminded Lubomir of the wolf he had met in the bookshop, how they had talked of so much. He had no clue where that wolf was. Perhaps he would find him again. But in this time and place, on the borders of this pack, staring into the eyes of the black female, Lubomir felt a need to help her. He padded closer, until he stood but feet from her. So young. And so utterly alone. Home is what you make of it. I came to this land months ago, from my home in the Old Country. I left my dead family behind. I found a new home here. What could you have done, lady, to warrant such harsh words?

[/html]
[html]
No worries!

His words intrigued her, and gave her some form of comfort. Though this was one experience her life's journey could have done without. She had felt bad after the other times it had happened, but nothing like this. The other times she hadn't been the leader of a pack. She hadn't chosen to share her life with another. Large, important responsibilities were on her shoulders, and she had shrugged them off in a fit of rage. What Hybrid had done to Pilot was awful, but was it really worth the cost now? Savina didn't think so.

Even in her emotionally fragile state, the obsidian fey could sense the kindness of the male. She was truly thankful for it. A part of her tried to smile at him as he moved closer, but her lips couldn't turn upwards. As if they had temporarily forgotten how to. She took a deep breath, there was no sense in beating around the bush. "I betrayed the trust of my pack...and my mate. A good friend had disappeared, and when I found him again he told me that a coyote from Inferni had...done things to him." The thought of it still made her sick to her stomach. "I was so angry that I ran off to find him. I have a problem, and when I become mad I can lose control of myself. I lost control and I got in a fight with that coyote. I don't really remember what happened exactly."

"But with that one foolish action I could have put the whole pack in danger. I had promised my mate that I would come to him for help when something like that happened. I broke that promise and I risked the safety of those I'm supposed to protect." Savina wondered if she should even qualify to be their Lt. General anymore. Would Naniko demote her? The femme couldn't blame her if she did.

[/html]
[html]

Lubomir had never known the hardship of responsibility. He had been sheltered, in a way, by his sister and his packmates. He had never had to be anything but another member of the pack. He had been the bard, the dreamer, someone who participated in hunts when he was needed. But Frigg, with her strength and dedication, had protected him from the wrath of others. In Shadowed Sun, he had had Skoll. So Lubomir could lie back and dream, read and write, drift through life. But now, coming back from his exile, he had to be responsible.

Inferni. Ever the coyotes. It tugged at his heartstrings, because Mew had suffered in Inferni. Lubomir could empathise completely. I know what you must have felt. A good friend of mine was hurt there. She got into a fight with a coyote and miscarried her pups. The male looked away. His angel, how she had hurt. And though he could not be sure of his exact feelings for her, he knew that the rage still boiled inside. Rage. As the female went on to explain, Lubomir's blood ran cold. She was, unbelievably enough, just like him. He walked so close to her he could see every twitch on her muzzle, every shred of light in her amazingly green eyes.

We are not so different, you and I. My lady, I do not readily admit this. I... I believe I can help you with your problem. His voice wavered slightly. Skoll had guessed this, but Lubomir had never admitted it to anyone, ever. But if he could help someone... if he could eviscerate the demon. The small voice in his head laughed distantly, but the male showed no outward recognition. You sense remorse. You are afraid. No lady, you are not a monster. I want to help you. I... I feel it, too. A voice. It calls and beckons and when it wins me over, I lose control. I remember nothing, I feel nothing. I could have killed a wolf. I have done things I regret. I never wish to see anyone go through the same. And in that moment, Lubomir felt himself take responsibility for the female.

[/html]
[html]

Her feelings about the coyote clan were so mixed up and confused. She knew Anselm, and Ryan. Both were perfectly nice, good people. She couldn't imagine Ryan hurting a fly. But then there seemed to be so much corruption and evil that spread out from them as well. The skulls on the pikes marking their border, this Hybrid, and apparently what had happened to this male's friend. Her heart wrenched at that thought. It was awful enough to lose a litter, but to have it happen in such a way must have been a hundred times worse. It seemed that many of the wolves around here who had such hatred towards coyotes were at least partially justified.

As she had explained what had happened, the male had moved closer to her, watching her intently. At first it was a little disconcerting, but that feeling was quickly washed away as he spoke. Her ears pricked up and she looked at him, jeweled orbs filled with hope. "R-Really? Y-You can?" It was a surprise, but an incredibly pleasant one. Geneva had offered to help her as well, but she hadn't been certain on the methods. But it sounded like he was. Her's was not a voice per se, only this wildly uncontrollable force that she could feel deep within her. However, there was no denying the similarity in their two conditions.

Savina's head nodded at his words. When it had happened this last time she had not remembered anything. And she had never felt any pain. It was only after she came back to her senses that the sting from the wounds ever registered. She moved her paw to rest it lightly on his. She understood his regret and pain perhaps better than anyone else could, for she felt it the same. "And I never want to cause this kind of hurt to my friends and loved ones again," she stated. There was little doubt in her mind that he would help her, but still, she felt the need to say it. "Please. Please help me."

[/html]
[html]

Helping. With no reward to be asked, for no reason other than the fact that it hurt to see another soul struggle with the burden. He could not make it go away through magic, he did not have that kind of skill. But he could teach her what Skoll had taught him, if only to ensure that the male's legacy did not fade away. Just thinking of his friend was enough to calm Lubomir's spirit, to soothe his rage and need for loss of control. That was what it was, a need to lose control. So entrapped in his rigid life in the Old Country, for all it had been carefree and fun, Lubomir had grown up with a firm belief that he had to be as good as Frigg, as strong and confident. But he had been helped and now he would help another.

Hush, my lady. Please. I will do my best. I should learn your name, first. Mine is Lubomir. A smile and warmth in the male's eyes. He could comfort her. He wanted to. So badly. But she had not given him permission to and she was much younger than him. He could frighten her. And here, on her territory, she could simply call the pack on him. Some time ago, I lost a good friend of mine. Before he died, he taught me simple meditation. He told me to focus on something that would keep me grounded in the rage. A scene, a person, whatever helped. Lubomir drew a deep breath. This next part would be somewhat difficult. In order to test how well it goes, you would have to enter that stage of fury. I do not know if you want to. He had not wanted to, in the beginning. But what else could he do? Risk killing Mew? No. So Lubomir had learned.

[/html]t
[html]
Oh snap. This will be interesting. ;D

Oh how silly, they hadn't even been properly introduced. Usually that was the first thing she did when meeting someone new. In her distraught mental state, however, it hadn't even occurred to her. For the first time in their conversation a small, but genuine, smile cracked her lips. "I'm Savina. It is very nice to meet you Lubomir." She listened intently as he began to explain what he thought could help her. Meditation. She believed that was something that Geneva had mentioned. It took her only a millisecond to think of something to keep her grounded. Kansas. Any moment she had spent with him was enough for her to want to shut the monster away. Though the one where he had asked her to be his mate perhaps would be best. Not only was it the happiest moment of her life, but it would remind her that her life was no her own anymore. It was intertwined with his.

However, what Lubomir said next shocked her to her very core. Her eyes grew wide and ears folded back. Did he know what he was asking? What he was risking? The sable wolf wouldn't be able to live with herself if she hurt an innocent person, she just couldn't. "But...I mean...I could..." she stuttered. Unable to collect her thoughts into a coherent sentence. Surely he knew the risk. Surely he wouldn't be saying this if there was any other way. Savina needed to know this, needed to be able to do this. The image of Kansas' pained face, unable to look her in the eyes, flashed before her. She took a deep breath. "I don't want to...but I guess I must. If it's the only way." Deep emerald eyes searched his out. "But if I'm unable to stop it, you have to run. As fast and as far away from me as you can." Her voice was deadly serious. "So, I just focus on this scene when I feel it happening?" I hope to the gods that you're right.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hell yes! Big Grin

Savina. She had a beautiful name, to suit her personality. He was not sure exactly what it meant and now was certainly not the time to ask, but he would remember it. One day, when she would be happy with herself, he might ask her. He could picture himself staying with her and talking. They could talk about everything and anything, because she understood him. She understood the base fear, the lurking monster he had to fight. She understood because she fought it too. So perhaps it came as no great surprise that she felt such great fear, that her voice trembled and shook. It made her more approachable. It meant he could reason with her. I promise you I will be fine. I have gone through this. A ritual of cleansing you might say. Trust me, Savina, you will be fine.

Lubomir moved a few steps back, carefully planting his paws in the ground. He would need to gauge her strength. His was not fully recovered, but it would do. Like she herself had pointed out, he could just run if things got ugly. But for now, he would have to tap into her anger. He needed to make her see him as the enemy. For whatever wrong had been inflicted on her, he needed to multiply it by a hundred. Not just focusing on the scene. As harsh as it will be, I need you to go back and relive it. Your friend's face. The injustice of the coyote. And I am the coyote. You want to hurt me. You want to punish me for hurting your friend. With each sentence, the male's voice grew deeper, stronger. Lubomir gave a little way to his own monster. He would need the strength and adrenaline to fight her, if she changed. He would shift. He would dodge. And by the gods, he would purge her conscience of her crimes.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Time for the hulk table! Maybe while he's trying to physically subdue her he can talk and try to reach her?

The thought of having to put herself back in that state of incomprehensible rage frightened her. Not only that, but to have to think of that scene, and then focus on Kansas to stop herself from losing control. Was she going to be able to do it? And what if she couldn't? Would she hurt him, or a member of her pack if they happened by? Her stomach churned and her legs shook. She shook her head. She needed to trust him. To trust that everything was going to be alright. Taking a deep breath she watched him move back. At his words the fey closed her eyes.

The image of Pilot formed in her mind. How broken he had been. He hadn't even been able to look at her for more than a second or to. "Pilot..." she muttered quietly. And then it hit her. When he had said what had happened, the name. Hybrid. She could feel her lips unveil glittering ivory canines. She remembered running. The rage pumping through her veins, just waiting to boil over. The monster stirred inside of her. Waking, waiting to grab for control. Then in the tide of her memories the scent came to her. The scent of that despicable creature. A deep growl rumbled in her throat.

Eyes popped open, but they were not the same calm gaze of Savina Marino. The image they took in was not of Lubomir, but of Hybrid. The fire ignited and raged inside of green eyes. The beast had seized her. Her slender body shifted and bulked, becoming almost unrecognizable. Hackles raised as the eyes continued to stare at the enemy. Inside Savina tried to fight, tried to focus on her love, but wasn't able to break through. Jet talons dug into the snow and earth, ready to launch forward. NO! STOP! Cries went unheard. The monster launched forward, charging straight towards Lubomir.

[/html]
[html]
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/ ... 85obr7.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC: I've whipped out the vampire table and sorry for the delay and all D:

Lubomir watched her undergo the change. He saw the beautiful form melt away into the shift and almost belatedly realised that he too would have to shift. The derisive voice in his head did nothing to subdue his anger. Instead, he let it flow over him, engulfing his body and shifting the muscles. His bones stretched, his tendons tautened and where the grey male had stood now towered the Optime form of Lubomir. Though not impressive in height, for Skoll had been much bigger, the presence of the beast showed. Shaking himself, the grey male bared deadly fangs. His eyes, though slightly clouded, retained the spark of reason. He had not given in entirely, instead loosing the beast to a certain extent. Just as much as he needed.

The shift had left him weakened though, and he barely managed to scramble out of her way, to safety. Panting, he moved around, so he stood behind her and to the side, hoping she would turn around. In all truth, Lubomir was scared. He was terrified. He knew that she could take him down, simply by virtue of his lack of strength. But he had gone down this path and it had not brought him anything but fear and self-hate. If he could deliver one soul from the darkness within, he was willing to take that risk. "Savina, listen to my voice. Let it be your guide. Tell me the name of that whom you most cherish. Who is it, Savina?" Lubomir's voice kept the lower tone, but the shout was loud and clear. He wanted Savina to hear, not the one charging at him. The use of her name, he thought, would be an anchor in the storm, something to latch on to. "You would not hurt me, Savina. That is not you. Think about your loved ones. Tell me the names."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
No worries!

300+

The beast snarled as he stumbled out of the way. Claws dug into the earth to stop herself. The wolf turned to face him again, eyes ablaze. But at his words her ears twitched and for a second her gaze flashed back to normal. Tell me the name of that whom you most cherish. Who is it, Savina? Lost inside the monster, she was rallied by those words. Using all her power she focused on her beloved: Kansas. She pictured his face, his smell, the feel of his hand on her face. The beast closed its eyes and shook its head. It was losing hold. "...Kansas..." It said in an almost unworldly voice. Suddenly the image of his face after the fight flashed into her mind. How he wouldn't even look at her. The beast roared, clutching its head. That had given it another surge of anger, though it was only at herself and no one else. Still, it managed to grab a firmer hold again and began to run at Lubomir.

As her body charged forward, not in her own control, Savina's will power grew. NO! I will not hurt him. I will not hurt ANYONE! Once again she focused on her mate. She thought of the day that he had asked her to be his mate. Out on the porch of the mansion where they had first met. She remembered the joy that had washed over her at the idea that he wanted to be with her and only her. And how she had felt exactly the same way. STOP THIS! In its steps the monster faltered, crashing to the ground. It slid up right to the feet of the gray male. With closed orbs, her body began to melt back into its natural form. Hulking muscles were replaced with slender lines. Once the process was over, her form still laid there silent, unmoving.

[/html]
[html]
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/ ... 85obr7.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC: For all my OOC activity, my IC is fail.

Excitement laced with fear. He danced a deadly dance, his feet skipping up and down the blade. He was a fool to believe this one time would change her, but he had tried. The beast in him loved the rush of this chase and he watched with growing anticipation as Savina mounted a second attack. But all that was replaced by Lubomir's reason. He watched and waited and his own heart went out to her, when finally she seemed to overcome the monster and fight it. For the grey male, Skoll was the one who kept him grounded. When he had confessed his weakness, his pack mate had listened and helped. He had trained Lubomir in a form of meditation, with focus on images and calm. It had been a relief, to finally chain the beast. Kansas. She did not sound like Savina but from somewhere inside that answer would be the key.

The attack never came. She regained herself and tumbled to the ground. Lubomir watched with dismay as she shifted back, only to lie motionless. Had he killed her? The monster roared with laughter at the irony of it all. But the grey male would not allow himself to be deterred. He knelt beside her, his fingers stroking her fur, his breath shallow. He was afraid, so very very afraid. But he would not allow that fear to take a hold of him and destroy him that way. "Savina, you did so well. You defeated the rage. Come, wake up, I will take care of you. You defeated that monster, you did so well." His voice low and soothing, the male's fingers did not once stop. "It's okay now. You defeated it. You and Kansas." It felt slightly foolish to say the name of someone he had never met, but Lubomir knew enough to understand that this Kansas was Savina's grounding in reality.
[/html]
[html]
300+

Everything had gone black. She felt nothing, heard nothing, smelled nothing. Just nothing. It was like she was suspended somewhere in pitch darkness by invisible hands that she could not feel. When the monster's grip on her had been pulled away something had snapped. What that something was, she had no idea, but she had felt it. Was she...dead? Savina didn't know how else to explain this state, but the thought made her want to scream and cry. Had her attempt to fight her inner demon been a fatal one? No...no, it couldn't end this way. It just couldn't.

Suddenly she felt the pads of her paws touch solid ground. Her eyes opened, yet still all she was blackness. But then, then in the distance there was a glistening of white and two bright orbs of green. They became closer and more distinct. A great, hulking canine stood before her. Fangs bared and eyes aflame. Savina had no idea who or what she was looking at until she heard a deep voice in her head. "I never be gone. I always be here. Inside you." Her eyes widened. That was what she turned into? While she stared at this strange image of herself a resoluteness crept up her spine. "Maybe. But I will control you. I won't let you hurt my loved ones again." The beast snarled, but she just snarled right back. "Go back into the shadows where you belong." At first she didn't think that it was going to listen to her, but then, reluctantly is slunk back into the nothingness.

Vaguely, she thought she heard a voice. And cold. It was very cold. Slowly her eyes opened, blinking hard against the bright whiteness that surrounded her. Where was she? Why did everything look so strange? It was then she realized that she was laying on her side. Then she felt the soft strokes on her fur of someone beside her. Startled emerald eyes looked around and finally took in the gray luperci sitting next to her. "L-Lubomir?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Wheeee. But meh. Short

Oh, thank the gods, she was alive. Lubomir could feel the tension rolling out of his body and he finally realised how bunched his muscles had been, how ready to bolt for help if need be. He couldn't really see what exactly he could explain, because he was an intruder. But he had promised to help, given his solemn word and by that he would stand. The grey male kept on touching her fur, making sure she was breathing. When she finally said his name, he smiled at her and softly replied, "Shh, don't strain yourself. You did so well. Perfect, in fact. I'm here now, if you need me to hold you or help you up." It was weird, because he didn't see it as cheating on Mew. He was helping a friend, someone who needed his presence right now. If she was strong enough to go home on her own he would let her. The last thing Lubomir wanted was to hurt Savina's pride.

"Kansas will be proud of you. Your whole pack will be. I know I am. You're strong, my ebony lady and one day you will defeat this monster forever." Still smiling, still stroking her back. The more he did the better he felt. It soothed him. She had done a lot better than he had that first time and he never had thought that something like this could make him feel so content. In a sense, he was passing on what Skoll had taught him. This was the best tribute he could pay his friend. "How are you feeling?"

[/html]
[html]
Psh! Is not short!

It...it had worked? Really worked? She wanted to pinch herself to make sure that this wasn't some kind of dream. Everything was alright. She hadn't hurt him. Her body felt a bit weak, but nothing that alarmed her. Savina rolled to lay on her stomach. Tentatively she tried to lift herself up on her legs, but felt them shake underneath her weight. It seemed those transformations really took it out of her. "Y-Yes. If you could help me at least sit up, that would be great. I think I'll need to just sit for a few moments though." The wolfess had already taken a physical blow from the fight, she knew better than to overly exert herself right now.

As he spoke again she looked at him, tears brimming in her eyes. "It...worked. I was able to stop it. Lubomir...I'll never be able to thank you enough. This means so, so much to me. I just..." The feeling of relief that washed over her was overwhelming. She burried her face in his fur without even thinking about it. "Ringraziarla. Ringraziarla così molto." Savina had found that in times like these she slipped back into her native tongue without even realizing it for the most part. Like it was easier to say that way. Not that it was hard to give him her thanks. She doubted anything would ever to be able to repay him for what he had given her.

After a few moments of silence she recomposed herself, taking a few deep breaths. "Fatigued, but aside from that alright." She would be able to make her own way back to the house, but she still needed a few moments of rest.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the delay! ^_^

Lubomir smiled at her again. Although he thought he had played a small role, it seemed the female did not think in such terms. He slowly eased his hand around her body and helped her up, retaining his grip. He couldn't let go of her now and embarrass himself. Instead, he used his free hand to keep stroking her fur reassuringly. She seemed so happy to have defeated her own dark side that he could only smile more. I was only the catalyst, Savina. You did everything else. If you weren't strong enough, you'd still be trapped in that shape.

It was perhaps the use of the foreign language that startled him more than her vehemence in relaying her thanks. Lubomir did not feel as if he had done anything less than what he would do for any friend. He couldn't let someone else become like him, haunted by the fear of turning into a vicious monster. To hear her speak so confidently gave him new hope. Wy jesteście pożądani Polish was a harsher language than Italian and he only knew a few words in Savina's language, most of which pertained to Emperor's names and locations. One day you could teach me Italian. That would be payment enough for me. His eyes sparkled with excitement and mischief. It would mean he would get to see her again and he would further his knowledge. He was unsure of how many books in Wolfville were in languages he could understand, so no harm would come from learning more.

That she would be tired seemed natural and Lubomir would not begrudge her at all. Would you like me to walk you to your den or would you someone to help you? The last thing needed now was to spark a conflict between their packs from a simple misunderstanding.

[/html]
[html]
No worries! Big Grin

She felt that he was being far too modest, but she wouldn't fault him for that. She was the same way. The fey did whatever she could to help others and while she appreciated the thanks, she didn't expect it or find it necessary. Knowing that she had don't something to help another was enough of a reward for her. "You may be right, but without you I couldn't have done it. Without your help I wouldn't have had any idea how to stop it. I would have just kept going on, terrified of the next time something made me angry. I'll still be wary of that, but I won't be as afraid anymore." The words that he spoke in the foreign tongue didn't make any sense to her, but then again the Italian she had used probably hadn't made any sense to him either. At his idea for "payment", she smiled broadly back at him. "I would love to. What was that language you just spoke?" It was nothing like the romance language she was born into.

While his continued company was something she would enjoy, she didn't want to risk her mate seeing them alone together. Usually she wouldn't worry about such things. Kansas knew that he could trust her not to be unfaithful to him. But ever since breaking her promise to him, they were having a rough time and she didn't want to risk adding to that. "I believe I'll be alright to make it there on my own. I just need to rest for a few more moments. Thank you for the offer, though" If circumstances had been different she would have probably taken him up on it. Now just wasn't the best time.

[/html]
[html]

He wondered why she needed him to be her hero. Lubomir certainly did not feel like one. To him, helping her overcome the fear and monster inside had been almost a duty. In part it was a duty to himself, so he could make sure that no one ever had to deal with that kind of fear again. But most of all it was a duty to Skoll and to the memory of the warrior who had taught him the basics of self-control. The grey male had to think sometimes: how many wolves in these lands were like him and Savina? How many simply accepted their darker sides and never fought them? Indeed, how many fought, how many won or lost? There was probably no way of knowing, as no one would willingly come forward and acknowledge the monster within. He pulled himself out of his reverie and smiled at Savina. Fear would only feed it further. Caution, as you point out, is the best course of action. Perhaps, in time, you will learn to release as much of its power as you need. But that is something you must decide for yourself. No one else can do it for you. The prospect of another language could only add to his joy. He didn't really know if she could learn Polish, harsh language that it was. Polish. On the maps of the humans, my pack was located in Poland, though we called it the Old Country. I'm not sure why, myself, except that wolves there seemed more conventional. The lack of desire to even accept their biped form was a hint, but houses built there were torn down and no wolf was taught how to read or write.

Lubomir did not question her further. She had her reasons and it certainly was not pride alone. He wondered what status she held in the pack and how it would be affected if she were seen with a stranger. He doubted Dahlia would have too much of a problem, after all he had invited Ember into the lands. She had family there, though, so maybe that played a role in the lenient rules. I understand, my lady. Lubomir smiled again. Truly he enjoyed her company.

[/html]