Brother, My Brother
[html]

Run run run.

Crawling out of bed the male let out a cough as he looked outside. The winter season was getting ot him now. It must have been the party from the week befor. Jazper had been up all day running around and for weeks before he had searched and hunted for different types of meat for the get together. Now, he dragged himself to the window and opened it releasing a small growl as the light increased the pounding in his head. Grummbling he stumbled out of his room and into the bathroom. Grabbing the first aid kit he looked threw it in confusion, "What the hell does what? Agh..." Slamming the case shut he started out and downstairs. Entering a room he fell onto the bed. With a Pulling out a toy from underneath him. It was a teddy bear Deuce had gotten for the boys when they were younger. Looking around he caught the smell of Apollo and Sirius. He missed having them around to play with. He always loved being an older brother.
[/html]
[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

He had spent a night under the stars. Maybe not the smartest idea, but he was equipped enough for it. He thanked his arctic blood for that. He had become used to sleeping inside the mansion now and so the cold ground had seemed so foreign to him. The night sky, however, was much appreciated. He missed watching the twinkling stars overhead as he feel asleep. All of the nights he was alone, he would somehow feel as if he weren’t so secluded when gazing towards the starry night.

Bringing himself up the stairs, he headed towards he and his brother’s old bedroom. Upon returning to Twilight Vale (or Crimson Dreams now) he had half expected to find it occupied. Despite the passage of time, it remained much the same. Sirius’ forgotten toys still remained strewn across the floor. Apollo paused in the doorway, leaning against the wooden frame as he peered into towards the familiar figure inside his room. A small grin caught his lips. They had both gotten older, and it was strange to see just how large Jazper had grown. "Hey bro," he greeted, because in his messed up life of blood and ties, these two were related.

[/html]
[html]

It amazed him how wolves could spend their lives wandering, being alone and traveling. Sure it would be amazing to see the world and the solitude would be nice every now and again but he just couldn't picture himself like that. Obviously the Rhiannon, Sawtoothson, and Haddon genes carried this urge. While they were all off traveling, or creating drama Jazper stayed with his home pack, slowly going up in the world and starting a new life with a mate. Typical Jazper, always following the guidelines of life and playing it safe. His nose twitched as Apollo's scent grew stonger through his half stuffed nose. Being caught off guard he jumped to his feet, throwing the teddybear at the source of the voice that had brought him back from his thoughts. Realizing that this stranger was not a stranger at all he began to grin from perked ear to perked ear as he half way bounced up to the white wolf before him and entangled him in a bear hug, lifting him off the ground slighty. "Apollo! What are you doing here little brother?"

[/html]
[html]

The crooked smile broke into a much broader, shocked grin. He didn’t expect such an enthusiastic greeting from his brother, but he had to admit that he didn’t mind so much. It was nice going somewhere and finding that there were people who truly cared about you. He had seen that when he had first come across Savina when he had crossed the Halcyon range. He returned the hug, patting his brother on the back as the floor was swept under his feet and he was briefly lifted into the air. "You sure are strong, aren’t you?" Apollo laughed, as he was let back down to the floor. "It’s been a while." A few months to be exact, he thought. "I came home," he added, holding out his arms on either side as he answered Jazper’s question.

[/html]
[html]

300+

Placing the white male on the floor and sizing him up and down. Now that they were older the Knight boy had a better concept of the relationship he shared with the wolves around him. For instance, he now knew that Apollo was Pilot Haddon's son, not Deuces. Deuce and Dierdre's sons had mixed together, grew up together, though Jazper had stayed home while the others traveled. Though both females had been his mother in his life he now felt like he was more of Deuce's son then originally Dierdre's. This made him both Apollo's uncle and brother. Either way he looked at it the Haddon boy was family and this meant he was naturally protective...as always.

Turning his body away from his brother he let out a few deep coughs and turned arough with a groan. "Sorry..woke up sick" Looking the white male over quickly a small smirk grew on Jazper's lips. "You I'd trade my size for your blood any day Apollo." He shuffled back to the bed and pat the furs beside him, motioning for the snow coloured male to join him, "You've got mum's colour and eyes. I know you never new Dierdre and I only new her for a brief month but she was a great woman. Now i've got Deuce and Lucifer. You're lucky you have a family that your blood to and they care about. I'm only family as long as I don't make mom and dad angry..and I just royally pissed of Lucifer and Deuce by taking a coyote, Garnet, as my mate. She's a sweet tiny thing I swear, not a mean bone in her body." Shaking his head he turned his golds, "Tell me, what have you done? What have you seen? What brings on your change of heart to come home?"

[/html]
[html]

Apollo couldn’t help but let the grin broaden across his face. He took the invitation from his brother and went to sit on the skins beside him. "Yeah, I’ve always been told I have mum’s eyes. I wish I could of seen for myself," he added, feeling sort of melancholy when he thought of his long lost mother. He had been told to have hope in her survival, but he had to wonder... wouldn’t she have come back for her children if she had survived the terrible fire? "Well, that’s great, Jazper. A mate, huh? Who cares if she’s a coyote. Deuce and Lucifer will come around, I’m sure. I bet she’s a real sweetheart, huh?" He wondered if Garnet was anything like Savina – the one girl in Apollo’s life that he had always had weak knees for. "Well, Jazper, to tell you the truth, I’m not sure what to tell you. I went north from here, and saw some other people. I learned more about hunting and fighting, though only in Optime. I don’t shift much ever since I hit my seven months. I met some good people, and some awful ones. And while I was away, I realized there were a lot of people I missed. I think I had to leave to realize how much I appreciate my family and friends."

[/html]
[html]

Wraping it up Smile

The over sized softie's smile grew as he listened to Apollo's encouragement. He was right! Who cared if she was a coyote. He couldn't help but feel more hope. The wolves of Crimson Dreams had never judged a new comer based on their parents. Jazz was just happy to be part of a pack that had the sense not to judge his mate. With a nod he chuckled, “Yep! She's small but full of fire. She has a black coat and red eyes, three white dots under an eye. We met over in Halifax while I was playing a violin I found in an old music shop. Since then she's moved in to the pack with me and that old shop is now a beauty.” His chest rose with pride. He had worked weeks on perfecting that shop. He was actually quite the visionary when it came to restoring things. It was one of the many ways he spent his days in the Mansion. Taking in his brothers travels the black giant nodded, “I don't think many of us shift anyways. I only shift down to a Secui form for hunting with the pack. I admit I'm no good hunting on two legs. You'll have to teach me sometime.” Standing up he headed towards the door and tossed the teddy bear back to the now grown boy,“ Well Apollo, it's good to have you back little brother.” With a wink Jazz left the white wolf to himself.

[/html]