I sunk below where I swore I would never go
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She's in their room, being emo. Yay! XD

The cuts and bites that riddled her body were more or less healed now. But they were still glaringly obvious against her obsidian fur. Sticking out, puffed and ugly. As ugly as the thing she had done. Ever since the fight she hadn't shifted. Naniko had instructed her not to, not until she was healed. But for the wolfess who had only started shifting a few months ago, it was beginning to drive her mad. Whenever she was around Kansas she wanted to wrap her arms around him, but she couldn't. Even if she could shift she didn't know if she could bring herself to do that, after the way she'd hurt him.

Something had to be done though. She felt like a caged animal. Savina closed her eyes and began to focus on shifting, though as slow as she possibly could. As her limbs began to elongate and her skin began to stretch she whined. She couldn't stop now, she had to go through with it. It was a few minutes before the transformation was complete. The fey moved to a sitting position and winced. Emerald eyes searched and found crimson blood leaking through her fur. One of the wounds on her left arm had opened back up a bit. "Damnit!" Her head fell into her hands, sobs shuddering her slender form. Why was she so stupid? Why did she always have to mess everything up?

[/html]
[html]
I hope this is okay.

He still thought of the promises they'd made each other, when they'd first fallen in love. It was like an exchange of gifts, each vow strengthening their devotion, making each of them happier. He liked thinking of it that way. Pride swelled within him every time he thought of what he'd said—he would never drink again—and that he had still held true to his word. Anything for her.

He wasn't angry with Savina for fighting Hybrid. She'd not been able to help it, and he understood that. Kansas sighed as he pushed open the door to their room. He inhaled sharply when he saw her huddled on their floor, blood oozing from one of the wounds on her arm. She had shifted: one of the things she had been told not to do. He sighed softly, moving to her side in an instant. "Savina—" A pause as he took the hand of her wounded arm. "Let... let me see..." His voice was softly morose.

He wanted to help her so badly. Rising to his feet, he gazed frantically about the room, looking for something to help. His days helping Naniko with injured animals had been very beneficial; he knew what he was looking for. He soon found a thin cotton blanket, which he took and pressed firmly against the open sore. "Can... you hold that there?" He wished to take her into his arms. The moment was tense; he didn't know what she needed from him. She obviously didn't want his help. Or else she would have come to him first... Like she'd promised him. And that was what hurt the most. "Why did you shift...?" A feeble attempt to prove to her that he could help. Because he cared enough to question her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Is gut!

As she heard Kansas enter the room she felt a strange mix of emotions. Relief, that was definitely there. But she was also mad at herself for messing things up again. But if anyone was going to see her as this broken mess, then she wanted it to be him. Just because she knew that he wouldn't judge her. She probably deserved to be judged, but she just couldn't handle it right now. As he took her hand she squeezed it hard, never wanting to let go. He was her lifeline. But he slipped away, bringing back a blanket to stop the bleeding. Savina nodded her head and pressed the cloth against her arm.

She could sense his hurt, she knew that all this was still bothering him. It killed her that she'd made him feel that way. The girl wished so badly that she could go back and stop the fight from ever happening. As his question hit her ears she couldn't take it anymore. She lurched forward, wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her tear-stained face in his chest. "I-I'm sorry, I j-just wanted to be able to hold you again." She continued to sob between words. "I'm so s-sorry for everything! I should have come to you. I hate myself for not coming to you..." Her fingers gripped his fur tightly, afraid he might disappear.

"I should have kept my p-promise. You deserve better than that. You deserve better than me..." Everything she feared and felt fell from her lips. If she had seemed at all distant from him, it was only because of how she felt about herself. Kansas had done so much for her, and she had let him down. "I'm so so so so sorry..." Savina didn't think she'd ever be able to apologize enough.

[/html]
[html]
*fail*

He tried keeping the cloth to her skin for as long as he could, readjusting it so that a fresh area touched her skin when one became soaked with blood. Fortunately, the bleeding stopped quickly, in time for her to wrap her small, thin arms around him, so that the bloody blanket fell away. He felt her body trembling against him, his chest dampening with the moisture of her tears. The reason for her failure to follow Naniko's intructions nearly tore him in half. She'd put herself through that for him. He didn't understand.

They'd talked about what had happened before. She'd apologized, but he hadn't been willing to listen yet. He let himself brood, dwelling on the idea that he might, after all, be to her what he'd initially feared. A sorry excuse, a wuss without a backbone. And that was why she didn't want his help. Perhaps she was right—he may not have been able to smooth things over with Hybrid. But he would have tried. For her.

Her hands dug into his fur as if he would materialize into thin air at any moment. Kansas wrapped one muscular arm around her, using the other to support them. He rested his chin on her head and let her say what she wanted, sobs still racking her slender body. "No, Savina," came his quiet response. "No, I just want you. Please don't say... things like that." Something like this wouldn't compromise his love for her; not a chance. "But... I just want to know... I want to know why. I would have helped. I would have tried, Savina."

[/html]
[html]
Nevah!
wc 380

As one of his arms wrapped around her, a small wave of relief washed over her. She continued to cry, but a little more subdued than before. Savina really couldn't help it. The whole thing had just been gnawing on her constantly. Even though they had talked before, things still weren't right. She didn't blame him though. If she had been in his position she would have felt the same way. The knowledge that she had hurt his sweet heart made her sick with herself. Everyone had been telling her that she wasn't a monster, and though they were right, doing such a thing to him certainly made her feel like one. "Kansas it had nothing to do with you. I...I trust you more than anybody." To her such an admission was a big deal. With what Serge had done to their family, the girl had never expected to be able to trust a male so completely.

"It all...it just happened so fast. I found Pilot just outside the borders. He wouldn't even look at me, would barely talk." Her friend had been a ghost, just a shell. It may have looked like Pilot, but the soul inside had been shattered. "Then...when he said that Hybrid had...done things to him...I just lost it. I wasn't thinking at all. I just...took off." If she had been prepared for what she had learned, perhaps things might have gone differently. But the rage had blindsided her. Savina lifted herself up from his chest, wiping her eyes. She took Kansas' hand that had been wrapped around her, gripping it with both of her own. Drowned emerald orbs looked pleadingly into his bright blue ones.

"I know you would have helped. I know that with all my heart. But when that happened my brain shut down. Otherwise I...I would have come to you. I would." She couldn't bare the thought of him not believing her. She hoped that he could see the truth in her eyes, just as she had seen it in his that one night. The fey had made a huge mistake, she knew that. But she was going to do everything in her power to make sure it didn't happen again. She had the tools. Now she just needed his trust back.

[/html]
[html]

How ridiculous it was that her eased sobbing comforted him. He didn't want her to feel embarrassed or vulnerable for crying. Though he could see how she might, he hoped not; he was almost certain it was doing her some good. As he held her, he pressed his lips against her forehead; a long, soft kissed that he hoped was somehow helpful. Honestly, he didn't know exactly what to do. He wasn't angry, just confused. Just desperate to make himself understand what was going on inside her. He'd never felt this before, this odd combination of ignorance, concern, guilt and helplessness.

So Kansas just listened to her. This girl, who he loved, spoke with pain in her voice, and guilt ten times the size of his. He felt terrible for the frustration he'd felt at first, because as she talked he could sense she was truly sorry. What shocked him was that Pilot was involved, and his eyes widened with horror; she didn't need to say exactly what had happened. Pilot had been his sitter as a child. "Oh..." Kansas held her more tightly. He wasn't even sure what he would have done under the same circumstances. "I-I didn't know. I'm—"

She he released her, found her gaze in his. Her eyes were shimmering with tears. He had to look away, hating to see her so torn apart about this. What she needed was his reassurance, not his questions. When he looked back, he caressed her cheek softly with his fingers. "It's okay. I... I know you would. I just got so... worried. She could have killed you." He wanted so badly for her to have meant what she said: that she trusted him. But at least she'd found someone, and she was alive. "I can't tell you how—happy I am that you're okay. Whatever you need to do to get through this... Just tell me what I can do, if anything." His face was serious. He couldn't bear losing her. Hopefully she knew she could come to him whenever she needed something from him. Even just a kiss goodnight.

[/html]
[html]
300+

As she continued to express everything that had happened, she began to feel the awkwardness melting between them. Never had she meant to hurt him. There was no denying that she had, but it had never been her intention. The gods knew she had beat herself up in her head about this all on multiple occasions. The only thing that had kept her half-way sane was the hope that he would be able to forgive her. She knew how much the thought of losing him frightened her, and she had made him come too close to that. She had come too close to making him lose her.

As Kansas touched her cheek one of her hands moved up to lightly rest on his, keeping his hand there. Her eyes closed, a few stray tears still leaking from them. "I-I know. And I'm so sorry for making you worry like that." Savina knew how awful she would have felt if it had been him. "The other day, I met a wolf who has a similar problem to me. He showed me how I could control it. This thing inside of me." She opened her eyes back up, looking at her love. "He told me to focus on a moment. The happiest I could think of, something that would ground me. What I thought of was you. When you asked me to be your mate. That was the best thing that's ever happened to me." The fey rubbed his cream cheek gently with her thumb. "I know how to stop it now. I will do everything I possibly can to keep something like this from happening again."

Gingerly she hooked her arms under his, running her fingers across his back as she pulled him close. She planted light kisses on his cheek. "Can you forgive me?" It may have been clear from what he had said, but she needed to be sure. She needed to know that they were okay. "I'll always come to you whenever I need you." The Italian girl moved her lips so they were right next to his ear. "And I'll always need you."

[/html]
[html]

Her eyes were glimmering with tears, like emeralds at the bottom the ocean. She looked so hurt, but she was still beautiful. There was something pleading about them, and he couldn't have begrudged her even if he'd wanted to. Her hand against his was cool. He hoped some of the chill inside her was falling away, and the tears still in her eyes were among the last she would cry today. No matter how hurt he felt, he just wanted to see her smile again.

His hand left her cheek, taking her fingers with it, resting at her knee. He listened as she told of someone who had helped her; he fought back the tinge of skepticism when she didn't give a name. She'd found help and that was all that mattered... And he felt his chest and face warm with pleasure as she continued. Even if he lacked the skill to cure her of her problem, she could think of him and be peaceful. "That means so much to me," he told her with blunt but happy sincerity.

"...Of course I do. I'd never hold something against you, not something like this." That small, boyish smile. "We... we can put it behind us, I think." Kansas was not an optimist. But this time, he really believed they could move forward. He kissed her. He didn't want her to feel badly about this anymore, because he didn't.

[/html]
[html]
Fwee! Wrap this one up and then zomg baby-making time? I'll send you a PM with idears.

The shackles that had been suffocating her heart finally burst open. The last remaining tears in her eyes turned to ones of thankful elation. The Sadira male had become the biggest and most important part of her world. As long as they had each other and were alright the rest would work itself out. She wished that she could promise him that she would never ever let him down again, but she knew that there was no way to guarantee that. But she would do everything she possible could to avoid anything like this ever happening again. Never again did she want to be the cause of his displeasure.

As he kissed her she moved one hand to run through the hair on the back of his head. It felt like forever since they had kissed. It reaffirmed that they were going to be able to move on and put this whole mess behind them (but she would never let herself forget). Savina looked into his eyes, a happy light once more flickering in her own. "I love you Kansas. More than anything in the world." Her thin fingers played with his mane, loving the feel of his fur between them.

[/html]
[html]
This thread is so sweet it's making me sad. Sad

Though he was sure she'd never do anything to hurt him past mending, Kansas knew he could forgive her for most anything. His own father had disappeared on him, but he'd probably made deeper amends with Phoenix in his heart than his sisters had. He was the pushover. Grudges remained, but faded with time. And he'd never cared for anyone like he cared for the woman before him, so she needn't worry about his keeping something against her.

Her eyes were finally warm, her tears trickling into her smile: a sign that she was okay. As she touched his hair he leaned into her for a kiss, rubbing her cheek tenderly as he did so. "I love you too."

[/html]