If only time flew like a dove
[html]

It had been a while since she had really sat back and relaxed, a day when she hadn't done anything at all. Without the pups there in the den she had a lot of free time to herself, but she had been spending that time doing other useful things for the pack; making medicines, cleaning the rooms of the mansion up, or clearing out the dead, frozen weeds from the garden.

It was a little bit warmer today and Naniko was taking advantage of it, laying out on her back on the front porch. She'd almost forgotten what it was like to slow down and take a break. It was great!

[/html]
[html]

Jazper had been out for the morning scouting the territory for signs of any new activities. As usual, nothing had happened out of the ordenary. The sun was now high in the sky leaving the Captain warmer then he had been in weeks. The lake was a sight for sore eyes to the male, he loved the water and someday he hoped he would learn to sail. As it was, for now he was left stranded on land hunting and protecting the territory and everyone in it. With more pups then ever he dared not skip a morning or night walk around the border. As he returned home he spotted Naniko bathing in the sunlight on the porch. Walking quietly up to her he layed down next to her with a smile, "Finaly relaxing I see. 'Bout time, course now you have Simon watching Mati and I like a hawk so you dont have to worry about us causing any trouble." Laughing his smile grew. He had only met Simon just over a week ago but he had been graced with his company often, unless he was off playing knight to Mati.

[/html]
[html]
I'm gonna reply anyway so that this isn't sitting for a while, and Simon can jump in whenever :]

She had really liked the necklace that Jazper had given her for Christmas. Naniko didn't own a lot of jewelry, but she wore the necklace almost every day. Sometimes she had patients who would try and grab onto it--so she had to take it off whenever she decided to work with her herbs. Other than those times, though, it hung around the Commander's neck. Maybe the reason that she hadn't worn jewelry before was because she hadn't had anyone give her any in a while.

She grinned when Jazper approached, nodding in agreement. "That's right--you two are definitely the troublemakers in the pack. How's Simon doing? Is he settling in alright?" She wasn't sure if the young male would be staying in the den with her and Anu in their den, somewhere in the mansion, or with Jazper.

[/html]
[html]The puppy in question wasn't far away at all. In fact, he was right underneath Naniko and Jaz's noses, almost literally. The sandy-colored puppy lurked beneath the porch, shooing spiders that dropped down in front of him. He belly-crawled beneath the stairs of the porch, having to hold in his laughter as the two adults talked about him. He crawled as quietly as possible, rustling some of the snow on the ground as he emerged from the porch.

He mounted the stairs proudly, with little head held high and a streak of dirt on the side of his muzzle. "I's good, milady Naniko!" he said with a flourish, bowing his head to his queen. He realized that lurking and listening in on the conversation that the Queen and her Knight were having probably wasn't the most chivalrous thing. He hastened to explain his entrance. "I been practicing reconnaissance," he said apologetically. Then he brightened. "I's be getting good, I think, to sneak on Jazper!" He rounded on the big man and his tail began to wag wildly. "I bet one day you can be the squire and I can teach you stuff!" he teased lightly and winked. He really liked the big man. He was learning a lot from him.

[/html]
[html]

WC:300+

The sun warmed his black fur nicely as he lay beside his leader, ears perked happily. It was good to be in Crimson Dreams, everything was under control, safe. Naniko and Savina had done a wonderful with the pack and the family was large, with a vast range of wolves and even a coyote and mix thrown into the bunch. With a deep breath he sighed, "Sure always worry about the pup." Rolling over on his side he stuck out his tongue playfully at Naniko, "So Nani, where you just born to be a leader or did you just learn it? I mean I use to think about one day running a pack but this is just home now. Don't think I could ever have enough heart to move away. I mean I guess it's good for me to stay here with you then with mom or dad, I still feel like a child sometimes around them and their fighting..." His conversation was cut short as a rustle made him jump into a protective kneeling stance in front of Naniko, skin twitching above his front teeth. As Simon's small body came into view happy and care free, Jazper instantly relaxed into a smile which only grew as the boy spoke. Plunking himself down back beside Naniko the large males mind was filled with the question: Why hadn't he caught the scent? Taking in another gust of air he looked to Naniko with a snort, "I think I need something to clear up my nose..." Looking to Simon he smiled once more giving a playful growl. The boys energy boosted Jazper's as he grabbed the boy's small body under a large arm, rubbing a large fist into the pups sandy head careful not to hurt him. "Good luck with that lad!" He chuckled.

[/html]
[html]

In her mind, she still sometimes thought of Jazper as a pup. He was one of the members that had been there since the beginning, though, and he deserved a lot of respect for that. He would always be little Jazper to her...but she couldn't dismiss the fact that he was getting older and that he was an adult in the pack now. Really, he wasn't that much younger than her...less than a year, maybe. She wasn't sure. "Naturally" She joked back, grinning.

The question made her think for a moment. "I had to do things at a very young age that many others didn't have to. Losing my parents, breaking my leg, and then having Iskata disappear on me...all of it added up. I don't think that I would have been the same wolf if I hadn't met Conri back then--he was such a big help. I think that he changed me into a better wolf, over time. Made me stronger. Do you feel stronger when you're around Garnet?" She asked.

She became alarmed when Jazper got up, standing up as well to look and see what was wrong. But it seemed as if nothing was amiss; it was only Simon, the pup that they'd been talking about a moment earlier. "Hello there, Simon." She greeted, sitting back down in the place she had previously been occupying. "A squire? Maybe when Jazz is an old man--too old to move around much. Then you could beat him"

[/html]