For everything there is a season
[html]

Well, she was back again. Sort of; she had no intentions of rejoining Dahlia de Mai. Her sister was no longer there, and the time she'd spent at the bottom of the ranks, while understandable, had soured her to the pack. She was guilty, in a way, having left them with no Herbalist while she selfishly holed herself away in the mountains. There really had been no call for it, her departure, she'd had no reason to go. Not one Soul had told her she had to go. But go she had, a little over two months ago, at Samhain. Oh, she'd been planning to leave the pack itself... but the decision to vacation had come later.

She now stood near the edge of Berwick, nearer the springs than the Vineyard, not calling out, simply sitting, knees tucked against her clad chest, waiting for whomever might see her first, but hoping especially to gain entry long enough to head into Wolfville to gather some supplies from her clinic -- the possessive used in the loosest sense, as the clinic no longer really belonged to her -- and to be able to speak to Cercelee. Tobias, the red-tailed hawk that she and Pilot had saved, swirled lazily above her head, never far from her. The female hummed a tune to herself, her eyes alertly scanning the surroundings.

Nullam ipsum nunc, vulputate nec, nonummy euismod, tempus a, mauris.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">

She's got colors to spare and i don't care what they choose
     Cercelee did not think it strange that she found the women sitting on their borders. Distantly she remembered Laruku’s disdain for the coming and going of all the wolves of Clouded Tears and she wondered if Dahlia de Mai would have that trait as well. Cercelee had every right to be irritated with the leaving and return of Hanna, with no word on why she left she had simply abandoned them and still no one had taken her post as an herbalist. Thankfully they had not needed such skills in the past two months, but that did not mean they would never be needed. Even so Cercelee approached the female not with irritation or annoyance, but just with a simple curiosity as to why, after leaving, the female was back.

The alabaster Rosea had been wandering the fields and forest bordering Berwick when she had scented and sighted the female and now she emerged, navy eyes questioningly meeting those of the ebony lady. Coming up, Cercelee merely nodded her head in acknowledgement of their past relations, knowing that it had been Colibri who had held Hanna to the pack, rather than her, Mew, or any of the others who resided here. They had never been very close, but they had been friends and pack mates, Cercelee had been disappointed at Hanna’s disappearance. Her words were not chilled, but efficient and smooth. "Hanna? What are you doing here? I thought you’d left for good.”
[/html]
[html]

It was not long before the white-furred alphess disentangled herself from the shadows of the trees and high grass and stepped toward Hanna. The latter caught the gaze of the former, momentarily, reading her face. Hanna was a tad bit amazed to find, not anger, not malice, but frustration and curiosity. The ebony woman frowned momentarily to herself. Well.. it wasn't all that surprising; after all, she'd up and left with nary a word about the fact. She'd failed to find and/or appoint a new medic, and she felt deeply angry with herself for that. What if, during the course of her two-month absence, someone had gotten pregnant, and it went wrong, as Mew's had? What if someone had gotten into a fight and needed patched? She wasn't here to do that, and it wasn't right.

Hanna did not expect to be welcomed back with open arms. She almost expected to be chased from the borders. But when Cer's voice, silky and smooth, though not cold, cut through the air, asking her why she was back, Hanna pleasantly returned the dip of the head, hers maybe a smidge lower, and replied evenly, Cercelee. I thought I'd left for good too.

She paused, considering how best to say what needed said. After drawing breath, she continued her story, I felt.. trapped here. Not by my duties as Herbalist; I enjoy taking care of people. I felt more trapped.. I guess I really don't know why, I just felt that way. It was a claustrophobic feeling, and I couldn't shake it no matter how far I roamed. I ended up on the Halcyon Mountain range, staring down into the old lands. I carved some sort of life by myself up there, with Tobias, she gestured to the hawk, ever circling above her, to help me hunt. I soon realized how badly I'd wronged you and the pack, and I came back to right that wrong.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">

Cercelee nodded at the female’s explanation. If Dahlia wasn’t home to the lady, Cercelee did not begrudge her leaving, but a word of goodbye would have been appreciated. Coming back to tell Cercelee of why she left was one thing, but that did not fill their void of “herbalist”. Thankfully, they hadn’t had need of one lately. "Well then, I know you’re not here to rejoin our ranks. However, I won’t hold a grudge that you left, I just wish you had said something before.” Yet she hadn’t, and they couldn’t change the past, Cercelee dismissed the subject with a shrug.

Still the lady stood before them, and Cercelee didn’t know much what to say. Had she only come to right the wrong by excusing her absence or was there more? Cercelee didn’t like the uncertainty that if something happened, they would have to rely on outside help to heal their wounded. Cercelee knew Naniko was a skilled healer, but she was far off in Crimson Dreams, leading her own pack and healing her own wounded, she wouldn’t have time to come to Dahlia de Mai if Cercelee needed a healer. Hanna was too unhappy here to stay, she too might be too far away, too busy if the need arose. Cercelee smiled at the lady and just watched, waiting to see if there was more to Hanna’s visit.
[/html]
[html]

I know. I was extremely irresponsible. I probably deserve the wrath you're not giving me. But there's more. If you'll have me, I'd like to continue acting as Dahlia's Herbalist. I've been staying where Shattered Coast, Whisper Beach, and Ethereal Eclipse all meet together, in a little cabin. Toby is learning to understand some simple messages, and could help with this, too. The red-tail already knew Hanna's name. He understood 'come' and could convey to her that she was needed if there was no one about who knew the Low Speech required to elaborate. Hanna would be on the move the moment the hawk swooped over her.

The only foreseeable problem would be if Hanna chose to join a pack. It still would be possible for her to be both packs' medic, she could live off-site and be available to both packs. She would take that in stride, however; joining a pack was not an immediate priority to her. She wanted first to speak with the leaders of the packs, and get to know more about them. Only then would she feel comfortable.

[/html]
[html]

Silence encompassed them as Cercelee considered the offer from the sable female. On one hand they did need some sort of medic, in case of emergency especially, but on the other Hanna had left once before and she was not exactly pledging herself to the pack now. The area Hanna spoke of was not far from Dahlia de Mai, but Hanna might travel. When one was dedicated to a pack, others were more likely than not to find them at home, but when one lived in neutral territory their den, cabin, or whatever was usually just more of a home base, somewhere to crash between wanderings. Cercelee studied Hanna with thoughtful eyes, knowing the female meant for the best for both Dahlia and herself, but in the end shook her head sadly.

"I’m sorry Hanna, I do not think I can accept that offer. Certainly if anyone from my pack calls for help, I would not deny you to heal them, but to be Dahlia’s unofficial herbalist is too much. What if you join another pack? What if you are gone and we can’t find you? Rather I think, until we have one in the pack, we will just accept the help of whoever answers our call first, if that is you, well then so be it.” Cercelee would not depend on anyone not in the pack. Even those living in Dahlia de Mai all too easily slipped away into the night, those who were not loyal to the pack were even more of a gamble. "Rather, if anyone in our pack is to show an interest, perhaps you could help train them. I hope to fill the co-rank with one of our own soon.” Not all wishes were answered, but Cercelee could wait. The pack was stable and they managed as it was, they could for however much longer it took.
[/html]
Syd, Svara's player, expressed an interest in tutelage under Hanna. This sucked. My loud-mouth brother was distracting me.

[html]

Her offer was denied, with fair reasoning. It would be all to easy for someone not of the pack to forfeit their position with no notice, and as Hanna had done it while a pack member, the Rosea's fears were well-founded. Cercelee spoke then of training a new recruit. Hanna frowned slightly, mulling it over, before nodding thoughtfully. Yes, it made sense to train someone, if someone showed compatibility with the rank.

Has anyone shown any particular aptitude or interest in healing? She was not, of course, aware of who all was in Dahlia now, besides for Cercelee and Haku, whose scents were strongest. Or a pup? That would be more than ideal. Pups had more time to learn and practice than adults did. And the longer one trained, the easier the tasks came when needed, as any person could easily say.

[/html]
[html]

Svara stood in the snow looking up at the cloudy sky that darkened the sun from their veiws. She grumbled under her breath. The pup couldn't wait till the snow was gone, she hated snow, and the cold. Walking through the cold stuff caused her paws to ache and sores to build up on her pads. Sitting down quickly she lifted one paw and looked at the pad below and grimced. It was raw and cracked from when she had arrived her at Dahlia de Mai. She knew that some sap would help keep it from bleeding, that or cob webs, but of course it was winter and all of those things were no where to be found.

Putting her paw down she stood and started to trot through the snow. After eating with Firefly for the day and doing her daily irritations at Haku's place she was out for more entertainment. The she wolfs long young legs moved as gracfully as they could across snow and with the akward body of a still growing pup. Svara didn't go far before the smell of a she wolf made her stop and track forwards slowly. The female was black as night and stood alone. She didn't smell of this territory, not that Svara really cared, it wasn't her problem if this pack had invaders.

When cercelee the white alpha female showed up Svara found a new interest in the situation. Sitting down in the tree line she watched them, not really hearing much, just watching. Her young yellow eyes flicked back and forth between the two women. After a while she found herself moving closer but she stepped on something sharp peircing her already sore pad. Barking out in pain the pup didn't care if the two saw her now she just wanted the sharp article out of her pad. Lifting her paw to her mouth she grasped the object between her front teeth and removed it quickly, spitting out the peice she looked at the damage done.

Not wanting to seem the idiot in this situation she barked out a comment to the two women. "Don't mind me! Just enjoying my pain over here!" She growled as she licked at her paw then stuck it in the snow to get rid of some of the swelling. Grumbling she looked up with her yellow eyes and sour look on her young face. Svara was thinking about turning and leaving, but she kept still cause she didn't see any reason to move with pain when she didn't have to.

[/html]
[html]
     Okee! What a grouchy healer Svara would make XD! Cer doesn’t know that yet though so we’ll have to have Svara tell Hanna. And this is short!

Susquehanna took the rejection with good stride and Cercelee smiled appreciatively at the raven female. The alabaster Rosea hadn’t wanted to disappoint the former Dahlia member, but the interested of the current members took priority in Cercelee’s decision making. Always. Even over friends and family, Cercelee would pick Dahlia de Mai, it was her duty and privilege as Rosea to do so. Still, Hanna could heal anyone who had the need, so long as she showed up first, and also the sable female showed interest in training an apprentice. Yet Cercelee had no one to offer when Hanna asked. "Ah well....” Yet she was interrupted by a squeal of pain and some sharp words.

With a quick snap of her head into the direction of the voice, Cercelee’s navy eyes focused in on Svara, the child she had met at the hunt. Noting the sour look and the paw the female was favoring, Cercelee looked to Hanna with a questioning look. Hanna was better with children than Cercelee most likely, and in any case was a far better choice to deal with an injured paw pad. Cercelee could not offer much help here, all she could do was summon the girl. "Svara, come here.”

[/html]
[html]

The yelp drew Hanna to her feet, her healer's demeanor coming to the fore. If there were anything seriously wrong (not that the puncture didn't hurt, of course) she would have rushed to the pup's side. As it were, Cercelee knew the child, called her by name, drawing her into their company. Hanna was not impressed by the sarcasm that dripped from the dark girl's mouth, but she could overlook that. After all, her place was to clean people up and send them on their way, not teach them to behave properly. But her eyes did not miss the thrust of the injured paw immediately into the snowbank, and she began to get an idea.

When Svara plopped to her rear between the opposite colored wolfesses, Hanna gently reached for her paw, not keen on getting snapped at if the girl did not wish treatment. Looking up at Cercelee knowingly as she opened a satchel and withdrew an alcohol pad, Hanna spoke to try to soothe or distract the girl. Svara.. I noticed you knew enough to put your paw in the bank of snow. Do you know what else could be done? To ease the pain and lower the chance of infection, I mean. She swiped gently at the paw pads with the alcohol wipe, knowing it was going to sting like hell. The girl must have had a long journey to have pads this worn. Hanna knew just the thing to help.

[/html]
[html]

Svara grumbled thinking about all the things she wouldn't be doing until this stupid paw healed. The she wolf looked up when Cercelee called her out. She gave her a shit eating grin while she walked over there on that paw as if it wasn't hurt. Svara wanted to whimper it hurt so bad, but she was to stuborn for that. "Oh yes ruler of mine! I be your slave and you command me!" She said in her dry humor. Sitting inbetween the two of them the pup looked at the dark female more then cercelee. The she wolf was dark and carried what looked like medical supplies.

She didn't expect the women to grab her paw. The urdge to snap at the female was quick and she almost did it, but curiosity got the better of her so she just growled threateningly under her cold breath. She was about to watch what the black she wolf was gonna do until she asked a question. The question was stupid and a nimwit would know the answers. "Yeah duhh. Cob webs, tree sap, Lion's tail in the spring, and Yarrow is good to stop the flow of blood in the summer. Why are you asking me such a stupid-" She stopped as the achohal pad hit her paw and she finally snapped at the women.

The smell of the alcohal made her stomach turn and she pulled her wounded paw back from the she devil. "What the hell!" She shouted. Her teeth were bared at the women in a fashion that was very Svara. "Why are you asking me stupid questions like, what else would you do to heal your paw!? Any idiot would know such common knowledge." Now sitting a few feet away from the two females she stuffed her paw back into the snow and just looked upon the dark female with narrowed eyes.

[/html]
[html]
     You guys can skip me if you want, since it would mostly be Svara and Hanna now? I will throw a post in with Cer if anyone addresses her or she has something useful to add XD

Svara’s sarcasm did not bother Cercelee, as would have been the child’s intention, because despite the lack of respect on the child’s part she did comply. Of course, Svara would have to learn to respect others when respect was called for, at least if she wanted to move ahead in the pack. For now though, Cercelee merely matched Svara’s tone, her own words dry as a bone. “I’m glad to see you know your place child.” Svara would have to brush up on social skills, she hoped Haku and Firefly had enough sense to show her at least that.

Hana took the child’s paw in hand as the child rattled off numerous remedies, some common knowledge and some a bit more involved, and Cercelee smiled as Hanna brought the pad to Svara’s paw pad. It was no surprise to the Rosea the reaction of Svara, and she merely turned her navy eyes to Hanna, waiting to see just how patient the medic could be with one of Dahlia’s trickiest members.

[/html]
[html]

Chuckling lightly at the reaction and its interruption of the dry, sarcastic humor, Hanna stuffed the used alcohol pad back in its wrapper and cleansed her hands with snow. She grinned a little at the girl who was sitting with her teeth bared in a manner Hanna supposed was meant to be threatening. After seeing a few of those toothy smiles, though, it was hard to be impressed. Rather, Hanna could not help but see the girl's evident healing knowledge, no matter how common-place Svara thought it.

Speaking in a quietly soothing voice, Hanna spoke to the girl with a twinkle in her eye. Child.. not all of those were very... common... remedies. You have promise. However! I'm not sure that one with such a mouth as yours deserves to be able to hone that talent. Especially not under someone such as myself. She turned her head, again gazing at Cercelee, but this time more to give herself a place to look than because she needed a reply. On the other hand if you can find it in yourself to cut out the ridiculous sarcasm, then I'll tend your other wounds in a less painful manner, and teach you as I go. Deal?

[/html]
[html]

Svara glared at Cercelee for her snide comment. "I know that around all of you wolves the only one with any back bone is firefly." She remarked to the lead she wolf. Firefly was the only she wolf in the pack that had any true control over the young pup, not that Svara would ever really admit to it. So much alike were she and the female that she seemed to like the women more than others. Keeping her eyes narrowed she shifted her head back over to the black wolf who's name she had yet to catch.

Her words made the young wolf growl in irritation and her tail twitch with anger. "Well my mouth isn't about to change any! And you might be better off telling me what the hell your talking about!" She sneared at the black female. "And all of those stupid cures are things every wolf should know if they live alone!" The young pup growled remembering her fathers words when she had been very little.

"Svara remember these things if you are hurt, they will help you if no one else is there to." The large grey wolf paused his equally grey eyes looking down at his only daughter. Svara smiled slightly at her father keeping her mouth shut, knowing her father didn't want to hear one of her smart remarks, but one was going to come out anyways. "Yeah, but daddy it's not like I'm gonna be able to use those silly things if I'm dieing!" Her small voice sarcastic and snide. Her grey father rolled his eyes holding in a laugh so not to encourage Svara's nasty little ways about talking to people. "Svara you will find soon in life that you have to depend on yourself to live, or you will die broken hearted and alone. I will not be there to save you forever." He said sternly to the young pup. The little girl pursed her lips but noded and kept taking mental notes of the things her father showed her to take care of wounds.

"No pain no gain. I don't really care what you do! I don't need your stupid remedies for my paw I'll take care of it myself." Svara was sure she could find bandage wrap somewhere in Haku's cabin, and she could shift and wrap her pad up. The thought of shifting made her cringe and almost growl. She hated shifting it was so unatural to her, like becoming something she shouldn't. The young women had no idea what this black female was trying to get at. Like she thought her confusing words would get the pup to stop her nasty habit at sarcasm and dry humor she was wrong. Then it suddenly dawned on her, why would this female have an alcohal pad out here in the middle of no where, why would she have any medic supplies. "Your a medic!? So are you asking me if I want to learn more of what I already know?!" The idea of learning almost made the pup jump towards the female but she staied still. If there was anything Svara loved it was learning new things, but she didn't want this black stranger or cercelee knowing her weakness.

OOC:: The little she devil loves to learn Big Grin

[/html]
I lol'd so hard at that last bit.

[html]

Hanna very nearly fell over in the snow, so hard was she laughing. The child had had such a sudden and complete change in tune that it struck the woman as hilarious. Her eyes twinkled as she attempted to keep her balance and recover from her laughing fit. Oh, Svara, she half-laughed, That's the best reaction I've ever seen.

Making her face serious again, she cleared her throat before continuing. Yes, Dear, I'm a medic. In fact, I used to be Dahlia de Mai's medic. Now that I've left the pack, there's need for a new Herbalist. You're young for the co-rank yet, but with some training, you could feasibly be able to take my place within the time before your first birthday. If, of course, you're willing to learn?

She posed it as a question, but Hanna knew that it was an understatement that the child was willing. She'd practically leaped into Hanna's arms when she realized. But I won't tolerate misbehavior and mouthing off!

[/html]
[html]

Svara watched the women and held back a grumble. She knew that she was acting like an idiot. The thought of having the chance to learn more then what she already knew made her shiver with anticapation. Her father had promised to teach it all to her, everything he knew, until the ass went and died on her. She ground her teeth at the sorrow she almost felt. She had refused to feel anything for what was in the past it wasn't like she had known him for that long anyways. Growling she just sneared at the black furred women.

Her words made the she wolf grind her teeth, knowing with the price to learn she would have to take care of the wolves in her pack, it almost made her want to throw up. She hated having to help others. Yet this black stranger would teach her things, make her know things that she couldn't other wise learn. "Fine I just won't talk when I'm around you. I'll nod or shake my head. That or one word answers." Svara snapped in an irritated way. The female pup hated others to use things against her. This black female would use the thirst for knowledge against her to shut her up. Not that Svara would completly keep her mouth shut.

"I want to learn from you." She said simply her ears layed back flat on her young skull. "But I won't be your little lacky do you understand that! I just want to learn what you know not be your slave!" Svara growled at the women. She wanted so much to know more, and become something other then the useless creature her bitch of a mother thought her to be. Walking towards the black female Svara shoved her paw back out towards the women say nothing as she would do from now on around the women, becuase she would make this sacrifice to gain something she so loved.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee snorted with glee as Svara announced that the only wolf with a backbone was Firefly. Firefly certainly had a fiery spirit, but Firefly had learned her place in the pack, Cercelee had shown her that. Would she have to do the same for Svara? Cercelee shook her head at the girl and smiled, she would give the hellion until she reached adult ranks and then if the girl hadn’t learned her manners Cercelee would do the dirty work. For now, Hanna would deal with her, and the medic seemed pleased enough with the idea.

Watching the interaction between the two of them, Cercelee almost joined Hanna in her laughing fit but held herself together. To imagine Svara as the Herbalist tickled Cercelee, only because it would force Svara to do what she liked least, helping others. “Hanna, you might want to try to teach the girl some compassion and pack loyalty, she’ll need them both if she wants to be our Herbalist.” Those qualities had been why Hanna had made a good medic, she hadn’t healed out of duty but an active wish to heal her pack mates, Svara would have to do the same otherwise Cercelee couldn’t be sure that she was doing the best job she was capable of. Even if she didn’t like the members she dealt with, she would have to love healing them.

[/html]
[html]

Hanna chuckled again at the girl's sullen expression, and nodded in reply to Cercelee's suggestion. Yes, Cercelee, it's my very greatest intention to rattle some sense into this girl. She needs it. If Svara didn't learn soon, Hanna knew she'd end up in a very bad situation with her adulthood. Those who were insubordinate were kicked out, and those who were kicked out were coyote and bigger wolf bait.

Turning back to her.. well, her apprentice, Hanna spoke in a slightly cajoling manner, Svara, this isn't the proper place for my particular brand of remedy. Shall you ask Cercelee if you can accompany me to my cabin, hmmm? There, the female could put a kettle of water on the fire to heat and make a nice willowbark poultice to wrap the traumatized paws in.

[/html]
[html]

Svara already wanted to rip out the throats of the two women. She felt like a freaking idiot standing between them as they spoke of how they were going to break her. An arrogant snort was lifted from her. She had no intention of changing. She would be arrogant and stuborn as long as she pleased. Looking at Cercelee she growled deep in her throat. "Don't talk as if I'm not here you white cotton ball!" Her fur was risen and her yellow eyes burning with anger. She was tired of being talked about like some infant child. She had been through more then most of the pitiful wolves in this pack and she damn well knew alot for her age!

Huffing with anger she turned to the black women who had replied. "Oh I dare you to try. You've just agreed to spend time with me for however long this takes, so get used to me the way I am and stop trying to CHANGE ME!" Svara shouted at her in a voice that was filled with something more then anger. The pup stared at the two wolves and couldn't help but feel the sudden tears prick her eyes. Surprise captured her as she brought her bad pawed leg up and swiped the evidance away before the two women seen. She wasn't soft or breakable, just pissed she wasn't big enough to take some skin off their hides. "I'll learn from you, but I won't change who I am for anyone so drop it old lady." Svara grumbled.

[/html]
Each of you once more?

[html]

The black lady's eyes narrowed. A silent signal was given to Tobias as the female shrieked in imitation of the hawk, who swooped in to beat around the girl's head with his wings, scratching half-heartedly at her shoulders. Hanna never spoke, never laughed at the hilarious sight, only watched. With another signal, the bird gave off, and circled to her shoulder, where he perched lightly. His eyes snapped to Svara's fiercely, holding her gaze.

I won't force you to change, my dear girl. However, if you don't chill out with the name calling, I'll take back my offer to teach you. If you can get permission from Cercelee and are willing to work with me, be at my cabin well before sunfall. Collecting her satchels and turning on her heel, Hanna stalked off toward the area where she lived, leaving the choice to Svara and Cercelee.

[/html]