boys over flowers
[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

Lying on the mattress with his arms folded under his head, Apollo thought back to when he was younger and had lived in this room alongside his brother, Sirius. Though those times seemed so far gone, he knew that it really hadn’t been that long since he had seen his brother. It was a matter of months. He had resented his coy-blooded brother for various reasons, but now he felt that if he were to see him again, they would somehow get along. In fact, Apollo felt as if he would really be able to connect with Sirius. The trouble was, he had no idea where he had gone off too, since Apollo himself had disappeared.

He sat up on the bed, brushing silver bangs from his eyes as he cast his gaze around the darkening room. The light outside was beginning to fade even though it was only late afternoon. He stomach seemed to remind him that he hadn’t eaten in awhile, and he moved to the edge of the mattress so that he might get up and wander towards the kitchen. He hesitated there for a moment, however, and studied the abandoned stuffed bear lying on the ground. Haven wouldn’t like it, Apollo figured, but maybe one of the other children? He couldn’t bear to keep seeing it forgotten there.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It felt like things were finally starting to return back to normal in her life. Her fur had yet to cover her scars, but they barely bothered her anymore. At least not physically. Savina really wasn't a vain wolf but at times she worried if they would be off putting to Kansas. The only person who had ever really made her feel beautiful was him and now that she had that she didn't want to lose it. While she was walking down the hall she stopped into one of the rooms that had a mirror. The obsidian fey frowned as she looked at the puffy pinkish lines that stood out starkly against her fur. Most were on her arms and legs, though there were a few on her chest and sides.

Solemnly she left the room, having had enough of her self inflicted torture for the day. She wondered where Apollo was. She hadn't seen him since he had found her collapsed inside the borders after the fight. He had taken her to Naniko. That was all she knew though. No memories remained of her actual encounter with Hybrid. She had no idea that Apollo had come to aid and in all likelihood had saved her life. Savina looked into his room, not really expecting to find him, but she was pleasantly surprised. "Hey there," accented tones said softly.

[/html]
[html]

He barely noticed the soft patter of paws on the floor outside of his room, but turned his head up towards Savina when she greeted him. It had been a month since the last time they had really been around each other. Of course he saw her here and there within Crimson Dreams, but they hadn’t had much of a chance to talk after the fight had occurred. "How’re you holding up?" He asked her, patting the mattress to invite her to sit if she wanted to. He could see the raw, healing scars from the brawl, but they seemed to look fairly decent. Overall, she seemed well enough to him.

A few days later Apollo had gone back to the site of the fight so that he could retrieve his knife. It had taken him quite awhile (especially since a dusting of snow had covered the area) but their scents still vaguely lingered. The blade surprisingly hadn’t rusted and Apollo kept it by his side whenever he went anywhere. He never knew when it would come in handy again.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Eagerly she walked inside and sat next to him on the bed. "I'm...doing alright. Better than I was." It had been a long recovery process. The emotional had been worse than the physical. As her hands laid in her lap, her eyes couldn't help but run over the scars again. That was where they were the worst. She sighed, unable to push the thoughts from her head. "Do you think the hair will grow back?" Savina wasn't sure why she was asking Apollo. He probably didn't have any better idea than she. Maybe she had just needed to get the words off her chest.

There was a sort of awkwardness that she couldn't quite pinpoint. Perhaps subconsciously she knew that he had been there. That he had seen her like that. But sitting there now she couldn't think of why she felt that way. Her gaze switched over to him. "I never thanked you. For finding me and getting me to Naniko. I'm sure these would be worse if you hadn't." The wolfess hadn't been able to help but wonder how he had found her. Had it just been chance that he had stumbled upon her? For some reason the odds of that seemed to great. "How, ummm. How did you find me?" Everything about that day was so fuzzy.

[/html]
[html]

"That’s good," he replied, nodding as if to affirm his words were true. "I’m sure they’ll heal in time," he added, looking to the scars that Savina’s eyes had traveled to. They were fairly apparent. It was hard not to notice them. But he was sure they would hardly be noticeable in time. After all, Naniko and some others knew of medicine. "Maybe Nani can look at them again…" he suggested, smiling. "Though I’m sure they’ll heal fine. Probably just need a bit more time."

Her turn in conversation surprised him slightly, yet he nodded. He hadn’t had much of a chance to talk to her since then. An apology wasn’t really necessary anyhow. Savina meant a lot to the youth. "Don’t mention it." Her next question though, really did surprise him. Subtly he disguised the surprise by fronting a smile. "You don’t remember?" He asked, before continuing. "I found you with the coyote. You managed to get back to Crimson Dreams on your own. I found you there once I returned, and then, well… the rest is history."

[/html]
[html]

His words of reassurance about her scars were comforting. She was fairly certain that they would heal over just fine as well, but it was good to hear it from someone else. The wolfess had never really had any scars before, at least not any this severe. There had been some after she had saved Noah from that wildcat but they had all been much more superficial than these. Back in Italy she had never really had a serious wound. Ah, what a sheltered life that she had lead. "Yeah. You're probably right. Thanks."

She remembered next to nothing about that day. Savina had run to find Hybrid and had caught his scent. After that she remembered nothing until she had come to wounded in the forest alone and had known she needed to get back home. When she had made it back she had immediately passed out from exhaustion. She remembered that Apollo had found her and took her to Nani but even those memories were jumbled. At his words her eyes grew wide. He had been there? He had seen her like...that? That horrified her and it certainly showed on her face. "Y-You were there?" The fey could feel her hands shaking and she clutched them together to hide it. "I...I don't remember anything. I came to alone in the forest..."

[/html]
[html]

"Really?" Apollo asked, not realizing before now that Savina really had suffered some sort of memory loss. He shuffled his posture on the mattress some so that he faced her better. "I didn’t realize that you didn’t remember…" He trailed, furrowing his brows. "Well, I found you with the coyote," Apollo told her, beginning to reiterate the half of the story he knew. "I threw my knife at him to distract him because I knew you needed an escape. At least, I was hoping you’d use the opportunity to escape. I couldn’t tell in the midst of the fight how injured you were, but I had thought that he had scratched you up some." Now he knew the extent of the damage as was clearly visible by the scarring. "He started after me, so I led him on a chase. You got his leg pretty good, though, so he couldn’t keep it up for long. When I lost him, that’s when I headed for Crimson Dreams. Then I found you…" He had never seen Savina like that… they way she had acted on the day of the fight. He silently wondered about it now and worried about her apparent memory loss.

[/html]
[html]

As he relayed what he knew of the fight, she rubbed her hands together nervously and stared off into the distance. Savina hated that Apollo had seen her that way. Just hated it. That wasn't her. That...that thing wasn't her. And now she realized that she probably owed the younger boy more than she knew. If he hadn't found her...would she have stopped? Would it had been a fight to the death? At this new information she thought for a second she might faint, or get sick, or something. Her hands clutched onto the bed for support.

Her breathing had become more labored as all of these thoughts swirled through her head. "Oh Apollo..." she said in barely more than a whisper. "I...I think you saved my life..." If not for him neither of them would have stopped fighting. The femme had figured already that she had come perilously close to losing her life, but now...now she knew that she really had. "What you saw there, it wasn't me. There's this...monster inside of me. It took over after what I found out that Hybrid had done to your father..."

[/html]
[html]

"Savina," Apollo scoffed, "don’t worry about it. I mean, really. I wouldn’t take it that far. I just stole his attention for a minute. I’m sure things would have been fine even if I hadn’t wandered by…" But he let his voice trail off. He knew that her injuries had been significant. And judging by the way the coyote chased after him, he probably wouldn’t have stopped fighting until a more finite conclusion occurred. He knew exactly what Savina was thinking. It would have really been a fight to the death. Had Apollo not had this secret compassion for Savina, had he not felt so protective of her…

He didn’t want to think of that anymore. He took Savina’s speech as an exit. He focused on her words rather than think of the other horror. "A monster?" He said, trying the word out for himself. Whatever had happened that day, Apollo couldn’t explain. Savina hadn’t seemed like herself, but she hadn’t seemed like a monster either. "Maybe it was just the adrenaline?" He wanted to believe that, but he knew there was more than just adrenaline at play. His thoughts were interpreted by what Savina said next, however. "What do you mean?" Apollo asked, furrowing his brows. "What did he do to my father!" He demanded, suddenly furious that this coyote had done something to his father which had upset Savina, and then had the nerve to injure the Italian girl. Had he had a monster inside of him as well, Apollo was sure it would have emerged now.

[/html]
[html]

The Italian fey shook her head. She knew that he was just trying to make things better. To try and make it seem like what she had been wasn't so bad. But it was that bad. She knew that better than anyone. "It wasn't just the adrenaline. It's happened before, but it was never that bad. The other times I remembered what had happened. Not this time..." Luckily she was getting help. Savina was learning what she could do to control the beast that lingered in the darker part of her. Even so, it was a hard pill to swallow for her. She didn't want anyone to see her like that. Especially someone she cared so much for like Apollo.

Oh no, she had said too much. What the hell had she been thinking? Obviously she hadn't been thinking about what was coming out of her mouth. Her head shot towards her dear friend, almost like a little brother. There was no use covering it up now. She knew that he wouldn't settle for some made-up answer. "Pilot said that he...he touched him..." The girl swallowed hard. "He kept him in Inferni. That's why he disappeared from here." But quickly her hand grasped Apollo's wrist and she looked deeply into his eyes. "Don't do what I did Apollo. I know you'll want to, and I don't blame you, but don't. It has cost me so much. And I...I couldn't bare...loosing y-" A sob choked the last word and she wrapped her arms around his neck. The thought of him going out to get revenge like she had and getting hurt or worse terrified her. She would never be able to forgive herself if that happened.

[/html]
Good place to end probably?[html]

Her grasp on his wrist kept him grounded and for a moment he wanted to angrily break her fingers away from him. He didn’t care what she said. He really would kill that damned coyote. But he needed to breathe. It was Savina before him, and he knew he could never intentionally hurt her. He listened to what she said and then wrapped his own arms around her when she took him into an embrace. "Savina," he breathed through clenched teeth. "I promise I won’t go there," he told her with every intention of keeping that promise. But if Hybrid ever crossed paths with Apollo outside the piked borders…

"I need to go to my dad. I need to talk to him," he told her, shaking his head slowly. He had never had the greatest relationship with Pilot, but he knew he needed to be there for him. He wasn’t sure who else Pilot had to turn to, aside from Savina. He just needed to make sure he was okay. "Forgive me," he said to her, breaking away from the embrace of her arms and making his way towards the door. "I’m glad your doing better," he added as he turned to face her. "I need to see him, and then I’ll be back," and then he turned to find his father.

[/html]
[html]
Si! Big Grin

The older wolf breathed a deep sigh of relief as he promised her not to go search Hybrid out at Inferni. It was easy to feel the anger radiate off of him, the same way it had surely radiated off of her when she had found out. As much as she had wanted to avenge her friend, it hadn't been worth it. It hadn't been worth risking her life over. Risking all of her relationships. Risking the safety of her pack. She regretted what she had done with ever fiber of her being. The last thing she wanted was for the dominoes she had started to keep falling and causing more pain. "Thank you."

Savina's head nodded against Apollo's shoulder. "Of course." Maybe Pilot was better now. More healed. Even if he wasn't, maybe his son would be able to get through to him better than she had been able to. The sudden break of their closeness left her feeling cold and alone. She wrapped her scarred arms around herself as she watched him walk out the door. Of course she would forgive him. She loved him as family and owed him her life. While the femme knew that he would keep his word and he would be back, something inside of her told her it wouldn't be right away. She only hoped it wouldn't be too long.

[/html]