Afraid of What I'll Find
[html]

Words: 300+

Maybe she was a fool for even coming here.

Colibri Haki stood in the snow, her baby-blue eyes bright with worry. She had come this far, and couldn't justify turning back now, but she felt so trapped... She wanted to see Cercelee again. She did not ever want to see Haku again. And some perverted twist of fate had put them in the same pack.

Shivering in the winter chill, the slim luperci shifted from paw to paw, biting her lip with worry, rubbing her hands together as she tried to steel her nerves and call for someone. She was shifted, of course; should she go back down on all fours? That was how Cer and she had played, so long ago. Maybe she should transform down. That might be a nice change of pace. It had been a while since she had done so, though. Since her father had abandoned her for the second time, leaving her for dead, she had stayed upright. She liked the extra mobility it provided, should she need to run away again...

She blew her feathery bangs from her eyes, lamenting how long her hair had grown. She was unwilling to cut it, so it hung lankly about her face, framing her delicate chocolate-brown markings. The warm cream shades that blossomed about her throat and down her belly blended in with the swirling snow. She hadn't inherited the white Sadira fur, but still, it was blatantly obvious who she was related to. It would be a relief if she could hide behind the family tree, claim to be some distant cousin of the matriarch Ceres, and get away with it.
Maybe she would be warmer if she adopted the lupus form, she mused, but in the end, didn't act on it. "Okay, please be Cercelee, please be anyone but Haku," she whispered, her voice husky and low. Then she tipped her delicate muzzle to the grey skies, and howled, calling for a pack member to introduce her to this Dahlia de Mai...

[/html]
[html]

Svara walked in her luperci form for once. She was trying to get used to it due to Hanna's never ending commands to be in it. The young female really hated being in this form. She hated the way it felt how clumsy and weak she was in it. She was walking back into the pack lands returning from the healers cabin in the nuetral terratories. She would be going back soon she was sure, but Svara wanted to be around other people for a while.

Since the healer was teaching her Svara had promised to keep her nasty temper in check around her, and the only way for the young female to do that was to not speak at all. Walking in the snow she just crossed the boarder when she saw the shifted wolf with its head flung back howling. Yawning Svara made her way over to the female every step slow and calculated so not to fall over. The snow crunched with her heavy foot steps, when she finally made it over to the female she shifted back into her wolf form, sick of being a wobbling toddler all over again in the other one.

Now she was next to the female she spoke."Good luck. This close to Haku's cabin you'll most likely get him." Svara said with no real emotion as she yawned again. "Then again the white cotton ball of a she wolf is such a bore." Svara grumbled to the female, not really talking to her but to herself. Her yellow eyes didn't even look at the other just gazed out into the woods. Why was she stopped here with this other wolf? Svara already knew. The young female was tired and this new comer presented an excuse to stop and rest.

[/html]
The golden bronze female was in a foul mood, this time it had nothing to do with a single soul, just the everyday signs of a bad day. She'd been moving across the packlands quietly, towards her mate's den, knowing that sooner than she liked she'd have to start settling down and getting ready for the moment of truth. Her ears had been pressed back against her skull as she was slowly walking along the edge of the lands when the close howl greeted her ears and the words spoken caught her attention. She lifted her head slightly and instead of heading towards the cabin she turned in her tracks and made her way to where Svara's voice had drawn from.

Her ears flicked forward with interest when she caught the scent of a stranger, yet a soft growl rose in her throat as she walked on soft paws out into the clearing where the two stood. Her eyes glanced over the familiar colorations of the stranger and the familiar form of the young pup as she narrowed her orbs and settled back on her haunches. The two were already taller than her but that didn't matter much to the Acer, she had rank over either of them and she wasn't for certain how she felt about what's she'd just discovered.

She shifted her eyes once more to Svara as she spoke softly. "Or of course she could run into me Svara.." Firefly turned to glance at the stranger as she asked suddenly. "What would be your problem with my mate.." Her eyes were like sparks of fire as she watched the girl, her mind suspecting this might be another one of his little playthings, but if she was she was damn stupid to come calling in his own pack, especially with his mate on border patrol.
[html]

Her heart flew up into her throat as the two strangers startled her, neither appearing friendly. Coli's warm brown ears flattened anxiously against her skull, and she wrung her hands, hoping desperately that she wasn't about to be chased off. The smaller girl, not yet an adult, had shifted back to her regular wolf form; the pregnant woman was already on all fours. Self-conscious of her willowy height, Coli's silky tail curled around her form, feeling very unwelcome.

"H-haku's cabin? So, he's definitely here?" Well, that confirmed her worst fears. The last thing she wanted was a confrontation with her brutal father. Of course, she knew full well that if this pack accepted her as a member, she was bound to see him... She didn't relish the thought whatsoever, but she felt like she had to be here, for Cercelee's sake. She had protected her friend from him once, and if things ever got out-of-control here, Coli was willing to be the buffer again. "I... c-cotton ball? You know Cercelee, too... So this is the right place. I... I wanted to join your ranks..." Coli's voice was hesitant, put off by Svara's caustic tone. Then her head snapped up as Firefly spoke.

This lady of gold and spitfire clearly carried rank in the pack, and that's not all she was carrying. "Haku's mate... Oh, gods, he took a mate? You, you're my age, even younger... And... and those are his children, aren't they?" Unable to state more than the obvious, Coli sat down with a bump into the snow, her stomach queasy. She wished she wasn't related to the sadistic unpredictable bastard, but it was his blood that flowed through her veins, his fur she sported, his baby-blue eyes that she saw the world through. The time he had spent away from her - why, he could have spawned ten litters, all of them doomed to the same abuse and neglect that she had suffered at his impulsive hands. The sudden realization that she could not possibly be his only daughter had sickened her. All she knew was that she was his eldest.

[/html]
[html]

Svara caught firefly's scent and didn't make a move to really care laying down she put her head on her paws as if ready to go to sleep. Hanna really knew how to work the hell out of her. When the pregnant she wolf arrived Svara didn't even make a comment to her first statement. Her yellow eyes looking between the to lazily. The stranger was wringing her hands and looking like a complete mess, to bad Svara was to tired to pick on the female, really this was all the black females fault. She would loose her reputation if this kept up.

"Oh firefly you know every one can't stand Haku, he's just to much the charmer." Svara was holding in her small laughs by the end of that response. Lifting her head from her paws she looked between the two. "Cercelee? I don't know anyone by that name, nope just White cotton ball." The younger female knew she should hold her tounge, but the statement about the ranks was just to much for her to pass up. "The only rank you'll hold is pack chew toy." Svara said with a snide grin. Getting to her paws she went over to Firefly and sat down not really looking at either female now.

[/html]
Firefly was not amused by the little game the other woman seemed to be playing at with her overly nervous actions and her spattering about Haku and Cercelee. She obviously was family but Firefly was silent on that note as she looked to Svara as she spoke, a slight smile appearing on her lips before she raised her gaze to the woman and spoke, "Enough." she snapped."All your nervousness is making me ill." She really didn't like those who couldn't grow a backbone of their own and this little girl seemed just that type.

The running off at the mouth about both their leaders and wanting to join the pack didn't set well with Firefly, especially since she didn't have much want for Haku, yet she still wanted into the pack with such dispair in her actions. "To answer you question, yes, both Haku and Cercelee reside here." she said cooly as her emerald eyes stared at the beast with such loathing. This type of character was not what the pack needed, not another snivelling little coward to feed to the masses. "Why re you so keen on joining this pack when you apparently have some sort of beef with my mate." she said rather snippity as Svara came to join her, two again one, once again.

It didn't take much to fire up the Acer but this little bitch was doing a nice job at touching all her buttons. A snarl spread across her maw as her heckles rose, eyes narrowed as she dared the girl to take another toe out of line against her or her mate. "Child, it's none of your damn business what I do with my mate but if you're so keen on knowing all the pack gossip, yes, these are his children." Her voice was dripping with venom as she pushed past the anger and tried to act like the good little packmate greeting a newcomer.

"Now if you're still interesting in living in the same territory as Haku, what use does Dahlia de Mai with a creature like you." She didn't like the girl already, she didn't seem to think before she spoke, her snivelling nervous ways and the fearscent she gave off with the knowledge of Haku living inthe lands. She had Firefly's attention, but only because she was jusst that pathedic. She thought to herself that Svara probably could have fun harassing this stranger, too bad she couldn't sit back and watch the excitement playout like Cercelee liked to do.
[html]

Words: 500+

Okay, definitely not a friendly greeting. Coli's heart sank as she wondered what she had gotten herself into -- a web of Haku's manipulated allies, it seemed like. If everyone in the pack was this hostile, she knew she'd be even more miserable than when she'd been completely alone. But Cercelee... She had to see how Cercelee was doing. No way would her spunky childhood friend change enough to run a pack based on animosity and jealousy! This had to be some sort of test -- that, or she was just terribly unlucky.

...pack chew toy... child, creature like you... nervousness making her sick... The insults just kept coming, didn't they? Stung by their abrasive tag-team, Coli's blue eyes became cold, radiating the same frigidity her father could muster at the drop of a hat. "He must not have told you about me. Does the name 'Colibri Haki' ring any bells? Because I happen to be Haku's firstborn daughter. Forgive me for not being eager to lay eyes on the rapist bastard again."

Her uncertainty, her fears, they were all because of him - both his actions towards her, and the fear that she too would become like him. This was her first time meeting new wolves in many months, and that they had pushed her to drip venom already was an unsettling reality. Letting her long eyelashes flutter shut, she took a deep breath, smoothing her sweaty palms against the soft fur of her sides. "I'm here to join your Dahlia de Mai... so that I can protect someone dear to me. Perhaps you wouldn't understand, if you can bring yourself to love that blue-eyed monster, and bring more of his unfortunate spawn into this world... But it's enough of a reason for me to put up with him and all of his fangirls."

Coli trembled for a moment, heart fluttering in her chest. She was not afraid of these two odd females and their lashing tongues, but she did fear that they would banish her from their land, rendering her journey pointless and leaving her more vulnerable than ever. The tired girl with the yellow eyes, and the least motherly woman Coli had met... Would they be the reason Cercelee would get hurt? It was now or never.

"As to what I can offer your pack, other than a dose of morality... I'm developing skills as..." She swallowed hard before admitting to the truth, "...a poisoner. It began as a hobby, something to keep my empty hands busy; it can be your pack's talent if you keep me." She did not carry any pouches or samples on her, like an herbalist or a medic would; it was more her experimentation with various plants in the woods that made up her knowledge. During the months when the snow wasn't covering the ground, she could cultivate oleander, hemlock, digitalis... It kept her calm when she was alone, tending to her plants that she could not touch. She was no assassin, had never killed anyone -- but there was one wolf she wouldn't mind giving a sample to...

[/html]
[html]

The young female felt the light cold air seep into her coat as she sat next to firefly, silently taking in the female heat, hoping she didn't catch on that was what she was up to sitting so close. Svara really hated the cold, when was spring coming? Her yellow eyes looked the other female up and down, something about her made her stomach churn and her teeth itch. It was known that the pup could careless for others missfortune. You either lived with the backbone to get over it and not make other endure your two bit pity tale, or you died becuase you were to weak to live through lifes harshness. Svara had watched her own brother murdered by her mother becuase her father had raped the black female. He had done it in an attempt to tame her wild nature, the same wild nature her living daughter possessed.

Firefly's words flowed in the air and Svara made no remark on them. She was silent, something Hanna did seem to be teaching her. Though taller then the pregnant acer Svara knew she was not above her, and yet for some reason she found that she was starting to see firefly and Haku as her family, the others in the pack were just numbers and nothing more. The stranger kept wringing her hands and looking nervous until something seemed to change, making Svara rise from her sitting posistion with the words she bared down on the two, words Svara would not take from an imbecil like this.

"To start with you asswipe I don't care if he raped your mother then you when you were born! Here he is respected, and if you have a problem with it tuck your sorry tail betwix your scrawny legs and Leave!" Svara growled in a voice was so low and so threatening it was not her normal joking remarks or sarcasm, it was an underlineing threat. She hadn't even noticed her paw step forwards in a threatening manner. Pulling it back Svara didn't take her narrowed yellow eyes off the female.

Though the females next words were more then Svara could take. The little bitch wasn't bowing down enough to firefly and her words towards Haku were pissing off the female more then she could handle. A furious growl was pulled from her maw before she snapped at the other she wolf her fangs white and strong for her young age. "You'll regret if she lets you into this pack, becuase unlike everyone else you've meet I think you can shove your little rape story up your ass! Call him a monster one more time you twit! I dare you." What firefly would do was beyond Svara, but she wondered which of them would have a better hold on their temper.

[/html]
Firefly was silent as she listened to the woman, letting Svara rage and rave as she took another approach, her lack of speech dark and steady as those emerald eyes stared into the ones she'd already know had belonged to a child of her mate's. She'd heard that he'd had a daughter long before the two of them had ever met but the child had never been brought up, strangely enough here she was on some nerve wrecking vendetta speaking of the sins of her father and yet still obsessed with wanting into the lands. Firefly's tail flicked softly against Svara's side as she remained the statue, silent and watching, waiting for the brat to be done whining and whimpering before she spoke.

She didn't get to wait long enough for the last words of the woman flaired in her mind as she couldn't stop the twin gems from lighting with fire as she lifted her head up, her back straight and tall as she spoke softly, almost sickeningly sweet. "I know who you are child. If your appearance and scent didn't give it away I don't know what else I'd need that you haven't yapped away." She narrowed her eyes slightly as she advised the girl. "I'd still learn to think before you poison yourself in the eyes of this pack." She took a step forward to the other woman, not caring that she was taller in her luperci form as her heckles rose. "Protect whoever you'd like in these lands.. but know your father is still your leader, you won't get far in these lands if there's no loyalty to the man." Her words were firm and truthful as she bared her fangs.

Her paws stopped short a few yards from the replica of Haku as she spat, "Your trade as an apothecary is a double edged sword you know. It doesn't take much to read into your soul kid." She licked her paws slowly as she asked. "How would we know that you wouldn't take the first chance to kill a packmate, perhaps your own father.." she let the leading words linger between them as she straightened up, looking more the preditorial feline than a high ranked wolf, any moment the girl stepped out of line and she'd be upon her. "You swear your life to the pack and the safety and protection of all the members, not just those you pick and choose. Each life is equal in worth, though we have to know you'd be willing to die to protect the smallest pup, to the Rosea, and her Lillium, your father." Firefly was cruel, there was reason to why she kept repeatedly bring up the title of father before the girl, studying her reactions to the words she spoke.

Tilting her head to the side Firefly spoke brutally honest, "I have no problem killing a traitor to this pack.. if it comes down to that." Her words seemed to echo in the silence around them as she circled around the woman once, twice, before settling down once more next to the large pup.
[html]

Cercelee had heard the call and had identified the caller without a pause. There was no way she could forget Coli’s voice, no matter how long they had been parted. Although she had not time to often think of her friend, she had not forgotten her, nor their promise to reunite. The call had startled her, excited her. It came as if from a long lost memory or from a dream, Cercelee wasn’t sure if it was real but she would answer it all the same. She did not take time to call back but merely broke into a run towards the sound, traveling on her two legs as quickly as she could. Unfortunately for her she was half way across the pack lands, while two other wolves had been much closer and Cercelee had no chance of beating them to the source.

The white lady came upon them mid-conversation and her ears fell flat against her skull, lips uncovered glistening fangs. Colibri Haki stood there in the flesh, it was no dream, and before her were two taunting she wolves. Cercelee had been quick enough to hear Coli’s accusation of “rapist monster” and that had sparked the flame that now burned within her, Svara’s and Firefly’s retorts merely added fuel to that fire. Her heart surged in her chest, taking in the scene, her best friend, Svara and Firefly and the words that passed between them. There would be no calm negotiation now, she really could not explain what overcame her. Had anyone known Ceres Sadira in the flesh they would have easily identified the gleam in Cer’s eyes, the devilish baring of fangs, the jagged icy voice that emitted in place of the smooth, melodic tones that was Cercelee’s trademark.

"Svara, Firefly!" Her voice boomed with a rare authoritive tone. Firefly had gotten a small preview of this before, and Svara had never seen Cercelee close to enraged, had she not looked and smelt like the same wolf one would swear that it was impossible that this was their Rosea. “I suggest that both of you shut your useless traps and if that poses too difficult for either of you than you can leave… ” Her cool navy eyes burned into theirs, daring either of them defy. “You two do not make the laws of this pack, and Haku is a monster, if neither of you realize that you are fools.” Everything about her told them she was not joking, that more than just their place in the pack was riding on their compliance.
She turned to look Coli in the eyes, trying to take in what had changed and stayed the same. “Coli?”

[/html]
[html]

Words: 600+

Her slender fingers curled into fists as the youth exploded, slavering with indignant cries, fangs flashing in the winter white. Coli stood firm, her cold eyes bearing down on Svara, unwilling to back down. Someone who could defend Haku's "honor", as openly and wholeheartedly as the yellow-eyed girl, was someone who clearly had not seen every side of him. Coli did not like to hurt people, physically or mentally, but she did consider slapping the vulgar little beast in the face, to shut that snapping mouth up. Svara had no idea what she was talking about. If they had admitted such an impulsive little child join their pack - as she had no scent of parents or siblings about her, save Firefly and Haku himself - surely they could not turn away a level-headed adult such as herself, despite their varying viewpoints...?

Deciding the best response would be to ignore her, Coli coolly met Firefly's glittering emerald eyes, dark with purpose. This time she shrank back from the seething response, her own hackles rising in self-defense. You won't get far in these lands if there's no loyalty to the man. She spoke the truth. "I have no desire to garner rank or achieve some position of power. Advancing myself has never been a concern of mine. And as I understand it, Cercelee is the leader, not Haku. Even if he is her right-hand man, my loyalty lies with the Rosea. That is why I'm here." It was odd to her, to think of Cer as an alphess. After all, they were the same age (almost exactly so), and had the same experience leading (that is to say, none). She would have a lot of questions to answer, when Coli found her. She swallowed, face unreadable as the golden-furred lady continued, her fiery pride elevating her to beauty in Coli's eyes. Confidence was a virtue. Someday she'd regain her own.

Was she really ready for pack life? Firefly was correct in her irrefutable logic... Would Coli lay down her life for the father she had come to hate so much, so that he could continue his immature games and toy with the lives of countless others...? Her lip curled with the thought of it, disgust marring her delicate features. "But... by that logic... You two would be swearing to defend me to the death, no matter how you feel. Do you have so much faith in your Lilium to assume he won't attack me on sight, and you'll be forced to hang him as the traitor he is...?" She spoke softly, earnestly. If he was so well-respected, had he actually earned it? Or was he just pretending, as he was wont to do, smiling falsely behind those trusting blue eyes... She used to love him, too.

And was when she arrived... an adult now, shifted, radiating power and fury from her elegant snowy form. Coli wouldn't have recognized her, save for those brilliant navy-blue eyes... It was Cercelee, come to rescue her from the bullies.

Shrinking back shyly, Coli watched in admiration as her friend fiercely admonished what could now only be described as her "underlings". She was confident as she was wrathful; an incredible transformation. Feeling ashamed of the coward she had become, before the eyes of such a woman, Coli let her hands clasp together before her, almost as though she were pleading to be admitted, her long silky hair falling before her eyes. Hesitantly, Cer spoke her name... Is it really you in there? Unable to keep the smile of relief from her muzzle, the werewolf met her gaze, whispering, "Yes... I came back, Cer. It's me... Sorry it took me so long to find you."

[/html]
[html]

She stood there in the snow. Her tan and grey coat moved by the wind. It was when the new comers words came over the young wolf did she feel a calmness. Almost a inner knowing. Sitting down gently in the snow a calm smile settled over her maw and her yellow eyes seemed to become wise for a second. "I owe him my life, so I would pay back the favor before I let him die, becuase I am a true wolf and not a pussy brat who came to daddys pack to show her distaste in him." Her voice was calm and monotone and her yellow eyes stared at the other. She knew where she stood on the matter.

It was then Cercelee came, and the anger she emitted was of no concern to the young pup. Her words and voice were all that Svara needed to stand and face the white wolf. Her words were low and a statement of fact. "Fuck off white coward. I don't answer to you, I never will." Moving a few steps on her long legs she stopped and looked back and the she wolf who was still a stranger to her. "My youth is coming to an end, and you may have to recognize how many monsters you have in this pack." The she wolf let her tail brush firefly's side before trotting off towards the cabin she staied in, with the so called monster and his mate.

[/html]
Firefly stared at the newcomer and her daughter in law quietly as the words were thrown back in her face, of loyalty and protecting of packmates and what would she do if Haku was the one who did the damage instead. She bared her fangs lightly at the woman as she chuckled darkly. "There may be no love between the two of you but I doubt that he'd risk his own neck to end your pathedic life." She was confident in the thought of what her mate would do but she knew as well the darkness that lurked in the male. She thought quietly on the subject as she eyed the woman while Svara gave her her own words.

Firefly smiled softly at the words the young girl said but too soon she found herself nearly jumping out of her skin as she heard the voice of the ghost behind her. Her ears flicked back as she growled softly to herself as she realized that the damned Rosea seemed to always show up just at the wrong moment. Firefly knew she was being cruel to the newcomer but she'd never expected or wanted to see any of Haku's other children and when this one showed up a snivelling little coward to boot she was just disgusted and couldn't believe another pathedic soul was being admitted to the pack.

She turned her head slowly towards the words that her Rosea spoke, her fangs bared slightly as she admitted, "I know what he is, just as you did when you made him your Lillium." She stared up at the woman, her gaze steady as she met those of the leader. She respected the woman though she didn't agree to her laidback ways andlast minute saves of the pack crippling souls she kept racking in out of the weeds. Firefly flicked her ears forward again as she smirked, You're right, I don't make the rules, but where would this pack be without loyalty, Cercelee.." she turned back as Svara seemed to explode suddenly in a way that even Firefly hadn't expected.

When the girl disappeared Firefly almost went after her but instead she settled back down as her eyes flickered to the white queen of the lands. "I'll speak with her.." she said with a sigh. She wasn't for certain if Cercelee even realized just how touchy the child was but she didn't have time to just sit there and explain what she thought to Cercelee. She shook her head as she looked back to the pawprints in the snow for a moment before turning her gaze back to the pathedic scene before her that just made her want to gag.
[html]

So short compared to the other posts. Poo.
Svara did not take kindly to the intrusion of the Rosea, and navy eyes turned upon the younger wolf as she spat her words out. A low growl grew in her throat but just as abrupt as the pup’s outburst she was gone, following one of the suggestions Cercelee had given the pair. The child was right, soon she would be moving into adult ranks, but that did not mean Cercelee had to welcome another monster into the pack. It seemed Firefly realized the same thing, and Cercelee nodded. Firefly would talk with her, though Cercelee wasn’t sure what advice or scolding Firefly would dole out, if any.

Turning back to Coli, she softened. “Don’t apologize. You’re here, that’s all that matters right now.” She smiled sadly at her friend, it had been too long since they had parted, neither of them were the same wolf they once had been. Life had molded and shaped them and now Cercelee was unsure if they really could just pick up where they had left off. The pack Cercelee had created had not only been shaped by herself but Haku and Colibri, Coli’s father and grandmother. It was hard to say where Coli would fit into that. “Firefly is right though, Haku is a leader here and will demand respect from you. He is loyal to us and thus the pack must return that loyalty.” Cercelee spoke softly. She had put him into that position and she hadn’t regretted it yet.

Lowering her voice, though she knew Firefly could still hear her, her eyes searched Coli’s for an answer, so perhaps her friend wouldn’t have to speak it out loud. “Is it true what you said about him? What he did…?”And did he do it to you? Cercelee shook with anticipation… it couldn’t be true. She knew something had happened, she knew it when Haku had returned to her without Coli, but she had not been able to guess at what. She wanted more than anything for Coli to say no, it was not true. That was not the type of man Cercelee had made her sub leader. That was not the type of father that had raised them both.

[/html]
[html]

Words: 700+
Aw, don't worry 'bout it! C:

Coli kept her soft features impassive, watching through the veil of her long eyelashes as Svara snarled and stormed off. So, Haku had saved the girl's life, had he? How long would it be, before he tired of her antics, she wondered. Would it be when she reached adulthood, still with the same childish temper? Would he merely cut the ties, or would he hurt her, too...? Coli actually felt a wave of pity for the vulgar-mouthed teenager, knowing that it could not last for long. The pressure of keeping an attention-seeking child in his cabin, with the looming responsibility of his own children on the way - he was sure to snap soon. Coli's presence would only fan the flames, she knew. Could she pick up the pieces, when Haku tears apart everything he wrought?

Firefly had calmed down when Cercelee arrived, though whether it was out of deference to her rank or if her mood swings had simply lost the anger, Coli wasn't sure. The pregnant woman no longer wished to contribute, though, since the fun was over, and kept watch, her sharp gaze making the hair on the back of her neck stand up uncomfortably. Should she fear Haku more, or this woman, his mate? Surely anyone Haku would promise himself to would have to be his equal... Heaving a sigh of resignation about the enemies she had made so unexpectedly, Colibri Haki brushed the loose hair from her face, shyly smiling as she got to face her friend one-on-one.

Time had treated Cercelee well, it seemed - she had matured, gained strength of character, and grown beautiful. Coli felt like she paled in comparison, even though the reality wasn't as she saw it. Her smile faded as Cer confirmed again that she had appointed Haku to one of the highest positions in the pack. Why? Because he had looked after her? Firefly said they both knew about his darkness within, so why, why trust him around the lives of innocents? Coli hadn't heard the news about the war with Inferni - if she knew the atrocities Haku had committed, even to coyotes, she would have vomited then and there. She was queasy enough as it was, and couldn't venture a reply. Yes, she'd have to bow her head to him. It wouldn't be the first time.

Cer lowered her voice to a conspirator's whisper, leaning in close to ask a question. The question. Her bright blue eyes grew dark, her fingers clutching at her sides. What could she say? Why else would any daughter be so terrified and hateful towards the man who raised her? "It... could have been you," she finally gasped, feeling like she was about to shatter into a million shards. Cercelee was the last person she wanted to admit it to. She was like a best friend and a sister, and Haku had raised her too. Coli knew the storm had been coming, and intuitively forced Cer to set out on her own. Perhaps that very act was what made Haku snap. Perhaps he didn't even remember what he did, blinded by rage and his own twisted brand of darkness. "He... he... We were fighting, and... he threw me, hurt me... I couldn't get up, so..." Coli turned away, not willing to say anything more. It was bad enough to relive the nightmare, and being left for dead afterward, alone in the abandoned house, no food or companionship. Her long silken fur hid the scattered scars that had never really healed. She used to dream of falling in love, raising a family of her own - that dream, above all else, had been crushed. Now that she was sullied so, who would want her? Now that she knew what really ran through her veins, how could she knowingly pass that on to her innocent offspring? "I guess I was lucky... that I didn't die for real, when he left me there... and... that I wasn't old enough to..." Her shaky voice failed her, and she made a vague motion towards Firefly, the woman who claimed to love him. Had Coli's monthly bleeding started a few moons sooner, Haku might have impregnated his own daughter.

[/html]
[html]

Will go ahead and accept you since Shannon will be gone for a while.
The truth stung, like nothing Cercelee had ever felt before. An burning rage grew again and she tried to quell it, knowing that it could not be redirected to either of the females here. It had to be stored, bottle up and saved, for a later time. Saved for someone else. Breathing out heavily Cercelee forgot about Firefly, listening, learning her mate’s secrets. Would she still love him just the same? Probably. Would Cercelee still trust him the same? Probably. It was true, they had both know the darkness within, but had chosen to work around it. Fit him into their lives anyway. However, that did not mean that the demon would not be reminded of and asked to pay for the crimes he had committed.

Taking Coli’s hands in her own, she bowed her head to the female. Had Cercelee not left, perhaps it would have never happened. She owed her friend an apology. “I am glad you’re here Coli, but if you don’t wish to stay in the same pack as him, I will understand. I’m sorry for that... for him... I wish there was something...” No words would undo what had been done. Perhaps they could work past it though. “He won’t hurt you here. Can’t hurt you here. He is vowed to protect every member of Dahlia with his very life. He knows that any harm he brings upon a member of the pack will be returned to him in tenfold and he is not so foolish as to risk that.”

Swallowing hard, she smiled weakly at Coli. It would be impossible for the chocolate female to understand, Cercelee still could not wholly wrap her head around the idea. “I think though... he does actually care for this pack in a way, not just the power he wields. Even personal ill feelings he has for me he turns aside, respects me, protects me even. I’m sure he will do the same for you... even if he hates doing it.” It was his job as Lilium. One thing could be said for Haku, he took his role seriously. “So... Welcome to Dahlia de Mai?”

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

<style type="text/css">
.sshead { padding: 0px; }
.sstop { background-color: #3B0505; color: white; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; }
.ssbom { background-color:#3B0505; color: white; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; }
.sstext { background-color: #D9CFD3; color: black; font-weight: normal; }
.ssbox { background-color: #A06D83; color: black; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

Dahlia Joiner table
Welcome!

Now that you've joined our pack there are a few things you should get done!
Firstly, take a few moments to get settled in. You can do this by peeking around on our pack website, reading the territory descriptions and understanding the policies. Make a habit out of stalking the news thread, which also contains a cool game if you scroll down to the bottom!

After you've done this, please update your character's profile (if it isn't all stuffed with information already), put some info about your character there, as well as a post log. You should also take a little trip to our SoulsWiki and create a page about your character, so that even if you should quit roleplaying one horrible day, we will still remember you were here. We like info, here in Dahlia de Mai! The more info about you, the better we can involve you in our characters' lives in the pack. And we want that!

Lastly, send a little PM to Mew Sadira so she can put you on the members page on the website. When you do, fill out the form posted in her profile (which the link leads you to), and attach a link to a square avatar of your character. Thank you!

Happy roleplaying in Dahlia de Mai Smile

[/html]
[html]

Thankies, hun! ^^ I guess this is my last post...?

Coli felt the warmth from Cer's furry white hands wrapped about her own champagne-marked ones, and tried to resist collapsing onto her friend's slender shoulder. It had been so long, too long, since she'd felt another's touch. She had taken far too long in coming here. She should have known that no matter what, her friend would take her back, even broken as she was now.

"Thank you..." she breathed softly, grateful just for not being rejected. She blew the feathery hair from her eyes, continuing with a shy promise. "...I want to stay by your side, whether he's here or not." Whether or not she could believe that Haku wouldn't hurt her, that her violent father wouldn't try to break her one last time... well... that much was yet to be seen. She would have to bite her tongue for now, and see what happens when she actually spoke to the chocolate-marked male. Cercelee believed in him... "I... used to have faith in him too, you know," she quietly murmured, giving her hands a little squeeze. "But I'll try," she added quickly, embarrassed. She knew Firefly would have a bone to pick with her, and she did not relish the thought of facing her new stepmother, or her siblings-to-be. What did it mean, to be a big sister? She would have a lot to sort out, being suddenly thrust back into family and pack life, but somehow she knew this was where she was supposed to be. There was a lot going on here, especially after the months of solitary confinement she had self-imposed, but... she would do her best. And maybe then she could regain her old independent, confident self again; something she yearned to do. Hopefully she could stay here longer than she did in Clouded Tears... and that this place would become a home to her.

[/html]