information is not knowledge
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4243 ... optgd5.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Horrible since I need to get off. Roommate dragging me off. --

It was evening. Light was fading away into the distance as the eerieness of evening surrounded the female wolf. The temperature of late winter swirled in bolts of cool air all around every nook and cranny of the Shattered Coast. Allegro had wandered around Phoenix Valley, hoping to catch a breath of fresh air and a few moments of peace and quiet. Her new life in a pack was exciting and interesting, but certainly stressful and tiring. Times were happy, carefree and laughter-filled, but others were stressful, and sometimes even painful; physically and mentally. You wouldn't usually think less then a month in a certain pack would affect anything. But Allegro had a way of... making things more interesting. It wasn't lying; just stretching the truth as far as it would go.

Allegro stood near the rocky shore, pacing back and forth, sighing her relief. She had met a whopping three people, which seemed like a lot but in perspective was actually a quite small amount of people. Sitting gently on the slope, her tail dipped in water swirling in circles, Allegro finally felt at peace with herself. Deep down, she wished it would change. She just didn't know how soon.

[/html]
[html]

It had been days (days!) and far too long since The Incident had occurred. Far too long, too much time spent moping and hiding, hiding and moping, wining and howling and NOTHING. He had done nothing, he had sat there, sat there doing nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing to help nothing to solve, good for nothing, useless for everything. A failure, a flunk, a dropout, he had trailed off the path and had no one to blame but himself.

But he had been scared. That was his excuse, he had been afraid. Afraid for his life, afraid for those around him, certain the murderer would strike again, but then what? What could he do? Nothing. He could not fight, he could not hurt, he could not heal. He could make brooms, but that was it. Nothing else.

But could find someone who could do something. And he would find them, soon, soon, someday (soon). He had been walking for a few hours now and had not come across another canine since. He was close to giving up when he saw someone, off in the distance, picking their way slowly across the Shattered Coast. He was saved; she was saved, and they were all free. "Miss!" he called after the girl in French, his northern accent thick and heavy. "Miss!" he called out again as he trotted closer. "I need to show you something, please, hurry!" he spoke softer now that he had neared, again, in French (as he did not know enough English to express his concerns).

[/html]
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4243 ... optgd5.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Not sure if you know French. If you do, kudos! ;D If not, then FreeTranslation (.com) is a good site.

Allegro shot her head up, her large, circular chocolate brown eyes alert. Someone - possibly something - had been calling her. She heard the cries, knoeing enough French to make out what he was saying. Searching through her vocabulary, Allegro hurried after the male. "Venir!" She cried, running closer up to him. Who was this wolf? She knew she should have been careful, but he seemed too much upset to have to do with anything dangerous. Or, at least, she hoped so.

Allegro looked at the male, jaw slightly ajar and ready to speak. But she paused momentarily, wondering what could possibly be wrong. She knew that she had never seen this male before and how could they both be concerned with each other? Did something terrible happen that needed anyone's attention, or did he specifically need her help? Before Allegro could figure out anything, she guessed that she should learn his name and buisness for calling her. She would help as much as she could, if that was at all. This situation was confusing for Allegro, even if in perspective it was fairly easy to understand.

"Quel est votre nom, votre inconnu? Peux-je vous aider avec quelque chose?" Allegro replied, lookingat the male. She tried to show some worry in her eyes, but they still looked glassy and bored. She hoped that it wouldn't shine through, but it was quite obvious.

[/html]
[html]

Barthélémy whined pitifully when the girl shouted after him, and flattened his ears and lowered his tail slightly. He did not want to come over there, no, she was supposed to come over here. With him to the lighthouse so he could show her what had happened so she could tell someone important so someone could figure out what had happened. Of course, he was fairly certain Aurèle had done this, and he would be certain to tell this girl so, too.

"Barthélémy Aston, but that's not important! You have to come see, someone, someone really bad did something... really, really bad. It's farther south. In The Trenches, in a lighthouse. I was there, and they were, they were... let me show you, okay? You can tell someone important and catch the person who did it. I know who did it, though. But you have to find her," he replied. He spoke quickly, trying to get everything out, trying to tell the girl quickly so he could show her what had happened. The bodies would still be there, he hoped. Perhaps Aurèle had returned and cleaned up the mess so no one would find it. But she hadn't known he was there (had she?) so she wouldn't have anything to worry about. Hopefully.

[/html]
[html]

Horrible and short. Sorry. D:

Aston? Allegro instantly knew that they were more then likely related. But how? She had never seen this wolf in her life. He just couldn't be kin. But at the same time, he probably was. Allegro looked at him, studying his words and his appearance. She guessed that Barthélémy looked oddly alike to her, but... how? He wasn't possibly her father; that was silly. Not her siblings, either. Opening her mouth, Allegro was temporary unable to speak. The situation was urgent, so she ran after the wolf, her mouth still open.

"Aston? I'm Allegro Aston," Allegro said, finally finding the courage to speak. The incident at hand was obviously important, with Bart speaking in a blur and how fast he wanted to move. Yet, Allegro couldn't focus on it as much as she should. She was just thinking about Bart and how they could be related. Swallowing deeply, Allegro said, "Do I know you? Are you family?" Allegro frowned, obviously looking rather displeased.

[/html]
[html]

~:3 <3

She was looking at him. Looking at him, but not in a good way (it was never in a good way), staring at him incredulously, as if he had a giant SPIDER crawling across his face. He squeaked, raised a paw up to his face, then dropped it and began to rub his head against his foreleg. He glanced at his leg once he was finished and was relieved to see there were not spider guts anywhere. Good. He frowned. Wait, not good. The girl would probably think what he had just done was weird. Bart lowered his eyes, then shut them tightly, hoping she hadn't noticed.

He reopened his eyes when he heard her speak, just as soon wishing he hadn't. She was looking at him again, this time inquisitively, as if she knew something and he did not. He blushed, not sure what to say in reply, and mumbled a quick, "hi," then glanced away. It took a few moments before the realization dawned, and then: "Oh, you're like me. An Aston. Like... family. Maybe. From somewhere. I don't know you. Or I don't think I do. I grew up in Northern Québec, very far from here, very far. Cold, brrr, very cold, which is why I have a thick coat so it is not so brrrr," he replied. He frowned once more. Something was wrong. He was forgetting something, something very important. But what?

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i43.tinypic.com/nq7382.png); width: 450px; height: 570px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #101213 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 45px; top: 45px; width: 320px; height: 450px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

dhjfjkghfjg

Allegro considered that, perchance, they could be family. It was unlikely, or so she thought. She didn't know any of her family. They weren't close. But, as she thought about it more, this wolf could be her kin. Her parents hadn't told her about any cousins, uncles or aunts she had; who knows? This wolf could be closer then Allegro ever thought possible.

Allegro blinked. She was close to being fluent in French, yet she understood nothing of what Barthélémy had just said. It wasn't his French; no, of course not. He was one of the best speaker of French Allegro had ever heard. Allegro thought it sounded like he was rambling but it seemed natural to him. Giving her head a quick, odd shake, Allegro forgot the way he spoke and focused more on what he said. "J'ai grandi dans Nova Scotia..." Allegro said, looking Bart over once more. "Savez-vous de lui?"

[/html]
[html]
Barthélémy frowned. The girl blinked. He watched her, silently, as she began to speak. He frowned at her words, understanding most of what she said, yes, but unable to figure out where she was born. Nova Scotia? What was that? Or rather, where was that? Nova sounded a lot like Nouvelle, sort of like the name of... here. Nouvelle, Nova, perhaps... she meant Nouvelle-Écosse? He frowned, then nodded. He understood.

"Okay, Miss Allegro Aston! You have a funny accent. That must be because you are not from where I am from, much farther north. We call this Nova Scotia, yes? Okay, good, good, I think we do. Or you do. That is good." He frowned, pausing. "Oh, I just remembered. I have to show you something, okay? It is kind of scary -- very scary, actually -- but I need to show someone. Maybe you? Someone was hurt, very badly hurt. Many hurt. I need to get help. And find who did it. Can you help?" He rambled on quickly in his native tongue, his Northern dialect imposing itself in his words every so often. Despite having been born in the barren ice lands of Nord-du-Québec, he had spent much of his time in Côte-Nord, and had acquired the accent, or rather, the dialect. His vowels were stretched in some places, and his words clipped in others, making him sound both whimsical and gruff at the same time.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i43.tinypic.com/nq7382.png); width: 450px; height: 570px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #101213 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 45px; top: 45px; width: 320px; height: 450px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

--

Allegro decided to forget what Bart had said before. She was much more interested in what he just had said. Help? Why would he need help? Who are badly hurt? What was going on? Allegro nodded slowly and decided to follow the male. She would help him as much as she could, but she didn't know how much she could. "Qu'est-il arrivé?"

For a second, Allegro forgot she needed to speak French. "Okay, lead the way," She didn't really notice, nor did she care. She hadn't been involved in any drama for a while and it was odd to feel the intense emotions again. Allegro thought it was refreshing. But not if it meant someone was hurt. How badly hurt was this person? Were they in pain? Were they dead? Allegro shook her head. She wouldn't allow herself to think such thoughts.

[/html]
[html]
Barthélémy paused for a moment, trying to figure out what to say next. The girl said something, too quickly for Bart to understand what she'd said. He frowned, trying to figure out what she'd said, but it was no use. "Ouai?" he tried after a moment, unsure of what he was replying to to. No, it didn't matter. He had to take this into his own hands -- paws. Human expressions didn't really work for luperci, did they?

She said something again, and this time, Bart was certain it had been in English. "Uhmm, uhmmm, kay," he said at last, stretching out the vowels and pausing on the consonants. Whenever he became nervous, his Northern accent became even more obvious even though he tried to hide it as best he could. He always thought people would make fun of him for how he talked, since not only did he pronounce things slightly different in French, he could not even speak English. He had no doubt that there would be someone -- one day -- that would think he was stupid. Probably Honoré - his brother always did say he spoke funny.

"Okay, we go now, go to scary place, but you come too because Barthélémy is scared, very scared, so you have to be brave, very brave, okay? Okay. You are nice, you come with, see lighthouse, see scary. But then you know! Knowing is good, yes?" Barthélémy began to set off in the direction of the lighthouse, checking back over his shoulder every so often to make sure Allegro was following behind. Allegro Aston, like him, but who? Barthélémy did not know. Maybe later. He was busy. Busy, busy, and very scared. Too scared to think of who Alle-grow was, that was right.

[/html]
[html]
Allegro nodded intently, looking into Barthélémy's eyes. His heavy nothern accent was obviously heard as he sounded out the vowels of English, yet it was a pretty voice and made the young woman smile. Perhaps they were family. Cousins, perchance? But Allegro could tell by Bart's tone and facial expressions that this wasn't the best time to be thinking about that. He seemed scared and nervous about something.

"What is wrong, Barthélémy? What is so scary?" Allegro murmured. She accepted his orders, following him. Scary? What was scary? Brave? Why did she have to be brave? What was the man rambling on about now? Allegro guessed that a rabbit or another small creature had died and now Bart was overreacting. Thinking of that odd thought, she let out a snort.

[/html]
Just a note, Bart does not speak any English at all. I'm just too lazy to type this out in French. xD But his Northern accent would be noticeable in French regardless! :3

[html]
Barthélémy paused, and was about to add something else when Allegro spoke. He flattened his ears and curled his tail in, shaking slightly. He didn't want to go back there again, but he knew he had to. And Allegro seemed nice -- very nice! -- so she would be able to help. She could be strong! Barthélémy was not strong. Not at all. She looked strong. Strong and nice. He looked nice luperci.

"Uhmm, lots of luperci hurted. Hurted, ouch, ouch! Ouchie! Bleeding, lying down, not moving, dead? Very dead, dead, dead, dead. Maybe you know? You go lots of places, many, lots, you from Nova Scotia, but you wander South? It South, in a lighthouse, big steps up to it, you go in, smells bad, smells very bad, met a mean coyote who scared me, very mean! And saw another coyote, smelled like Eefernee -- how you say? Eenfearnee? Efferni? Smelled like that! Wandering around, red eyes, scary! Did not like at all! But maybe you know who got hurted? Here, I show! Follow Barthélémy, okay? Barthélémy is afraid, but Allegro Aston will not be afraid, okay? Can help!" Barthélémy nodded to Allegro, then to himself. He beckoned for her to follow him, then set off in the direction of the lighthouse. He moved quickly, not wanting to waste any time walking. Not when they could run.

[/html]