tearing off the mask of man
[html]

Out of Character

*loves on*

In Character

It'd been just over a week now. Kol had settled back into her little house near the cemetery, reuniting with her best friend and generally getting used to the idea of being home. Dahlia de Mai still felt like home to the dark girl, but there was no denying that she had changed though Dahlia had not. It was true she had missed out on a great many things while she was off defending her family, but even those hardly felt like changes compared to how the Stormbringer felt on the inside. When she'd first sought acceptance into Dahlia's ranks those many months ago, she'd been eager, adventurous, naive, a blank slate; all the many things a girl her age should have been. The battles and conflict with Inferni had begun to shape her in her earlier months, building her confidence and letting the girl know herself better, letting her discover just what she'd been made of. As bloody and horrific as that war had been, it had brought about dependable and admirable qualities in the young Kol, and she was grateful for that.

The war she'd been called away to, however, was another matter entirely.

No one Kol knew had been lost to the war between her chosen pack and Inferni. But she was now minus a brother and several cousins thanks to those damned Dawnrunners. Skripi had been the runt of Kol's litter, but he'd thrown himself into the skirmishes the same as anyone else, and there'd been nothing Kol could do to save him once three of the white devils had gotten ahold of him. It hadn't been quick, and it hadn't been clean. And even the fact that those three had lost their lives not long after the act brought no comfort to the Stormbringer. The moment of her brother's death was the closest Kol had ever come to letting go her hold on the inner darkness that was her family's heritage, and she was still thankful to this day that she'd kept her control. The Stormbringers carried within them a thread of insanity and violent tendencies, and they spent every day of their lives trying to keep that inner demon caged. The Dawnrunners, with their hypocritical ideals and zealous beliefs, had a far deeper and more dangerous insanity in their own blood it would seem. Kol would be damned if she'd ever let herself become like one of them.

Reflective thoughts raced through the quiet girl's mind as she lay beneath the stars. It was a cloudless night, and the shewolf was a single shadow amongst the many cast by the crumbling concrete angels and broken tombstones of the graveyard. Nightmares of the atrocities she'd seen had pulled Kol from her fitful rest, and her mind sought a fleeting peace offered by the silent guardians of the cemetery, where the screams of her brother faded to echoes in the night.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
300+ Sorry for crappiness and all, trying to reply to as many threads as possible before i throw myself on absentee list for a week. Bf visiting ;PPPPP

He was on his way to check on the unnamed child’s grave. He had been angry and upset when he had made it, and he was unsure if it had been deep enough. The soil was frozen and he knew well that he had not done the best of jobs. The male did not know why it was important to him to make sure that it was alright and maybe improve the shallow grave of his stillborn daughter. He did not question it, he merely acted on a father’s urge to tend to his child’s grave. The need to do so was there, but he did not feel much sorrow about the dead child. Firefly seemed to care, but she was a female and their mother. He guessed there was a specific trigger that was switched on when they became mothers. She would not let him touch the children if she doubted his intentions. It annoyed him.

There was a familiar scent to be sound in the graveyards in the middle of the night. He had picked it up a few days ago at the borders and was happy to have it confirmed that Kol Stormbringer was back from the dead. He changed his route slightly so that he would pass the female on his way to the grave he was on his way to visit. He had all the time in the world. The female was watching the stars when he entered the scene, and he threw a glance up towards the pitch black velvet himself to gaze at the winking lights so incredibly far away. Now what a lovely surprise this is. The male purred out. towards the pitch black woman. He placed a sincere smile on his face, because this was one of the rather few Dahlia members he felt he had gotten along with.
[html]

Out of Character

Okie babe, I'm assuming Haku's in his half form since it wasn't mentioned and I know that's his usual one. XD I hope that's ok? And ZOMG have fun!!!! =X I'd say stay outta trouble but that'd be hypocritical of me...so just DON'T GET CAUGHT! XDD

In Character

So lost in her reflections was she that the Stormbringer girl failed to notice the male's approach until he was nearly beside her. Never would she allow herself to be caught so offguard outside of the packlands, but Dahlia de Mai had an impressive defense and few chose to chance an excursion into their borders unannounced. The very center of the packlands was the safest place to be, and that's almost precisely where Kol had made her home. The wind was blowing gently away from Kol, keeping the male's scent from her, but she hadn't needed that hint regardless. There was only one male in all of Dahlia de Mai who normally roamed around in his half-shifted form, and she knew him well enough to recognize him instantly. "Indeed. It's not often the clouds clear on a thinly-mooned night. The view is incredible."

She turned her head toward the male, violet eyes glimmering with humor. She knew that hadn't been what he'd meant, and she smiled knowingly at the Lilium. Haku's ways were the cause of constant controversy and conflict, but Kol found a sort of familiarity in them. She was fond of the male, in no small part because she somewhat understood him in a way. He was very similar to those of her own bloodline, and she respected and admired his loyalty and dedication to a pack that sometimes seemed only to fear and loathe him. But Haku's darkness was a very staple of his being; he wouldn't be Haku without it. "I was wondering when I'd run into you. I'm sorry for up and vanishing the way I did. I didn't have time to leave word."

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
Uhm, yeah, halfling ftw! btw, sorry for quality of this post, i dont have grammar check on.

The unique reply made confusion rise in the male for a mere second before got the 'joke'. His eyes joined in with their own kind of smile, and he allowed himself once more to gaze up towards the dark sky in an attempt to see the same beauty everyone else seemed to notice. Flayra too had worshiped the beauty of the night, but Haku feared he would never understand. Once upon a time when he had been a mere child himself, he and his mother had spent nights watching the stars. Back then he had found it beautiful, but the moment was lost and the sense of beauty had been twisted so violently that he only saw beauty where no one else did.

The female started on her apology, but he slowly shook his head at her. How long had Kol actually been gone? Haku did not really take much notice in such things. Well, he did, but with Kol she had just disappeared. One day she was just gone, but he had taken little notice of it. Perhaps he had been aware of that she had had something more important to do. The Lilium of Dahlia was not kind to those who turned their backs to Dahlia and deserted, but he held no disliking for Kol whatsoever. She was back now, was she not? At the moment, that was all Haku cared about, that the black beauty was back and well. However, as everyone else, he was curious of the reason.

Do not apologize Kol. You are back, and that's enough for me. He hesitated slightly before he continued. It is only natural for me to ask. What happened?
[html]

Out of Character

*glomploves* Long post is long. XD And rambley.

In Character

Kol couldn't help but smile gratefully as the Lilium spoke. He had no idea how much it meant to the girl that Dahlia had welcomed her back without a single question or doubt, and it just cemented in her heart even more just how much she felt she belonged here. The anticipated inquiry came as Kol had turned her eyes back to the stars, and she smiled a bit wanly as Haku's words reached her. "Well, I hope you didn't have any pressing plans tonight then. It's somewhat of a long story." Violet eyes softened slightly as she turned them back to the chocolate male, one of the few souls she felt comfortable enough with to let her wall down, surprisingly enough.

"My family line, the Stormbringers, come from a very lengthy background. Our homeland isn't terribly far from here, in Solbjorg Valley. We have a somewhat unique view of things, and according to myth and family legend, we're descended from the great godwolf Fenris, who was imprisoned long ago by the principle gods. Supposedly, at some point in time, Fenris will break his chains and free himself, taking revenge on the gods and bringing about the end of the world. Because of this, he's usually viewed as evil incarnate, a demonic visage to be feared and reviled. Every Stormbringer is born with his darkness in their blood, a tendency toward insanity and violence we live each day keeping at bay." She paused a moment to make sure the male was following her story, knowing it could be rather confusing at first if she didn't explain things correctly.

"For as long as the Stormbringers have existed, so have the Dawnrunners. It's their claim that the blood in their veins descends from the Great Wolves, Geri and Freki, who guard the father of the principle gods. It is a point of endless boasting and self-righteous teachings among the Dawnrunner line, and they fancy themselves the ultimate light of the mortal world and the last great hope of mortal wolves on earth. Every last one of them is insane." Her words were spoken through a constant growl as she continued. "The two bloodlines, Stormbringer and Dawnrunner, have been in conflict for longer than anyone can remember. There have been attempted peace treaties and truces countless times, and each time they've been broken, whether it be a misunderstanding or deliberate act from one of the sides. This time it was them.

My brother Skripi tracked me down and found me on night several months ago, and we left for the Valley at that very moment. He'd left to find me as soon as the attack had happened, as he was always our fastest messenger and scout. It took about two weeks to get back, and we were thrown into the thick of things immediately, for the most part. The conflict lasted for months, both of our families taking casualties, until finally one of those damned bastards had the sense to take over and form another stressful truce with us. Skripi...he didn't make it. He was the runt of us, and just never stood a chance and he knew it."
A heavy sighed rattled her chest. "But the idiot got involved anyway, instead of listening to Crow and staying out of things."

For a moment, Kol went quiet, the stillness of the night bearing down on the female as she fought with her memories. "After it was all over, there was no question of me leaving again. Dahlia is home to me, despite my ties to my family, and I set out after a few days of recovery. They know where to find me, if anything should happen again." Lost in her thoughts for the time being, Kol's jaw tensed as she clenched it in anger. "Those goddamned hypocrites need to be stopped. They'll end the world themselves with their ideals of purification and genocide."

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
500+ Eeee I loved reading your reply! <33 ^_^

Haku generally despised those pathetic creatures that ran off without warning. Grayson, Windseeker, there had been quite many since he had joined Dahlia de Mai. When someone dared to come back despite their wasted pride, this could soothe the beast with the thorn. Of course it helped that he always had liked her. She had never judged him (not openly, at least) for what he was, and more than anything he was grateful for that. The black female’s smile lifted some weight off his shoulders. He tossed away the thoughts of a silly dead child and sat down when she made it apparent that she would tell him her story without any dillydallying. His ears perked softly forwards, and he could only offer his full attention to what the black female was about to say. Little did he know that her tale was filled with sorrow.

When she introduced her family line, he kept his smile up. As a child he had peeked around looking at northern gods, and there had been some Fenris wolf there that he had quite enjoyed reading about. It was mostly lost to him now, but he could still remember the name. If her words were true, he pitied himself for not being related to her. Not that he ever had cared of such things, but his own family line was a sad joke. When she paused for a moment, he only gave her an encouraging nod, requesting her to go on. The Stormbringers was a tough family, and he would already have known this if he had known the Stormbringers that his mother had met through her years. When the woman went on, the glamorous introduction was over, and he was starting to realize that she had left Dahlia to go to war for her family’s sake.

As the female spoke, the Lilium’s smile disappeared and his face turned rather blank as he listened to her finish off. He wished he could feel true compassion, because right now he ached to be able to soothe her wounded soul. Wars were ugly, and that was why he loved them. He did not celebrate her loss, rather the opposite. He felt his hackles slightly rising and discovered to his own surprise that he felt slightly angry. ”Why did you not tell us? We could have helped you.” He bluntly stated, but a moment after he realized that it would of course have been a bit silly, with Inferni conflict still fresh and all. Nevertheless, Haku had sworn himself to this pack, and that promise had made its home in his heart. He would defend every member of Dahlia from harm as best he could. Even Coli and Lubomir would be defended.

He was sorry for her loss, as much he was able to anyways. He would not say that he was sorry for her loss, because that was a too often used phrase in such cases. His reaction to her story should be proof enough that he did not like what she had gone through. ” If anything should happen again, you say.. if so, then do not be afraid to ask for assistance.” He could say nothing of what Dahlia would do, but if she asked, he would go with her and feed from dead Dawnrunner corpses.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

You've no idea how much I love Haku. XD This is kinda short and choppy because I keep getting interrupted by needy customers. x.x

In Character

The female's inherent anger faded as her Lilium spoke. His own anger was apparent, but the fact that the emotion was quite clearly on behalf of Kol rather than at her made the woman blink in surprise. To be honest, she hadn't known what sort of a welcoming she would come home to in Dahlia de Mai. After all, she had for all appearances just abandoned them in the middle of the night, whether she'd had good reason to leave or not. She could have easily left behind some sort of note, knowing she was close enough to at least one or two members that they'd come by the house at some point. But Kol's heart had overtaken her head at Skripi's arrival, and all that mattered to her in that instant was action.

It would have been silly to ask for help when she'd left, wouldn't it? Dahlia had only just negotiated a truce with the coyotes of Inferni, and many members had still been healing from their war wounds when her brother had reached her. Besides, this was an ancient conflict, and there was no good reason to drag the rest of her chosen Dahlian family into it. She would not put her pack in danger over something that involved only the two warring bloodlines. But Haku's vehement response to Kol's explanation made her even more certain she'd made the right decision in returning to Dahlia de Mai. It also deepened both her loyalty to the pack and the respect and esteem she held for its Lilium. Breathing a soft sigh of relief, Kol offered the chocolate male a sincere and grateful smile."That means a great deal to me Haku, I hope you know that. So aside from Alexey suddenly becoming a luperci, what else have I missed? Have the coyotes been keeping their asses to themselves?" As she changed the subject, her violet eyes danced with no little hint of mischief. Her brother's loss had tainted the excitement of the war with the Dawnrunners, but any misstep on the part of Inferni might let the girl get rid of a bit of bottled-up frustration.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
500+

He mirrored her grateful smile. There were few of those he appreciated, and he was delighted to have her back, safe and sound. He just knew that he was wasting away here with all that happened, or.. with all that did nod happen. He needed his blood to flow fever hot through his vein, he needed just as much as his lungs needed air to keep his body in function. He was dying slowly inside. Firefly had been his loyal companion a few times after the war when he had been unable to control himself, and they had ended a couple of lives without any specific reason. It was just how he was, he could not change it any more than he could change the color of his eyes. Intense and innocent sky blue, but with a crimson stained soul behind them, hungry for more of what was so wrong. He belonged on the battle field, and if Kol was to return to a new conflict, then if she wanted assistance, Haku would probably follow her, leaving Dahlia behind only for a little while. He would still be chained down, but he was not required to stay in Dahlia twenty four seven.

A foolish daydream perhaps, but gave him an unstable calm to imagine that he could join a legal slaughter house again. Oh, how his soul craved it. He flickered a lonely ear when the black female changed topic. It was understandable. He had seen her pain. Returning images of what she had seen and done did not do the female any good, and he willingly followed when she started to talk about the latest news. He knew nothing about Alexey and her transformation into a luperci. All he knew about those three Koios siblings was that they were supposedly non shifters, and Adelaida (which he had not even met yet) was a pain in the ass because of her feelings for werewolves. He did not get it. If lupercis were so bad, then why the hell had she joined a pack full of them? Of course, he doubted there were any packs without any werewolves, so perhaps this had been her only choice. Plain wolves were not that common anymore, they were a dying breed.

"Coyotes are keeping a low profile, at least when it comes to Dahlia for all I know. There was some trespasser coyote here not too long ago, but my mate and a little snot named Svara showed him what they thought about that." Oh, how he wished he had been there. The coyote would probably not have been able to return to Inferni though, so perhaps it was a good thing Haku had been miles away that day. "I myself am currently in a lot of drama because I'm a retarded idiot. Firefly is not the only one that has given birth to my blood, so I am a bit fucked. I am not loved, and I understand why." Because he was a cheating asshole. He would not want to go into any details, and he was sure Kol would soon enough hear about his long lost daughter, Colibri Haki and her story. "Nothing has happened, really. Nothing of importance, things are as dull as ever, I'm afraid." The male snorted loudly and tilted his head. Maybe Kol had brought some action with her.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

*squish*

In Character

Kol was glad to hear the coyotes were keeping to themselves, for the most part. It meant that no one in Dahlia was in danger from them, but it also meant she had no excuse to take out some of her frustration on some unsuspecting Inferni member. Haku's next words, however, grabbed the girl's attention and threw her for a complete loop. Mate? When had the Lilium taken a mate? And who the heck could be a possible match for his unique personality? "You took a mate? Who is it?" She blinked in surprise as the male went on, answering her question in the next barrage of information. So it must be Firefly, and she had born him children? As had at least one other woman? The charcoal girl's head swam with the sudden influx of data.

Out of all the words flowing from Haku's mouth, however, there was one comment that made the girl angry. "Haku, you are not a retarded idiot. Maybe you lack a bit of self control now and then and you're different from anyone else, but none of who you are makes you an idiot. I neither follow nor respect idiots, and I'd follow you to the grave if need be. You insult me and the whole of Dahlia when you insult yourself, Lilium. We all do stupid things and make huge mistakes, it's part of life. No one is perfect, and those who believe they are are the biggest idiots of all. The Dawnrunners are a perfect example." Kol knew enough about her male leader to understand what he'd meant. In fact, there were plenty in her own family, her grandfather Crow at the top of them, who had made dire mistakes in life and love many times over. Haku would probably never be the kind of male to committ to one female in more than superficiality, and Kol also knew that Firefly was probably well aware of that fact. Who was anyone else to judge Haku, when no one had ever walked in his shoes?

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
500+ Eeeeeee<333

He caught her mild surprise, but had honestly assumed she had known all about it for some reason. It made sense though, Kol had been gone before Haku had asked for Firefly’s hand, and whoever had greeted her into the pack and so on had probably not thought about mentioning such a casual thing. He gave the woman a nod. ”Yes, Firefly.” It had probably been a mistake, something that he had managed to prove over and over by cheating on his mate. Maybe he just was not cut out the keep to only one. Things seemed to be a bit smoother than they had been for a long time, but he was afraid it was only a matter of time before he threw himself into the sea of sin again. He could always hope for the best, but it had been the same thing when he first had become Firefly’s mate, but he had failed.

The ebony female’s next words made him gape. He fully flattened his ears and lowered his frame slightly, eyes suspiciously analyzing the female’s face. He had never had anyone speak to him like that. It was not negative though, it was definitely positive. He was surprised because of the way she reacted and the words she chose. So few would have spoken up and said what the Stormbringer girl just had done. Most did not trust him, did not like him. What had happened at the birth scene had proved what the pack and his leader thought of him, and it had actually been quite horrible, to realize that after everything he had done, nothing had changed. It had been his own children and they had automatically assumed that he would harm them. What had he done to deserve such mistrust?

He knew words had spread about his feelings concerning Firefly’s pregnancy and all that, but he had only openly showed it in front of Firefly, and whatever they had gathered of information had been from second hand sources. They assumed and judged as they saw fit, and even though the male saw himself close to untouchable when it came to emotions, it had hurt. Kol told him that she would follow him to the grave if necessary, and that meant more than she could ever imagine. Haku’s hackles slightly rose, and he felt new respect for the female pour through his pores. He stayed silent for a few moments, and his eyes stayed on her delicate face. He could feel his heart beat slightly faster, and removed his eyes immediately from her attractive frame.

He licked his lips slowly, and finally spoke. ”Not many would say that.” He was quite empty for words. Maybe he had not failed completely. Some seemed to have faith in him, and it encouraged him continue to try be a good leader and member of Dahlia de Mai. ”My mistakes are never forgotten by the rest of the pack, it seems. My oldest daughter has recently come to stay in Dahlia, and I wronged her horribly in the past. My slips are all they see. You are the first one that has supported me so openly straight to my face.” Would she ask about Coli now? Would she hate him for what he had done to his own flesh or blood. He would fully understand if she would, because it was monstrous what he had done.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

<333333333!!!!!!! Kol's really lumping on the history in this thread! XD Good lord I've been rambley!

In Character

Kol was not one to back down when she believed in something, and she believed in her Lilium and the whole of Dahlia de Mai straight down to her soul. Of course, when Haku's entire bearing changed with the Circee's outburst, Kol suddenly realized that perhaps she'd spoken a bit too bluntly and offended him in some way. Then again, it didn't matter after everything was said and done. She'd spoken her mind and crossed the bridge, whether or not she'd burned it remained to be seen.

Fortunately for the girl, Haku realized exactly what Kol had been trying to say, rather than being angry with her for speaking so openly and chidingly to her leader. At his surprised reaction and subsequent explanation, the Stormbringer's lips curled again into a soft half-smile, her violet eyes warm with understanding. "It seems that no matter how many good deeds wolves like us do, it's always our mistakes that haunt us. It's as if one mistake, no matter how small, can never be atoned for with any amount of good. As much as I revile the Dawnrunners, there's a single individual I can't help but feel sorry for. She was one of a litter of six, and when she was young something happened that has haunted her for life. She and her siblings had been playfighting, and she'd gotten a little too rough. She accidentally killed her sister, the runt of that litter, and apparently everyone's favorite child. I'd been out exploring on my own, a mere pup myself, trying to see how close to the Dawnrunner territory I could get before being chased off. I saw the whole thing. Curiosity held me after that, and so I followed her story, keeping up with what happened to her. The pack nearly killed her for what she'd done, opting instead to shatter her leg and take her right eye, crippling and half-blinding her for life. She's their constant scapegoat, and yet she's always trying to help them in any way she can. They're blind to the good she's done for them, but I've seen it for myself. She's probably the only sane one of the entire lot."

Realizing she'd rambled on with what could be seen as something completely unrelated, Kol blinked herself out of her train of thought and stretched her languid body. Her black fur glimmered in the moonlight as she shook herself more awake. "I guess my point is that despite what others think about you, you're still doing good just because it's the right thing to do, and you still love this pack very deeply in your own way. The rest of the pack may judge you and mistrust you, but they still accept and follow you despite their outward feelings. Maybe they'll come around and realize you're not the true monster they see you for, and maybe they won't. Ultimately it's your own decision whether you abandon Dahlia and justify their feelings, or whether you stay and devote everything you are to the pack as you've already done, despite their shunning. As for your daughter...you don't have to tell me what happened, as the Dahlian grapevine is rather efficient, but I do prefer to hear things from the source, if you know what I mean." Her smile softened her words, and she hoped she didn't sound nosey or otherwise intrusive. After all, it was Haku's business, and she knew what it was like to have certain secrets one would like to keep to oneself.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
500+ Crappy reply, sorryy

Suddenly another story was offered to the chocolate man, and he could not do anything but to sit back and listen do it. If he had been normal, he would have felt sorry for the child she spoke of. It was a sad story, but Haku was unaffected as always. He could understand both sides in the story, but it was an undeserving treatment for the other puppy. Children were stupid, they made mistakes, accidents happened. Haku threw on a compassionate face, but he found the Dawnrunners very interesting by the way Kol described their ways of punishing an innocent puppy. Even if he liked violence and despair, he did not understand why they had punished the girl. With one dead child, there had been one loss, but by crippling the unfortunate child, they had lost two members of their family. Oh well, they ruled their own way just as Haku did here. If Cercelee had not been such a goodie good shoe, then he would have made Dahlia into something truly unique. Hopefully he would never be put on top of the Dahlia hierarchy.

His previous smile returned to the male's face when the story was done and she explained what she had meant. He nodded. Of course. He had not planned anything else anyway. He had established a livable life here, and he had no where else to go, really. Well, always places to go, people to fuck and kill, but he was generally content here as well, and he liked the feeling of being of use. He had a mate and children (ugh, too many), and there seemed to arrive more and more members that he found worthy of interest. He did not have any reasons to leave this place. When she mentioned Colibri Haki, he held his breath and finally looked back at her. She was right and he was best off telling her. That was another thing that endlessly frustrated the brown male. Everyone went psycho on him because of second hand sources. No one never seemed to bother checking facts twice.

The carnival dressed coyote had been one of them. Attacked him without warning and he hadn't even known why. Oh, this world was so fucked up for the man named Haku. He gritted his teeth for a moment before he opened his mouth and let the horrible truth leak out. "One year ago I attacked and raped her, then I left her." There. All he could do now was to watch her face darken and her eyes turn him into a stranger she did not want to know. He tilted his head and let his sky blue gaze fall to the ground, resting on frozen leaves and broken dreams. He was sorry for what he had done, but he could not change it. It was true that he had not fully been himself when it happened, but it was no excuse. Haku and his demon had been united for too long and had almost merged into one being. He would have been fully in its power if the the creature had not chosen to go into a long slumber.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

*chews on* I think I'm letting Kol talk too much. <.<

In Character

Kol remained ever patient as she watched Haku mull over his decision. Ultimately it was his to make, and the black female would neither be affronted nor insulted if he kept things to himself. However, what she'd said was simply the truth; it was always better to get information directly from the source, rather than second-hand or even farther down the grapevine. It took less time than Kol had anticipated for her leader to come to his decision, and when the words left his vermilion lips, it took a moment for them to sink in. It was bad, very bad, but Kol's resolve was firm. Her eyes neither darkened nor softened, remaining instead wrapped in their mysterious shroud of violet. A quiet sigh left her lips as she formulated a response. "Well, I believe that definitely qualifies as wronging her horribly. But I can see the guilt and regret in your eyes, which tells me you yourself fight your own inner demon, rather than embracing it. You know what you did, you admit it, and you're dealing with it. Haku, you're not the only one fighting that type of battle. My own grandfather raped and nearly killed his twin sister in the throes of dark madness. But he regained his sanity and has since become the much respected and revered patriarch of the main Stormbringer pack." She paused then, hoping her words were sinking in.

"What you did to your daughter was twisted and monstrous, but it's in the past Haku. Personally, what confuses me is just why she would have chosen to live here near you in the first place. What you did to her is probably irreparable, but I have a feeling that it will never happen again to any of your current or future children. And honestly? I doubt the same Haku who raped is really still lurking around. We change, we grow, we learn how to control things. And people like you and me live every day keeping our inner demons at bay." Kol smiled as the last of her words left her mouth, her fangs and amethyst eyes glinting with a hint of mischief. She's spoken the truth about constantly fighting that inner darkness they possessed, but at the same time, that same darkness was dangerously seductive. She'd given into it only a little during the Dawnrunner incident, and it had made her feel more alive than anything she'd ever known. She was beginning to understand quite well just how fine a line those like Haku and herself tread.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
700+ I like her talking! Wheeo

Another wave of surprise got him when her eyes did not falter nor change when she digested the terrible truth he just had revealed to her. If he had been someone else, he might would have felt a sting of guilt because of the words she now chose to let out. He had embraced his demon, and he still worshiped it as he always had. The monster was just keeping a low profile because it would have been impossible for him to function in his pack and the position he held there without keeping a relatively sane profile. He knew it was only a matter of time before the monster fully awoke again to taste blood. It had already started. Haku had several times woken up strange places with the taste of blood still fresh in his mouth. This worried him a bit, because he had always been awake when the demon decided it was time for someone to die. He did not like that his body was used without his permission. It was never his own blood he was covered in when he woke up, but he had never been able to find the victim either. He hated not knowing.

Haku did not know this Crow Stormbringer. His mother had silently loved the jet black male with the gray stormy eyes, but she had not shared her own history with her children, so he knew very little about her past, the history of Bleeding Souls. It seemed surreal to him that such a wild soul could rise and hold a leader position in a pack, but hey, wasn't Haku in the same position himself at the moment? Yes sir, despite his reputation he was the sub leader of one of 'Souls strongest pack. Blooming Dahlia with the innocent name. Some flowers had thorns. He had forever bloodied the pack by what he had done so many months ago at the Inferni borders. He had created a beautiful peace of art and completed it with Dahlia's most famous flower. The black Dahlia held dangerous ties to terrible crimes. Haku was Dahlia de Mai's black flower, and he loved it.

He returned the violet eyed female's mischievous grin. It seemed there was a possibility that they shared some ties, although it was not the same darkness that lurked within their souls. Or, whatever were left of them. She was wrong though, he still was the same Haku, he was just being careful. He enjoyed his constant solitude, but there were times where he would have given anything to find someone as fucked up as himself, someone he could confide in and share the full truth, just so that he knew he was not alone in the world. Her family seemed to be full of promising individuals, but Kol herself seemed to be quite aware of her limits. Such a shame. He would not ruin her image of an improved Haku. He would not ruin any of his children like he had ruined Coli, but he was still the same bastard. Wild spirits could never be fully tamed. Never.

"Well said, Kol. I really respect what you say, and I'm grateful for your honesty. Thank you for not turning your back at me." His words were as sincere as they could get. Inner demons, though.. "What happens when we sleep, though? Defenses are on their minimum, and a demon never sleeps. It hibernates, it slumbers, yes, but it never sleeps. What then, Kol?" He would not be surprised if she did not understand him. How could she when he did not understand himself? Haku did not mind the demon using his body, but he wanted to be a part of it. He wanted to feel, touch and taste. Rules had been broken, and Haku despised not being in control. Was this schizophrenia or something else? Once upon a time he had not cared, but he was starting to wonder. What was actually wrong inside his head? Was it in the brain or his soul? It could not be fixed, he accepted that, but he wanted to know. What did Kol know about these things? Did she have insanety running in her family? Was it a similar kind that flowed through him?

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

*BOUNCES*

In Character

There was something unreadable behind the male's azure eyes as he responded to her. Kol couldn't quite place it, but she suspected he had his doubts about some of the things she'd said. This, in turn, made her wonder if she'd hit slightly off target, but she had no way of knowing exactly what she'd missed without some sign from the Lilium. And upon his next words, he seemed disinclined to entertain her unspoken thoughts. Well, that was the male's prerogative. Kol would believe what she believed until otherwise proven wrong.

Seeing as how the male went on to a different path in the same topic, Kol merely listened to what he had to say. As he spoke, she pulled her haunches beneath her, choosing a much more comfortable position for what was becoming a very meaningful conversation. The Stormbringer's bright eyes looked to the ground as she absorbed her leader's words. He was absolutely correct about everything, and even Kol knew there would come a day for her to face her own inner demon head on, a day when it would rise into its full power and shake the slumber from its darkness. She had no idea how she would cope when it happened, but she was determined not to tread the same road as her grandfather and his sister. Fight it or embrace it, the demon inside her would at the very least not take her sanity. "You make a very good point, Haku."

His questions brought to mind the well-known life story of Kol's cousin, Rain. Rain had fallen in love with Fly, an older male of the Agaric line, a male who was tainted with the possession of a demonic spirit named Bloodbane. Though that entity was an intelligent, sentient soul and was far different from the unnamed darkness within the Stormbringers and seemingly Haku, it was pertinent to Haku's question. Bloodbane had often "awakened" and taken possession of Fly's body in order to wreak bloody havoc on the world. He'd raped and murdered Rain herself, which had led to Fly's suicide. What could you really do when demons like that overpowered your will? "I don't have an answer for that. However, if it's happening to you and you don't want to give in to it, there are measures to take to confine yourself while you sleep. If you don't care, or on the other hand enjoy it, then there's no reason to keep that circumstance at bay."

Her violet eyes grew suddenly hard and resolute as she continued. "But if anyone under the possession of a "demon" such as that ever threatened a member of Dahlia, just know that I for one wouldn't hesistate to interfere. No matter who the possessed body belonged to." A warning? Perhaps. Though the statement was meant more as reassurance than anything else. Kol wasn't certain Haku was referring to something that was already happening, or to something he felt may happen in the future. As far as she was concerned, as long as Dahlia stayed safe, that demon could rampage to its black heart's content. She only hoped Haku would second her protective feelings, and that he would do all he could to keep Dahlia safe in the event that the blind demon was someone like him or herself. Kol could only hope Haku wouldn't take her statement as an admission of doubt in her leader, but rather as confirmation that she understood the risks of following someone like him, and was willing to deal with any consequences, much as the possibility of killing a possessed pack member may kill her inside.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
500+ <3! Im rambling

Oh, but he did enjoy it. So very much. Although he hated his body being used without his full knowledge, it was magical to wake up and know he was a killer. It had gone way too far. Haku had been infected since he was less than half a year old. Colibri had had a proper reason when she had swung the dagger and given him the worst scar on his body. The long mark across his chest had taken extraordinary long time to heal, and the male believed he knew why. With the black dagger Colibri Soul had tried to end her son's life. She had told the brown male that she loved him right before she had grabbed after the dagger. His mother was not stupid, and she had put pieces together and forged an understanding while the son had gone around on his rampage, believing it was all him and a twist of insanity. The dagger had been taken from a dead human body, a man that had stabbed it through his own heart. On the same body, his mother had found a necklace. It had been pretty, so she had meant it would serve well as a gift to her little son. Maybe that was where it all had started

The Lilium had always heard voices whispering when no one was there. Sometimes he saw crimson mists emerge before his vision turned black and his ears deaf, nostrils filled with the sickly sweet scent of blood. he saw things others did not see. He saw moving shapes, dark shadows that cooed for him to follow. They lulled him to sleep, they kissed him awake, his mental prison was his sanctuary, and he believed he was immortal. He had never questioned it in the earlier days because this was what was normal in his eyes. He had never felt different. Once he had been pure and untainted, but that was before his cognitive development had enabled the ability to remember. He had been too small, and afterwards, the poison had spread and made him into what he was. Not a complete psychopath, but with enough traits to be declared as one by most.

His lips twitched as she said what seemed to be a warning (or even a threat!). Had he been wrong? Was she just like the rest of them? No, he did not want to believe so. He wanted her to remain a possible ally. He forced his lips together, determined not to let his fangs flash at her. Strange, he was not usually one that took critics and threats to heart. Did he frighten her? Quickly, all too quickly, it seemed like Kol was to find out more about the chocolate coated male than anyone else in the pack. He had not even told Firefly about this. "Sometimes I wake up without any memory of falling asleep. Almost like a blackout. There is blood all over me, on my body, in my mouth, on my hands." His voice was hushed down to a eerie whisper. It was a dangerous confession. It was always far away from Dahlia. He would never hurt them, Never! Not unless they all turned away from him and threw him out. If that ever happened, Haku would be free to create his final masterpiece. There would be rivers of blood, corpses torn to pieces.

He was sick, and he knew it. He should not have such thoughts, should not dream of bathing in crimson. He had never touched this subject with anyone else, not even with Firefly, his own mate. Was that why his head was filling up with such thoughts? His baby blue eyes looked up at her. How far would her support go? Was she afraid of the dark?

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

=X

In Character

His eyes were captivating. Those blue pools swirled with so many mysteries. Kol's violet gaze held the oceanic stare of her Lilium, shrouded and guarded though they may be. They seemed to be searching for something, looking through to the Circee's very soul for some unknown answer. Feeling oddly calm when she felt those eyes should be sending chills of fear down her spine, she masked nothing and let him search. The male had always intrigued the Stormbringer, and with this night's conversation, he'd somehow managed to turn her into an open book in his eyes. She'd hide nothing from the chocolate male.

Kol tilted her head as Haku spoke once more, narrowing her amethyst eyes as she rolled his statement over in her mind. She doubted anyone else in Dahlia de Mai knew what he was telling her at that very moment. If they did, she'd be highly surprised, given that Haku was indeed still second-in-command of the pack. It was highly unlikely that would remain to be should anyone else get wind of what he was saying. "That's...disturbing, to say the very least. But I'm assuming nothing's ever happened inside the borders, or someone would have found out and I doubt you'd still be hanging around. I think what makes me the most uneasy about that is losing control of your own body. It's one thing to knowingly wreak havoc and make a conscious decision, it's a completely different thing to be a puppet."

The girl's gaze never wavered as she spoke. Her first concern was whether anyone else knew about what was going on with Haku's blackouts. She had faith that his unconscious will was strong enough to avoid ever hurting a member of their own pack, but she doubted some other members shared her opinion. She'd seen the way their eyes lingered on him when they believed no one would notice, seen the doubt and caution in their stares when they settled on the Lilium. If no one had uncovered his secret yet, perhaps they never would. But every blackout was a risk of discovery for the male, and Kol felt it was her duty to help him in any way possible. "Haku...who else knows about this? You know what would happen if the rest of Dahlia found out. Does anyone outside of the pack know as well? Anyone who might have seen anything?" Her tone was deadly serious now. the Lilium's actions could well put both himself and the rest of the pack in danger, should a vengeful soul raise the alarm and desire justice for any wrongs done.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
300+

The man's mask had been taken off, and he was revealing his dangerous secret to a woman he had not seen in months. Yet, right there and then he felt closer to her than anyone else. It was a dangerous move, but he had taken a chance and he would just have to trust Kol was the character he hoped she would be. The male finally sat down (because his roleplayer can't remember if she made him sit down earlier), realizing that what he had thought would be a quick hello and goodbye had turned into something deeper and much more serious than he could ever have imagined. Haku never confided in anyone, and trusted so few that they barely counted one or two fingers. He saw some change in her, but she never ceased to surprise him. She did not withdraw, and what he saw in her eyes was a friend and companion. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth while their eyes stayed on each other.

She said she found it disturbing, but she didn't back away. He was both a murderer and a monster's puppet, but there was a possibility he would have done something similar anyway. Maybe it was his own sort of therapy, a way to deal with things. He had played nice for so long, while the pressure within him grew, so maybe it happened so that he could go on without turning into something permanently nasty. As far as he knew, nothing bad had happened inside the pack lands. "Always far from Dahlia, always alone. You are the first person I've told this to, not even my mate knows." This should remain their little secret. He could not answer better than that. Every time he woke up he was all alone. The day he had met Tayui, he had had time to clean off the blood and get rid of the worst dirt. He had not been figured out by anyone yet as far as he knew.

"I don't think anyone knows, but of course I can't know that for certain." He hesitated slightly before adding; "I've never found out who's blood it is either."

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

I r slow. And this sucks, because for some odd reason it's incredibly busy today and I keep getting interrupted. D:

In Character

The girl's vivid violet eyes remained focused as her leader answered her questions. She nodded and breathed a sigh of relief as he explained that no harm had come to Dahlia yet, and no one else knew about the incidents. "Then I think we agree no one else should know about this. You can trust that I'll guard your secret, and do everything I can to help you, should your 'demon' grow careless." Kol had a bit of experience in cleaning things up after her brother would randomly decide to go hunting Dawnrunners in the neutral lands between their packs. He'd whittle away at their numbers slowly, and thankfully there'd never been enough solid evidence to spark a war between the long-time enemies. Of course, that had all changed shortly after, but it wasn't because of the Stormbringers.

Haku answered her final question to the best of his knowledge, and she nodded solemly. "Well all we can do is hope that no one does find out or see anything. And maybe it's a good thing we don't know whose blood it's been. And as much as I hate to say it, I think we really need to hope that this daughter of yours doesn't find out about this. I can't imagine she'd be too much on your side after your history with her." Kol felt sorry for the nameless girl, but at the same time, she knew many who'd been through the same or worse. Life threw as much heartache at you as it possibly could, it was up to you whether to give in and break or stand and fight back. The Stormbringer had no respect for those who simply rolled over and played the pity game. Shit happened. Learn from it, get the fuck over it and move on.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]
300+

She told him that he could trust her, but he was aware of that already. He had revealed his horrible secrets and given her a glimpse of what hid behind his well used mask. He was intrigued by her reaction, and already saw a strong alliance building up between them. These were wolves worth having in a pack. Unconditional loyalty and courage. He would do his best not to let her down. Not ever. Haku was sick, but not sick enough to put his beloved pack in danger. Not yet at least. He could only hope that those who had lost their lives by the demon's hands had not been of much importance to any other pack. He was quite sure these blackouts were spent well, and that the killings (if his suspicions were right, and they usually were) had been pure pleasure. He regretted the demon did not let him be a part of it, but maybe it was to protect him. Haku was not free, but a chained down beast. His pack and its members were the chain holding him down, and the demon was on its own, pushed away by the owner of the body. Most of the time, anyways. It was quick to wake up and watch whenever his hackles rose, and it had happened a lot lately.

He gave a short and light sigh when Kol mentioned his daughter again. He wished she had never been born. He wished he had left her to die by her mother's cold body. " Colibri Haki needs to grow up and leave her childhood behind. Right now I see nothing but a pathetic little girl with an adult's body. I accept that I did something very wrong and for that, I take the blame. However, she cannot hold me responsible for the quality of her pathetic life. The only person that can rid her of her own misery is herself, but she seems to not want to let go of what happened to her, and therefore everyone around her will hear it as well." His voice died, and he realized he had strayed from the main topic. "She won't know, no one will know. This is between you and me, not as leader and servant, but something more. I trust you, Kol. You should consider that a honor, because I am not a man who allows people to see what I am. You do, you're the only one who knows what I am." And that truth was safe with her.

[/html]