[J]ust sit back relax, Sit back
1. Character Name: Husk Erumm
2. Character Birthdate (including year): July 17
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Gender: Male
5. Your e-mail: hadowlycanart@yahoo.com">shadowlycanart@yahoo.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): I don't have one ;-;
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I previously played Vexx from Esper Hollow, but I dropped him and left for a while BUT NOW I'M BACK Big GrinDD

Round two on finding a place to stay. The weather got colder since he met that one eyed guy back in the previous territory. Husk had no idea what had crawled up his ass and made him so angry, but it was in the past now. All he needed was to find a new home to chill in. The snow was slowing him down, and it wasn't about to get any better for him. His eye started to dry out faster because of the cold weather as well. He had to cover his eye with his hand constantly. He also was wearing the only articles of clothing he had, which were his beaten up shorts and shirt. His thick fur allowed him stay stay warmer, but it wasn't too much.

He had to rest again, his eye was killing him despite being protected. He couldn't pour water over it or it would freeze. He climbed up the nearest tree, hoping he could ride out the snow and storm.
[html]

hello there

A wintry storm could put any wolf off track. The closer and closer she grew to the trail that would lead her to resolving all conflicts, something drew her away. Paws dipped into the new snow, bring her towards the boarders. On the edge of the territory there had been something strange on the wind. Keen to the shifts of the air, and the scents that rode it, Anu couldn’t help but find its origin. Patroling hadn’t been on her list of to-dos, but it seemed like the only option if she was to find the owner of the strange smell.

She walked until it was overpowering, so much so that the snow that fell around her was laced with the fragrance. Blue eyes looked up, to find a shadow in one of the many trees that dotted the landscape. Anu enjoyed the seat a tree could provide, but felt it was no place to sit while the snow fell. Retreating under a pine would have been a better tactic, if he was so keen on sticking to trees.

Hello? Her voice shouted. He most likely had been put off track with the snow mix falling around them. Just as she had.

[/html]
HELLOZ :B

Husk had the advantage of being able to sleep with his eyes open, since he had no eyelids in the first place. However, because of that, he kind of had no choice in the matter anyway. He just sat in the tree, seemingly spacing out at the horizon, or what he could see of it. His rest was interrupted by a voice of sorts, most likely a female. He looked down to a pair of bright blue eyes. "Hello." He mumbled quietly, with his hand still over his eye.

He was cold and didn't necessarily feel like having a chat in the middle of the storm that was going on. "You don't happen to know where I could find a warm dry place? My eye is gonna dry out and....I'd like to keep it." He shivered in his thin clothing, clinging to his face. Alone, he tended to scare people, since he can't blink, which intimidates plenty of people. He's also quite a big guy, so it makes him look mean and scary to the faint of heart and tiny children. He liked the children though. When they weren't crying and running in terror.
[html]

short, but i wanted to reply b4 going back to work!

Anu looked upward, though the night’s darkness and the haze of the falling snow. A voice drifted downward, and she was instantly concerned and confused. Are you hurt? It sure seemed like he was, as he kept his hand covering part of his face. And even if he was, she couldn't help but feel intimidated by his size and position up in the tree. She knew better then to let just any beast deep into the pack’s territory, but if he was hurt then it was only right to bring him to the mansion. We have a house. If the male could scale the tree, Anu was sure that he could get down. Though she would help him if he needed it.

[/html]
'Sokays :3

He looked down upon her. "Well...not exactly. You could say I have a..." It pained him to say it. "Handicap." He didn't like being looked down upon as a gimpy character, or an injured one at that. He liked to feel like he was useful and it didn't matter whether he was missing practically half his face or not. The white mask protected most of it anyway. He heard her say they had a house. She mentioned "we" as well. Who was "we"? Husk definitely was interested now. "Who's 'we'?" he called down suspiciously from the tree. He had to assume it was a pack, but you could never be too sure.
[html]

She squinted against they eye invading snow. It fell against her blinking eyes as she looked upward. He seemed to be a cat stuck in a tree, so sure as he climbed it, but then unsure when faced with the prospect of climbing down. Anu extinguished the thought quickly, knowing instinctively that he was only trying to protect himself, with his handicap and all. This is Crimson Dreams territory. And it includes that tree. She gave a soft smile, knowing that claiming a single tree was a little foolish, but if any beast was to get clingy to an oak, it would be Anu.

Taking a step backwards so that her neck didn't need to be so strained she took another good look at him.I'm Anu a Colonel here. Rarely did she ever use her rank, feeling better just to be equal with whomever she spoke with rather then a superior or subordinate. Still she was the third ranking wolf of their pack, and she felt it was her responsibility to keep everyone safe, as well as strangers just visiting.

[/html]
Husk sat for a while, contemplating on whether to trust Anu. She seemed honest and she'd probably be someone who wouldn't go against her word. He decided to go. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to go anyways, right? He looked at her with his hand removed from his eye, for a short time. "Fine. I need the rest anyway. You guys don't have a cook with you, do ya? I'm starving." He began his decent down the tree. Sliding down with ease, he turned a tired and hopeful face back to Anu. "By the way, you don't happen to have a spare piece of cloth on you, do you? I gotta cover my eye woth something, and my arm'll get kind of tired."
[html]

It seemed like it was his only option, going with her. He didn’t seem to have anyone else, at least at the moment, he could rely on or go to. Anu watched as he climbed from the tree, waiting for him to gather himself before responding. She felt for him, that his face was in such a state that he needed to cover it. She shook her head slowly, Sorry, I don’t. But we’re not far. Anu turned, facing the direction the mansion was in. If he was going to expose his ‘handicap’ she didn’t want to be staring. She had never been one for wounds, she was no healer.

No cook, but there’s food around. Anu assured him. She might be able to whip him something her self, but passed making the fire she was in the dark. Still it couldn’t be to hard. Whats your name? peeking behind her she asked.

Her steps still urgent and swift they brought them to the mansion that came into view just as she knew it would.

[/html]
"That's fine." He replied back a monotone. He was kinda partial, but she did say that they weren't too far from their mansion. She still seemed sad for some reason. She was probably pitying him in her mind. Sad. Everyone did that, and it pissed him off nowadays. He can still do most things, except for sleeping with his eyes closed, but he considered that more of an advantage rather than a handicap.

No cook? That was a shame for sure. "Oh, well. I guess I'll have to cook the food by myself." He knew how to cook, from being on his own for a while, and he deemed it really good. He had messed with some herbs and spices from the area so he knew what he was doing. He also like guns. He had picked one up from an abandoned city. It was old though, so he made his own adjustments to it. However after a while it broke down so he had to dump it. He was pretty sure that the mansion had some spare part in it he could use. He had just forgotten, however, that she had just asked his name. "Oh I'm sorry, my name's Husk. Husk Erumm. And this must be the mansion you were speaking of." He looked up at the structure, impressive by his standards. His standards weren't very high though, but this'll do nicely.
[html]

They walked to the stairs, and Anu looked behind her, a smile crossing her face. This is it. Husk, the name was interesting. She gave turned again to take the handle of the great door, pulling to open it. The mansion stood open before them, and the fey moved quickly to the kitchen. In an instant she had a rag for him, keeping her eyes from his she handed it to him while she turned again to find another article for him.

Returning with a blanket for his shoulders, You might get sick. If there was one thing Anu was still good at, it was being the mother. Now that she had welcomed him into her home, she needed to start her interrogation. Moving to the kitchen she spoke, Now where are you from? And what brings you here? The questions filtered through the room as she looked on the counters for something that he could eat.

[/html]
He looked up at the celing. It was still in one piece, for one. He expected many buildings now to be a little run down. Wow... He really had no words. In a flash she pulled a rag out in his face. Oh, thank you. She then gave him a blanket as well, noting that he would become sick if he didn't warm up. Husk took that as well, wrapping it around his large shoulders. He then tied the rag around the mask and his exposed eye, tying it tight so it wouldn't fall off.

He followed her into the kitchen, whilst looking around for food to eat. Well, I'm from pretty far north. I'm used to the snow, but I don't have much clothing with me as it is. I...left my family. For personal reasons, you could say. He sat down on a chair at what looked like some sort of bar. I've been on my own for a while, but I've been looking for a place to stay and chill as home. He laid his head on the counter. He couldn't close his eyes though, which didn't help much.
[html]

Anu had once felt the same way she was sure Husk did. The large house was something she had never seen herself living in, or even around. Now it was just another piece of her life, it took a newcomer to show her how lucky the pack was to have it. Anu listed as she searched, bringing her eyes back to his face when he spoke. Nodding softly she spoke,Well, this is Haven Manor. Anu continued her search, opening cabinets until she finally found the dried meat that she had known they kept.

Handing it to him she watched, noting that way he spoke. He was casual, feeling comfortable instantly even if he wasn't in the depths of claimed land. Of course, she would have never been able to be so calm. Our ranks are open to newcomers. He seemed interested in staying, but he was still more nonchalant then she was used to. But. She paused to check a drawer that might have had something interesting. This isn’t just a place to hang out, everyone here pulls their own weight., looking back at him with a questioning gaze.

[/html]
[html]

BOO!! and lol this post sounds like Charlie Crews from "Life" narrated it. XD

Haven Manor. Husk liked the name of it. It was a good name. He liked names. Good ones too. He looked at the meat Anu had in her hand. It looked dry and icky. He hoped she at least was going to cook it. He looked away fro it, just staring made it look disgusting. She then put it his hand. He looked at it, a diguised frown on his face. "I'm gonna cook this first." He slid off the chair at the counter and moved to the stove. He got out a pan and put the meat in it. "I hope you don't mind? I tend to like cooked things."

She mentioned that this wasn't just a "hang out place. Everyone here did something. "I know what you're saying. You want to know what I could do as a job." He smiled and laughed. "I knew that was coming. For one I can cook." He notioned to him with the stove on and the meat cooking in the pan. "I read some spare books I found at a ruined city I believe was called "Montreal" I also played with some guns and firearms, but i don't think there are any parts here." He watched the meat continue to bubble on the old stove.

[/html]
[html]

Easing her search as he walked to the cooking fire and starting the embers and setting the meat above it, Anu realized how at ease he truly was. Instead of trying to make him feel welcome she leaned against the counter crossing lean arms against her chest, eyes always watching. A smile drifted to her face, and she listened with interest. Checking off the positive qualities as he spoke. They needed a cook, though she knew Nani cooked well enough. They could still use one though, there were so many other things their leader could be doing instead of slaving over the stove. Reading was good, though many other pack already knew how to. Anu was lacking in the talent, but she had yet to find it a handicap.

Firearms. The idea was foreign but there were other questions that had to come first. What of your face? it was strait forward, but it was something she needed to know about. He looked like a fighter, and the scars were certainly proof of it. Though she didn’t always mean to be so abrupt, I mean, do you have a short temper? it was more polite question, even if still blunt. To pass her, she would have to trust him and know that he wouldn’t cause the pack any trouble.

[/html]
[html]

He flicked his ears towards her, without turning his head. He didn't mind her being blunt, as he was himself. However, she seemed ashamed. he definitely wouldn't be. Husk was as confedint as can be. He spoke casually still, hoping to ease her self-awareness. "Don't worry about being too blunt. If anything, I'm porbably a worse case. Anyway, my face is no big deal. Even though I'm missing my top jaw, my eyelids, and half the skin on there, I seem to not mind it. I can sleep with my eyes open now." He forced his laugh a little, knowing that, still, the reminder on his face was pretty grim at sight. He continued. "I got into a fight, but I didn't start it. My best....former best friend thought I had betrayed him...somehow.... and he turned on me. Poured some kind of acid he found on my face. It burned really bad, but at least it didn't kill me. I don't necessarily have a short temper, but I don't really like talking too much anymore. I get tired of the pitying stares." He tossed some spices and tenderizer into the pan, to sizzle out the silence.

[/html]
[html]

I’m going to have Erin bring Savina in soon…

She was sure that he had been questioned about it all in the past. Anu just stood against the counter, taking in the story and hoping to read the undertone. All of the key notes overshadowed that fact that he was truly missing half a face. But it explained the mask, which was certainly odd, as well as the eye situation. Though it was the somehow that brought on more questions, though she kept her tongue still until he was finished.

He would get questions, being the new kid with all the problems. The pups would be curious and she could bet that Mati would have to ask about it or die trying no to. He would get the stares, as she had given them. It was something he would have to deal with, and not having a short temper would help with all that. Anu even had a hard time not pitying him as he spoke. “You might not get all the silence your looking for around here. We have four talkative pup running around.” Pausing Anu took in the scent of the cooking meat, ”Though, for some reason I don’t see you having much of a problem with all that.” He might just scare their mouths shut.

And it certainly smells like you can cook.

[/html]
[html]

That's fine Big Grin

He swirled the meat around the pan for it to absorb more of the spices and flavor. He used the tip of his long claws to flip the meat over to get it all cooked. "Are you kidding? I love kids! They seem to love me too. I guess it's just my handsome charm." He laughed at his own joke, trying to make it seem kinda funny. He flipped the meat over again. "D'you mind tossing me that juice over there, please?" He pointed towards the counter she was leaning on, with the bottle of some marinade.

He continued on as he spoke. "You're correct though, I don't mind kids at all. I used to have to babysit my little brother. I loved him. He was the cutest thing. He was a social butterfly that one." he looked down at the food and sighed. "I'm sure all these pups around here'll remind me of him, but that's okay." he smiled at her compliment on his cooking. "Thanks. Would you like some too?"

[/html]
[html]
I don't know when we'd want to date this (maybe to some of the more current posts?), but it can't be the 17th. Savina had a lot going on that day XD

The Lt. General had been upstairs sleeping the day away. She had been incredibly tired for some reason. Usually she didn't spend the entire day inside the mansion (though with the cold she wanted to). The calm and quiet of Kansas' and her room had been heavenly today though. She'd barely even moved from her spot on the bed. The wind had been howling outside the window all day and the snow had been falling heavily from the looks of it. If there was a day to be tired and not go outside, it seemed her body had chosen a good one.

It was the sounds and the smells coming from the lower level of the house that finally roused the raven girl. The scent of meat lingered on the air, but it was more than that. She had no idea what the various smells were per se, but they were tantalizing. Never before had such scents wafted through the mansion so she felt the need to investigate. She nosed open her door and padded down the stairs and into the kitchen which appeared to be the origin. There was Anu and a strange wolf. Quite strange. Savina looked at him puzzled and then to Anu. "What's this then?"

[/html]
[html]

you know i dont care!

Waving the food away Anu smiled. She wasn’t one for cooked meat, never had been, thought it did smell good. Good. It was all she could say before the two turned to three. The onyx fey entered the kitchen, no doubt drawn by the smell of the stove. Her eyes grew bright at the female. Anu hadn’t seen Savina for some time.

This is Husk, he’s looking for a place to stay. Unsure how to explain all of the extraneous details that lingered throughout the room. The mere figure of the male was something that needed explaining, though Anu wasn’t the best at answers, only questions.

She shot the other female a smile, He can cook.

[/html]
[html]

:OOOO DELICIOSO

He looked at Anu, still waiting for that marinade, and another female entered the room. He wasn't sure exactly who she was, but she seemed to have a powerful presence with her as she walked into the kitchen. His smile ceased and he just looked at the black wolf. He bowed politely at the new figure when Anu mentioned his name. "Husk Erumm. Yep, that's my name alright."

He decided not to wait for the bottle anymore, and just walked over calmly and picked it up. Walking back over, he poured some of the marinade in the pan, hissing with steam as they made contact with the hot surface. He looked back over at the female, smiling as he continued to tend to his meat. "May I ask what is your name?" He found a plate and tossed the meat onto it. He turned off the stove and cleaned out the pan before sitting down with his dinner.

[/html]