thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Yay for thread! WC: 300+

Deciding to brave the cold temperatures outside once again, Ehno went out that afternoon to gather a bit more lumber for future projects. So far he didn’t have any big plans to put his new-found carpentry skills to use, but he thought it would be best to always be prepared. He could spend his time now honing his skills on smaller projects so that whenever any bigger plans popped up, he would be fully prepared. He was sure that by then he would have obtained a sufficient about of both the resources and experience he would need to tackle a large project. He was quite pleased with all of the progress he had already made thus far.

The Italian boy had spent much of the early afternoon felling one of the trees in the nearby forest. He had underestimated how long it would take to be done with the smaller axe he had scavenged from the city. Despite how handy it would have been to bring the large battle-axe to take it down, he had been better off bringing the smaller one so that he could break the log into smaller, easier to carry pieces. He broke it down into a few long, rough planks and a few more smaller pieces he had fit into his well-worn travel bag, along with some of the bark just in case Naniko found it handy to use; he was almost certain he had seen her keep some in her stash of medical supplies before.

Ehno finally made his way past the small white picket fence around the mansion, one hand carrying his axe and bag, the other awkwardly steadying the longer planks as he carried them over his shoulder. He walked along the small, snow-covered path and came to a halt at the manor’s porch. Dropping his bag on the porch and placing the axe beside it, he carefully moved to put the planks down to that they leaned on the porch railing. With a sigh of relief, he sat himself down on one of the steps. It was a bit of a challenge carrying all of that from out in the forest.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: 300+

Always cold and white, full of snow everywhere. Brooklyn had enjoyed her little game with Haven, but she couldn't keep on pestering him. Beside, there was only so much pretending she enjoyed. It was nice to be an ogre, but sometimes she just wanted to be herself. Exactly what that was was a debatable thing. Not that it occurred to the pup. She had a relatively sedate life, where her only big concerns were to find things to do to cure boredom. It seemed that she would have to brave the cold outside once more and find someone who would spend time with her.

Ehno's scent drifted into the house and the white pup followed it eagerly. She liked Ehno, he was so nice to her. And he could make her some toys to play with! Wagging her tail happily, she trotted outside, wrinkling her nose slightly at the cold. The male was sitting on the porch and Brooklyn felt another pang of desire. She wanted to learn how to shift so badly! It would mean she could be taller than she was now, she could pick things up in her hands, braid her hair (although that was more what Mati did) and just see things from a different perspective. She wanted to be a knight, too, even though Simon did that better. Maybe she could be a prince? That would be so good! She would save everyone and scare away the dragons. Not Haven, though. He was a sweet dragon and wouldn't hurt anyone.

Coming closer to the male, Brooklyn prodded him with her nose, sitting down next to him. She eyed the wood curiously. Was he going to make something today? Would he make her something pretty? Hey, Ehno, what yous doing with that wood? Yous making stuffs? Maybe he'd show her how to do things! That would be really cool.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Ehno stretched his arms out over his head, glad to be able to rest his arms and to be off his feet now. Still stretching, he heard the door behind him open. Barely a moment later he felt something nudge his back, the perpetrator then taking a seat beside him. It was Brooklyn, the pup with a coat as white as her mother Naniko’s. Ehno offered her a warm smile, nudging her playfully in return. “Hey, you,” he said in a quick greeting. He loved spending time with Naniko’s little ones. They always seemed to be full of energy and they were never short on supply of imagination.

The pups were already getting so big. It seemed like they were growing up in no time at all. But even once these little ones grew older, Crimson Dreams would still have its hands full with pups. With both Savina and Garnet expecting, soon they would all be busy keeping an eye on the new bundles of joy. Ehno was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he would soon be an uncle. It was an exciting thought, and it never failed to bring a smile to his face.

His amber gaze flew to the pile of wood beside him for a moment, pondering the girl’s question. “I’m just collecting it right now.” He reached down and pulled a smaller piece from the bag beside him. It was far from smooth and not very workable in its current state, but he knew he could refine it later. The Italian boy held it out in front of Brooklyn for a moment. “What do you think I should make with it?” Maybe the girl would have a few ideas of her own that he could pratice on.
[/html]
[html]

Brooklyn grinned when he nudged her back. She'd grown up to call everyone she knew Uncle and Aunt, with only her moms as the exception. She considered everyone here family and liked the net of protection around her and her siblings. It would be great to have other pups to play with, but the adults spent time with her, so there was really no room for complaint. Brooklyn wanted to grow up quicker, though. She wanted to shift and learn how to carry things, like Ehno did. She sometimes saw Naniko taking care of the wolves in the pack, but she didn't know exactly what her mum did. It looked like fun, though and if there was anything that the white pup liked it was fun.

She cocked her head to the side. Collecting? Why did he need to collect that much wood? Was there a really big snow coming and they had to keep warm? Brooklyn thought that if it got really cold, she could just curl up with her brothers and sister, like they apparently used to do when they were smaller. She couldn't remember that much of it. Why do yous needs to collect the wood, Ehno? Is there a big storm? Is it going to be cold? She didn't want any more cold! Spring needed to come to Crimson Dreams soon. Otherwise she'd have to hunt it down and bring it there.

Her attention was inadvertently distracted when he asked her about her opinion. Can yous makes toys? She wagged her tail at the thought. I wants a rocking horse! Or, or, a sword! Or beads! They were all silly things, she knew that. But she wanted to see just how good Ehno was. Looking up at him intently, Brooklyn couldn't stand still with excitement.

[/html]
[html]
He leaned to the side against the railing, regarding her silently as her curious questions came one right after another. Fumbling with the piece of wood still in his hands, he contemplated her words. “Oh, no nothing like that. I’m just gathering some up so I’ll have it for whenever I need it. It's always good to be prepared.” As an after thought he added, “I don’t think there will be a storm anytime soon, though. It looks like it’ll get warmer.” Ehno had to agree with the white pup; he was tired of winter as well. He preferred the warmer climates much more than the cold ones this region seemed to be haunted by. But any other thoughts he had on the subject were pushed aside as she fired another question at him.

Toys? Now that would be a fun little project to take on. He smiled at Brooklyn’s excitement as she listed some possible toys he could try to make. “I think I could handle that.” An excited light shone in his eyes as he thought of taking on a little project like that. “Sounds like it could be fun.” He pushed away from the railing, leaning forward for a moment as he placed the piece of wood on the step below. Then he looked back over to the excited girl and said, “Which should I try first? Your choice.” She could be his little helper for this next project, if she was interested.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Delay fail! D: 300+

Prepared? What could possibly happen to require so much wood? Brooklyn looked at it again curiously. Maybe Ehno was going to build a big treehouse for her and her siblings to play in? That would be so much fun! She could already imagine herself playing there all day, exploring every nook and cranny, trying to find the best hiding places and jumping on Mati when she least expected it. When he mentioned the possibility of it actually finally getting to spring, Brooklyn turned around sharply to look at the lands. They were still full of snow, making her ears drop slightly. She had been hoping that through some magic trick it would be spring and she could run through the grass, chasing butterflies. Ehno, can yous make it be spring now? Maybe if they started a fire and burned enough wood the winter would be chased away by the heat and spring would be there by the afternoon. A fun thought to entertain, but nothing more and she knew it.

Brooklyn had never actually thought that adults could be so much fun. Maybe it was because she was still young and therefore it was hard to refuse such a sweet face. Maybe everyone just genuinely liked it. Whatever the case, when Ehno stopped to ask her what she would like, Brooklyn scrunched up her little face in deep thought. A sword was the obvious choice, but she was afraid that Haven might steal it and use his for his whole knight thing. Or Simon. To protect Mati. Brooklyn wanted her own sword, so she could protect everyone she wanted. Beads would be fun, but what she really wanted to do was to have something to play with and beads just seemed so fragile. And girly, too.

A rocking horse! That would be fun. Can I help yous, Ehno? Getting back up on all fours, the white female wagged her tail enthusiastically. The whole plan seemed like so much fun, she couldn't even begin to imagine a better way of spending time with Ehno. She couldn't shift, but it certainly didn't mean she couldn't help around!

[/html]
[html]
I has more delay fail. x.x Sorry, mate. 300+

He couldn’t help but smile at the young girl’s words. If only he did have the power to banish winter and call forth spring at will, the lands would already be enjoying some early warmth. The Marino boy definitely would put such a skill to use all too often, especially after seeing (and experiencing) the long, cold winter months associated with the area. “I’ll try my best, but I can’t make any promises; this winter looks like a stubborn one,” he joked with a wink.

Ehno was happy to see how excited Brooklyn was to take part in a little project with him. Naniko’s children all seemed to be a creative and imaginative bunch. He was a bit surprised to see some of them take a little interest in his new-found hobby, but that was probably the endless curiosity of youth at work. He nodded excitedly at her choice of project and her desire to be involved. She might still be a few weeks shy of shifting to her optime form, but he was sure that he would still be able to find a way for her to help out. “A rocking horse it is, then.” He stood then, giving his muscles one last stretch before turning back to Brooklyn. “What do you say we bring all this in to my workshop and see if we can get started?”

He stuffed the smaller piece of wood into his bag with the rest before nudging it toward the girl. “Think you can carry this in for me?” The pack was neither too large nor to full for her to carry in her current four-legged form. The rest of the materials were too large, leaving it up to Ehno to bring them in. He lifted the stack of larger planks, steadying them on his shoulder to carry before reaching down to grab the small axe in his free hand. Then he made his way up the steps of the porch, pulling the door open for Brooklyn with his axe-wielding hand.
[/html]