And the clouds start to gather;
[html]

Joining! Tis' be Jessica/Alexey. Ho's a Luperci, and he was born on June 3, 2003. He's a wolf. I think that's all the OOC info you need. xD 500 +

The sound of heavy raindrops drumming against nearby cottage roofs and other surrounding buildings had turned into a rather irritating melody. The Québec native normally embraced heaven’s tears but that was when he had some kind of shelter to keep him from getting wet. Right now he was stuck under a pine tree and despite his attempts at keeping dry; he was still getting drenched. Thankfully, the temperature was warm for this time of the year. Winter was making way for the following season and just the thought of it filled his heart with anticipation. Flowers would soon start to bud and fill the atmosphere with an intoxicating aroma; the smell of lilacs was his personal favorite.

Oh, Honoré was a dreamer indeed! It was a side of his personality that he kept well-hidden as a way to protect himself from ridicule. To the outside world, he was a man with a witty sense of humor. Most referred to him as a dramatist, an egocentric individual who believed the world revolved around him. And that reputation satisfied him greatly. He normally kept his sensitive side under control by writing poetry, a therapeutic hobby that helped him cope with whatever problems he was faced with. All of his poems were kept in a worn leather backpack he carried with him at all times along with other necessities. The male simply could not bring himself to part with any of his compositions; one in particular had caught his eye recently when he’d been shuffling through his pile of papers.

Barthélémy. It had been an ode to his dimwit of a brother. Even now, Honoré felt responsible for his sibling’s sudden disappearance. He remembered it vividly: Bart had wanted to find Ueli and bring him home. Honoré hadn’t thought anything of it since it was no secret that his littermate was the biggest wuss ever; never would he have expected him to actually go through with his plan. But he did, and he never came back. Of course, he missed his sisters too but there was no doubt in his mind that they could handle themselves. Bart, on the other hand, was a completely different story. Years had gone by and he still had not found his long lost sibling. Little did he know, that was about to change.

The alabaster male was debating whether he should seek refuge within one of the nearby cottages or not, aware that trespassing onto claimed lands might earn him some nasty cuts and bruises, and he certainly didn’t want that! A silky pelt like his was hard to maintain in such perfect condition; there was no way in hell he’d ever purposely stain it with his own blood. So he simply sat there waiting for someone to find him, wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide him with a shelter for the time being. Honoré closed his eyes and took a deep breath before exhaling shakily. Patience is a virtue, wasn’t that what people normally said?

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
It was raining. Bah, he hated the rain. Back in the days when his skin ran dreadfully close to his ribs, the rain had been plenty to get the poor, emaciated cyclops shivering and hastening for some sort of shelter. These days, his stomach filled and his muscles strong, Jefferson stood with more confidence, stiffly bracing himself against the wet weather and taking it in stride. The rain was a constant reminder of the days when he'd been weak, when Phoenix Valley was the only thing that kept him alive. He still had Iskata to thank for that. The brute didn't plan to forget.

Knowing that his subleader and underlings were relatively inactive on rainy days and remained sheltered and out of the way, Jefferson took some time to patrol the borders as he often did. He was mildly surprised to actually come across somebody out in the rain, and wasted no time to get such business over with so they both could be spared the downpour. "Hey," the one-eyed brute muttered, creeping up slowly. Surely he was less intimidating... wet. "Any reason you're out in the rain?"

[/html]
[html]

<3 300+

His willingness to endure nature's fierceness paid off quickly. It only took a few minutes of his precious time for someone to show up; Honoré had definitely been lucky thus far. Now to see if good fortune was really on his side. The stranger's voice pierced the rainfall's cacophony, a ray of hope amidst the storm. One of his ears flicked forward followed by the other, resembling two antennas searching for electromagnetic waves. Calmly, the chalky frenchman opened his eyes, revealing two orbs of rusty bronze. They eventually settled on the male standing approximately two yards away from him, intently analyzing the wolf who had the potential of becoming a future ally.

Whoever this fellow was, he sure looked like he'd gone to hell and back. Honoré was a little taken a back by the cicatrice that cut right through the man's left eye but he did not show it. His facial expression was amicable but not overly so. While somewhat wary, the five-year-old male felt like he could allow himself to relax and trust the stranger to a certain extent. Perhaps it was the authoritative aura around him. "Allo," he replied, politely returning his interlocutor's greeting. If that one word wasn't enough to give away his french origins, then the following sentence certainly would. "I've got nowhere to go." His accent was heavy but his grammar was almost perfect. Honoré not only wrote poetry in french, but in english too. His hobby had helped him gain quite a lot of knowledge when it came to linguistics.

Admitting to not having a place to stay was almost torture. His ego was badly wounded but it would undoubtedly heal with time. Accepting the fact that he was currently vulnerable was one of the sacrifices he'd have to make if he wanted to receive the help he needed. But damn, it sure wasn't easy.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
When the stranger spoke, Jefferson very easily picked up on the accent contained within his words. He guessed it as French, considering there seemed to be a lot of francophone folk running about at that time anyway. His reply was a somewhat strange one, to the point but hardly giving Jefferson anything to work from. Perhaps it was because the stranger was uncomfortable or unfamiliar with English--or he could have been second thinking his reasons for being there, especially after laying eyes on the scarred up cyclops. He'd tried to hide a reaction, but the Patriarch had seen it. "Uhh, that sucks," the leader shrugged. "So... then I suppose you're here hoping to stay." His green eye affixed on the white male. He wasn't about to offer. The cyclops straightened somewhat, sparing a momentary stray glance at the raining, overcast clouds. "I'm Jefferson. I tell people what to do." Sarcasm.

[/html]
[html]

300+

There was a reason why he did not ask permission to stay right away. It was a combination of many things. First of all, his pride had gotten in the way as always, then came the fact that he really wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He hadn't thought about settling down and joining a pack until now. He had lived as an itinerant for the last year and a half if not more; time lines were a little blurred in his head. He'd been trying to find Barthélémy for so long now that he really didn't know if he could just stop his research.

Pack life was so nothing but a memory. Would he make a good subordinate? Perhaps. He could listen to orders like everyone else, even if he didn't like the idea of having someone surpassing him in hierarchy. It wasn't because he was a dominant male or anything, the alabaster lupine simply didn't want to see another pack crumble before his eyes. Caution was the only thing steering him away from making the right decision, that was until the one-eyed male introduced himself. Ah, so he was the leader? That would explain his confident demeanor.

"Nice job you have, eh?" he countered, referring to Jefferson's sarcastic comment. He liked his new acquaintance's overall attitude, there was something incredibly intriguing about him. And no, it had nothing to do with him being a cyclops or a gimp. "Maybe I can stay for a little while? I'm on a mission to find my brother and two sisters. Have not seen them in a long long time." he explained, hoping the other man would understand how hard it was to lose family. Honoré had never been particularly close to any of them but they were still important to him, all of them.

"I'm no good hunter but I won't get in your way." It was best to let him know that hunting just wasn't his thing right away. He did not give any other skills, aware that writing poetry couldn't get a pack through harsh winters. Would Jefferson turn him away?

[/html]
[html]
He shrugged his shoulders. Phoenix Valley was home to plenty more colorful characters than this stranger, though Jefferson was probably one of the more... prominent of them all, and not because of his rank. The white male struck him as a gentle and easygoing type, even if he wasn't planning on staying too long, and Jefferson was fine with that. "I'm not worried about that," he said simply, nodding his head. "Hard to tell my subleader there's another member here if I don't know your name, though."

[/html]
[html]

Honoré hadn't noticed how tense he really was until the Patriarch's next comment finally delivered him from the unfounded doubts plaguing his mind. As relief washed over him, the vagabond slumped heavily against the tree trunk he'd been leaning on. He suddenly felt as light as a feather, almost content for the first time in a very long while. All these emotions swirling around in his head were a little hard to understand. Perhaps they stemmed from all the time he'd spent travelling by himself. Whether he chose to admit it or not, loneliness had taken it's toll on him.

Jefferson did not seem to mind the idea of him sticking around, but no official verdict had been given. All he'd said was that he wasn't worried about Honoré's inferior hunting skills, which was a good thing. But could he stay? The Quebec native avoided being the blabbermouth he normally was, just until he was absolutely positive Jefferson wouldn't mind having him as a member of his pack. The scarred male had already referred to him as a member though. So what did that mean? Oh, the confusion! He wasn't normally this insecure but this was a chance that he couldn't afford to blow.

"Honoré Bélanger, at your service." An introduction was long overdue, better late than never! A grateful smile crossed his lips followed by an appreciative nod that almost resembled a reverence. The snowy-colored male then stood up eagerly, hugging the leather backpack containing his most prized possessions tightly against his chest. "So I can stay, yah?" he asked, hoping to get a confirmation out of the man he'd known a little over five minutes.

[/html]
[html]
He was definitely eager, that enough was true. Jefferson had his own ghosts and stories to trail and hunt down himself and a missing mother to find; he could emphasize with the white stranger, and judging by the character's upbeat personality and inner anxieties the one-eyed male was picking up on, he hardly had anywhere else to go. Phoenix Valley was still small, and though Jefferson preferred it as such, he wasn't about to turn down someone perfectly normal. He nodded his head patiently and shrugged. "Yeah, sure; you can be a Loas for now. If you decide to stick around, well, you'll move up in the world then." He looked up at the rain briefly, then turned on his heels and began to stride away. "Now let's get out of this goddamn rain, already."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.