People are strange
[html]
Alexey
Word Count: 358

Two white hands flipped deftly through the pages of the book, discarding it by putting it on top of the others. One big heap was at her left side, and another at her right. The right ones were the discarded ones, and the pile was growing. The white femme was growing impatient, after all, how hard could it be to find out what material is used for the strings in a piano? Sure, it was some sort of metal or something, but wasn't there anything alternatice? There had to be alternatives, yeah? The books she had taken from the library, with Lubomir's leave of course (not that he'd deny her them anyways) were not handled carelessly by the femme, but as time went by and no answer was found she grew increasingly irritated, and some of the smaller books who could withstand the treatment was flung in the direction of the pile, instead of carefully placed there. It was good for her that Lubomir did not see this, as he would most likely have become angry at her, after all he had gone through a lot to make sure the library and its contents were usable.

Another book was thrown into the pile as Mew swore under her breath, and got up to take a few steps around and relax a little. She wasn't angry so much these days, partly because of a certain grey male, although the challenge she had brought upon herself this time was not fun anymore. Her two legs started moving, and Mew wandered slowly around the area - it looked like it could have been some sort of outdoors recreation place, at least there were stone benches and tables around everywhere. Wooden ones would have been unusable by now, but luckily stone lasted longer than that. After a stroll of maybe the quarter of an hour, Mew halted, again facing the piles of books on the stone table in front of her. Sighing, with great effort, Mew lifted her tail and seated herself on the cold bench, and started sorting again. At least it didn't rain, that would have really ruined her day.

Sexy table made by Kristinababe!
[/html]
[html]

300+
Alexey had never been especially fond of human artifacts. Although there were no particular reasons for her to feel that way, it was a feeling that she simply could not rid herself of. Even she could not explain why she felt wary of most things invented by those hairless apes. While she had no problem admitting that some antiquities were indeed useful, the Dahlian girl was stubborn enough to keep away from them. Did that make her a hypocrite? After all, she too was walking on two legs now. Just like them. Two months ago, Lexey had been a normal wolf dotted with a very conventional lifestyle; never had she complained about such a thing because it suited her just fine.
Everything was different now. She could shift and do the same things they did. It was a scary thought, really. Luperci were essentially a hairier version of humans. Would they also destroy each other just like mankind had done? Maybe all of her apprehension stemmed from her undeniable fear of change, it made sense. Despite all of her caution, she’d been glued to Wolfville like a magnet. Well, that was when she wasn’t too busy scavenging nearby territories for Emwe and Conor. This was the first time she had allowed herself to take a break since their disappearance. And even now, she kept her eyes wide open for clues that might lead to answers.
Noise inside one of the olden shops picked her curiosity. Alexey moved a little closer to the door, getting up on the tip of her toes to peek at whoever was making this ruckus. Mew was easily recognizable; the irritated look on her face was what puzzled Lexey the most. She hesitated for a moment before opening the door, taking into consideration that perhaps the Ilex did not want to be bothered. Oh well. If that was the case, hopefully Mew would be honest enough to let her know. The Koios girl was by Mew’s side within seconds, peering over her pack mate’s shoulder to see if the book she held in her hands contained any pictures that could clue her in on what it was Mew was looking for. “What’cha doing?”

[/html]
[html]
"snuck" is not a word? My spellchecker hates it, apparently. Perhaps it is snuck in british english, but sneaked in American?
Word Count: 319

Mew jumped, tossing the book in a random direction, when a voice sounded by the door behind her. Ah! The sound clearly gave away that she was startled, but if she hadn't uttered a sound it would still be apparent by the flying book. It landed with a thump to her left, but Mew had already spun around to look at whoever it was that had snuck up on her. Relieved in a second she saw the curious form of Alexey, a femme who had come back from some absence, and whom Mew had met one-on-one only once. However, she'd been so occupied at the time, she'd been afraid it was Lubomir, and had he seen how she treated the books he would probably be very irritated with her. It seemed, however, that it was "only" Alexey, and Mew took one hand to her chest as she breathed loudly, once or twice, communicating her relief and startled state. It was by instinct, and not intentionally, she did these movements.

Oh, Alexey, I didn't hear you at all, completely in my own world. Turning again, halfway, to be able to turn her head to look at the book, but also have Alexey at the right angle so her head could be turned to her as well, without having to turn fully around for either, Mew gestured vaguely as she spoke. She was calmer now, although her heart still beat fast. It would likely ease in not long. I'm trying to find a book which tells me how to repair strings on an instrument I've found... I'm trying to make it work properly. Picking up a book, her hands deftly flipped through all the pages in one movement, before she closed it again and tossed it - gently now, instead of angry as before - to land on the table. .. but none of them will give me my answer, I'm afraid.

[/html]
[html]
I went ahead and looked it up. Dictionary.com says you can use both snuck and sneaked. “Snuck” sounds better though, in my opinion. xD

Mew’s scream paired with the unexpected book flinging was enough to scare the hell out of the caregiver, who responded with a shriek of her own. Alexey almost instantly slapped a hand over her mouth, absolutely mortified with how loudly she had reacted. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have crept up on you like that,” she explained weakly, suddenly feeling a little guilty for disturbing and scaring the Ilex at the same time. She offered a smile before moving over to the book Mew had tossed across the room in her frenzied state. Picking it up, Alexey examined the cover page with obvious interest before walking over to the table and putting the book on top of the pile.
“This instrument? What’s it called?” she inquired, pointing to the piano picture on the hardcover. She did not know what it was called or what kind of sound it made. To be honest, she didn’t know much of anything when it came to music or instruments. Alexey stared at the picture for a moment, confusion ever so present in her honey-hued eyes. The older female had mentioned strings and yet, there were none on the image. “Where are the strings?” she asked, turning to the council member for a logical explanation.
This was also one of the reasons why she never bothered with human items; everything was just so darn complicated.

[/html]
[html]
I agree! And yay I was right Tongue
Word Count: 322

Her heart raced, but the hand on her chest and the knowledge of who had caused the sounds quickly helped her calm down. Mew laughed, partly because she was relieved, and partly because of the sound that emitted from Alexey. The woman gave her an apology, and Mew waved it away with her hand, her movement clearly telling Alexey that she was forgiven, although without the usage of words. As she stood there, dumbfounded and quite amused, trying to reach a stable state of mind again, she looked at the other female, who moved into the room and looked around, picking up the book she had flung away and put it on top of one of the piles. As she listened to what Alexey was saying, Mew moved forward to pick up another book, one of those she had thrown there in her irritation only moments before. Glad that the other followed up on the subject seemed to be the instrument instead of asking her about the careless treatment of these books (and of course because of Mew's passions towards it), Mew eagerly took the book from the pile where the other had placed it, and started flipping through the pages. As she looked for an image that would be descriptive enough, Alexey asked for another explanation, sending Mew onto a page she knew very well - which showed the inside of the piano. Speaking eagerly, but not not to a strange degree, Mew alternated between two images on different pages, trying to explain. It's called a piano.. the strings are inside here, which is that part there, and connected to the white and black keys that are visible from the outside. Smiling, Mew looked up at Alexey, confident that her explanation would suffice to enlighten the other female. It would be interesting to see whether she - too - shared an interest for these things. God knows her sister Adelaida didn't.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey’s curiosity was fueled by the older female’s brief yet thorough explanation of how the instrument worked. Amber-colored eyes drank in all of the images that drifted before her, storing them within her memory. A piano! So that’s what it was. She nodded every so often in order to demonstrate that she indeed understood everything that was being interpreted; the second picture certainly helped with that. Mew made it seem so easy when the images showed nothing but complexity. Dear god, how many strings were in there? The Koios girl tried counting them but she quickly lost track once she started seeing double.
At least she understood how they were connected to the black and white keys. Now that she had a brief idea of how the instrument worked, she couldn’t help but wonder what it sounded like. Strings were what controlled the sound, most obviously, and Alexey had heard an instrument with strings once before. What was it called again? Oh yeah, a guitar. “So it sounds just like a guitar, right?” she asked, turning to Mew for some kind of confirmation once again. A proud grin was plastered on her maw, displaying misplaced confidence in her assumption. Poor Lexey most certainly wasn’t done learning about music and instruments. Luckily, Mew was there to help with that.

[/html]
[html]

Alexey seemed to put her full attention into the explanation given by Mew, and when she responded with a quite smart grin on her face Mew couldn't help but smile too. In fact, the piano sounded very different from the guitar, but there were similarities. However a piano didn't have that same ring that the guitar did, mostly because of the design, but also the mechanics. Mew hastily replied to Alexey's words with something in between as to not let on that she was in fact quite wrong. Well yeah, they're both string instruments, but also the sounds vary - it depends on size and stuff, too! There was not a word of lie in what she said, and this was important to Mew - she would not lie, maybe except to Firefly. That woman didn't deserve better anyways, the way she treated her fellow pack members. Mostly though, the difference is that inside the piano there's a hammer that strikes the string once you press the key, but on the guitar the string is plucked. There's a sound difference, but I can't explain them with words, of course. Mew offered the book completely to Alexey, intending to perhaps pick up the other books she'd flung around - as her irritation was now gone having gotten the chance to speak with someone who seemed to show interest for her passion.

[/html]
[html]

Eyes of honey watched the higher-ranked female intently as she provided a more thorough explanation. So it wasn’t like a guitar. Her face scrunched up with disappointment as Mew politely explained that her assumption wasn’t quite right. A disappointed “Oh” passed her lips but her gaze remained focused on the book and the subject at hand. It sucked being wrong but Lubomir’s mate was an excellent teacher; Lexey did not mind looking clueless around her. Mew wasn’t the type to ridicule someone for not knowing something; at least she didn’t look like that kind of person.
The older lady continued with a few more specifications. So there was a hammer in that big black box. How peculiar. When Mew pushed the book her way, the Koios girl eagerly leaned over and examined the image demonstrating the inside of the piano, So many bits and pieces were in there! Her attention didn’t stay centered around the book for long though, she’d flipped through the pages and seen all of the images. She couldn’t read, so attempting to decipher text was futile.
“Will you show me how to play sometime?” It was an unusual inquiry, especially coming from someone like Alexey. But Mew had piqued her curiosity; the tawny lass wanted to know what kind of sound the instrument made. She couldn’t help but feel a little embarrassed now that her request was out in the open. What if the Ilex said no?

[/html]
[html]

It seemed Alexey did indeed understand what Mew had been trying to wrap up, but it didn't matter. Mew had worked hard for all the knowledge she had, after all, and she was certain Alexey knew things that she did not. As the younger woman flipped through the pages of the book she'd handed her, Mew took a few steps in a different direction and picked up one of the many books she'd flung around. On her way over to the right pile, Alexey presented her with a question she'd heard only once before - from Cwmfen. But this was phrased in a different way. Cwmfen had wanted to hear the music, but the way Alexey posed it it seemed as if she wished to learn. If that was the case, Mew would eagerly do so, more than anything. It would in that case be the first time her skills had ever become useful to anyone but herself! I'd be happy to, Alexey! Perhaps Mew was becoming overly eager, and prematurely, too, but even Lubomir hadn't asked her to do that, and he adored her. Smiling very broadly, the female put the book down in the right pile and spoke again, suggesting a meeting place. There's a piano in one of the vineyards close to Flander's Fields, and I have my guitar at home. You can choose which one, I guess? I can show you both, though, if you want. Oh, something for her to do. It would be marvelous.

[/html]
[html]

300+
This very moment was the highlight of her day. The initial embarrassment that came with asking for classes was slowly dissipating. Wow, what a great opportunity she had. Alexey didn’t know when she’d have time though; her duties as the pack’s Caregiver consumed a lot of her spare time. But they could always set a date when they could meet and practice, perhaps twice a week? That sounded fair. Was it enough? Lexey didn’t know how long it normally took for someone to learn how to play an instrument. It probably all depended on how fast of a learner she was. And a fast learned she was going to be! At least, she hoped so.
When Mew gave her the choice between playing the piano or the guitar, the two-year-old femme voiced a “Hmm,” as she pondered which instrument she’d like to learn first. Tough choice. She knew what a guitar was already but actually playing one seemed pretty hard, with all those strings and whatnot. A piano had just as many strings, but she wouldn’t have to pluck them. Yes, Alexey preferred pressing on white keys as opposed to just strumming or plucking strings. So she went with what she thought would be the easiest choice.
“Piano first?” she suggested, a big grin settling on her face. “Kol and I live near the graveyard in Flanders Field. It’s close to my house.” How come she’d never seen it before? Was it hidden? Oh, she liked that idea. A hidden piano. It could be their little secret. And one day, just one day, Mew and Alexey might be able to play for the whole pack. Like a band, a real one. That sounded so much fun! The tawny girl couldn’t remember the last time she’d felt this excited and she had Mew to thank for that.

[/html]
[html]

Slight ramble, sorry!
Word count: 440

The enthusiasm was shared between them - they were both caught up in the idea and the joys it might bring, from their own two sides; the teacher and the student. Mew's smile lingered - why had she ever thought Alexey a fool? Oh, how Lubomir had softened her, and for the better. Just because Alexey had been concerned about Firefly when the copper femme had been a prisoner didn't mean she was weak - Mew saw it now. She'd been too proud, too full of herself, and her hate. Too full of jealousy, as well. Full of everything, but she was different now. Less hateful, less searching for revenge. It would seem, perhaps, that the woman had finally settled down to some extent. Not properly, because she still believed that her and Lubomir would not last forever. She could not indulge herself in such thoughts - she was too realistic, or perhaps pessimistic. Nevertheless, Mew saw Alexey in a different way now - as a possible friend, and companion in the profession of music. And she was bright, because she chose the piano first. "First", she had said, giving away that she wanted to learn more. Besides happiness, Mew felt pride swell up in her, and some fear, too. What if she couldn't do it? No, she knew she could. She was not insecure, not with her music. She had never been the type to be insecure anyways, before Lubomir.

For the first time since everything had happened, Mew heard the mention of the graveyard without feeling her mental self shake. She heard the sentence, but her thoughts did not plummet into images of her children - instead she paid her attention to Alexey, and the task she now had been given - and only that. Without knowing it, the woman had taken a large step ahead from the self-pity and anger she'd let herself be consumed by before. Now she was a teacher, and that mattered. It mattered a lot. Ok! The piano is in some ways easier - all the tones are in front of you. In a guitar they are stealthier, in a way. If you want we can go there now, so you know where it is? Only Slay and Cwmfen had seen that place, not even Lubomir. Although, mostly that was because she was afraid he might somehow think lowly of her skills, because she knew that if she showed him, he would beg her to play. She simply dared not! But Alexey was a kind person, and not so risky to her own mental stability. It would be great, she knew it would.
[/html]
[html]

There was a nice change in Mew’s general behavior, she had to admit. Initially, Lexey had expected the older femme to be a little more reserved, just like she’d been the last time they’d spoken to each other. People did change, it seemed. It was a pleasant surprise and the tawny girl embraced it with open arms. She had a newfound respect for the Lillium’s sister. Perhaps both of them had been wrong about each other; this was proof enough that first impressions weren’t always accurate. Alexey’s smile only widened when her new friend confirmed another assumption; the piano was easier.
She hadn’t expected the next part of the higher-ranked lady’s comment though. Mew was willing to start teaching her how to play immediately! It was shocking, but in a good way. Alexey was used to people making false promises. The Ilex was not that kind of person, obviously. The Caregiver nodded energetically, anticipating the moment when she’d first lay eyes on a real piano. “Yes!” she exclaimed excitedly, getting on her feet. She was at the door within moments, waiting for Mew to catch up. “I’m ready.” Of course she was. Alexey hadn’t had this much fun in a very long time.

[/html]
[html]

I just pp'ed that they started moving, hope that's o.k. Also, how long do you like your threads? Because I have virtually no limit, heh.
Word count: 539

The energy in the younger woman was obvious as she got to her feet and moved to the door, exclaiming agreement and seemingly glowing of eagerness. Mew was glad - finally she had someone she could teach, who could share her interest. Cer was her friend, and Haku was her brother, but outside of such family bonda (Colibri was another), she had few contacts. And while the rosea was her friend she did not seem to share this fascination with her, and after all she was the rosea. In a strange way it hindered their openness, because Mew relied too heavily on her duties, and her morale, and thus she didn't find it natural to behave so.. casually around the leader as others might. She wasn't formal, but she just couldn't relax fully, in a way. Perhaps Alexey would be that friend she needed, and somewhat her first friend outside her own family, and besides Lubomir, who was a case of his own. Smiling, Mew hastily grabbed her leather pouch and the guitar case, strapping both of them on her so their straps crossed her chest in a big X, and then she too was at the door, smiling.

The long towards the vineyard was long, and though Mew had traversed the distance many times, she still found it tedious at times. Although, for Alexey, it was a fair deal, since she lived in Flander's Fields. Silently, the ivory femme prayed that she wouldn't ask her to come to her home. It was one thing to share her own life with another, and it was one thing to see another's life - but she did not want to go to the old human graveyard, nor pass too close. Somewhere along the arrays of gravestones, some broken and some intact, lay four little heaps of dirt, never flattened or tended to as they should have been. A simple and crudely made symbol marked their presence, and Mew did not even know which lay where. At the time of the graves' creation she had still been fighting for her life. But they were hers, and hers alone, and she did not want to let Alexey into her realm of grief - a place even Lubomir had only but glanced. If they moved too close it was perhaps inevitable, for she never seemed able to pass through without having the thought of them consume her. Hopefully, though, the femme would be satisfied with looking at the instrument she would offer her, and then leave without asking her to tag along to see where she lived. She seemed hospitable, so there was the risk. Smiling, all of these thoughts concealed, her face was unchanged from before. She had years of training in hiding herself, and no young femme with good intent could see through it. Besides, it was only fair that she was allowed to hide her sorrows like anyone else. So, what would you like to learn first? I mean.. would you like to learn the human notation as well, or simply how to make the melodies in your head? It was better to have conversation, else her mind would likely implode as they came closer and closer to her children's graves.

[/html]
[html]
One or two more rounds? Just so Lexey can see the piano? :3

Her energy doubled when the Ilex reached the door. They weren’t exactly close to the vineyards, and the fact that Alexey was rather impatient made the trek even longer. Mew was good company though. Discussing with the ivory woman kept her mind busy for the most part, which was a good thing. The caregiver’s pace was quick and steady, but it did not seem to bother the higher-ranked femme. She kept up effortlessly. Lexey had to acknowledge in how good of a shape she was.
After a few minutes of silence, a question reached her cream-colored ears. The Koios girl did not reply right away. Creating melodies and playing by ear seemed like the easiest thing to do. But if she didn’t have innate talent for it, playing that way would certainly become a problem. On the other hand, learning human notations would give her the basic knowledge she needed. It would take a lot of time and effort too. She bit her lip before answering, still unsure of herself. “The notations, I think.”
Not being able to read was a little annoying. She could’ve taught herself how to read music pieces if only she’d known. At least Mew was there to help with that. “Do you think I could find music sheets in the library?”

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait - I've had three of my hardest exams now though, so it should be better.
Word count: 412

As they walked on, both knowing which direction it was, Alexey kept her talking, keeping her mind from dancing around the subject of her children, and the fact that every step too her closer to their graves. People could say what they wanted to, no matter what anyone did she would not get over them, and she would not get over the fact that it was her own fault that they had died. Had she been less stupid, more responsible and remembered what she should have remembered, they would never be dead. Of course, ultimately it was Asphyxia's fault - she knew that, but a little part of her would always scream blame in her direction.

Alexey chose a wise answer to her question, and Mew smiled at her a little as she nodded in response. She was happy with this - very happy. The opportunity to teach someone her favorite thing in the whole world was more than she could think of to make her happy. With Lubomir in addition - things could not be better, could they? Truly, the only thing missing was perhaps her mother and sister, but she reckoned Melisande was either dead or had settled permanently somewhere else. Colibri had evaporated, but she might return - she had the habit of behaving that way. Her green gaze met Alexey's as she spoke, her voice eager, but quite mild, for Mew. That's a wise choice. I started out with learning the music language as well, before I could play, too. It opens up a great deal of opportinuties! Pausing, Mew compared how short an amount of time it had taken Alexey to reach the conclusion that the library would be a good place to search for music, and how long it had taken herself. She was the loser, in that sense, although right now she knew more than anyone in the pack about this, so it didn't really matter - nor was it a competition. Alexey had a fresh, young mind - and Mew was glad. Her own head was beginning to feel heavy on her shoulders, and not just because of burdens. There was too many things in her head, and she felt too old to handle them, although she knew very well she wasn't that old. Smiling, the femme continued;Yeah, the library has lots of music sheets, as well as the school in Wolfville. Ask Lubomir about it, he has sorted everything - the bookworm.

[/html]
[html]
No worries! I made them reach the Vineyards, hope that's ok. (:

Her choice was deemed wise by the older female, and Lexey smiled at the compliment. It was weird how someone related to the Lillium could be so different from him. She was good company, unlike that sibling of hers. The Caregiver did not dislike Haku, but she didn’t exactly like him either. It was all about respect. Hierarchy was something Alexey had always understood and followed religiously. “Opportunities? Like what?” While she could think of certain advantages such as being able to read music sheets, she couldn’t help but wonder what other advantages there were
Their conversation fluttered from one subject to the other as their paws battered the ground with each step taken. She nodded quietly as Mew confirmed her assumption. So the library was a good choice. Alexey hadn’t thought of the school though, which was also a good idea. “Oh, that’s right. I didn’t think of the school. I’ll have to find to Lubomir and ask him about music sheets. I helped him sort the library when the place got flooded with water but I didn’t see any at the time. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention,” she admitted, trying to remember that far back.
The Caregiver halted when the Vineyards were reached, turning to her mentor for further directions. She was curious now, wondering where the instrument was hidden away.

[/html]
[html]

Late again, but at least everytihng is settled now Smile We can probably end this thread soon, no?
Word count: 552

Their smalltalk as they kept on walking towards their goal was on a pleasant subject, and so Mew did not mind it at all. It took her thoughts away from four small beings floating somewhere just out of reach. Smiling gently the femme answered Alexey's question, taking joy in being of use to anyone at all. Well, for once you don't have to make all of your melodies yourself - there are plenty of them written down and stored away. And there are lots of books that can teach you how to make beautiful music, but then you would have to know some of their music-related words, as well as the notation. It's really handy if you have a melody in your head but just can't seem to get it out of your fingers. Her green eyes shone with passion as the words exited her mouth, riding on a voice which was calm and excited at once.

Bending her neck slightly, Mew looked at the femme in front of her in a puzzled way, but not openly so. It could easily be interpreted as simply paying attention and showing interest. So she had helped Lubomir, eh? He had never said anything about that, nor had he called out for the help of his mate. Having been abandoned by him once she wished to trust him fully, but sometimes she found that she couldn't. A tiny, green flame of jealousy sparked inside her before it was quickly taken out - she would not allow herself to think the thought. Instead she smiled and nodded, wordlessly agreeing to the statement she had put forward. Indeed, the library had a lot of music in it, and literally floating about that day, it seemed.

They came to a halt, and the other femme looked to Mew for directions, without word. Moving her head to the left as if she pointed with it, she then took a few steps in that direction, moving towards a large building hidden below the top of the hill they approached. She'd not seen it the first time she had passed through this place, as one would have to stray from the network of paths around the area to find it. It wasn't really obvious that there would be something more ahead, but once the top of the hill was reached one could look down onto a very secluded building, although large, and somehow invisible to all its surroundings - hidden in its own private valley. Waving with her hand in its direction Mew half-ran down the slope (it was easier, as it was quite steep), before waiting at the bottom. It's right in here, in the largest room you enter. The door is pretty old and rotten though, so watch yourself when you enter. Three, four steps and she was by the door, soon right next to the old instrument which stood there as if a regent of the room. The only restored item in the whole house, it did truly dominate in terms of good looks. One hand easily lifted the cover of the keys and touched one of the keys of the treble, setting loose a highly pitched sound which rang in the room before disappearing completely. It was her baby, if an item could be such a thing.

[/html]
[html]
Annnnnnnnd fade to black! :3 300+

Alexey was about to start down one of the paths, thinking that her pack mate had indirectly pointed to it. But as she cast one last glance towards the other woman, she quickly realized that Mew had strayed from the dirt roads and was now heading towards a rather steep hill. A frown creased her forehead, just for a fleeting moment, before she broke into a trot in order to catch up with the Ilex. She couldn't help but wonder why humans would've hidden such a beautiful instrument away from the world. But then again, maybe it was Mew who had moved it there with the help of someone else?

Climbing up the hill was a demanding task; her breathing became ragged, and the Caregiver did her best to supress the few pants that escaped her maw from time to time. Her gaze darted over to Mew, who seemed to be handling the physical exercise like a pro. They eventually reached the top of the hill, where a whole new world awaited them. Her jaw nearly dropped open as her amber-colored eyes swept over the forlorn building, long forgotten by the inhabitants of Dahlia de Mai. Alexey stuck to Mew like glue, following her down the hill in the same half-run fashion.

The Koios girl gave a brief nod to show that she understood and proceeded into the building, carefully avoiding the rotten door. Her gaze remained on the other woman, following her slender form as she moved over to a wooden piece of furniture. Where was the piano? The pieces of the puzzle came together when Mew lifted the cover, revealing the famous piano keys she'd been looking for. Alexey took a few steps forward, holding her breath as she watched her friend stroke the top of the instrument with her delicate fingers. "Oh, Mew! It's beautiful!" she exclaimed, as a high-pitched sound reverberated through the old building.

[/html]