tear it down build it up
The warm brown pelt of the Aston girl was covered in little burrs and the pirate princess herself was sitting perched up on an old stump trying to pull the prickly annoyances from her fuzzy bum. How in the world had she managed to back right into the nest of weeds was beyond her but she was not going to run about with the tag alongs clumped in her elegant fur! Little sea foam eyes were filled with determination as she tried to bit at one that clung stubbornly to her small flag of a tail. Her only reward for trying to remain clean was a stinging prick upon her already tender nose as she sat back and just looked down at the mess dejected.

Changing her tactics up a little the small girl tapped at the burr with her small tan paw but was only rewarded with another jarring pain from the stupid thing that was stuck fast. She could feel tears building along the edges of her eyes but she refused to cry. Shaking her head and frowning she sat and just glared at the monster of a plant that had decided to remain latched to her pretty little tri-toned tail
[html]
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/548/ ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She was the cutest sight he had laid eyes on in some time. He knew that Dawali had a lady friend, and that lady friend had a little litter of young ones, and he also knew Dawali was not the father. All this he knew simply from observing, hearing bits and pieces here and there, and the tell tale scents that clung to Aniwaya. Leland could only guess that the child he was now was one of those puppies, and wasn’t she a darling? He had been watching her for some time now, having seen her from a distance during one of his border patrols, and finally seeing how on the verge of tears she was, he approached her.

Upright on two legs, he towered over the young pup, but he waved both his hand and tail in a friendly manner. The red coated husky truly did love children, it was no secret, and the last thing he wanted to do was scare this one with his large size. He could have shifted if it would have made her feel safer, but he assumed, being an Aniwaya child, she was use to the lupercis. Warm chocolate and cool blue eyes took her in, wondering if not Dawali than who had been the father? That was none of his business, but he wondered if this pup even knew herself. Hey thar girl, need a little help?

[/html]
Oceane hadn't even heard the approach of the tribe member as she'd been trying to remove the burrs from her rump, and the fact that it was a boy who'd found the little princess in such a heap of trouble was even more embarrassing! She quickly tried to hide her sniffles and wipe the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes, hoping that he hadn't seen them. She was a young lady but she could take care of herself, or so she thought!

He towered over her like so many of the other adults did but she didn't mind, she'd grown use to it in time and she just blinked up at him as she tried to hide the awful mess of pricklies on her bum as she whispered quietly, "No.. I am pwerfectly fines!" Ok, so she was a horrible liar when she was upset.
[html]
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/548/ ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The small child quickly stopped her tears, trying hard to hide any distress that had been so evident only moments before. Leland smiled down at her, pretending he didn’t notice how upset she was, because if he argued with her on the fact she might grown even more unhappy. Instead he only nodded, his voice genuine and kind. “Oh yes, o’ course. I can see ya er fine. An’ why not? A smart girl like yerself can take care of herself, yeah?” He smiled, and settled himself a little bit away from her, not watching too carefully but making sure she wasn’t in any real trouble.

After a moment or two of minding his own business he turned back, still friendly and kind, his tail thumped heavily on the ground a few times. “But if ya weren’t jus’ fine, ya could ask me fer help ya know. I mean, that’s what the tribe members er fer, yeah?” He nodded sagely, then turned averted his eyes again, pretending to be busy staring up at the sky. Once more he turned to the girl, offering her a wide smile. “I’m Leland… jus’ so we aren’t strangers.”
[/html]
Oceane stared up at the strangely marked male as he spoke up, she felt slightly guilty that she'd lied to him but she didn't want to seem weak before the other tribemembers and he'd already caught her crying. Puffing out her chest she nodded agreement with the male as she stated. "I can take care of myself.." her sea foam toned eyes glanced down to her paws as she sighed and admitted. "Most.. of the time."

She pawed at the ground quietly for a moment as her ears pinned back against her head in show of her guilt for not telling the whole truth. When the male offered to help her and presented his name she raised her pretty orbs back up to look at him sheepishly as she asked. "Could I really?" She knew that the tribe was like family and that like her real family they worked together and tried to make life easier and peaceful. "I'm Oceane.. so we ain't strangers anymore?" she asked as she studied the male for a moment.

Oceane didn't want to admit what she'd done but there was nothing that she could do. She needed help and she couldn't do this by herself. Sighing softly to herself she glanced back at her burr covered rump as she spoke softly. "I fell in the brambles.." She expected him to start laughing, her brothers would have.
[html]

Sorry, I suck like no other!

Leland’s face was very serious, full of concern for the young lady’s predicament. Yet she tore at his heartstrings, he wanted to smile and laugh at her puppy speech, her young logic, but he knew it would be misinterpertted. She was in pain, no matter how minor, and embarrassed to boot. Leland did not wish to ever make anyone feel bad. “Aye, the brambles? That’s not a pleasant place ta be, now is it?” Firmly he put his paw on the girl’s shoulder and turned her about so he could see just more clearly what the trouble was.

Yes, indeed, there were brambles stuck there and the girl would have a mighty hard time trying to pull them free herself. Clearing his throat and in his most friendly but business sort of voice he would ask the girl for permission. Surely she wanted to be free of the thorns? “Well Oceane, we’re not strangers anymere, so may I assist ya with this?” His odd eyes were kind, he only hoped she wouldn’t hold it against him if it was painful pulling the brambles from her bum.

[/html]