us feral kids love straying about
[html]
ooc -
private for honoré! dated april 6th. tokyo's in regular wolf form at the moment. 300+ words

ic -
These lands were different. It must have hit her nose first, but she didn't really notice it til it had spread throughout her whole body, tickling all her senses. The trails, the scents... Everything had an air of intent. The paths were more well worn, the markings more distinguished and regular. This place belonged to a pack. And, as Jaded Shadows was no longer around, she might as well check it out. It wasn't fair that Jaded Shadows had disappeared, though! She had family there. People who were obligated to care for her. Sure, there were probably still some distant cousins hanging around, but they didn't have to love Tokyo, which was sort of upsetting.

So she had to join a pack. It seemed like a fairly solid plan - join a pack, and then everyone in it would take care of her. It was just so damned annoying that she had traveled this far south just to have the added layer of family only to find that things had changed. How dare they, without her consent? She should have just joined some place up north. Or better yet, Jaded Shadows should have anticipated her needs and worked harder on sticking together so she'd have a good place to call home now. Because of course they would take her back. Tokyo couldn't imagine why any pack wouldn't want her; she was beautiful, intelligent, and just all around perfect.

This place was pretty enough. The view of the ocean was great; it reminded her of Lightning Bay. It was a shame the old territory was so thoroughly destroyed, otherwise she'd be tempted to try and follow up on her puppyhood dream of starting a pack on the beach. The practicality of the lack of game didn't even cross her mind - other people would take care of the hunting, of course.

So, she needed to find someone from this pack. She strutted very casually onto the lands, snuffling around for some fresh scent to trace. God, tracking was annoying. Tokyo hated hunting, and she'd been having to do it a fair amount, especially since she came to these lands. She'd had plenty of experience being chased away from pack lands for scavenging and poaching food and property. No, this time she'd worm her way into a pack, first. Then take what she wanted from them.
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... annerx.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Judging from his recent encounters with different pack mates, Honoré was under the impression that about half of them were insane. Yep. They definitely had a few screws loose in their heads. First of all, the sub-leader ate birds for breakfast. The Québécois wouldn’t have minded it if his choice of meal was, let’s say, chicken. That was normal. But no, that psycho ate poor Honoré’s friends; pretty yellow chickadees! And as if that wasn’t enough, one of the younger wolves was a Satanist. The Genus wrinkled his nose in disdain as he recalled the teenager’s demonic music and strange incantations. Then there was Asariel, the racist!

So Phoenix Valley was home to a bird-eater, a Satanist, and a racist! The Frenchman hadn’t really considered the fact that perhaps he was the nutty one because such a thing was unimaginable. He was sane, and the rest of the world was retarded. That’s how things normally worked in his head. Jefferson and Geneva were cool in his book though. Asariel too, he had grown fond of her despite her initial distaste for white wolves. This asylum was his home. And he loved it.

Honoré was out looking for some more wood to build a second birdhouse when a female crossed his path. Recognizing his pack mates was easier now that he could distinguish their smell easily. And this girl definitely wasn’t one of them. Eyes of metallic bronze narrowed into slits as he watched the girl waltz around his lands. Well, technically they were Jefferson’s. But he was allowed to dream, wasn’t he? “Hey! Stop or dead! Stop or dead! I know karate!” he warned, when he reality he was nothing but a poet with a bad temper. He could always pretend though, which is exactly what he was doing right now.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
i apologize for slowww.

ic -
Ah, there was someone now. It was a point in the pack's favor that she didn't have to wait long for attention. An amused smile twisted her mouth as he approached. Oh, poor dumb thing, he must be confusing her for someone else. "Boy, it's not very smart to threaten me." Had she been shifted, she surely would be waving a finger at him and "tsking" in disappointment. "You probably just don't know who I am - Tokyo Chance. I'm considering joining your pack." His focus anger almost pushed her over the line from amusement to annoyance, but no.. He must just be misguided, mistaken. Tolerance of ignorance was a great reflection of her generous spirit; she threw a few more words at him. "You don't understand, you're very lucky to have met me. Your leaders will probably reward you for finding someone this amazing.'

There, that was enough prattling. Tokyo tended to prattle when she was nervous. Was she nervous? That didn't make any sense, there was no reason to be. Who in their right mind would reject her? She casually leaned back into a seated position, somehow managing to sort of gracefully dislodge a flea from where it was nibbling behind her ear. She wasn't very bothered by this incident, and it was easy as always to read her. It didn't even cross her mind to perform the usual prospective joiner actions; to act submissive, to suck up to the wolf encountered. Living outside the constraints of a pack for so long, with only a wolf that adored and pampered her, had not done her natural egotism well.

</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... annerx.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
(: No worries!

And the weirdos just kept on coming. This one was quite entertaining so far. It wasn’t nice to laugh at crazy people, but the girl’s delusions of grandeur were oh-so amusing. At least he didn’t have to deal with her as a pack mem- what? Eyes of metallic bronze widened when she voiced her request to join Phoenix Valley. Mind you, it wasn’t really a request. She made it sound like the decision was up to her, which only proved how dopey she really was. “Euh,” was all he could mutter as his brain absorbed her foolish words.

Holy crap, she was like a female version of him… only ten times worse. Was that even possible? Honoré stared in awe before closing his eyes for a few seconds and re-opening them. Hmm, she was still there. A thoughtful frown settled on his face as he kept his gaze steady on the unwanted visitor. “Don’t seem very amazing to me. Just a wannabe princess, maybe?” he replied matter-of-factly, narrowing his eyes into slits.

“And kinda ugly too. Phoenix Valley accepts only pretty girls, you know?” he continued, anticipating the storm heading his way. Females normally hated being called ugly and this one was probably no different. The Genus had already established that little Tokyo was quite gorgeous actually; a perfect mixture of creams and browns. But never would he flatter someone as cocky as she was.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
this thread makes me giggle

ic -
Dear lord, this wolf must be demented. The only realistic explanation for his words was a fever of the brain. Tokyo had heard of such things, but never encountered such a creature in the wild. If this pack was home to such insanity, it was definitely a good thing that Tokyo was figuring this out before having had to commit to gracing it with her beauty.

The word princess had unsettled her some, too. It jolted her with memories of her daughter, of the cruel puppy that had chosen a brother over her own mother. She scowled. Her patience was not unlimited, and while she pitied the poor, mentally handicapped creature, she wouldn't tolerate much more of his disrespect. "I am a princess, actually. My grandmother was the alpha of the most powerful pack in all of these and nearby lands - it was called Jaded Shadows." It seemed like an opportune time to embellish the truth a little. "I was just a puppy then, but she told me she wanted me, out of all my siblings, to be Alpha when she died." Smug expression.

Instead of throwing a fit at the latter comment, Tokyo shook her head sadly. "No, I'm actually really beautiful. But if Phoenix Valley is filled with brain-fever-victims like you, it's okay, I think I should probably not join."</style>

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

He’d expected something more out of the younger female; especially after he’d just flat-out insulted both her physical appearance and personality. He caught a hint of indignation in her icy blue eyes, but that was it. Boring. Instead of providing him with something interesting, she rambled on and on about how she supposedly was a princess from a pack of elitists. Honoré rolled his eyes exaggeratedly, waiting for the blabbermouth to quiet down before saying anything else. Dear lord, she sure talked a lot. And every single word out of her mouth emphasized how “awesome” she apparently was. It was obnoxious and yet, unbelievably… familiar.

“Oh yah? Well, princesse, if your Jaded Shadows be so amazing, how come it doesn’t exist anymore? Grandma wanted you to be leader of the crazies?” he said, mimicking the girl’s smug expression. She was the opposite of what she claimed to be. Alpha material? Hell no. Princess was nothing but a loner, nothing impressive there. His attention then turned to the lame insult she’d thrown his way. Brain-fever victim? Now that was funny. She was the nutty one, not him! Nutty or not, she was right about one thing though. She was gorgeous. Unfortunately, her personality overshadowed her beauty.

[/html]
[html]
ooc -
gah, slow again. this time i blame the flu. >>; 241 words

ic -
"That's what I'm trying to figure out. I was gone for a couple years, and I come back and everything's gone and changed around me!" Tokyo stomped her front paw to emphasize her annoyance, a gesture that would seem more natural had she been shifted. She wasn't sure what he had meant, leader of the crazies. No one in Jaded Shadows had been crazy; maybe he was trying to insult them, but she didn't put much stock in his words since she realized that he must be mentally challenged in some way or another. So, he didn't know anything about the pack Jaded Shadows. But maybe he knew where the members had gone?

She was about to open her mouth to ask after Tsunami, Fatin, Ireland, anyone, when she realized abruptly that maybe his words hadn't just been a question intended to provoke. Maybe he had thrown that question out there to brag about his own superiority... Maybe he was implying that Jaded Shadows wasn't that amazing because his own pack had so easily defeated it! She knew in a little corner of her rational mind that Bane's story made more sense, that Jaded Shadows crumbled when the lands burned. But had the forest been set on fire? Who knew what the tensions between packs had been before the fires came. Her paranoia clung to this clue and ran rampant. Her eyes narrowed. "Or maybe you know more than you're telling me."
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The Québécois’ words were random, meaningless. His goal was to get under her skin, and thus far, it seemed to be working. Good. Spoiled brats couldn’t get everything they wanted, unless that spoiled brat was Honoré. Tokyo was a naïve little thing too. Of course everything had changed around her! She’d been gone for years, what else did she expect? The five-year-old male took a cautious step back when the girl stomped one of her front paws. He didn’t know what she was capable of, and he didn’t feel like finding out the hard way.

She remained quiet for a little while, and so did he. Maybe he should’ve sympathized with her, but pride kept him from doing so. His ears twitched when an accusation was thrown his way. What kind of wicked theory had she come up with? Honoré quirked a brow, surprised. “Maybe I do,” he challenged, mostly out of curiosity. He was lying, like always. In reality, he knew nothing about this girl or her precious Jaded Shadows. “Can’t tell you anyway, its top secret information, yah? I’m secret agent and stuff. That’s where I’m learn karate.” he explained nonchalantly.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
249 words.

ic -
As far as what Tokyo was capable of.. it wasn't much. In fact, just from the mere mental and emotional exertion at this encounter, she was having the tiniest bit of trouble breathing. Getting worked up emotionally could do this, sometimes, but usually it didn't progress from there to one of the scary things where she really couldn't breath unless she was dumb and physically exerted herself, as well. She just had to be careful to relax, sometimes naps helped, sometimes just slowly walking it off did.

But neither of those were available options now. So instead she just took a few careful, deep breaths. Her throat felt scratchy and itchy, but it wasn't yet making a raspy noise when she breathed, so she was probably fine for a bit longer. It would be terrible to have to forfeit this battle (because that's what it was, now, to her!) for such a dumb reason as her health. He wouldn't understand, Tokyo was sure, and would thus count this as a victory against her, which wasn't fair.

She was right, though. He did know something, after all. "Tell me." Tokyo insisted. It was difficult for her to comprehend that anyone would actually be able to disobey a direct order that came from her lips. "Also, while you're at it, tell me what this dumb sounding karate thing is you keep blabbering about." If he was going to insist on threatening her with it, she should at least know what it was.

[/html]
[html]

He observed her suspiciously, noting the succession of deep breaths. What was she doing? His nose twitched as he cautiously sniffed the air. There was nothing peculiar about it, so he brushed it off. Maybe she wasn’t used to the flowery smell of the Valley. He couldn’t care less at this point. If she wouldn’t have acted so stuck-up, then perhaps he would’ve taken the time to show her around. There was no way he was going to do that now. She repeated a command, and he only scoffed at her naivety. Unfortunately for her, Phoenix Valley already had an annoying pain in the ass. There was no room for two. She was standing on his turf.

He would, however, explain what karate was. He felt so generous that he’d even give her a demonstration. He’d read about martial arts in books, how trained black belts could break things in half. Although he’d never tried, Honoré only assumed that he could. Because he had a black leather belt at home. “Karate is very impressive art of-“ shit, what was it called again? Oh yeah. “Self-defense. I can break things, like your head.” he continued, adopting a ridiculous fighting stance. He was cool guy indeed. Why wasn’t she swooning over him yet? Maybe she was a little slow.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #00FFF6 solid; font-size: 11px;">
ooc -
206 words

ic -
There was a lot of pollen in the air. What kind of idiot pack let so many of the gross, itchy-making flowers live in the land? She wouldn't have been able to live here anyway, even if she had encountered a pleasant wolf at the border, even if they had begged her to stay like she had half-way expected them to. Because she hadn't ever technically tried to join a pack; only her imagination detailed the process. And her imagination was a crazy place to be, and it involved a lot more fawning over and giving gifts to Tokyo than actually ever went down.

He made some sort of completely ridiculous claim about breaking her head. "If it's self-defense, and I'm not attacking you, how's it going to work?" Taunting him. "And I don't believe you anyway. I don't think you could even break that branch there." Tokyo gestured with her nose towards a hefty piece of wood. It wasn't super thick, but it was just strong enough that it looked like most humans couldn't pick it up and snap it. Maybe some human males, if they had been training their muscles. But certainly, certainly not this silly looking ugly dumb brain fever mean face wolf.

[/html]
[html]
NINJAI!

Oh, wasn’t she a smartass! Honoré’s face went placid when the woman challenged the explanation he’d so kindly given her. Well, if she wanted to get technical, then so could he. Wrinkling his nose, the alabaster male casually lifted his chin a little higher, in that snobby “I’m better than you” manner. Both of his hands went behind his back, and he puffed his chest out so that she could notice his superiority. “You are attacking me, with your very stupid attitude! So it is self-defense against stupid people.” he rectified, gravely shaking his head up and down.

Hazel-hued eyes quickly darted to the piece of wood resting a few feet away from the duo. It didn’t seem all that imposing from where he stood, so he moved a little closer. Picking up the oversized stick in his hand, Honoré thoroughly inspected it for any cracks or weaknesses he could use to his advantage. Unfortunately, there weren’t any. It suddenly dawned on him that he didn’t possess the strength or skills to break it in half. A wicked little grin tugged at his lips as he mustered up a plan, one that would allow him to kill two birds with one stone.

“Watch, Honoré break both your head and stick at same time,” he proclaimed, snickering uncontrollably as he turned to catch a glimpse of the intruder. Then without any warning, he took off running in her direction, brandishing the bulky piece of wood above his head. He would show her! “AIAIAIAAA!” A (rather ridiculous) battle cry swept over the pack lands as he launched an attack upon the intruder.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
This thread was so awesome XD. 206 words, sorry for shorttt.

She was attacking him? That was completely ridiculous! He was the one being dumb and brain-fever and ugh, it finally was starting to seriously piss her off. Tokyo was ready to just leave, fuck this pack. They didn't deserve her, and she could never be around this guy and be expected to tolerate him. Honoré? That must be his name. It was weird, just like him. It was almost the word honor, except twisted, which made sense to her a little bit because he was sort of like twisted honor. In that he was completely dumb and not honorable, in any sense of the word in Tokyo's mind.

He had picked up the branch, and studied it. Tokyo felt triumph rise; he couldn't break it! His words were all bluff, with no basis in reality what-so-ever. Hah, she had shown him. How was he going to get out of this situation? She grinned as he studied the stick, but the expression was wiped off her face as he finished his declaration and began his battle-cry. Uhhh... okay. Well, this was a good time to get the hell out of here, and so she turned tail, easily creating distance between herself and the crazy in her un-shifted form.

[html]
[/html]