With a little help from my *friends*
[html]
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5369/jazpertable2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC:300+

OOC: Alright so fast short posts is good for this because we have: Jazz, Ehno, Moose, Leroy, Kansas, Orion, Legion, Mati, Brooklyn XD

Ic:

Staring out of one of his large bay windows the Knight smiled in a simple yet profound understanding of natures beauty. Just a month ago there had been snow left covering the grass and now green needles seemed to flow in the subtle light wind that entered his room causing his white curtains to sway ever so slightly. The sunlight beat down on red walls heating his room and the mansion nicely. Today was the perfect day to scout out prey for a hunt. His long black hair from the past six months now had a short slick look that reflected the sun. Leaving his room he walked leisurely onto the soft newly born grass and began his change into his large halfling form.

Though many of the pack enjoyed their lupus forms Jazper did not enjoy the feeling of insecurity. He considered himself a member of the Knight family, his fathers long line of protectors of those in need. He was a Knight, the protector, a paladin of sorts to the pack. When he had first joined Naniko, Savina and his adoptive parents in Twilight Vail he had been a ill-tempered tiny boy and now he owed his alphas as a over sized warrior. He had vowed to become like his father one day: brave, strong, sincere. Looking back on his fathers once large black figure he had reached and surpassed his dream. Walking in Crimson Dreams territory now as a halfling he was almost the size of a full grown grizzly bear, giant and dangerous. However, his past had lead him to become a man with a gentle logical nature and a hidden animalistic craving. With the fresh scent of a pack of deer on the wind the large Rhiannon boy hurried back to the mansion.

Licking his lips his plan turned in his head. The hunt would be swift and easy. Depending on their numbers they could give Savina a large amount of fresh meat to have for herself and the newborns with a second deer or stage for the hunters. Taking a seat in front of the porch his muzzle raised into the air and a call carried on the soft breeze. The males would gather and hunt for the new mother, a males debt to every female, and the new adult pups too join them to repay their debt to the pack who had fed them up until now. His short, spiky hair, large body and golden eyes almost gave him a majestic intimidating look. He thanked the sun god sometimes that he had been given these purely

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Orion had been refining his hunting skills over the past few weeks, tracking was becoming second nature. He learned how to use his speed and stealth to his advantage, rabbits and mice were now easy prey. Orion longed to hunt something bigger and stronger, to show his abilities to the pack. Orion had still yet to spend much time with anyone inside of Crimson Dreams except Savina and that was not much. The spring air from the ocean was refreshing on Orion's face he was near the edge of the Riunione Beach overlooking the water. The temperature had been a nice change after such a long winter, the sun had awoken new life in Orion.

A distant howl could be heard, Orion's ears perked someone was calling the pack to them, it sounded communal a welcoming howl, not a threatening one. Orion broke out into a run, the warm air rushing past his face he finally made his way back to the manor. He could see a wolf he had only seen once before sitting on the front porch of the manor, Orion made his way over towards him. "I came here as soon as I heard your howl, I'm not sure if we've met. My name is Orion, is there anything I can help you with?"

Orion wondered if this had anything to do with the new pups being born, it had been customary in his old pack for the males to go out and hunt for a female and her pups. The thought of being able to provide for Savina's new pups was definitely something Orion wanted to be a part of. On this hunt he could show off his abilities to provide for the pack but also, it would be a great way to get to know others in the pack.

[/html]
Since Savina and Kansas's pups had been born, Moose had found himself staying closer to the mansion than normal. Before their birth, he had been more apt to be found wandering the border or in his chosen den of the small caves further from the place the majority of Crimson Dreams called home. Perhaps soon he would even move into the same abode. Many times already he had pondered this, but the same answer occured to him everytime he thought of it: paws made it difficult to open doors. While he never regretted being a 'normal' wolf, he found himself wishing more and more for the ability to change like his brethern in the pack.

Today he was dozing on a sunlit rock near the lake. He had tried his paw at fishing yesterday and the outcome was simply a romp in the shallows of the water. Despite his poor luck at actually capturing prey, the cool water felt good against his fur, and it allowed some of the winter coat to loosen its hold on him, just as winter had relinquished its hold on the earth.

Grey ears perked as a howl reached him. Moose raised himself from the rock and stretched. The message contained wasn't one of urgency, but it sounded like Jazz. He chuckled to himself. Jazz was one of the reasons he sometimes felt insecure; always Moose had been one of the largest wolves, but the huge black male dwarfed him because he insisted in staying in his halfling form. Regardless, he found a close kinship with his dark brother-in-arms. Mottled paws moved him swiftly into view of the house, where he found the howler and another of his packmates, Orion.

"Hullo! Yeh called Jazz?"
[html]

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

The large young girl lay stretch against the hard wood surface that made her room’s flooring. The massive windows of the sunroom let in as much light as the sun could give, warming her dark brown fur and gleaming into her slightly closed eyes. Content in the position Mati began to feel a demanding guilty feeling, knowing that she was being too lazy for her own good. She had huddled herself in her room for hours upon end, working with the paints that she had found in the city, plastering them into the old canvases and mixing so may different colors she couldn’t even put names to.

When the call came to her ears her eyes opened with a snap, and her head turned to the door. She knew the voice, and understood the meaning of the howl. Getting to her paws the round wolfess trotted eagerly through the manor and out the front door. Greeted with the sight of the male her violet eyes looked to each of them, a small shy smile gracing her lips. Understanding why they were all gathering her excitement grew. She hadn’t been out for a pack hunt in some time, attempting only small prey alone. Her tail waved behind her, showing her eagerness to join them and provide for the new members of the pack.

Finally Mati gathered the courage to speak in front of all the boys, Hey. Her voice was soft as her eyes settled on the male she didn’t know. Having just arrived as Orion introduced himself to Jazper the violet gazed reached his as she introduced herself to the new member. I’m Mati. A warm smile graced her lips, and she looked backed to the rest of the group, wondering where they would go, and what they would hunt.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
There was a constant, excited buzz floating around Haven Manor ever since Savina's children were born. The mere presence of those little ones seemed to fill everyone with joy. Ehno especially was filled with excitement, spending the last week or so bouncing happily around the mansion and the pack lands. His family being very important to him, Ehno wanted to lend a hand in taking care of his new nieces and nephew in any way he could.

The Italian man was out patroling the northwestern edge of the Crinson Dreams territory. Every since the birth of the little ones, he became more keen on making sure the borders were secure. They didn't want any trouble-makers waltzing into the pack when there were puppies around. A familiar call rang out, tearing his attention away from the forest just outside their borders. By the sound of it, it was Jazper, calmly calling for a small gathering. Deeming the area clear and eager to join the gathering hunting party, the chocolate-hued male turned and picked up a quick pace over to the mansion.

Before long the manor came into view, Ehno slowing to a quick trot as he passed the quaint white picket fence surrounding the building. The giant Jazz was sitting on the porch, a few others already gathered before him. The famliiar face of Moose was one of them, the other male being a relatively new member. Ehno had seen him around but had never really been introduced to him. Then there was Mati, the only girl to arrive so far. He flashed her a friendly smile as he took a seat in front of the porch. "Ciao," he greeted them, smile turning into a slight grin at the thought of the coming hunt.
[/html]
[html]
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2901/jazpertable1p.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 300+

A dark grey figure approached the Knight. He had only met this new male once in the past, during the pack meeting if he was not mistaken. Looking over him the large brute nodded with a smile. “I'm Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. Any help is good help.” The shadowed adult lowered his muzzle to the ground in a bow of thanks. If they where going to catch a good sized deer he would need all the help he could get. Large ears perked up at the sound of Moose's goofy accent. Turning around Jazz let his tongue roll out of his mouth in a pup-like grin. “About time you showed up Moose.” He teased lightly. The dark male enjoyed Moose's presence, he seemed to bring out the fun in the group without trying. Mati and Ehno's appearance gave the warrior a permanent grin. It was Mati's time to shine. His heart felt a small pain remembering the days he was born, her slow raise into adulthood. Now, she stood a full grown women.

Bringing his mind back down to the present he sat for a moment in a silent smile. “We hunt today for the new lives that have joined our pack and for the pups that are now adults.” Turning to Mati he smiled weakly, “I was there the day you where born. My adoptive mother helped your mom every step of the way until the pack was allowed to join. I was hardly an adult myself at the time and now you've grown into a beautiful young women.” Looking to the other males his face turned serious, “Theres a group of White Tails gathered west of the caves in a small meadow.” Motioning for the group to follow he started off at a fast walk towards the west. Looking over the four other hunters he began to plan aloud, “Orion, Moose and Ehno, you three will head to the northern part of the clearing and spread out. Mati and I will wait for you to scare the deer in our direction. Mati and I will charge one joined by the three of you. The rest is as they say, history.” Stopping suddenly his ears twitched, they where getting very close. “Any questions?”

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Looking around at all the members made Orion feel at home, the invitation to provide for Savina's pups made him feel welcome. He smiled warmly at everyone who was there and nodded at Jazper, he had no questions the plan was straightforward. Orion looked over at Moose and Ehno and nodded once more signaling that he was ready to head north and to start the hunt. He didn't feel comfortable leading these older pack members and thought he would just do what he was asked to show them he could follow directions and be reliable.

The warm spring air gave Orion new life, he knew the hunt would be successful if he just stuck to what he had been teaching himself to do. The prey would be much larger than what he was used to but this time they had an entire pack to assist. The older pack members have probably done this many times he thought to himself and knew that he had to show them what he was capable of.

[/html]