What becomes of yesterday
I'm stealing a thread with you, don't care how slow it is, Oceane needs a mommy thread!

She had been stealing out of the tribe's lands more and more often without a thought or care to who found out. After having to rescue Noir from herself that day she'd threatened to tell on Oceane for crossing over to the other side of the river she'd decided that it just didn't matter if she was going to get in trouble or not, there was too much world out there to explore and she had all the time in the world to do just that. Now if only Noir or Attila didn't find her and set off a minute battle over what she was doing.

The small girl had plucked her way through the marshlands quite efficiently, or so she thought. She hadn't caught sight or sound of anyone stalking after her and she was damn proud of the progress she'd made in getting out of the tribelands in a new and creative way. She was almost there and would soon be free of having to watch her back every few minutes for her siblings. She was starting to get good at breaking out and she was pleased, thinking that she would have to start doing this more often just to see how often she actually did get caught.

She watched a watersnake darting and swaying across the top of the wetlands as she smiled. She was at the edge of their lands and she could smell freedom!
Aha! I just noticed this! And I just PM'd you about a mommy thread, too, haha.

[html]
Where in the world was Ocèane going? Tayui had been following the girl for a few minutes, curious to see where her daughter was headed. She seemed to be headed for the border, but for what reason, Tayui did not know. Tayui did not bother trying to hide the sound of her footsteps as she made her way through the territory, half hoping Ocèane would spot her before Tayui had to reveal herself. For whatever reason, Ocèane had chosen to make her escape through the lagoon, which was now becoming a wet, muddy mess. With the conclusion of winter, much of the ice had melted, and now the area was an oozing death trap! Tayui quickened her pace, trying to navigate through the marsh without falling prey to one of the many sinkholes that dotted her path.

"Ocèane!" she called out at last, after having caught up to her daughter. "Where do you think you're going, young lady?" she asked, trying to find a balance between the silly, somewhat satirical nature of her question, and her worrying. She knew Ocèane was over four months old, but that did not mean she was ready to let her go gallivanting off on her own! Why, at four months, her puppies were still, well, puppies. And she suspected they had spent far too much time running about making trouble!
[/html]
Normally it was Oceane who took the role of mother when she was gone but even the toasted marshmallow of a puppy sometimes needed reprimanded , today was a perfect example of one of those times. She'd thought that she'd found the perfect escape and would get out of the lands toll free. Her siblings hadn't spied hide nor hair of her and she was almost to the reaches of the unclaimed lands, her mucky tail waving happily behind her as she let out a little squeal of amusement.

It was exclaimed a little early though, as Oceane learned when the worrying tones of her mother reached her ears. She paused in mid prance as her shoulders sagged and she turned those sea foam eyes back to catch sight of her ivory mother. Instead of giving her mother the answer that she wanted Oceane pressed on further as she explained. "I'm running away!" Well, she was, though she did have intentions of returning.. sooner than later.
[html]
Tayui trotted closer to meet her daughter, turning so she could face the brown-hued girl. Ocèane stopped mid-step, turning to greet Tayui. In return, Tayui tilted her head, pausing for a moment as she waited for Oce to reply. When she did, Tayui could not help but chuckle. She knew she had told all of her puppies on countless occasions that they weren't old enough to leave the territory themselves. In fact, they weren't even old enough to travel with the pack on hunting trips! Tayui had told them they could start going out on their own once they were six months old, but it appeared as though someone had forgotten that!

Tayui smirked, shaking her head. "I can see that," she replied, her tone flat and dry. She resisted the temptation to roll her eyes. She supposed asking puppies rhetorical question wasn't always the best thing to do. "How about we run away, but run back home? I'll race you!" She added the last bit, knowing her suggestion sounded, well, lame. Running back the way one came! Tayui doubted that would appeal to her daughter.

[/html]
Oceane tried to ignore her mother as as turned back again and tried to make her way to the borders, knowing that she was infact being a naughty little puppy again. She wrinkled her nose in determination as she quickened her pace, hoping to get away from her mother dearest before she could stop her. Excitement grew in her eyes for a moment as she thought that she would be able to make it but her mother stepped infront of her and ruined it all. Oceane's whole spirit seemed to sink as she sighed and pawed at the ground. She really hated when all her plans were ruined and everyone seemed to love ruining them.

When her mother spoke up again Oceane pouted and shook her head as she glanced up to her white and cream parent. "I don't want to go thatway! I've already explored there!" her voice a whine of disbelief that her mother didn't already know that. She leaned sideways and looked out towards the barbwire that showed the edge of their lands as she asked. "Don't you wanna find out what's out thereeee?" she whined softly. There were things to learn and places to explore, why did everyone want to keep her locked up..