soaking in scenery
[html]

.......Smile Beast's Grin Peninsula.

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......Today, Hemming ventured out to the west. It was quicker to the sea this way, and the male had reached the shore before the sun was finished rising. The tide was out, and he made his way over the gritty sand to a ridge of rocks, choosing his footing carefully to avoid stepping on the creatures that scuttled in the shallow pools of water. Hermit crabs seemed to be the most abundant, and as he sat down on the small peninsula he watched two of them do battle for a particularly nice shell. They tugged back and forth, both wearing their own shells that were obviously outgrown, and the wolf found himself cheering for the bigger guy; he needed a new home more. The battle was a stalemate, and the two crabs scuttled off into a maze of stones and sand.

.......The beach floor was bursting with life and little dramas, and the boy continued to observe with interest. The shells the crabs wore looked similar to those worn by snails, something quite interesting indeed. Leaning down across his knees, he reached to pick up a small shell. He held it up to his eyes and peered inside - nobody home - before turning it around in his fingers, studying the sworl of pink around its cream-coloured top and the strange way in which it was chipped at the bottom. The salty wind ruffled his fur gently, and seagulls started squawking. He turned around to see what all the commotion was about, and only then did he recognize the immense beauty in the scene. These lands was glorious.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/vazzi/bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hey! *giant post* Tongue

W.C.: 597

Attila was trying to map the tribelands again. He tried thousands of times when he was younger, but his mind -and height- didn't allow him to have a good prespective of the world around him. Now, his growth in an acelerated rate and his legs taking his farter and faster along the territories, and turning him taller and taller, he was doing great. He was making an spiral moviment around the lands, from the almost center of the tribelands, to the boarders, which he was getting closer and closer.

The salt water scent, the seagulls' screams and the waves' crushing sounds indicated he was getting near the sea, more precisely, from Beast's Grin Peninsula. The boy had heard the mother complaining about him and -or- Oce adventuring near the sea, without an adult around. He never payed much attention at those warnings and advises. He always wanted to see the sea, but not while he was so... small. Now, that he was in the 5-months age, he knew how to swim and all, and could go around the lands more. That was a well-known territory for him: the pale boy had already been in these shore many times, and knew the best places to walk upon, without unpleasant things getting on his growing white paws. That was a shore he could call "his". He did called "his". After all, no one came here before and claimed it. Therefore, it was his. If anyone stepped in this shore without his permission, it would have to face his wrath.

In a scamp, nearly rogue way of trotting, the Aston male watched the seagulls float above his head. It must be a beautiful view from up there, he would bet. Nearing to a natural rock "dock", he sat near a salt pool, and stared the Hermit crabs fighting. He laughed with that evil grin in his face, hoping to see one of them very hurt and, luckly, a spit of blood. As he was easily bored by those banal miracles of life, unlike Noir, he kept with his mapping, finding ways to reconize rocks, trees and other stuff that couldn't be removed by nature -or other forces- that simply.

Whenever, he looked forward, to avoid tripping or falling. He did iyonce, with only a glance to find tricky material in front of him, he noticed that he weasn't alone there. That wolf was new there, as the pale boy hadn't ever seen him before. That wasn't right. It was his view! His little secret place! The bully kid wasn't going to let it be. A light snarl formed in his face, his white-spotted back's fur rose up, in a dominant, agressive way. His legs moved heavily through the sand to the strange male. A growl to call his attention, and as an warning. "Who are you, and what are you doing in my shore?" he asked, a moody tone in his voice. The s soundes was coming everytime more easily, and that was being a relief for the boy. He wasn't that willing to face a life of exchanging the ss for fs.

Looking directly on the stranger's eyes, his grayish-blue ones were frowning. He was the boss, and no one would push him off his shore. It was his shore, for crying out loud! The only ones he allowed here was his sistersm which barely came here. Noir was afraid of water, and Oce was always behind her, trying to take the octopus plushie, Toefur. Claudius wouldn't even come here, knowing the bully brother was there. He was all alone in his shore.

[/html]
[html]

.......Haha, I like Attila already! XD

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......Hemming continued to watch the view out from the peninsula, the gulls diving and soaring together as they searched for a fish to snatch from the water. He was lost in the moment, truly, and his body jolted when he heard a fierce growl. He turned around and scrabbled across the rocks a bit before finding his feet and standing up. It was a young wolf, and he was obviously not pleased with the newcomer's presence on the shore.

.......Calmly, but with his heart still racing and a little dizzy from standing up so quickly, the wolf addressed the other's first question. "Hi... I'm Hemming. I'm new to the AniWaya tribe and... uh," the wolf furrowed his eyebrows a bit and looked up. This business had caught him off guard. "I'm just admiring the scenery." Hemming cast an uneasy glance to the young wolf before him to see if that would soothe him a bit.

.......The tall gray wolf was not the strongest creature, and he was aware of this. A fleeting thought made him wonder if he'd be able to hold off this wolf if it became necessary. For now, he'd try to rely on his words to get himself out of this situation. He could understand the other's consternation; Hemming was new here, and he had never seen this wolf. Perhaps he thought that he was an intruder that would have to be evicted. Hopefully explaining that he was in fact a tribesmate of this young wolf would quell his anger.

.......If the angry pup did indeed want these lands all to himself, Hemming might have a problem. Would this call for a lesson in sharing? These two wolves were of the same tribe and they'd have to learn to get along eventually. Perhaps it was just a phase. The gray wolf could not remember his own youth but he was sure he had urges and outbreaks like this. The other may have been lucky he was still young; Hemming would not tolerate something like this from an adult.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/vazzi/bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
He is something, isn't he? XD
Tiny post 'cause I've gotta go out Tongue

Attila smiled his evil grin, the one that was his identity, his very being, to see the strange wolf startled with his growl. He had praticed that growl quite a bit to get this way. He only didn't like the way he talked, although it was in a calm tone. Nothing was good enough for him, at least not right now. He had trespassed, and he'd pay the bill for such vile sacrilege.

Keeping with the agressive position, he said, demanding and authoritary, like Dawali had been when he tricked him at the river. He laughed inside with those memories. Making up a plan in his head, he made it look like it was real. "Well, Hemming," a petulant tone in his voice, mostly while saying the male's name. Essential to form the annoying part of the phrase... "you may not know, but this is my shore! No one comes here without my written permission. Even to 'admire the scenery'" he said, snob and poorly faking his voice while quoting his answer. On propouse, of course. He didn't know how to write, but he knew that a written permission was something important and formal. "You trespassed, and trespassers will not be allowed. Unless..." he gave a break to create a suspense in the air, and made a musing face, looking to the sky. "...you do something for me..." he finished, letting it sink in the conversation. He had learned it was of a supreme importance to let the other one ask "What is it?", otherwise it wouldn't be that effective. Persuasion was an art, and an art you had to learn all alone. His 5 months of life and trainning persuasion were worthing it, as even his siblings were more sensitive to his whims.

[/html]
[html]

.......<3 That's hardly tiny! Tongue

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......If Hemming was more confident in his physical ability, he might have thought that all of this was quite amusing. The younger wolf before him had a malicious grin crinkling his lips, and though many other pups would not be able to pull something like this off without looking ridiculous, the wolf did seem a little scary. How did someone this young get to be like this? It was quite odd, but the older male passed up the thought that this was real to assume that it was a guise, some character he found it fun to pretend he was. He was awfully convincing, Hemming would give him that. Just a few more years, though, and he might become truly psychotic. As the old human saying went, his face would stick like that.

.......Was a wolf this young who spent all his time being a thug able to write, anyways? Would he be able to read written permission? By the way that the other paused in very dramatic places, Hemming was beginning to catch on; it almost certainly was a rouse. Two could play at that game! Feeling a little sad that he didn't still have his backpack and books around - perhaps he would've been able to show the other a piece of paper and pass it off as written permission from Dawali or some imaginary important person, which would have been funny to at least make the other a little more angry - he raised an eyebrow and tipped his head a little, looking at the other.

.......At the other's prompting, Hemming did what he figured was the next line in the script and said, "Oh? And what is that?" First, Hemming would have to determine that the other was not truly psycho and that he wasn't in danger of having his throat torn out, and then he would feel free and quite content playing this little game. It had been a long time since he had exercised this particular way of thinking.

[/html]
[html]

Mwahaha, Attila playing the perverse kid XDDD

The newbie was getting into his little trap like an innocent fish the pale boy knew he was. The grown-up was even more innocent than Attila was when he was only two months old. 'Pathetic!', the malicious boy thought, laughing inside for the older male's words. Kind of stupid the way the male pretended to play along with him. It was rather obvious that Hemming was trying to follow the evil genius. That was an unwise act. Although the Aston boy hadn't got the strengh to physically hurt the male, he could do it emotionally, as he usually do with bigger opponents than himself.

He made a musing face again, like before, but forced a low "Hmmm...", to create even more tension. "Well...You can...No, it's too mean to say. No, I can't make you do that." he said, half talking to himself, with an intensity in the voice like it was really very horrible to say. So malignant... "Oh, no, that would be completely intolerable to ask a newcomer to do..." a pause, just to place one paw in the muzzle, like to think of something else but that "Unless... unless you can take it, such a terrible task." he said, the drama in his voice getting to be more than enough. As if he cared.

He waited to the male's next line, which should be something like "Oh, of course I can take it! Tell me!", etc. So silly the untamed curiosity. He learned it by Noir's and Oce's experiences. They were so stupid to got outside to discover new things, and having to take the consequences. Sometimes like a twisted ankle or an insect bite. That's why he prefered to let other animals alone and explore only the ambient around him. Much safer, in his mind, although it wasn't so different from his sister's. At least, they lived, unlike Claudius, that still prefered to stay in the den, under mother's wings. Coward.

[/html]
[html]

.......XDD he's hilarious

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......It was funny the way the other wolf seemed to have a dialogue going in his head. Or, perhaps, it was a discussion involving the angel perched on one shoulder and the demon perched on the other. Hemming hid his amusement, trying hard not to crack a smile and make a joke. Where this could be going was really quite an intriguing thought, but the older wolf did not want to step exactly in the trap that was laid out for him. Even if this was a game, that might make the other think he was smarter than he truly was. An ego like that could lead to problems later in life. Also, Hemming didn't want this little guy bullying him forever just because he had decided to humour him.

.......Hemming stroked his chin and looked at the other with a gaze that suggested that he was deep in thought. "No, I don't think I'd like to do the terrible one. Do you have a task for me that's just bad? Or maybe one that's merely unpleasant?" He was sure that he'd get smacked around for his sarcastic response, but the gray wolf was beginning to be sure that this youngster was all talk. Perhaps by sneaking beneath his sensational words he would be able to undermine him.

[/html]
[html]

Not anymore >XD

I'll meantion Ghostly Hollow, as it's already an sub-territory of AniWaya

The male asked for a milder test. Attila wasn't expecting for it, but it was, still, a predictable move. Silly newbie... He made that musing face again, but made it look as a deep thought moment. He liked to hear his mother sighting when he made that face, as he was thinking of what she just said. The only thing was that he wasn't even remembering of what she sais. Sometimes, he barely payed attention to her. And she knew he wasn't payig attention. It was a fun game for him. Even a pastime, for when he in one of those multiples time-outs.

"Well... I think there is one..." he said, and mused to the skies once more, before laying his eyes on the grown-up male. In his eyes, more precisely. A depp, burning stare. His cold, soul-and-heartless grayish blue eyes piercing the man's eyeballs. That look with his evil grin was, definitely, a mad psycho face.

And, don't matter how weird it could be or sound, he loved that glare. The way other people reacted to it was fun for him. When they flinched, felt a chill, eyes popped out, cold sweated, and even whinned... he felt that wave of inner peace and warm. It made his day, to know others feared him. Fear was power, at least in his mind.

"You'll have to pass through a courage test in..." one more pause, longer now, to make tension grow thicker in the air between the two wolves. "... Ghostly Hollow!" he finally spoke, a daring tone in his voice, an a dramatic pose, to finish the scene. If there was anyone else with them, they would gasp, in horror and shock. He knew the secrets of Ghostly Hollow. Filled with old, human bones, dark as a winter night, ice cold. He knew the stories. Only the ones that knew every inch of that labyrinth could have a chance. It was tricky, and anyone who entered it, never came back. Him and Oce thought they would be lucky to find a canine skeleton there, but Noir ran and told their mother. They got a week trapped in the den. Trying not to shake the head to forget that memory, he came back to reality.

"Are you strong enough to take my dare?" he asked, daring him. It was missing a last phrase for the dare to be effective. "Or are you just a scarred chicken?" he said, a petulant tone. He started then, to pretend being a chicken, dancing around the grown-up. It made the dare more keen to work.

[/html]
[html]

.......;D

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......Oh, this youngster was putting on quite a show. He would be great as some emboldened prince in a play. Assuming he wasn't actually this horrible, anyways. If he really was, Hemming didn't want to have much to do with him at all. The boy was from AniWaya, though, and the older wolf would probably have to get used to him. He wondered if his mother would approve of his behaviour. Hemming would interpret it, for now, as all in good fun.

......."Alright," he said, "I think I can take that. You'll have to show me where Ghostly Hollow is, though." Hemming watched the youngster dance around him, imitating a chicken, and tried not to raise an eyebrow in bemusement. Instead, the gray wolf simply watched, trying to contain his very confused thoughts.

.......The older wolf knew that he had the disadvantage, in that he had no clue what this Ghostly Hallow was. Also, since he didn't know where it was, he wasn't exactly sure if he'd be able to get back. The male's sense of direction was tragically lacking. Hopefully it wouldn't be easy to get lost in this place; Hemming mourned about not having string he could trail behind him. His fears were getting too far ahead of him, though; he'd wait for the other to dictate his fate. If it was really necessary, Hemming would probably be able to outrun the other. He would be a chicken for the rest of his life, but hey, if that's what it came down to Hemming wouldn't put his life on the line just to avoid a very embarrassing reputation.

[/html]
[html]

They're still on their way, still time for Hemming to rethink his actions DX

Attila stopped pretending being a chicken right when the male spoke. What a fool! He really don't know AniWaya enough to know how really dangerous it was. He laughed, that evil grin in his face. A maniac laughter.

he stopped all of a sudden, the evil grin still there. "Aye, then! Follow me..." he said, and went toward the woods, away from the beach, and to the male's doom.

He knew that they were getting closer and closer. The pale boy could feel that warm chill crossing his body, that sensation of satisfaction that came right before he bulliedor tricked someone. A dangerous trick it was. It didn't matter, the male accepted it, and he couldn't be blamed if he was so persuasive. His prey was weak-minded, if not weak physically as well. He'd need strenght for what was about to come...

[/html]
[html]

.......If Attila tells him to go down the labyrinth-like pathways in Ghostly Hollow, Hemming will definitely back down. ;D

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......This was starting to get a little tiresome. Hemming didn't really want to pass any courage test, and didn't really want to entertain this wretched little brute any longer. He was, just moments ago, enjoying quite a nice time on the beach, watching hermit crabs as they scuttled around and basking in the light the sun was giving away. With a sigh, he complied to the young wolf's command, following him off the lovely beach to a doom that he wasn't fully certain of.

.......As far as he could tell, the two of them were just walking around Serena Reserve. Walking with a purpose, certainly, but Hemming definitely wouldn't have guessed that they were getting close to the notorious Ghostly Hollow. How terrifying would this actually be? Once they got there, the male would assess the danger and then make a decision. He wouldn't put his life on the line for the sake of this little runt's games.

[/html]
[html]

Oh, I see: rightwhat I was planning ¬___¬

That newbie fool was naive as well. Just a few yards separated them from Attila's deadly trick. He knew that he could be expeled from the pack, or even be guilty of murder, and be killed. No, he wasn't going to let himself be killed. He'd run away, with whatever chances of scaping alive he could get. The pale boy couldn't outrun a horse, not even an adult, but he'd try.

The sudden sight of the entrance of Ghostly Hollow made those thoughts run away. Finally, the male's doom was very, very close. The boy turned his back to the labyrith-like pathways, and faced Hemming. "Here we are... Ghostly Hollow. And here is your test: get inside, and fetch back the skull of another canine for me." the bully kid told the grown-up the instructions. If he did got any chance of bringing back a bone of another wolf -or coyote, whatever-, Oce, Noir and Claudius won't believe in their eyes. The Aston boy could imagine their faces. What a bunch of suckers!

[/html]
[html]

.......The entrance to the place that Hemming would meet his doom was partially hidden. The male probably wouldn't have noticed it the first couple of times that he passed by it by himself. He listened to what the young wolf said, couldn't resist raising an eyebrow this time, and parted the tall grass with his hands to peer down into the cave. It took his eyes a few moments to adjust, but the mottled, yellowing skulls arranged along the walls and ceilings were visible enough. There seemed to be a main cavern, which the bones decorated, and a myriad of pathways that branched away. Very, very interesting indeed.

.......For a moment he forgot about the little brute behind him. His mind reeled and his mouth was a little agape as he tried to figure out what purpose this room could have served. What would probably give the best indication was whether or not the skulls belonged to enemies or to friends. Was this a burial ground, or a room full of gruesome trophies?

.......Remembering the other's request, he took a quick scan for any irregular skulls. Pulling his head out to address the little wolf, he said, "Looks like all human skulls, to me." Hemming would like to investigate, but it would probably be best to come back with a torch or lantern of some sort, and maybe something he could use to avoid getting lost if he were to wander into the tunnels. He wondered how he could get rid of his little bully; he definitely didn't want to go in the tunnels, but he didn't want this kid to feel like he had the upper hand, either. Perhaps he was lucky, in a way, for this hold-up, because it would have taken him forever to find this place by himself. It was creepy all right, but that feeling was overcome by intrigue. Just to get the monkey off his back!

[/html]
[html]

--

The male conplained about only human skulls. Of course it looked like it only had human skulls! "It's because you haven't look closer... or farter!" he said, an arrogant tone in his voice. That newbie was such an idiot!

Attila knew that he'd get the best over Hemming. There was no way out. Either the male went inside deeper, and would never be seen before, or he give up of the pale boy's quest, and Attila would be able to call him "chicken" for the rest of his life inside the pack.

[/html]
[html]

.......Hemming sighed. "Alright." Perhaps he could get rid of this youngster if he just took a step inside. So, he pressed himself through the entrance and stood inside for a moment, before moving to the side so the other couldn't seen him from the outside. It was a lot more eerie once you were actually surrounded; the skulls stared out from all directions like hollowed, starving masks. The humans had taken such care in the way they arranged the skulls, and they seemed to be in fairly good shape. Probably a burial ground for their own, then. Who knew if they were buried with their dogs.

.......One thing was certain, though. There were bits and pieces of animals strewn across the ground and coated with a stifling layer of bone dust. Hemming tried hard not to breathe too much, and also avoided moving his feet where he stood in case he would kick up any of the dust. It probably wouldn't be too good for one's lungs.

.......The youngster was waiting outside; perhaps he was afraid to come in? Feigning excitement in his voice, Hemming called back, "Hey, come here, I think I found one," The male gazed at a point in the ceiling, very curious about what the response would be. Hopefully there would still be some childish fears nestled deep in the other's mind that would prevent him from coming in.

[/html]
[html]

Better Hemming don't doubt of what Attila is capable of... mwahahaha!

Attila was getting impatient. The male had barely entered the dangerous cave and he seemed to have alreayd found one. The male tilted his head and tried to understand if it would be a trap or not. What if the male wanted to trap the pale boy inside that labyrinth? No, he wouldn't let himself get trapped!

The boy approached the entrance, ears, eyes and nose attent to anything out of normal -if there was anything normal in that place. The precare light still let him find where the male was. Luckily, he didn't look like he preternded to trap him. Good for him. The newbie couldn't grasp what the young bully could do.

He entered, but saw no canine skull. "So, where is it? Don't try to joke with me!" the young male warned.

[/html]
[html]

.......XD

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......The youngster came in. That was a little disappointing; Hemming was hoping that he wouldn't. Looking at him through a floating layer of dust, he replied, "Ah, you got me, I was just joking." The older male fixed the bully with a stern stare. It was too bad that there wasn't a very obvious canine skull attached to the wall or lying around. He didn't want to crawl on his knees and pick around at the animal pieces on the floor. From what he could gather, it was doubtful, anyways, that there would be dogs strewn around. Such companions were usually more highly respected, and wouldn't be left so unceremoniously exposed. If there was a skull close in here, it would probably be of a canine or wolf that got trapped and died... like Hemming might, if he let himself get bold enough to go into the tunnels.

......."Really, though, I don't think I'm going to find anything without a torch. And I am not going into those tunnels without a way to find my way out. Sorry to disappoint." The male cast his gaze around the room some more. The work that had been put into getting all the skulls on the wall was phenomenal. "Maybe we could come back some day though, you and I? We could bring a torch and some string so we don't get lost, and explore those tunnels. I think it would be fun." Perhaps if Hemming got the youngster interested in this idea, he would just let him go for the day. He fully intended to keep this promise, too, were it accepted.
[/html]
[html]

--

Attila frowned in dissaproval to tha male for his joke. The pale boy wasn't joking around. He was serious! And got even more grumpy when that funny ass told him that he wasn't going any farther. "He gotta be kidding me!", he thought.

The male suggested them coming back again. Well, the bully boy wasn't going to forget that at all! He turned around and went back to the exit, whispering to himself: "Chicken!" The growing pup didn't care at all if the other male could hear him or not. This time, he'd trick him!

The pale boy hid in the bushes that hid the entrance, waiting for the male to get out. That recalled when he attacked Dawali, throwing him at the river. Priceless!

[/html]
[html]

.......Hemming merely watched as the other stormed out. Was that it? Was the old guy off the hook? A curse of some sort was uttered as he left, but that was to be expected. From now on, the gray male would be refered to as "Chicken." If this youngster had any sway with any other young tribesmembers, there might be a whole generation of wolves calling him by this nickname. Ah, well. The chicken was a noble beast!

.......Free to go, but still feeling a little wary from the whole encounter, Hemming lingered in the catacombs for a while. It was absolutely fascinating, and perhaps this ordeal was made up for by the discovery. Mentally, he made a list of what to bring for the next time: string, and a lantern or a torch, whatever he could get his hands on or make. Also, this little bully, if he wanted to go with a chicken. Realizing that he didn't know where to find his assaulter or even what his name was, he started towards the entrance to the cave, calling out, "Hey, boy! What's your name?" Once he had stepped out of the cave, it seemed like the kid was already gone.

[/html]
[html]

--

Attila waited and watched, hidden in the grass, as his poor prey got out of the dungeons, calling out for him, for his name. How pityfull... That poor fella had no idea what was prepared for him! The pale boy shoke slightly his raised bump, getting set to attack.

His white legs ran toward the male's back. The pale boy supported his weight in the hind legs, his front paws passing the force of the race to the lower back of the male. It was more than enough to make him fall down. So it happened, the male fell down like a tree, and the bully kid just trotted, with an ironic smile in his face. He walked upon his fallen prey, sitting in his upper back, the white tail wagging gladly of the well-done job, a triumphant pose. He looked forward, his head straightened in a proud way. It felt good, to hunt down a prey
"We are even." he said, the head still erect. He lowered his glare to the chicken. "Attila Aston." the boy introduced simply. There was no need of extra words, at least for him. He just kept staright, enjoying that good sensation.

[/html]