Skeleton Me, Love don't Cry
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
just one please, and a CD member would be preferred.

There was something wrong with her. It was obvious. But still she could not find what it was. Was it the way she looked? The way her hair fell heavily passed her shoulders, or could it have been her height. No, as much as she disliked how large she had become Mati was sure that it was something inside that was wrong. She felt different, off since coming home from the nights in the city. But before then she had been happy, and had the prospect of a content future. And now, as she pulled at the bandages that were wrapped tightly around her arms, she wasn’t so sure about that.

The knowledge that her brother would no longer call Crimson Dreams home was heart breaking. She knew that he needed something more, he needed something different in order to find himself, but she had hoped to be part of that discovery. They had always been best friends, and now they were not even pack mates. It was a harsh reality to live with, and as hard as she tried she could not make it disappear as she had all of those other things that she ignored. Her mother’s break up, the attack by the wolf on the boarder, her father’s history and what he had done to her birth mother. All of that could be pushed deep into her mind, forgotten, even the attack that left evidence all up and down her arms could be looked over, even if it was for the briefest of moments.

The black wolf, whose white collar shone in her memory like a fallen halo, haunted the recesses of her mind. He plagued her dreams, and she would wake unable to breath. The attack on her lungs was just another reminder of the pain and trauma inflicted. It was what kept her up, sitting in the middle of the large front room of the mansion. A few candle flickered, keeping the dark and the nightmares at bay. The girl held her sketchpad, and the picture she drew was one that depicted a scene that was completely opposite her feelings. It was lightly sketched, featuring a tree, and a pair of her favored prey. Their delicate legs flowing and melting with the whisking blades grass they stood among. She prayed and wished for the tranquility of the picture to flow up through hand and into the battered arm that held her pencil.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pupban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

The mansion in Crimson Dreams was covered by the shadows of the night. Savina, Kansas, and their children were snuggled up inside the den room, sound asleep. The moon peered through the window, bathing the little family in pale light. The dark mother stirred, emerald orbs flitting open lazily. Her mouth opened wide in a yawn, the moonlight glinting off her pearly fangs. She didn't know what had woke her, but she knew that it would be a while before she would be able to fall back asleep. Carefully she rose to her feet, careful not to disturb her mate or children. Amata had been leaning heavily on her and rolled onto her back, but the pup did not wake. A soft smile lit her features. How she loved them all. Cambria was cuddled up close to Kansas' head and Gotham had been wedged between his two parents.

She took careful, quiet steps to the door. It was latched and opening it in her lupine form would cause more noise than she wanted. Eyes closed as she concentrated on shifting to her bipedal form. The change came faster and easier these days. Even after the months of never shifting out of her four-legged body. She stood up, wavy raven hair fall across her back. The woman opened the door and slipped outside, closing it behind her. One delicate hand reached up to brush the bangs from her eyes and she noted that she was not the only member up at such late hours. Candlelit flickered in the main room and she walked down the hall to see who it was.

The Lt. General found Mati sitting up with a sketchpad of some sort, a picture on the white page. It was so weird to think that they were old enough to shift now. Savina remembered when they were the same size as her own children. "Hello Mati," she said softly, hoping she wouldn't startle her. The older wolfess moved to sit next to her and jeweled orbs gazed at what her niece had created. "That's beautiful. You have a talent." It was then she noticed the bandages on her arms. Concern flooded her eyes and she looked to her face. "Mati, what happened?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
oh wow, that was fast. Thanks so much for joining, and you’re a wonderful writer…. :]

To distract her mind Mati began the shading that would make the deer of her picture come to life. The male stood just before the doe, his antlers uncharacteristically large for the time of years she depicted. No they would not have a set so large in spring, but it was what she wanted and so she created it. It was what she liked most about painting and drawing, the power and control she had over the contents and the subjects of her art. Even if it didn’t end up as accurate or beautiful as she hoped, she had still made it. The silence of the room, and the dark that surrounded her candle flames was deafening and overpowering but calm all simultaneously. It frightened her, but slowly she was growing numb to the fear. She had seen her death, accepted it just nights before. What would she have to fear in her own house?

A noise startled her, even with her new confidence and courage. She paused, eyes still looking downward at her paper. Closing her eyes softly the female took in her surroundings with the rest of her senses. There was no unfamiliar smell, just the comfort of home filling her nose. The sound against the floorboards was light, the weight of someone lighter then she. It brought a new sense of ease to her mind, enough that purple eyes could open and look to the one that approached. Finding the form a black wolf in the dark shook her, but it was easy to recover when she saw her aunt standing before her. Mati could even smile, though concern was written on her face. Had she woke her? The words weren’t expected, and Mati looked down at the paper, her smile turning to a little grin. Thanks Auntie. her voice was soft, happy to feel the warmth of her compliment.

She looked away at her next words, unsure of how to tell the story of what happened. But she had been reluctant to tell even her mother, how could she tell Savina without admitting her foolishness. Mati kept silent for many moments, debating on which details to include and which to keep hidden. I found out that Haven isn’t coming home, so I hid in the university. Mati paused, finding that it was her brother that was being made the wrong doer, she tried to fix that. And I shouldn’t have been there, and I know it. There was a wolf, and he attacked me. But Onus came, he saved my life. He saved her from being raped, a realization that had occurred while she lay alone, replaying that attack over in her head as she fought to sleep. She hadn’t known, hadn't been able to believe that such things could happen to her. But they happened to her own mother, and did that make her more susceptible? Momma took care of me. She meekly reassured her Aunt that nothing had been forgotten, though the pain of it was being relived and shown deeply in her body.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pupban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I <3 you :3 300+

The girl seemed a bit shaken. Had a nightmare or something woken her? Savina knew how that could be. It hadn't happened in a very long time, but after her mother had died the scenes had haunted her nights. Her smiled widened as Mati called her "auntie". She didn't have any blood relation to the girl, but that didn't matter really. She had always considered her a niece, just as she considered Nani a sister. The drawing was quite good. She hadn't any idea that Mati had these talents. Sometimes she found herself wishing that she had been able to shift growing up and learn things like this. To have been able to have Lorenzo teach her more than just English. But she had been happy for the most part. Had a good childhood. That was what really mattered.

As she watched her niece grow silent after he question her mouth had become a straight line. The candlelight made the different shades of green dance in her eyes and made her worry even more apparent. The news about Haven was surprising. She had noticed that he hadn't been around for a while and had been growing concerned. What would cause him to leave Crimson Dreams? Though she knew not to ask Mati such questions. She knew how close she and her brother were. It didn't matter what the reason was, what mattered was that he was leaving. Savina understood that pain well. She had felt it when Ehno had decided to leave their birthpack to travel Europe. Though the news that someone had attacked the girl made her blood run cold for a moment. What kind of creature attacked a young girl? She didn't know who this Onus was, but she was thankful to him. For the life of her niece.

Savina slipped a slender arm around Mati's shoulders. "I'm so glad you're okay sweetie. What...did this wolf look like?" She wasn't going to go out looking for him, she knew how stupid that would be, but if he came around here she wanted to know. "If you're worried about the scars staying visible, they shouldn't. Your fur will grow back over them eventually. See," she said extending her free arm towards her. "Feel my forearm. You can feel them, but you can't see them." She didn't even know if Mati was worried about that, but maybe it would help her feel better. "I know how upsetting it can be to know your brother isn't going to be around all the time anymore. Back in Italy after we turned a year old, Ehno left to go on a trip. I didn't want him to leave, but I knew it was what he wanted and he wouldn't have been happy staying put. I missed him so much, but I just had to remember that it was best for him." She gave the girl a weak smile. "I know nothing can make that pain go away, but that might help. And I'm sure Haven's not going away. He wouldn't leave you behind."

[/html]
[html]
mati needs this. Big Grin, <3 u too

It was hard to talk to her mother about Haven, because then she would have to also recognize the rape and the pain as well as the father that had hurt them all. Maybe Savina would understand? But then, Mati wasn’t sure that she even wanted to say the words. There was obvious concern on her face, and though Mati never wanted to worry anyone she needed the attention of her Aunt. Her soft body fell into the other female. Her Aunt was only an adopted relative, but Mati was not a stranger to having relatives that held no blood connection. Her second mother was nothing more then a wolfess that loved her, and that was more then enough for the girl. Everyone was family here, and her hungry heart devoured those connections eagerly and held tight to those she loved. Her words were an extra blanket of comfort, though the question was still unsettling. But she described the attacker, Black coated, he almost looked like a magpie. With a ring of white around his neck and shoulders. But he was no bird, and held the weight o a wolf the size of Jazper. He had black eyes. And he was devote, soft spoken and to her humiliation... tempting.

She was quiet then, listening as Savina spoke of her own scars. Feeling the uneven skin under the soft fur of her slender arm Mati did feel a bit of relief. It would take time, but maybe her arms would heal. Savi spoke of Ehno, and how they hadn’t always been together. Mati felt a longing to be near her brother, but at the same moment she understood why he needed to be gone. There was a part of her that wanted to be gone too. She looked to the soft smile, and gave her own. I want him to be happy. Of course she did, but there was so much of her that wanted to be part of the things that made his life important. And she couldn’t help but feel left behind, as if he didn’t want to be part of all the things that would make her life one of significance. You found each other though… They were together again, and Mati knew that she and Haven had separate destinies. She wasn’t ready to absorb that fact completely. Haven promised to stay close, its momma... its what happened thats torn him apart. Eyes would not look at the midnight wolfess, but Mati knew the look that would be on her face.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
300+

She was glad that Mati felt comfortable enough to talk about this with her. Savina knew how important it was to talk things over when something traumatic had happened to you. Perhaps that was why it had taken her so long to begin the healing process after he mother's death. Until she had come to Twilight Vale and spoken with it to Naniko, she hadn't said a word of what had happened to anyone. It had just been eating away inside of her and she hadn't had any support net to catch her and help her through it. She listened to the description of Mati's assailant and stored it in her memory. She couldn't imagine someone with pure black eyes. This wolf sounded terrifying. If she saw him around Crimson Dreams she would raise the alarm and they would face him with their full strength. "He can't hurt you while you're here. We won't let him."

The fingers of the arm that was wrapped about her niece gently stroked the fur of her shoulder. "I know you do. I know how conflicted you must feel. You want the best for them, yet you don't want them to be far from you." The bond between a brother and sister was something special. Something that you couldn't really understand unless you knew it firsthand. "Yes we did. But for a very long time I thought I might never see him again. It was a happy accident that we both ended up here and everyday I'm thankful for it. But even if he did not live in this pack and still lived in this area I would be happy." She wasn't trying to scold Mati for wanting her brother in Crimson Dreams and her tone held no such hint. It was only natural for her to want him as close as possible.

Then the reason for Haven's absence became abundantly clear. Savina had no idea how he had found out. She hadn't told him and was certain no one else in the pack would have. But that didn't matter. He knew now, and so did Mati and they had to learn to deal with the ugly truth of their sire. "I can't imagine how hard that must be for him...and you." The femme had huge problems with her own father, but even he hadn't done something so despicable. Poor Haven even looked like Conri. Though she had never seen that man she hated when she looked at the boy. He was too good.

[/html]
[html]

She did feel safe, while inside the walls of the manor. But then she had thought the classroom was safe too, but that place was tainted now. Its floors covered with her, and the monsters blood. Mati wanted her home to stay as sacred as she believed it was, no spilled blood, no monsters. She did believe that they would stop him, they were powerful when together and even she could fight while beside the pack. Their numbers would be strength and even the dark couldn’t match such a thing. I know that. She spoke with a small smile, reassuring Savina that she felt the security that she and her mothers fought for daily.

Fingers felt the binding of the sketch book as her Aunt spoke, talking of Haven. And it was all true, the happiness that she hoped to feel for him. She wanted to be happy too, but she was also having second thoughts on whether she could find it within their pack. Mati wanted to, desperately. But there was doubt. I want to be happy for him, its so hard for him to be away. And then I worry, and try to be happy all at the same moment... How could she even try, Mati thought while looking down at the tight wrappings around her arms. She couldn’t expect to find that now, she would have to wait. She would have to find patience. She would have to heal.

Mati could only become the victim, and that was a hard realization and reality to face. She had been close to it, and it frightened her far more now. But, Haven… His fear was greater, to could become the thing that she feared. It was impossible, but she could not instill that truth in him, he would have to find it. He has to do this, but it hurts so much. Mati concluded, no matter how right it was, it hurt. The girl took a deep breath, looking to the other femme in the eye and recognized the comfort that was filtering into her body. She smiled, a new trust in the knowledge that the future was going to be painful and hard. But that she had support.

Looking down, Mati touched her Aunt's arm lightly. Where did you get your scars? Maybe someday someone would ask her the same question, Mati wondered if she would tell the truth.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
500+

She nodded quietly as Mati stated that she knew she was safe here. That was incredibly important to the Lt. General. What kind of pack were they if even the youngest members didn't feel safe within their borders? She had endangered their security once, and still sometimes cursed herself for her stupidity. Yet thankfully nothing had ever happened. Perhaps the coyote had never told his superiors about the run in. Still, she knew better than to go anywhere near Inferni. The risk of running into Hybrid again was far too great and she had so much to lose. She couldn't do that to the pack. Most importantly she couldn't do that to her children or Kansas.

The words her niece spoke could have come from her own mouth two years ago. Ehno had been going through his own sort of personal crisis, though nothing quite so bad as the Aatte boy. They had never had a father or a father figure. While Amata had done more than any of them could have asked for, it had taken a toll on Ehno. He had left to find himself and to figure his life out. Savina had understood, but had worried about his safety. Who knew what kind of dangers lurked outside their little corner of the world? "I understand exactly what you're feeling. It may take a while, but eventually you'll find a balance and be able to go on with your life without worrying too much. Though you'll always worry some," she said with a smile.

The dark woman could only imagine how much it hurt for Haven to separate himself from his home and his family. He had loved this place, you only had to look at the light in his eyes to see that. Then there was his family. His bond with Mati was unbelievably close and she knew he loved both Anu and Naniko with all his heart. He was traveling a tough road, though he would come out of it for the better. She had faith in that. "I know it does, and I know it has to hurt him to. He wouldn't decide to do something like this lightly. He must feel like he has to do this." None of this would make the hurt go away, but maybe it would help her to understand.

Savina sighed lightly at her niece's question. "I did something very foolish." She had been in much worse shape than Mati after that incident, both physically and emotionally. Or maybe the younger girl was just better at hiding her pain. "A coyote from Inferni did awful things to a good friend of mine. When I found out I was so angry and went after the coyote. I don't remember what all happened, but I was hurt pretty bad. My friend found me and distracted the coyote, otherwise I might not have made it home." She had come close to death that day and had risked throwing away everything she held dear.

[/html]
[html]

Mati hadn’t thought that anyone would understand. Of course her mothers would be upset about Haven, but it was different for them. Children were expected to venture out, and knowing how he felt about their father would be different for them too. Maybe even more painful. Savi’s advice was something that Mati could take to heart. She spoke of time, and patience that Mati had yet to master. She knew how it hurt, and she knew Haven almost as well as Mati did. The things she said only reiterated what she believed herself, but she needed to hear them. Needed to know that they were true. But till Mati could not speak of it any more, and needed to let them sink into her skull and settle. She was glad her question had changed the subject, even if for just a moment.

Mati listened in silence, picturing her aunt facing a fierce coyote. It was hard to see the black wolfess pitted against any beast, Mati had always known her to be a gentle soul. She was a kind leader, and a loving mother. The girl knew nothing about her rage, and only understood that she was protective but did not know what lengths she would go to keep the pack safe. It all sounded like the foolishness Mati had exhibited the night before, I was foolish too. I had been warned, and didn’t listen. If I hadn’t been found, I wouldn’t have made it home either. Mati paused, looking up at the dark furred woman’s face. I want to be strong, but I don’t know when if I’ll ever not be afraid. Her voice was weak, but it held the desire what thing she spoke of. Was Savina afraid of the coyote that she had fought? Mati didn’t even have the courage to ask.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]
300+

Savina would miss having the Aatte boy around as well. Nowhere near as much as Mati was going to miss him, or his mothers, but a good deal. He had always brought a certain light to matters. He had been so happy and delightful to have around that she could already feel the effects of his departure. But if it was what he needed then it needed to be this way. She couldn't even begin to image what he was going through. Not only finding out what his father had done but knowing how much he resembled that man. It was no doubt a very serious personal crisis for him. While it was difficult for everyone, she could understand his need to figure things out on his own. Otherwise he might never truly forge his own path in life.

Her problems were a shock to anyone that knew her. Anger and aggressiveness were the opposite of what she was at all other times. She was kind and soft hearted. There was a strength beneath that softness, but still that wouldn't prepare anyone for what she could become. Not even her. The woman had faced her demon and ever since had been able to keep it under control. She hoped that it would never show itself again, that she would never have need of it, but deep down in her heart she knew that wasn't the case. There were hopefully many more years ahead of her and the possibilities of not having anything like that happen again were very slim. Savina wondered what Mati meant when she said that she had been warned, but she said nothing. There was no need to dwell on her past mistakes. That would only hold her back instead of moving her forward.

"You can't help being afraid Mati. All creatures fear something or another. But that doesn't mean you can't be strong. You just can't let your fears rule you. As long as you can move on with your life and not let the things that scare you keep you from living then you'll be strong." It was the strength of the spirit that mattered, and she knew that her niece had a strong spirit.

[/html]
[html]

There was certainly a difference between talking to the Lt. General and her mothers. Of course she had drowned them in the tears she shed as she spoke of the event, but they had wanted to know much more about her physical condition, about the assailant, and about what truly happened. Savina’s concern was just a bit different. She could speak to her calmly, explain that she understood her feelings and give her the advice she needed to move forward. To move passed her fear. Her mothers had been too panicked to shower her with confidence building words.

Haven had needed to leave in order to face his fear. Living beyond the security that she and their family would bring him would allow him to stand on his own and find that he was truly unlike their father. Not matter how often she told him, there was no way for him to truly know if he did not face it on his own. But unlike her brother, Mati needed her family. She needed to prove that she could stand guard and protect them as they always had her. Maybe in that return, and in that sort of gratitude she would find a way to face her fears.

I hope I can move on. She spoke meekly, but as she leaned more on the other wolfess Mati felt the support that she so whiling gave. I think I can. She spoke with a sigh, she wouldn’t give into the pain that she felt and would pull herself through it no matter what. If she could be here so that she could feel safe as she grew her confidence, Mati would flourish and become strong in every way.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

It was a mother's duty to worry over her children. If they got attacked and hurt, they wanted to know everything. Every little detail. Oftentimes they would get as upset as their child. But that was one of the good things that a pack provided. It provided the youths others to talk to about their problems. Others who could take a more objective view and not get their emotions all riled up. That didn't mean that they didn't care, Savina certainly cared deeply for her niece, it just meant that she was able to give her advice knowing her mothers were doing all they could to remedy the external situation. Hopefully, gods forbid, anything like this happened to her little ones they could receive such comfort from Anu or Naniko or even Mati.

"I know you can Mati. You're strong, like both of your mother's." As she leaned more into her the arm that was wrapped around the girl gave her a squeeze. Naniko had made it through the rape, Mati could without a doubt make it through this. And if she ever felt like she couldn't the pack would be there to help raise her up and get her through it. They really were one big family, a huge safety net to catch anyone that might fall.

[/html]