Now I am in vain
Re-dated to 22nd of June. Someone who she hasn't met yet, plz.

Inside the Old Red, Flayra was on the top floor where the single roof up was. Just on the window, she could see the windmill the the left and the abandoned old human plane. From where she was, she could see that the plane was badly damaged by time and god knows what. Turning back to the windmill, it wasn't much different. Time was decaying it away. Who knows how long before it would tumble down. With the wild flora around it, it looked more a garden than a harvesting mill. However, despite all that, it still looked good.

She flung her legs over to sit on the window edge. Thankfully, the window was bigger than her. If not, well it would be a bong on the head. She gazed out into the field that was going up to the old aircraft. Words from the monster Haku echoed in her mind, going on over and over. It was haunting her. She was trying to hide the pain that these words were causing. It was breaking her inside, that seemed it can not be mended. Her eyes formed droplets of tears that dropped to the ground. She needed someone to relieve her from it. She wanted someone to... hold her. To care for her. Hearing what Haku said, it made her feel unloved.
[html]
Hiya Big Grin. I hope I got the setting right, and she's sitting in an upstairs window? 240 words.

Ares was wandering around a part of Crimson Dreams he hadn't spent much time in before. There was still so much of the lands left to explore; it was huge, bigger than he had imagined a pack territory would be. He meandered up to the nearest building, letting his hand rest against the wall, feeling the texture and marveling at how much more sensitive the palm and fingertips were than the pads on his normal paws. Being shifted was still a novel experience to him; he had only done it a handful a times. The first time was on accident, and it had scared Star too - she hadn't ever met a shifter. But it didn't take long to get used to certain things, like how to walk and stuff. It was still sorta weird, but.. familiar. Like an old glove found balled up in the corner of the drawer, strange to see again but still snug-fitting.

Something fell on his head, and he reached a hand up to brush aside whatever fly or leaf it had been. Instead, another thing dropped. Resting his hand on the top of his shaggy black hair, it felt damp. He glanced up, then backed a few steps away from the building, shifting his hand to shield his eyes from the glaring sun as his green eyes pierced upwards. Yeah, there was someone up there. Crying, it seemed. He frowned, called out: "Are you okay?"
[/html]
Flayra wasn't really saying much. She was blinded by her tears that were formed by her inner pains. She wasn't really paying any attention to anything that was around her. She was like, she was there, but her mind wasn't. She was hidden away in her mind. She was so far in, she wasn't aware of anything. She just let the tears drop down from her eyes down on the ground on the bottom of the barn. Her cheeks felt cold as the gentle blew due to the wetness from her droplets. Her eyes stared down at the ground, seeing beyond it, which was... nothing.

She was nearing that nothing until a voice echoed into her mind, which snapped her back into reality. Her sight showed a figure that was standing under her. She wiped her tears to stop more from falling on him/her. She didn't want to drown him/her. "Yeah, I'm fine." she said, taking out all the tears and sadness. She was such a liar.
[html]
256 words

Ares studied the white figure above, watching her as his voice snapped her back from, well, wherever in her head she had gone. She spoke, and he had a strange impulse to laugh, which he of course repressed. It would have been completely inappropriate. It was just so.. completely and utterly mind-boggling that she would actually have the audacity to claim she was fine when she very obviously not. Instead, he responded simply: "I don't believe you." And then: "I'm coming up."

He tugged open the heavy door, which had been left somewhat ajar, just not wide enough to fit a shifted Luperci. The building was small, and the stairs were easy to locate. Ares took them two at a time; he wasn't in a huge rush, it was just how he preferred it, stairs took too much damn time to climb up otherwise. There were more than he had expected, though, and when he finally came up to the top floor he was panting and a little out of breath from the hurried exertion. Following his nose to the white female and her window perch, he stepped inside the room and pushed his curly dark bangs out of his face; they had decided to dangle in front of his yellow eyes while he was climbing the stairs. Well.. now what? He felt a bit awkward, but persevered in his attempt to figure this out, and maybe help her feel better. "Really now, w-what's wrong?" A hint of his childhood stutter came out sometimes when nervous.

[/html]
Flayra was hesitant when the male said he was coming up. She didn't want to say it to him, but she wanted to someone to comfort her through this. However, she hardly knows this male, she only just seen him down at the doors. She heard the doors creak open, indicating that he was inside. She then shifted her stature to sit herself inside the frame, her back against the left side of the frame and her feet touching the left of the frame. Her arms around her knees as she rested her head on her arms. She had no idea why Haku was the way he was. Of what she knows, it was because the girl was selfish. What was that suppose to mean? She wasn't selfish. He was only blinded by his own beliefs.

When the male came to her floor, she heard his question. She didn't say anything much, she was silent for a few seconds. "I used to be in Dahlia de Mai before I came here. They said I can come back there if things didn't work out here and Crimson Dreams. I thought that they also meant if I came by for a little visit as well. I go back there to say hi, but I get told to get lost. They... lied to me after they showed their kindness and honesty.
[html]
312 words~

She had changed position by the time Ares had made it up; she was sitting on the window-sill in such a fashion so that she could face him, which he certainly appreciated, talking to someone's back was difficult. Dahlia de Mai. One of the other packs in the area. He didn't know how many packs were local - what was the chance that the mentioned pack was the one that haunted Ares' dream? The poignant, flowery scent of the pack to the north-east, the one that was now entwined with his permanent horror of his mother.. Somewhat selfishly (although he felt bad for prioritizing his own concerns when she had worries of her own), he questioned further on the matter: "Which pack is Dahlia de Mai? The one north-east of here?"

He took a few steps further into the room, hopping up to sit on an old, musty bale of hay that was just tall enough for his dangling feet to hover an inch above the floor. The story she told didn't seem actually that traumatic, but obviously it upset her quite a bit, so he probably just didn't understand the whole situation. It was the sort of thing that could lose some of its tragedy out of context. How many Dahlians had she known? What had been her relationship to the one that had chased her away? "I'm sorry." He said softly, shaking his head, his bangs slipping back over his yellow eyes. "That's a terrible thing for them to do. Did you leave many friends behind?" Ares forced a small, hopeful smile on his face before, continuing, trying to cheer her up: "But at least you still have Crimson Dreams. I'm Ares Chance, by the way." He shifted, resettling himself on the hay a little; one of the pieces had been pressing uncomfortable into the back of his left thigh.
[/html]
Come to think of it, it was only Haku that said it to her. She actually believed the monster that he was? She could tell, when she first met him, that he was something to stand clear from under his so called friendly surface. Maybe she did get out in time before she saw his worse part of him. Even though she thought of this, she listened as the boy asked her which pack that Dahlia was. Everyone should know where each pack is, so they won't get lost and confused. "Yeah, that's the one."

She continued to listen as the boy asked her questions and gave her his name. There was only like one two or three that she knew, but she didn't leave them behind. She went by to say hello. She waited at the border like a good little girl, but didn't get the welcome that she was excepting. However, there might be a time where she would meet Cercelee or Slay without Haku watching. Not only that, there was also Crimson Dreams. "I suppose you're right. Flayra Zazkex." she said as he looked at him.
[html]
205 words, sorry for short!

Flayra confirmed his suspicion. Dahlia de Mai; Ares now had a name to attach to the pack, the evil pack, the hated pack from the northwest. The pack that nurtured his personal bogeyman, his mother, and trapped his fair sister, the Princess of a tale where he was the hero, where he would rescue her from her chains. "Dahlia de Mai are no friends of mine, either. I'm not surprised that they lied to you, considering they let someone that I hate very much be a member of their pack." He had hesitated before the word hate; it was so strong, so intense of a word. But it applied. He couldn't deny that it applied, and so he just spoke it, because it was real. Ares.. hated his mother. End of story.

"It's nice to meet you, Flayra." Ares said solemnly and seriously. "Have you been a member here long? I'm pretty new." His hands, always in a quest to keep busy, were pick pick picking at the bundle of hay, crunching the dried bits of grass or whatever it was, dropping the crumbled pieces to the floor near where his right foot was idly bouncing against the bale. He was a pretty fidgetty kid.

[/html]
Flayra looked at the male who confirmed to suspicion of Dahlia, He should learn more about them. Not all of them were nasty. There were some who were kind, only to act mean. Cercelee was nice, so was Slayer, also was the black female that had blue markings on her. In Dahlia, she only felt safe around them, but now she felt more safer here in Crimson Dreams. With Naniko and everyone here. She felt like she was home. "They aren't all mean and nasty. However, the you speak of might have been giving a deceiving look. Who is he or she?"

Flayra nodded as Ares acknowledged her name. His name himself made her curious about the boy, like what it meant and how he got it. "Some months now. Might I ask, what does that name mean?" She heard the name some time ago, but not who was named Ares.
[html]
Gah, work makes me slow, sorry! Sad. 233 words.

If the members of Dahlia weren't mean and nasty like Tokyo, then they were blind idiots, accepting her facade as truth. She was so fucking transparent! He shook his head, mistrusting her statement on the good character of some Dahlians. The only ones that were worth anything were the kids - they didn't have too much of a choice, really. Even his sister couldn't be truly forgiven; as much as he wanted to rescue Princess, it was as much from herself as from Tokyo. "My mother - Tokyo Chance." Simply put, but a brief explanation followed: "But I'm safe here, she's not allowed on Crimson Dreams territory."

Flayra queried about his name, and his mind flitted back to his recent encounter with Mati, who had said he didn't look much like a god of war. It had been teasing in nature, but it hurt a little, all the same, for two reasons - it emphasized how far he was from achieving his goals, and it made him feel unimpressive. Cause that's what a guy was supposed to be like, right? Muscle-y and brave, leather jackets and cigarettes and motorcycles. Working out and wrestling. He was just a skinny adolescent with a mop of dark hair and a fondness for reading. He answered anyway, although his voice was heavy with hesitancy: "It's the name of the Greek god of war, but I know I'm not."

[/html]
Flayra wondered what the mother of Ares would have been. However, she didn't want to think about it when Ares described about her. He said he was afe from her, so saying safe, she came to conclusion that she was dangerous. Flayra already had that kind of experience, which she didn't want to happen again. However, what was his mother like, as in appearance not personality? "I guess having a loving mother is out of the question."

The girl had to admit though that he was named after a god, he didn't look even a bit like this god. However, his name didn't go for appearances, to the girl. Her beliefs was that the name were given by potential attributes and strengths. The name also had other meanings, such as a nickname that went good for that particular person. Flayra, was given her name as The Little Flower. It was also a sign for beauty and elegance, not to mention kindness and caring. From hearing the boys name and how it's connected to a god, she could already see the meaning. "Don't give up on that. Though that you don't look like a god, the name also has meaning. Strength, bravery, loyalty, and honor you hold potentially."
[html]
i think i'll wrap this one up if you don't mind! you can go ahead and have it archived after you read this post, or just pm after you do and i can have it archived myself <3. 209 words

Ares didn't really want to talk more about his mother, and so let her comment about loving ones drop off without a response on his part. She spoke about his name, then, and the meaning of it. All of what she said sounded very nice, but he wasn't too sure he bought into any of it. After all, it was self-chosen. It wasn't like either parent had gifted it to him, believing in his potential. It was a bit self-absorbed to think that he really was all those things. It was just a goal, really. A constant reminder of his imperfection to make sure he never stopped striving in the direction of goodness.

It looked, though, as if speaking with him had at least helped her spirits some. At least she was no longer crying. The adolescent male hopped off the bale of hay and approached the girl on the window sale. He rested his hand on her shoulder, awkwardly attempting to provide a moment of comfort before he departed. "Don't you give up, either. Let Crimson Dreams be a place of new beginnings for us both." And with that, he turned back the way he came, noisily descending the stairs he had clambered up a short while previously.
[/html]