the sun's coming up
[html]

It had been way too long, Ryan knew that. She had neglected her one true friend, and hoped that Savina had been happily busy in the meantime. Ehno had told Ryan that the puppies were soon due, but that had been what… almost two months now? She choked down a breath, feeling the guilt swirl in the pit of her stomach. Though she knew there were a few excuses she could offer, none could really stand to be tested. She knew that was all they could ever be… excuses.

But when the Centurion arrived at Crimson Dreams' borders, she was ready. She took the time to wash her dress in the river, laying it out in the sun to dry. Her hair was half pulled back, tied with a purple ribbon to match. Since it had been so long, she wanted this meeting to be special. Plus, she had a feeling she would be meeting a couple new faces today – she wanted to look her best. Ryan, eager to see her friend in what seemed like forever, let out a call for the Italian beauty to greet her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pupban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Two months. She couldn't believe it. Her little babes were already nearly two months old. How could it have possibly been so long? The day they had been born was so fresh in her mind it could have taken place yesterday. Currently she was sitting out on the porch of the mansion watching them as they played together. The mother hadn't taken then out very far from the manor since that first day when that woman had made her temper rise. Amata had been scolded for wandering so far away from the group and while she thought her daughter had learned her lesson she hadn't been ready to test it yet.

An unexpected howl from a very familiar voice rang through the air and Savina's eyes lit up. It had been so long since she had seen the de le Peor girl. Her own daughter had just been born and that was months ago. She got her feet shaking her pelt as her pups looked up at her. "Come follow me, my bambini! We're going to see one of mommy's dear friends!" Their little tails wagged and they each gave an excited yip as they followed her down the steps and out into the grass leading towards the lake.

As Ryan's dress-clad form came into sight Savina shifted and she stood up, wavy raven locks flowing in the spring summer breeze. "Ryan! I've missed you so much!" Her slender arms wrapped around her in a hug and the Marino-Sadira children gathered around at their feet, looking up at the new lady.

[/html]
[html]

There was a swirl in her stomach, and the feeling of guilt that had temporarily plagued Ryan was instantly replaced with excitement. There was her friend accompanied by three lovely children! Ryan could not help but let a smile find her features and eagerly pull her friend into an embrace. "Oh, Savina! I know I should have come sooner! It’s good to see you! You look great!" The happiness the laced her voice was obvious, and the Inferni woman was sure this was the most cheerful she had been in a long while. When their embrace ended, Ryan let her gaze travel to the children. They were very lovely, and seeing them at this age easily reminded her of the Valkyrie of just a few months earlier.

"Oh, Savina!" Ryan chimed again, kneeling down so that she was on a more equal level with the children. "They’re beautiful," and her eyes traveled from the quiet chocolate girl, to the little boy, and then to the other creamy colored girl. "Hello there," she piped to them, enchanted by the unique visable characteristics of each child.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pupban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Seeing Ryan was always a delight. She wished it could happen more often, but she understood that sometimes it was going to be like this. Ryan had her own daughter to look after and Savina couldn't risk going to visit the young woman where she lived. It was her permanent punishment for her brash actions. "Oh Ryan, don't worry! You're busy being a mother as well after all! It's wonderful to see you! And thank you, you look beautiful as always," she said giving her friend a warm smile. Even though she had never gotten to give Ryan the news of her pregnancy or the birth of her children, it was obvious that the little ones belonged to her.

As the coyote girl knelt so did she. "Thank you Ryan, they are, aren't they?" Cambria quickly moved over to her mother and tried to scramble into her lap. Savina scooped her daughter up, arms holding her in place in her lap as the pup looked up to Ryan. She had learned that if people were friends of her parents then they were okay, but she was still a little shy around them. Amata, as usual, was all exuberance. She rushed over to Ryan and put her front paws on her legs. "Hiis!" Gotham slowly walked up and sat between his mother and her friend. The dark boy looked up at the lady with the purple dress. "Helloos."

[/html]
[html]

Ryan could not get over how beautiful her best friend’s children were. Of course Ryan had found that she had a weak spot for children, but there was denying that these three would grow up to be handsome adults. She smiled up at Savina, before turning her gaze to the little one at her feet. "Why hello," she chimed back to Amata who had dared to venture closest to Ryan. "My name’s Ryan. What’s yours?" She asked the girl, before sneaking a glance at the other two children. The boy did not run to his mother as the other girl had, but simply sat between the two women. It was funny to see how each of them had already developed varying personalities. Ryan easily knew she would love to get to know them better.

[/html]
[html]
I'm happy to keep these short, NPCing the pups has become pretty draining x.x

Amata's mouth parted in an open grin, her little pink tongue lolling out. "I am Amata! Dat's mah brofer Gothams an' thas mah sissy Cambi!" The Sadira girl had taken it upon herself to introduce her siblings as well as herself. Gotham was usually quiet and Cambria was shy, so she was sure they wouldn't mind. "Cambi is one of her nicknames, but her full name is Cambria. It's just still a little difficult for them to say," Savina explained. She was sure that Ryan would understand. No doubt Valkyrie had had to taken some time to learn to say her name correctly. "Is nice ta meets yous Wyans!" The mother smiled broadly down at her outgoing daughter. She thought that Amata must have stolen it from both Cambria and Gotham and kept it all to herself.

[/html]
[html]

Short is good by me; keeps my muse from dying!

"Beautiful names," the young Inferni woman commented, smiling down to each of the children. She wondered what it would have been like had her other daughter survived. Would she have been able to handle both Valkyrie and Gabriella? She smiled harder then, so that the sadness of those thoughts couldn’t penetrate to the outside world. "I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for the birth," she addressed Savina, "but it looks like you did just fine." She wasn't surprised. Savina always seemed like she was strong spirited. Maybe it had something to do with her Italian bloodline.

[/html]
[html]

Savina smiled warmly over at Ryan. "Thank you. Amata was my mother's name. Kansas and I thought of the others together." Naming one of the girls after her dame had been the only thing she had had her mind set on. Cambria had been a favorite of Kansas' and it had fit their chocolate girl well. Gotham's name was an ode to his dark pelt he had inherited from his mother. The raven fey shook her head. "It's okay Ryan, you didn't know the specifics. It's my own fault that I can't come tell you such things myself." It was too risky for her to make any trip too close to the clan borders. Any other run in with Hybrid would likely lead to her death. "It was difficult, painful, but it didn't last too long thankfully. And there were plenty of family and friends there to support me." The Lt. General had been far from alone on that day. "How is Valkyrie doing?" "Who's Valkerrree?"

[/html]
[html]

Can we have a Apollo/Cambria thread sometime when you're free?

Ryan was glad to hear that Savina had not been alone on the big day, though she wasn’t hardly surprised. With such a kind demeanor as Savina’s, it would seem impossible for the woman not to have many friends and family around to be there for her. It only seemed natural. "I’m glad," she replied warmly, laughing lightly only a second later when Amata piped up again. "Valkyrie’s my daughter," she told the little girl who had remained by Ryan’s paws. "She’s doing fine. Been a lot more independent now that she’s gotten older, but that’s just fine by me. And Zana moved out of our den," Ryan couldn’t remember whether or not Savina knew about the other girl living with them, "but I think the girls still play together."

[/html]
[html]

True, it would have been nice if her dear coyote friend had been able to be there, but Savina didn't begrudge her of it for a second. They both had their separate lives and separate things that they had to take care of. Now that they were both mothers it would probably only get worse. But she tried not to think of it and instead just focused on how nice it was that they were able to spend some time together now. The raven fey laughed as well. Amata always had a question. "I saw Valkyrie when she was even smaller than you are now, my dear. Maybe someday Ryan can bring her over and you can all play together!" That would be so wonderful. From the sounds of it there weren't many pups in Inferni, maybe it would do the de le Poer child good. It was crazy to think that Valkyrie was already old enough to be out and about on her own. Savina hoped she would adjust to that as well as Ryan had when it was time for her children. "I can't believe it's been so long. And who is Zana?" She hadn't heard of Ryan having taken in any wayward child.

[/html]
[html]

Ryan couldn’t help but admit that she fantasized about Valkyrie making best friends with one of Savina’s children ever since Ehno had told her about the pregnancy and the closely approaching due date. She didn’t know whether or not Valkyrie would want to come all the way to Crimson Dreams to meet Amata, Cambria, and Gotham, but she silently hoped that one day her daughter and one of Savina’s own would be a mirror of the two women. How lovely that would be.

"Oh," Ryan started, realizing now that it had been so long that she hadn’t even had the chance to tell Savina about Zana. "Zana is a little girl who lives in Inferni. She’s Davinci’s sister, oddly enough. And she lived with us until recently, but she’s getting older now, so I guess she figured it was time to be on her own." Ryan of course, would always keep an eye out for her. "She’s a sweetheart," even though Ryan wasn’t aware of the girl’s terrorizing actions with her peashooter.

[/html]
[html]

It really was a shame that their pregnancies had been so far apart. Otherwise they might have more easily arranged play dates for their children. When they were older and wandering around on their own, as Valkyrie apparently was, it was harder to get them to do something. But Savina also hoped that Ryan's daughter would want to come and meet the three pups. She and Ryan were so close, it would be so wonderful if their children would become close as well. Of course there was no way to make that happen, they would just have to wait and see. Nothing would stop the raven woman from hoping though.

Zana was DaVinci's sister? Then that must mean that that was one of the pups Iskata had given birth to. Savina had never met any from that litter. But that also meant that she was Kansas' sister and her own brood's aunt. "Really? That was sweet of you to take her in. She's Kansas sister as well then, and the aunt to these three." The woman looked over her pups, who had become bored with the conversation and were playing in the grass with one another. "I still can't believe how large that family is. They're everywhere. It's strange for someone who had such a small family growing up." Apparently the Sadiras were one of the largest bloodlines in these lands, and for Savina there was only her brother and sister.

[/html]
[html]

Really?" Ryan would be baffled to the see the family tree spread out in front of her. How strange, it seemed, that Savina and Ryan had almost become connected through blood lines. Of course, she and Davinci weren’t mates, but Ryan still considered it strange that Savina could almost be considered a sister-in-law. "I didn’t realize the family was so extensive," she said with a light laugh. Ryan seemed to finding out more about DaVinci’s family then when she had been with him. Recently, she had met his sister Firefly. And now to find out he was siblings with Kansas? Strange.

Ryan could easily relate to Savina’s words. After all, she had only grown up with her mother. Small family, indeed. Of course her arrival in Nova Scotia proved that she had plenty of family members in the area. This place seemed to hold more secrets than she knew. "How’s Kansas been?" She asked with a smile. She knew he would be a good father just as Savina was proving to be a great mother. "Adjusting well to fatherhood? "

[/html]
[html]

Savina nodded her head. Even though she had been warned by Iskata of the size of their clan, it was always a bit of a shock when she found out about another person who belonged to that bloodline. Even more so now that her very own children were related to these people instead of just the man she had tied her life to. "I didn't either, not until my mother-in-law told me. Kansas is the only one in Crimson Dreams, and now the pups of course. I had met his one sister Ember, but aside from that that was all I knew of before we became mates. It's a little intimidating," she said with a soft chuckle. There were only five wolves in the land that carried Marino blood. She wouldn't be able to even guess at how many held at least some Sadira in them.

If possible, her smile widened even more at the mention of her mate. She had to admit, she had never really believed that she could care so deeply and feel so connected to someone that was not of her own flesh and blood, but he had proved her wrong. Her heart was so entwined with his' that she now could not imagine life without him. "He's been well. Before the pups were born he did get in a fight with a loner who trespassed upon our lands. He wasn't hurt seriously though." There was a fairly prominent scar upon his muzzle now where his lip had been split, however. "Yes, he's doing really well. Sometimes he thinks he's too young to be a father, but I know he would do anything for them." Either of them would.

[/html]
[html]

At the mention of Ember, the cogs in Ryan’s brain began to turn. Could it be? Was the raven colored girl who Ryan had once sewn a cloak for the same girl that Savina was talking about? A small, surprised sigh escaped her lips. She really hadn’t expected that. Ties seemed to be running all over Nova Scotia.

A look of concern crossed the Inferni woman’s face for a moment as Savina revealed Kansas had been in a small scrap. "I hope he’s alright," she hummed, even though Savina reassured her that he hadn’t been hurt seriously. She silently wondered who it was that he had had to chase off. Surely it wasn’t an Inferni member; at least, she hoped not. But Ryan didn’t have a chance to ask, because Savina was answering the question she had been asked. "Well, that’s good to hear." Savina seemed really happy, and Ryan was glad for her friend. If only Ryan had been able to secure a similar sort of happiness…

Her eyes turned on the children who had begun to play with one another after the talk had grown boring. She smiled down at them, watching as their small tails swayed happily behind them. Crimson Dreams seemed like the perfect place to raise a family. She was sure the three would grow up to be wonderful people, just like their parents. "He sounds like a great guy, Savina. I hope to meet him soon."

[/html]
[html]

She had been incredibly surprised when Kansas had come home with a split lip and covered in small cuts and bruises. Her mate wasn't exactly the type to go out looking for trouble. She had been a little harsh on him, a combination of her being upset that he was hurt, upset that he had gotten himself into a fight when their children were due to be born, and her overwhelming hormones. In hindsight she probably shouldn't have gotten quite as worked up at him as she had. He had just been trying to get the other male to leave the pack. But thankfully they hadn't gotten into a huge fight about it. "Yes, he's fine, he does have a scar on his muzzle though. His lip got split." Of course she didn't care, nothing could make him ugly in her eyes. Though she did wish she could repay the favor to that little punk.

Sometimes Savina still worried about Ryan. She wondered if Inferni was really the best place for her. She seemed happy, but with such monsters as Hybrid running amongst their ranks it was hard to imagine her gentle friend being content there. Though she knew better than to question it. Ryan could take care of herself and surely she wouldn't put either herself or her daughter in any kind of danger. Her jeweled orbs glittered and she could feel her cheeks flood with warmth beneath her midnight fur. "He is. He's just the kind of father I want for my pups. Sensitive and gentle." Everything her sorry excuse for a father had not been to her. "I hope you meet him too. Maybe sometime we could have a little gathering. You and Val and all of us." Now that would really be something wonderful.

[/html]
[html]

'He is. He's just the kind of father I want for my pups. Sensitive and gentle.' It was a phrase that Ryan would only be able to wish for and something that could never be a reality. She smiled to veil the thoughts clicking in her mind and just for a moment, pictured Davinci and herself in the place of Savina and Kansas. Maybe if she had given up on her life in Inferni, this could have been her life. "I’d love that," Ryan replied, her smile growing genuine with the idea Savina had suggested. "Especially now that she’s older, I’d think Val would love to come along and play with the kids." She could visualize it already; the children playing together while the adults chatted leisurely about their respective packs, the warm sun lighting the backdrop of Crimson Dreams territory. Such images could never be conjured within the coyote clan’s lands. "It would be nice."

[/html]