like fire, hellfire, this fire in my skin
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... rkerbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
OOC: Thought they'd finally have a proper thread together now he's properly run away and everything XD. 300+

The white female walked confidently over the rocks. She could not say why she was going towards Halifax again, but here she was, travelling over the barren landscape with ease and a slight jig in her steps. Haven was missing. She'd scoured the pack lands looking for him, her breath ever shallower from running, calling out his name in dismay. Her first logical choice would have been to talk to Naniko or Anu (when had they stopped being "Momma"?) and then see if they knew anything. But if there was any rule that Brooklyn followed almost religiously, it was to never give away something without checking facts first. She might be wrong and he would simply be in hiding. That would make her look like a fool. Or he would indeed be missing and then the entire pack would be set after him, chasing him high and low, trying to find him. So instead the girl took it upon herself to find him on her own and see from there. She might just be able to convince him to come home.

He would know Halifax. Brooklyn trusted that her adventurous brother would know the city like the back of his paw, so she had set out with a purpose. Now, as she unwillingly crossed the territory border, she hoped that it would be easy to find him. And that he will be easy to persuade, Brooklyn muttered to herself. She knew just how stubborn her brother could be, so it would come as no surprise if he decided that he was better off without them. The girl could not imagine living without her family, but her view might well be unique. Salem had gone, hadn't he? Without a word. Had her orange brother followed in his footsteps? With a look over the calm ocean and a shrug of her shoulders, the girl went deeper inside the pack lands, in her determined quest to find Haven.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table8.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Haven was out near the beach today, not too far from his small house. He held onto a rope that was tied around Drogon's neck. That's what he had named the horse after bringing him here. Though until now he hadn't attempted any training with the stallion. Drogon seemed to have a good personality, friendly at least towards Haven, but the youth had not attempted to ride him or anything of the sort. All he had done was feed him and pay him attention, working on gaining the creature's trust and respect. Though he had learned what he needed to do to make the horse see him as dominant. When he went to feed Drogon he made sure to bring food with and eat before the horse. It really wasn't much different that a pack hierarchy. Those at the top ate first. He hoped that acclamation period would make training go more smoothly.

The luperci had brought a heavy blanket with him to help get the equine used to having some weight upon his back. As he tried to place it on him, Drogon turned his head and nipped at him. "Hey now," Haven said sternly as he returned the nip. "Don't be an ass, haven't I been treating you awfully well?" The mustang snorted as if in recognition. "That's what I thought. I'm not going to try and ride you today, I just want you to carry this blanket around for me." This time he met with no protests as he placed the blanket carefully on the horse's back. "See, that's not so bad is it?"

The first task accomplished he took a hold of the rope and began to walk along the beach with his hoofed companion. He ran a hand down Drogon's neck. "That's a good boy." The horse really was doing a good job. The creatures ears perked forward and Haven could tell that he saw something up ahead. His own jade gaze followed the stallion's and his heart seized in his chest for a moment. Brooklyn? Surely it was his sister, but why had she passed so far into the territory? She knew better than that.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... rkerbg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">

OOC: 300+

His scent drifted on the wind and the white female turned abruptly, looking for him. She squinted against the glaring sun and as her eyes adjusted to the light, she spotted him. There he was, Haven, standing tall and proud with a horse by his side. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry, whether to run to him and slap him or hold him tight and make him promise to come home. There had never been such mixed feelings when it came to her brother, never in her life. But so much had changed since then. Meeting the Darkness, Gael, the taint that she felt was upon her now. Brooklyn felt confused and somewhat afraid. What would he say to her? Would he willingly return? She stood motionless for a second, the salty wind brushing strands of her hair into her face. He was there, that was all that mattered.

In a rush, she was running towards him before it occurred to her that she might startle the horse. The girl slowed down until it was a mere brisk walking speed. She smiled shyly at him, a smile that went around her lips and lit up her eyes. Haven. She spoke his name with a calm feeling inside her. She had changed so much, though perhaps it was not visible outward. Still, here he was, her brother, her wonderful brother, the only one who would understand her and the confusion she felt inside. I've been looking everywhere for you. I've missed you, Haven. Where have you been for so long? There was a subtle smell upon his pelt, one that was not Crimson Dreams any more, but lacked the nondescript quality of a loner smell. Was there a pack here? No, surely not. The girl felt somewhat uneasy now and looked around in alarm, her tail flicking from side to side. What if she had transgressed pack lands? What would they do to her? Would Haven chase her out? I've come to take you home. It was Brooklyn all over again, matter -of-fact and calm, collected and mature. Yes. Take him home.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table8.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He could tell that she had spotted him, but both of them seemed paralyzed. Gods, it seemed it had been a lifetime since he had seen his pale sister. The last time had been after he had found out about their mother's separation and they had both tried to drown their sorrows. However Haven had taken that habit to an extreme afterwords. He hoped that Brooklyn had not followed in his pawprints. And then it hit him. She probably didn't know about Conri. About the horrible thing that the male who had sired them had done to their mother. His stomach got that all too familiar nauseated feeling. He did not want to tell her, yet he knew he had to. She deserved to know, just as much as Mati had. He felt himself being pulled under by that same depression and uncertainty again.

Then she ran to him and he didn't know whether to feel elated or afraid. Drogon's ears pricked forward and he moved to take a step back from the quickly approaching wolf. Haven put his hand on the stallion's neck. "Hey, hey, it's okay. She's a friend, my sister," he told the horse soothingly. Gaze turned to see her pace had slowed and the mustang seemed calmed. As they stood face to face he mustered a similar smile, even though he couldn't hide the sad edge to it. "Hey Brook." Once again he felt like such a lout as she explained she had been searching for him. What a right big mess he had made of everything. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have worried you all like that but..." he heaved a sigh. "I found something out Brooklyn. About our father. Something horrible. I didn't know how to handle it so I cooped myself up in Halifax and nearly drank myself into an early grave." A coward's grave.

The words he'd been fearing. I've come to take you home. It was obvious she had not talked to Anu or their other sister. The smile that had been on his face at her arrival was all but gone and a sad light was in his jade orbs. "Brooklyn...I'm not going back to Crimson Dreams." It never got any easier to say. "It's not that I don't want to or that I don't miss you all. I just...I have to make my own way. If I went back I don't think I could." He looked around them. "This is my home now and they need me here. I vowed that I would protect them. I swore it when the King knighted me." He hoped she would see. That she would understand and this wouldn't be a repeat of when he had told Mati.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: 400+

The way he spoke her name was so different from how she remembered it. He was maturing, perhaps he was even now older and wiser than she could ever hope to be. She looked from him to the horse. It was a beautiful creature and the way her brother handled him just showed how mature he'd become. There was a connection between them, frail and still breakable, but from what the girl could see, there was no reason they would really drift apart. Whatever had happened to Haven, it had changed him. It was then that his words reached her ears and like a punch to the stomach, reality hit her. Their father? She had never met him and he had never appeared in Crimson Dreams, not that she could recall anyway. How had Haven found him? Our father. The words were spoken softly, almost as if she didn't believe he existed. In her short life, there had only been Naniko and Anu, her mothers. Who is he? What exactly did he do? Momma never mentioned him, not to me, anyway.

She looked away when the image of her brother, alone and drunk in some dank Halifax street, entered her mind. How could she have been so foolish? She should have looked for him earlier, should have rallied the pack... but if Haven didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be. Brooklyn looked at her brother and it seemed she was really seeing him now for the first time; they were no longer children, they couldn't just hide away in their caves and pretend to be something and somewhere else entirely. That didn't work any more. I thought you would say that. I guess... I guess I kind of trespassed, huh? There it was, the awful, awful truth of it: she hadn't expected him to come back. But she was glad to have found him, alive and healthy.

Brooklyn would miss him. She would go back home empty-handed, alone and afraid. But to see him now and to hear him say that he was a knight, as they'd once dreamed... that was almost worth the pain in her heart. It was almost worth the choking feeling in her throat, the way the whole world seemed to implode, silently, allowing her no reprise. I am happy for you, Haven. Truly I am. With that, she firmly embraced him, burying her face against his jacket. She breathed his scent in, innocent and yet not quite. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she bit them back. Does Momma know you're here?

[/html]
[html]

Yes. Their father. A shadow that would continually hang over him, reminding him what would happen if he didn't do the right thing. If he allowed himself to falter in his path of being good. It was like a big black monster, waiting to gobble him up at the first sign of weakness or corruption. Haven had almost forgot that it had only been him and Mati there that day they had run into the man on their way to Halifax. Brooklyn would have never seen him. "His name is Conri Church. One day when we were still really little Mati and I went with Momma to go to the city and we came across him. Mom said we didn't have to be afraid of him as long as she was there. I look so much like him Brook." He had always loved his unique coloring, but now he feared it could become a curse. Thankfully he had yet to run into anyone that had mistaken him for his sire.

"After that I never though about him much. Didn't care to know anymore. But not long after the last time I saw you I went to the city and ran across someone who lived there. Out of curiosity I asked about him and he said that he was looking for Conri. I asked why, and that's when he told me..." Haven took a deep breath and forced himself to look his sister in the eyes when he told her the horrible truth. "He raped her. He raped mom." And there it was. It was out and there was no taking it back. It wouldn't have been right to keep it from her though. She had just as much of a right to know as he or Mati.

The young Aatte was relieved that she was more willing to accept the truth of his life and plans than Mati had. It wasn't that he blamed their other sister, no doubt he would have reacted much the same in that situation. He just didn't want to have Brooklyn run off on him too. He didn't know if his heart could take it. A small smirk passed onto his lips. "Yeah, you did. Oh well though, you're lucky you're my sister. And lucky that no one else found you." He doubted anything bad would have happened to her, but with the attack on Svara the whole pack was on edge at the thought of another attack. "Thank you Brook. It means a lot to me, it does. And I'm not far away, you can always come see me."

As she finally embraced him he dropped Drogon's rope and wrapped his arms around her tightly. That familiar sting of tears was in his eyes, but he did his best to hold them back. "We just settled and I haven't been back to tell either of them. And I...haven't seen Nani since I found out. I'm afraid all she sees when she looks at me is...is him." It may have been a foolish way to feel, but it was one that the boy couldn't seem to shake. "Brook, stay here with me tonight. Or if you don't want to at least let me take you back home. I don't want you to be alone after finding out, you shouldn't be, not like I was." He wouldn't risk letting her repeat his mistakes.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: 400+

The words her brother spoke next sent shivers up and down her spine and made the white girl pull back from the embrace. He'd found their father. Her meeting with Gael and the words he had spoken to her then made her head swim. Perhaps it would have been better if Haven had never met this wolf. The distress was clearly visible and Brooklyn wanted to go hunt him down and hurt him for making her brother feel that way. Why should his colouring matter? You always had the most interesting set out of all of us, me and the others were all mundane compared to you. His eyes were locked on hers and his voice pronounced three small words that destroyed everything she had believed in. No, no, it could not be. Why would anyone hide this from them? Why would they be kept away from something so big? They had never spoken of it, nothing from any of them. And Haven, left to find out on his own, to deal with the pain and shock. Her body started shaking, the images her mind would conjure gruesome and sickening.

Brooklyn leaned on her brother's shoulder as violent shaking overtook her body. She felt so sick, sick through to her stomach. Rape. It reverberated around in her mind, it made her want to tear her insides out and throw them to the wind, anything that reminded her she was related to such a monster. She looked at Haven, her blue eyes locked on his green ones. He's the reason you ran away? You just... you're so brave, Haven, you took all this and dealt with it, didn't you? Her eyes were brimming with tears. If Haven could take it, so could she. They would share it together, the knight and the self-proclaimed prince. Wiping her tears with the back of her paw, she listened intently to his next words, her tail wagging at the suggestion of seeing him again. It would do them both a world of good, it really would. Like Naniko had said, they were family, you never just threw it away. The shadow of their father rose between them and Brooklyn shook her head violently to disspell it. You would never be him, Haven. You're too good inside, you're a Knight, not a monster. I believe in you, I always have. Her words rang sincere and he looked so beautiful to her, so grown up, like she could only hope to be.

His suggestion to stay made her feel safe, welcome, with someone she could completely trust. I would like to stay with you tonight, Haven. You make me feel safe. And you could tell me all about your home! Her eyes were shining with love and need for him. Brooklyn, ever tough and cold, aloof, unbreakable, the white prince(ss) needed someone else to hold her tonight.

[/html]