let me live
[html]

Cottontail Valley

Stubby little brown legs carried the Marino child out through the back door of the mansion. She was trying to be braver. More outgoing like her siblings. She knew she'd never be as carefree as her sister, but she could try and be a little less shy and scared. It was a beautiful day too, so why not get some fresh air? At least that's what she told herself to help her confidence as she left the comfort of the large house behind. The birds were singing their songs which lifted her spirits as well. It even made a small smile creep onto her lips.

Cambria hadn't been out this way yet, or at least she didn't think she had. Usually when momma or daddy took them out they went out on the porch or in front of the mansion. It didn't seem much different than the front at first, but quickly the landscape seemed to change. The vegetation got thicker and there were more colors. And flowers! Chocolate tail began to wag. She loved flowers! They were so pretty and smelled so nice. She stuck her nose in a yellow one, it was pleasant to her nose. Then there was a taller one with white little fluffy looking things on it. The girl wandered over to it and sniffed, some of them got caught on her nose! She snorted, trying to get them off and some of the ones on the flower flew off into the air. Her head cocked to the side and then she blew on it and the rest flew off. A giggle came from her and she looked around to find another like that.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
thanks for starting <3 she is f’n adorable!! –squeeks-

Sun poured into her room. The tall windows allowing it to freely fall over the knotted rough hardwood, flowing towards her like water from a facet. It reached her sleeping place, and pierced her closed eye lids. Feeling it's warmth Mati knew it was safe, and allowed her purple eyes to open and greet the new day. The bandages had been discarded the day before, a few before her mothers recommendation, but she was sick of them. Her scarred arms stung slightly at contact, but only as a sign of healing. The earthen tones girl rose, and found new energy to match the new day.

A door from her porch like room took her to the back of the Manor, drawing pad under her arm the girl walked idly out into the fresh summer air. Pencils tamed wild locks of fur behind her ear, and she stalked into the open for a mid morning ritual. She showed no fear, unlike the timid nature she had shown right after her attack. It was daylight, and Mati could find contentment with the sun at her back. Even since puphood the girl took the god as an ally against the ghastly shadows that frightened her.

It did not take the young woman long to find the moving shape of a puppy in the distance. Entering the grassland Mati let a smile creep onto her face as she watched the little wolfess move from flower to flower. Blowing the seeds from dandelions as if stalking prey. The tall wolf moved towards her, cautious as to not scare the most timid of the Marino-Sadira children. She knew how uneasy it could be to finally venture out into the big world, though faded Mati still held onto similar memories.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

I love playing puppies :3 and sorry kinda short D:

The little girl bounced around blowing on the fuzzy flowers and watching the little things blow away in the summer breeze. This was the most fun thing ever! She would have to tell Amata and Gotham about it! This was better than any of their toys. When she came to one she took the flower in her mouth and pulled it from the ground and pranced around, a little stream of white fuzzy things flowing out behind her. Once they were all gone she shook the empty flower stem in her mouth, little puppy growls coming from her chest. This was probably the most spunky she had ever been. It was fun! Maybe this is why Amata was like this all the time.

Then as Cambria's head was shaking she caught sight of someone else in the meadow and she froze for a second. Her head was dizzy from all the shaking and it took her eyes a little bit to adjust back to normal. Everything looked all funny and distorted. Ocean colored orbs blinked and then she was able to see that it was Mati. She gave the similarly colored wolfess a sheepish grin, flower stem still between her teeth, as her tail waved back and forth slowly. Hopefully she didn't look too silly! But if she did oh well. She guessed puppies were supposed to do silly things anyway.

[/html]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
no apologies necessary <3

Mati fought the urge to draw her sketchpad from under her arm and let the charcoal capture the vision in front of her. She wished to hold it in her mind, just long enough to replay the details upon the paper. It would be something for her mother to have, something that she could look to on days when Cambria was grown and off finding adventures of her own. A memory of the past. Instead Mati looked to her hard and with solid eyes, letting her mind take in the image for future use. Later, she promised her unyielding inspiration, later she would allow for the creative release.

Paws took her closer, her face growing soft and far less intense while watching the antics of the young wolf. Mati possessed the same internal instinct the drove their kind to love the company of pups, and feel the same protectiveness her mother did. It rang in her chest as she watched the little girl, who had noticed her presence among her playground. Bright eyes focused on her, their soft placid color held the vivid gleam of excitement. The woman smiled, her voice held laughter and rang softly over the floral occupied space. Cambria, what are you getting into? The girl kneeled down towards the pup, letting her fingers pluck her own flower from the ground.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

Maybe shaking her head around so much like that was a bad idea. Even though her vision had returned to normal her head kind hurt and she felt a little off balance. For a second she thought that maybe she might get in trouble. Maybe she shouldn't be out here messing with the flowers. But when Mati smiled and laughed she assumed that everything was okay. The little brown tail wagged faster and she took a wobbly step towards the older female, nearly falling over in the process. "Woas! I's dizzies!" She planted her four feet on the ground as solidly as she could, hoping to make it go away. "How I make da dizzies gos away?" Mati was older, surely she would have an answer!

The limp flower stem had been discarded and she watched as the Lieutenant picked one of her own. "I's jus out pwayin' wif da flowas. Whas da ones wiff da fuzzies tha blows away?" Cambria wanted to know the name of them so she could tell her parents and siblings about them. She knew Amata would like them. Maybe even momma and daddy would want to come and play with them! That would be so fun! The pup's gaze turned to what was tucked underneath's Mati's arm. "Whas you gots unders your arms Mati?" It looked kinda like a book, but it was bigger than a book. Cambria knew all about books, her daddy had lots and lots of books. He read them stories and poems and stuff. She liked it when he did that.

[/html]
[html]

Violet eyes to the pup that reminded her so much of herself it was like stepping back in time. She was a fragile child, finding excitement in the simplicities of life, and being cautious. Of course it was easy to pick out that Cambria would be a much prettier adult, slight like her mother and with eyes that reminded every beast of the sea and its beauty. Mati smiled at the thought, and then laughed at her antics. Just sit still, it will pass. The older female spoke, but could not help the giggle that escaped from her. They are called dandelions, see the yellow ones can turn into the white ones. The girl pointed to the bright yellow weed that stood in front of them. Their transformation was a common one, but amazing all the same.

The child’s eyes wondered to the book her carried. And Mati settled her self on the ground before taking it out form under arm and showing it to the little pup. It’s an artists sketch pad. Mati explained as she opened it to the front page. The image was a chaotic one, lines and scribbles to test the paper and the pencil that she had chosen. But as she flipped to the second drawing a vision of tranquility flowed in back and white. The depiction of the two deer spoke of Cambria’s mother Savina, having been creating it right before they had spoken. You see, its just paper to draw on. Nothing too special…

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

Her sea colored orbs met the vibrant purple ones of the older girl. Cambria hadn't seen anyone with eyes that color before, it was so neat! It had to make Mati feel really special. It was good to feel special. The pup liked it anyway. "Okies!" she said, plopping her bottom down on the ground. She grinned, feeling more stable, and looked back up, her tail brushing against the grass and flowers. "I likes your eyes Matis. Theys so preddies!" Purple was a good color. She liked that color. It looked especially good against Mati's fur. It complimented her brown coat very nicely. Dandelions. That was a silly name! She liked it though. "Dan-dee-ly-oons." Her gaze looked back to the yellow ones. "Wooooow! Weallies?" How did that happen? Was it magic?

Mati took the book out from under her arm and Cambria slowly took steps closer so she could see better. "Whas an' artists?" The girl had never heard that word before, at least not to her knowledge. The first page that was revealed didn't look like anything. A bunch of scribbles on the white paper. But when that page was flipped the pup's eyes grew wider with fascination. It was a picture of two deer in the woods, even the young girl could recognize that. "Did you dwaweded dat Matis?? Is so good!" She placed her paws upon the wolfess' leg and peered closely at the drawing. It was amazing. She had never seen anything like it ever. "You is...wat dey says....tawenteds?" She thought that was the right word.

[/html]
[html]

Mati was captivated by the little pup. Her smile was unwavering, and she looked on with a motherly curiosity. She had never really thought about it before, but Mati wondered what it would be like to have a child of her own. The excitement mixed with the overwhelming fear and weighing responsibility. She was far too young, and knew so little about life to create it. But Mati could not help but think to the future, with wonderment and excitement.

“Why, thank you. Yours are the color of the ocean, a soft sweet green. A mix of your mothers and fathers. The young woman spoke as she looked at them, she could talk forever about the hue, comparing it to the newest blades of grass, and the fresh new leaves of an apple tree. They did not fold the same sharp color of an oak or and elm. It was more delicate, softer in texture too. She nodded at the girl’s question, before answer her second. “An artist is someone who is a master at painting, or drawing, or making anything really.” Mati had never really thought about being an artist, it was just something she enjoyed.

“I did.” Letting the little girl see the picture better Mati pledge to draw something for her in the future. She liked to make things for those that held interest in art. “I don’t know if I’m talented. But I like it a lot.” She spoke the word slowly so that Cambria could understand. Pulling the graphite pencil from her mane she showed it to her. “I use this, a pencil” Mati looked down at the puppy, her voice soft but questioning. “Were you exploring today? All by yourself?” She was old enough to be on her own, and Mati was sure that Savina knew exactly where she was. She wouldn’t have been surprised if the mother was watching them from afar.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

300+

Compliments were good. Cambria liked giving them because she knew it made people feel good. She felt good when she got compliments. Her tail wagged even faster as Mati commented on the color of her eyes. "Weallie? Whas da ocean? My mommy's talked aboots it an' says das where her neckwace dat daddy gaves her came froms, bu' I dunno wha it is weallie." She had never seen the color of her eyes, not clearly at least. She liked to hear that they were a blending of her parent's eyes though. It was kind of like Amata, but different. Instead of her eyes blending she had one from each. One of momma's pretty green and daddy's handsome blue.

An artist made things? "Dey makes preddy tings? Like your dwawings?" Cambria loved pretty things. Like flowers and birds and butterflies. The thought of the butterfly overshadowed her for a moment, making her sad. She felt so bad about it, though she knew Amata felt even worse. The poor pretty butterfly. But now momma had found them a butterfly toy that they could play with. She really liked the toy, though it would always remind her of that hard life lesson she had learned. Taking another good look at the drawing she nodded her head. "Yes, you's vewy tawented." It was obvious! How could she think she wasn't!

The small pup looked at the pencil as Mati displayed it. It was small and thing and looked kinda like a fancy stick. "Da pencil makes da markin's?" She supposed that made sense. Something had to make the markings after all. At the question her ears folded back slightly, worried she might be in trouble again. "Yahs, bu' I wasn' gonna go any furder dan this!" she said defensively. She really wasn't! She wasn't brave enough.

[/html]
[html]

Mati thought of the ocean as the very young wolfess asked her question. Looking down at the little round face Mati found that she was not as timid and shy as she had once imagined. Instead quiet talkative. Smiling she spoke, Well, the ocean is a very large beautiful body of water. Larger then any lake or river. We will have to go there some day, visit the beach. Mati would love to take her there, be part of a new experience for the pup. It’s a very nice necklace too. Mati like the pink shell, how the light vibrant hue shone against the dark of the woman pelt. She liked what it symbolized as well, unity, loyalty and dedication.

Artists make a lot of things, some are pretty and others can be ugly. She had seen a lot of paintings that were uglier then anything she had found in nature. The minds of some humans had been disturbing for sure. Yet others created miracles on canvases, holding more innocence and pure emotion then Mati felt a single soul could possess. Thank you Cambria. Yes, the lead is what makes the marks. Her smile widened, eyeing the drawing and then brought them quickly back to the pup and the world surrounding her.

Looking out and into the open meadow Mati gave a mischievous smirk. Well, I think its safe for the two of us to see what else is in this meadow. Rising, the young woman looked to the pup and motioned with her hand for her to follow. She wasn’t in trouble, not at all. Mati would show her the way to carefully explore.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

300+

It was only around strangers that the Marino girl was so shy and introverted. While nowhere near as brave as her sister, around her family and friends Cambria wasn't worried about asking questions and saying what she wanted. She didn't worry about acting silly, because they were already her friends and they already liked her. She tried to imagine a body of water bigger than the lake and it boggled her mind! The lake was so big! Something even bigger sounded a little scary, but despite that she was still intrigued. Her mommy and daddy seemed to really like the beach, so it probably wasn't scary. "Wooows das cwazy! Yah! I'd like ta goes!" The small pup nodded her head. "Yah, mommy's neckwace is sooooo preddies!" She wanted a necklace of her own, when she was old enough.

The pup gave Mati a curious cock of her head. "Whys would someones make sumtink ugwies? Ugwie tings aren't nice." If they could make pretty things why would they possibly want to make things that weren't pretty. That didn't make one little bit of sense to her. Ugly things were ugly because people didn't want to look at them. Why would an artist person make something people didn't want to look at? "I sees. Is interestings." She was glad Mati was teaching her all this stuff. It was very, very interesting. The world was full of so many neat things and so much potential when she was brave enough not to be afraid of it all.

The smirk that was granted to her let the little wolf know that she was not in trouble and she instantly perked up again. Sea colored orbs were bright with excitement and her little tail beat against the ground. "Okie! Yays!" The over large paws bounded after the older lupine, watching with anticipation as they moved forward. And something was caught by that puppy gaze. Something small and prickly looking. "Mati! Whas dat over dere's?" Carefully Cambria moved a little closer to the thing. She had never seen anything like it!

[/html]
[html]

Mati laughed lightly, picturing the two of them venturing out to the coast and then seeing the little wolfess at the beach. Sand, sun, the ocean and low tide. Everything that had fascinated her the first time she had seen it still lingered in her mind and Mati was sure that Cambria would find it just as amazing. You could pick a shell, and then we could have your dad make it into a necklace. Mati suggested. Yes, it would not be like the gift that her father had given her mother but it would still be beautiful. The young woman shrugged at the pups next words, giving a halfhearted shrug You know, I have no idea. Artists can be funny sometimes. her words ended with a smile.

They moved along, she at a slow stride and the pup loping behind her. They walked along the meadow, until the pup's voice rang over the grass and flowers. The earthen toned fey turned her head, purple eyes looking for the cause of all the excitement. Mati moved with a smooth yet quick motion, eyeing the slow moving creature. Oh, don’t get too close. The woman warned though her voice did not hold any sense of panic. I think, She paused, letting her brain work. it’s a hedgehog. her head cocked sideways with curiosity.

It didn’t move away, or seem fearful. Yet its little black eyes saw them just as clearly as they saw it. A large paw moved downward, and a finger extended to touch the little tapered nose of the beast. Still its only looked on, waiting for something that neither of then knew about. The hedgepig stared up as they did down. I think he’s a pup. She explained, though not the type that still needed its mother.

table by Syd

[/html]
[html]

300+

Cambria's eyes grew so large and her tail started wagging so fervently that her entire bottom wiggled with it. "Weallies??" She would just love to have her daddy make her a necklace! "You tinks he woulds? Makes a neckwace for mes? I woulds like dats a wot!" The idea had never occurred to her. Her daddy had made mommy's necklace so of course he could make them! So why not have him make her one! Oh boy! Now she really couldn't wait to go visit the beach. She wanted to go pick out a pretty shell as soon as they could! Though would she be able to wear it right away? Maybe all the chains were for adults and she wouldn't be able to wear it until she was bigger. But either way didn't matter to her, as long as she had a pretty necklace her daddy made her!

Large paws took step by step closer to whatever was in the grass, like a predator stalking its prey. But Cambria hardly considered herself a predator and she most definitely didn't think of the little prickly thing as prey. She just wanted to see what it was! Though as Mati told her to not get too close the chocolate girl froze, one of her front paws hanging in midair. Maybe whatever it was was really fragile like butterflies and if she got too close or touched it it would fall asleep forever. She didn't want that! "A hedgehogs?" What was a hedgehog?

As the older wolf extended a finger to touch the hedgehog Cambria took in a sharp intake of air, worried that it might indeed be as fragile as the butterfly. But thankfully nothing happened and the little girl heaved a relieved sigh. Carefully she crept a little close to get a better look at this hedgehog thing. Awww, it was cute! He had beady little eyes and cute skinny nose! She looked back to Mati. "A pup? Den where's his momma?" All pups had a momma. Was the little hedgehog exploring like she was?

[/html]
[html]

Mati nodded at the little girls question, Of course, your daddy loves you. And Kansas did, unlike her own father. But she never really felt the need for one. She had other males around her that looked after her, each in their own way. She liked that Cambria would be raised by a mother and father, the balance was perfect, natural.

The creature only stared, as if he wasn’t moved by either of the much larger wolves. Mati looked down at him, finding him fascinating and inspiring. The little one’s voice piped up beside her, the hesitation and caution in her body making Mati smile. Was she afraid to breathe on the foreign beast? Yeah, kind of like a porcupine. Smaller, friendlier it seems. Mati didn’t have much to say about them, not knowing anything at all. She wondered if she could look the species up in one of her books.

Purple eyes looked back to the puppy, Well, we should probably look for her. Mati bravely reached out to the little beast, waiting for it to scamper off. When it didn’t, Mati became worried that it was ill. Carefully she held it, low to the ground so her companion could see it. The spikes tickled but didn’t hurt. See, he’s friendly. We should look for his mom. Or for a den, a little hole in the ground. The young woman looked around her feet, wondering if his mother was indeed looking for him.

[/html]
[html]

I feel that was subpar, I'm sorry x.x 300+

Cambria beamed up at the older female when she said that her daddy loved her. "I knows an' I loves mah dahdah!" Of course her daddy would make her a necklace! It was silly for her to even question that. He would do anything for her, she knew. She had the bestest daddy a puppy could want! The bestest momma too as far as she was concerned. In her mind her parents were still these perfect, invincible beings that could do no wrong. The pup couldn't even imagine a time when any of that wouldn't be true. Her parents were perfect in every way, that's simply how they were.

She couldn't believe how brave this little hedgehog thing was! Mati and her were so much bigger than him and yet he didn't seem afraid or nervous at all! If that had been Cambria she would have been so scared. Sure, neither of the wolves were being mean in any way, but their sheer size must be a little intimidating. It seemed so to her, but the little creature stood his ground and continued to stare back at them. He had a bravery that Cambria couldn't even begin to imagine. She thought she knew what a porcupine was, or at least had an idea of what they looked like. They were really spiny and kinda scary looking. The hedgehog was just prickly and cute!

The chocolate girl nodded her head. Yes, they should look for his mommy. He probably missed her! The poor little guy. Sea colored eyes watched with fascination as Mati delicately picked up the little hedgehog, creeping even closer once it was in her hands. Awwww, he did seem friendly. "Okies! I wook for a momma or a holes!" Large paws carefully picked their way through the grass and flowers, eyes scanning for another larger prickly thing or a tiny hole in the ground. Surely he couldn't have gotten very far away from his home!

[/html]
[html]

... XP

The underbelly of the creature was soft, unlike anything that she had ever felt before. Its spikes tickled her fingers as she cradled the creature, but she found that if she held him too tightly the spikes did indeed send a small pain up her fingers. But he sat still, only to look towards the little pup that spoke, her higher voice touching his small ears. Black eyes looked at the pup, and Mati wondered what it was thinking.

They looked, Mati standing higher then the pup and scanning the ground for something she wasn’t sure they would find. Nothing moved through the grasses, and she could see no divots in the ground. The young woman followed the pup instead, spikehog in paw and looking at him every now and again as if he would give them any clues. The pup loped along with excitement and a concentration that Mati didn’t think that she had at Cambria’s age. You see anything Cambria? soft voice asked, pretty sure that she hadn’t. Though her attitude was turning warmer and sunnier she was still quick to quit the hunt.

Looking at the pup’s face Mati had to shrug, I don’t know if we are going to find her. The Church girl commented. Crouching towards the grass she stopped when one knee hit the ground. Lowering her hand she rested against the soft green blades and waited for the creature to make its decision. It could go, if it wanted to, to find its own way or return to its den. Purple eyes looked at it, and wondered what it would choose.

[/html]
[html]

300+

It was crazy, she had never seen a creature be so calm about being picked up something so much bigger than it! Especially a wolf. Maybe the little hedgepiggy could sense that they only wanted to help him and find his momma for him. Life would be so much easier if you could just sense those things from people. If you could immediately know if they were going to be nice or mean. Cambria sure wished that she had that kind of power. The world would seem a little less dark and scary then. She thought she saw the little guy looking down at her and she smiled at him. "Hi's." He was too cute!

Her eyes looked and her nose sniffed, trying to find anything different or out of place. She really wanted to find the little hedgehog's momma! He had to miss her. No one could not miss their mother if they got separated from them. Cambria was convinced of that fact. There wasn't a doubt in her little head. Though when Mati asked her if she saw anything she looked back, a small frown on her face. "No's I dun sees anyting. Dun smells anyting eifers." But...his mother had to be around her somewhere didn't she? She wouldn't just leave her pup behind. Though if Mati couldn't see anything either she doubted that she would see anything the older girl didn't. Her bottom lip stuck out as the shifted wolf said they weren't going to find her. Ears laid back against her head. "But whas will happens to him wifout her?" Cambria couldn't imagine what she would do without her mommy.

As Mati knelt in the grass to allow the hedgehog to crawl out of her hand the pup whined. "Bu...we can's jus weave him! He's jus a babee!" No, no they couldn't do that. He needed someone to look after him and take care of him!

[/html]
[html]

The puppy’s voice and her greeting made Mati giggle innocently. She was unsure what they said to each other as they looked eye to eye and the silence settled between them. Though something instinctual drew Mati towards the little spiked beast, and as she gave it the chance to hop off her hand, it decided against it. Sitting on her hand the beast only turned towards the little pup that spoke, ignoring the option that Mati gave it. Looking at the soft green eyes youngster she let a soft sigh go, I dono. Maybe he could be fine alone... She wasn’t sure how old he was, and if just maybe he was ready to be on his own.

Her reaction was slightly surpising, and Mati didn’t want to upset her. Nature was a cruel thing, and it might have taken it’s mother. Maybe with all the rain that they had this season. Just maybe she had been swept away when their burrow had been flooded, the little babe having ventured skyward for the first time, missing the tragedy. So sad, she thought as she picture the scene. The tunnels of the little hedgehog town flooded with rushing rain waters. And now he was on his own.

Well, The young woman spoke slowly letting her mind churn on the idea that was brewing within it. what if he stayed in the Manor? Purple eyes looking at Cambria, wondering what she would think about it. He didn’t leave her hand, but sniffed at a few strands of grass that surrounded her paw.

[/html]
[html]

Those big eyes watched the hedgehog sitting in Mati's hand intently, willing the little pup not to jump off the older luperci's hand. If his momma was gone, then there was no one to take care of him! No one to watch after him and make sure he was safe and happy. Cambria let a long whine come from her throat as she looked back up at Mati. "Bu...bu...no! He gots no one ta takes cares of hims! He could gets hurts! He won't be fines!" There wasn't any way that the little hedgeyhog would be fine on his own. She wouldn't be fine on her own, that was for sure. She couldn't even imagine losing her mom and dad. That was a scary, scary thing that she never wanted to think about.

Worrying thoughts rushed through her head and she almost missed the next words that the older wolf spoke. But slowly it seeped into her consciousness and as it did her face changed. Her concerned brows came apart and the corners of her mouth lifted into a smile. "Weallies?!" Cambria's tail began beating back and forth. "Yes yes yes! He can lives in da howse wif da rest of us!" What a wonderful idea! Mati was so smart! She would have never thought of that! But...there was only one problem, who would take care of him? Cambria couldn't, she was too little herself. "Who wills take cares of hims?" The pup hoped someone would, she didn't want the poor little guy to have to be outside all by himself.

[/html]
[html]

The girl’s words made her think that he might indeed not be fine. What if he was indeed the only one left out of his little hedgehog clan. It would get cold tonight, and it might even rain. Who would he sleep beside? Mati drew her paw towards her face, looking the little creature in the eye. He moved his head slightly to the side, as if asking her what she was waiting for.

Ok then. He comes with us. Why couldn’t they all be a pack together? Mati was a Captain among their ranks now and though she had no right to accept wolves why couldn’t she say yes to this little creature. Maybe he would pick a room to live in, or maybe a kitchen cabinet would be a better fit. Then Cambria brought up a very important question.

Oh, Mati spoke thoughtfully. Was she too quick to think he was able to be on his own? The Manor was as large as this meadow, and it’s rooms and hallways much more confusing then the beast’s small burrows.
Well, he will stay with me. She concluded, making the decision swiftly but she saw no flaw in the plan. Mati smiled at the pup,
But he will need a name…

Looking at the little beast, his calm demeanor and silence, Mati thought of a story she had once read. It had been a dusted book, but bound in heavy leather and accented with flecks of gold around the edges. Someone of valor and achievement, peace and someone of a higher being, that was who he needed to be named after. Ambrose. He had been a saint, and when Mati looked the title up in the heavy book of words the meaning had been a pleasant one, something every beast should strive for.

[/doHTMl]