Seeking fun, seeking trouble
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Skylar moved into Inferni's lands. The coyote girl had staied at the border for a little while, but not long before walking onto the lands. It was more tempting the Pheonix Valley. The lands were barren in some areas and lush in others. Her long grey waves settled down her back, pink streaks blending into the hair. She knew about the pack feud with Inferni, it drove her closer to the clan. She was bored there, and was trying like hell not to go insane, a part of her wanted to see what was their enemy, because Inferni wasn't her enemy just because Jefferson or her father had gotten into a tiff with them.

Her white poet's shirt was large and went down to the top of her thighs, a large leather belt under her breasts to keep the shirt close to her body. She was to restless to sit around like the rest of them. Skylar waslked, the sun dipping towards the horizen, lighting the area with red rays. All too soon she came across a large building, a mansion maybe, or a large house. Looking at the structure she wondered what the fued was over?

[/html]
[html]

mall-caps;">In Character
    The coyote had been here less than a week, and already she was growing accustomed to the territory. Her walk and chat with Gabriel had given her a rudimentary understanding of Inferni's new home, and she had been occupying her time exploring it in the days since. She had yet to pick a permanent home, though she was particularly attracted to the coast. The ashen hybrid had always been one for the sea—during her childhood she had been raised not far from the Maine coastline, and upon running from her birthplace she had followed the beach north.

She was poking around near the rear of the mansion, exploring the backyard and its gardens, when a scent hit her nose. The hybrid breathed deeply, and smelled many wolves on this canine's coat. She bared her yellowed fangs, crouching low to the ground as she sneaked toward the corner of the house. She stopped and stuck her head out just far enough to see, her single golden eye falling on... a coyote? She wrinkled her muzzle in confusion instead of anger this time. By all appearances, the youth seemed to be a coyote or a heavily-coyote hybrid, and the Tirones stood fully, stalking around the house and into the others' view. Her body language was not overtly aggressive; though she was certain this creature was not a member of Inferni, she did not yet know if Gabriel held alliances with nearby packs, or if this youth had a specific reason or excuse to be on Inferni lands.

Kaena had no knowledge of the wolf packs on the land, but she was certain this coyote-by-appearances had spent a prolonged amount of with a pack. The wolf-stink was all over her. The ashen hybrid's approach was more lazy than she might have taken in the past, and she almost sauntered to the youth as opposed to charging fangs-out. The elder hybrid placed herself squarely between the outsider and the house. "I don't think you're supposed to be here," she said flatly, her gleaming eye never leaving the other.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ndcopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She gazed at the large house curiosity running through her mind. Did most of the pack live in this house? She knew that at Pheonix Valley not that many people lived in the ranch house, but then again this one was bigger then that house. A soft smile pulled over the girls maw. Suddenly a she coyote popped out in front of her. Skylar's golden flecked eyes widdened a little but she smiled again. They weren't very welcoming, but it was obvious why.

The pirate girl nodded her head ever so slightly to the older women. "If we only went where we were supposed to life wouldn't be much fun." The grey girl said teasingly. Flipping her long wavy hair over her shoulder, beads clicking together as she did so she out stretched her hand."Skylar, and you are?" She asked. The large poets shirt hung loosly to her form, only the large leather belt tight to her small form.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">Out of Character
LAWL, get off my lawn! Tongue

mall-caps;">In Character
    The coyote was not stupid—she could clearly smell the other wolves all over this stranger's coat. There was just one factor holding Kaena firmly to her spot and keeping her from charging this sheep in wolf's clothing and biting the life from her neck: the Lykoi elder did not know if this coyote had family in the clan. For all she knew, it could have been one of her grandchildren—and a paranoid, mostly unfounded fear kept Kaena from attacking, though annoyance and anger clearly showed in her form. The black ridge of fur along her spine had risen, spiking up from her skin and making her appear larger.

The younger animal spoke, and the Lykoi sneered at that statement, the scowl ugly across her scarred face, half of it displaying a full range of emotion and the other half stunted, its flesh too knotted with scar tissue for motion. For sure, that was true—but traipsing across Clouded Tears' land had almost gotten her killed once. After being saved by the alpha Kaena had made damn sure to keep her promise to stay away after that incident, at least until that alpha and her lackeys died. Kaena was inches from death—even in her youthful arrogance and recklessness, she'd known that then. It was only that swooping, silver and gray wolf who had saved her for no discernible reason at all. She did not even know that wolf's name, and the Lykoi doubted there was anyone left alive who would. They would meet again, sooner or later—Kaena was far from invincible. She had survived a long time and seen a terrible lot in her long days, though, and she often wondered what waited for her on the other side.

"Oh, for sure, little lady," the coyote remarked snidely after a moment, her tone cutting and patronizing. She could play this game—life was all about the fun and games, wasn't it? Youth was so wasted on the young. The Lykoi ignored the hand and folded her arms across her chest, her eagle's eye glowering at the hybrid. "Kaena Lykoi." The ashen hybrid was clearly unhappy with the wolf smell clouding her nose, emanating from the coyote. She spoke clearly, pronouncing each word carefully and slowly, as if speaking to a very small child. "You got any reason in particular why you're traipsing around on my lawn?" It wasn't really her lawn—it was Inferni's. Close enough.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ndcopy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Skylar just smiled at the womens hostality. Did the wolf smell on her coat bother her so much? Or was there something more? Watching the other ignore her hand and cross her arms over her chest in a childish manner Skylar just chuckled slightly. "Well Kaena I'm not the girl who has reasons for what she does." Her smile was still stuck on her face, pleasent and welcoming. She was sure that this women didn't trust her, and that alone made her feel a little better. The wolf scent on her coat was deeper then just Phoenix Valley, years of being surrounded by wolves had all but imbedded the scent into her coat.

Was she looking to get in trouble? She knew about tension between Inferni and Phoenix Valley. Still she came here. What drew her here? Taking her hand back and putting one on her hip casually she pursed her lips and let her golden eyes drift away. "Why are you so bothered that I'm here? I'm not much of a threat am I?" Skylar looked down at her small body and then back up at the older women. She was hoping the women would act civil towards her. Of course she had been smart enough to keep her last name out of the equation. Since Her papa hadn't been on good terms with them it would probably be better to not mention her relation to him.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">In Character
    The coyote was growing very tired of this act—not too long ago, when she had been the Aquila of Inferni, she wouldn't have hesitated. She didn't care who she pissed off, ever—so long as you were on Inferni territory and you didn't belong, fair game. The Lykoi supposed that Skylar had just plain lucked out in that Kae simply didn't know how Gabriel liked to treat outsiders. Did he follow in her footsteps and attack on sight, or did he take a more diplomatic approach? The canine growled under her breath, both in annoyance at her predicament and the coyote's words.

Reasons, reasons—if reason was out of the question, the Lykoi matron might as well just cut loose now and slit this little coyote's throat while she wasn't ready for a fight. The thought brought a tremble to her right hand, and her raptor eye glittered as she considered it. There was still the question of relations, though—if this hybrid had family here, Kaena would be wrong to attack, and she would find herself homeless if she was lucky, dead if she wasn't. "Oh no, you're no threat—not by yourself, anyway," the hybrid drawled, quickly realizing she was just speaking her thoughts aloud, and cutting to another train of thought immediately. "I mean—you got family here?" If not, start running, she added in her head.

[/html]
[html]Sorry, couldn't help myself! Hope you guys don't mind.

Jezebel had been a part of Inferni now for a couple of weeks and had already easily fallen back into the routine of clan life; a life she had not experienced since she was a yearling, fighting wolves alongside her passion Gabriel and friend Eli. Now she was living it up, falling back into her friendship with Gabriel with ease, a bond which had never left the two in their years apart, and starting her new life amongst the caverns of Inferni. Yet Jezebel knew of course she would not be able to appreciate her new home fully if she left every corner unexplored, so she had set out to explore the eastern area of the clans territory.

Her path eventually led her to a man made building, something she had not seen in quite a while, and she made her away around the mansion with interest. Jezebel breathed in the scents surrounding her, her ears twitching as she sorted through each, deeming what was relevant or not. It was with her next breath that she caught the scent of wolves and clan, her hackles instantly standing at attention, Jezebel crouching close to the ground as she neared another corner of the large house. It was then she picked up the sounds of voices, both female and derisive.

What wolf would be delusional enough to pass such a clear and gruesomely marked border? Peering around the corner the ash and white woman looked upon the scene through a curtain of her dark and wavy hair, the sight of two coyotes, not one, catching her off guard. Straightening her posture Jezebel made herself known to the two others by walking out into the open, looking first towards the woman who was clearly part of the clan, thought not known to Jezebel, then to the coyote-hybrid with the beginnings of a glare as her ears swiveled back.

“And you are?” Jezebel asked the strange girl, letting her lips slip past the tips of her fangs in silent warning, her red gaze flicking towards the older woman in the same questioning--yet not so hostile--gaze.

[/html]
[html]

The women was offended by her scent. It wasn't like Skylar didn't think they were all idiots for hating all wolves because maybe one or two made their lives bad. Hell Skylar had been raped by a wolf and now she was their number one fan. Didn't really make sense, but it was her life story all in all. The womens words made her laugh and push a hand into her long wavy grey hair, pink streaks, beads and all. "See then why be so worried? I know I smell like wolves, but I assure you there aren't any following."

Golden flecked eyes watched the women closely, as she asked her weather she had family around. Family? Was that her sheild then? The women didn't have that strong of a pack scent to her. Did that mean she was a new member? Pretty fiesty for a new member, and she was older. "Yeah." Was all she said. In all honesty she did, but she didn't know them. It had been so long since she had seen anybody. Another female joined them, her dark waves and sharp eyes making Skylars smile drop. Why was Inferni so willing to attack? How did they not know she wasn't a loner coming to join? "Skylar." She said with a new smile lifting her young lips. They really were fiesty ones.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">In Character
    Before the wolf in disguise could answer, another coyote slinked to Kaena's side, smelling clearly of Inferni. Kaena was relieved—perhaps this one was a higher rank in the clan. Maybe she knew why this coyote who smelled like wolves was walking around here, but as the newcomer spoke, it became apparent that she did not. The coyote was dark gray, the color of stormy clouds, and her eyes were deep crimson. She had Gabriel's scent on her, and as those ruby eyes focused on Kaena, she gave a nod to her clanmate, and then another slighter one to the stranger, not wishing to reveal that they were unfamiliar with each other as well. The outsider might pick up on that. The Lykoi had acknowledged her comrade for now; they could certainly postpone formal introductions until their pesky company was gone.

The coyote listened to the outsider and shook her head in disgust, her scarred muzzle wrinkling and writhing, stained-lemon teeth bared. A throaty growl echoed from her throat. "You smell like a pack wolf, but you don't respect borders," the coyote observed caustically, her glittering golden eye narrowing. A coyote who paraded around with wolves yet ignored coyote borders made Kaena inordinately angry. She defied her coyote heritage and lived a mockery of a wolf's life, yet she couldn't be bothered to so much as abide by their rules? That impish attitude had irritated Kaena to the brink.

All the coyote could offer was a meager "yeah" in response, and she didn't seem to want to say more than that. Disbelief flashed over the elder's face—if Skylar really did have family here, why didn't she just say so in the first place? The ash-colored hybrid broke her gaze from the newcomer to look at the darkly colored coyote for a moment, giving her a skeptic look, one black eyebrow raised. She had nothing to add—she had made her opinion of the matter rather clear, and left her associate to decide whether or not the stranger was telling the truth. The possibility of family was perhaps the only thing keeping Skylar alive thus far. A gleaming gold eye and a black hole where one used to be turned back to the invader.

[/html]
[html]

Of course Jezebel did not know how long the young trespasser and older clanswoman had been bickering back and forth, though she figured it must have been long enough to ignite a fire beneath the gray woman's tail. This clearly would not end well, was the young wolf stained coyote daft? Jezebel acknowledged the girls name with a noise within her throat, her focus shifting back to Kaena as the older woman growled, and spoke again, causing Jezebel to narrow her eyes as well. Her clan mate had it exactly right in Jezebel's books, and she bared her fangs in the slightest flash of teeth again.

It was then that her elder fell silent and flashed Jezebel a skeptic look. It seemed she was going to have to take on the task of a higher ranking member, though she was only a Tirone herself she knew that the other woman must be new. Turning back to Skylar with the full force of her distrusting glare, speaking volumes about her complete lack of trust and dislike of wolves; she had had enough experience with them in the past before after all, and she wouldn't doubt they would send a wolf in coyotes clothing just to cause some kind of trouble. “What are one of your family members names? Perhaps we could call them to us to sort this all out,” Jezebel suggested, still radiating distrust and irritation. There weren't many different families within the clan. In fact the only one she knew of was Gabriel's extensive brood.

Trying to rack her brain for who might visit who had the scent of wolves upon them she came up with nothing, though something Gabriel had told her upon joining flashed in her mind. He had spoken about packs in the area, and a couple that accepted hybrids and coyotes, and one such pack that was certainly not on good terms with them. Phoenix Valley. Could this girl really be that uninformed and stupid?

[/html]
[html]

Skylar just kept the content smile on her young face. She was no fool. She knew Phoenix Valley was on bad terms with Inferni. The way she was she liked to go where the adventure was. Skylar had no personal ajenda, just hoping to amuse herself for one more day of life. Her small body shifted from foot to foot as she stood there. Why was Inferni so testy? Phoenix Valley and the other packs were willing to have other wolves in their lands. Hell she was sure these to wack jobs didn't even know she was from Phoenix Valley. So why be so angry?

"You guys really should stop baring your teeth like that, you'll get stuck that way if you do." Sky said with a slight laugh. It was no offensive, only to break some of the tension. Really if she wanted to swindle them out of anything she would have. As it was she had been trained by the best of pirates to do just that. The older female spoke and made Skylar frown in an unhappy and almost sad way. "Are we not kin? I don't see what border is strong enough to make you my enemy, or anyones for that matter." Skylar smirked lightly, her wavy and thick mane moving with the soft breeze that came and went.

Of course the younger one would be the one to ask about family. Sky didn't mind to call upon them, but she had left so young she doubted most of her family remembered her. At this point saying her name would be stupid, because she knew the fued had started with Her papa. "Well my grandfather's line did live here I thought. Cavil I think was his name. To be truthful...ehhh I've been gone a while so I forgot where everyone is." The girl scratched the back of her head and gave to two women a sheepish look. They probably weren't going to like that answer. Not that she had much better one for them.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">In Character
    Her clanmate didn't seem eager to take the reigns, but Kaena was never meant for leadership. She enjoyed following, serving beneath someone worthy enough to lead—given the chance, she might have tried to oust Kidorah had she not been so preoccupied with her large litter, just for her wolf sympathies. It had simply never sat right with her that she'd conceded that little clip of Inferni land, even if it was just a small patch of sand and a few trees. It was Inferni's goddamn sand and Inferni's goddamn trees, and the thought of wolves parading over it made her blood boil. Kidorah was never as wolf aggressive as Kaena liked, but she had been fond of Kidorah, and early in her reign she had been more than capable as a leader—but giving away land to a pack was just too much.

Jezebel spoke, and Kaena's eye watched her, bobbing her head in agreement to the question. The coyote's gaze flicked back to the stranger as she spoke, and Kaena itched to tear the smile off of her face, that right hand trembling dangerously again. Kaena snorted in response to the first statement but said nothing. The stranger spoke again like she was trying to make peace, but Kaena quickly quipped, "I wouldn't prance over a pack's borders if they're ten strong." Again, her voice was derisive, and she punctuated it with a growl. No matter how friendly they looked—it was just a dumb thing to do. Unless packs made it a point to declare their borders open, they were just that: borders, meant to keep people out. Inferni had done just the opposite of opening up; they had clearly marked their perimeter as highly unfriendly and downright dangerous.

Dim recognition flashed in Kaena's eyes at the coyote's name. She wrinkled her muzzle and recalled that coyote, the one who had been with Inferni so briefly at the very beginning of her leadership as the Aquila. The confusion was recognizable across her scarred face. "Voltaire?" she said, the name popping into her head more than anything else. He'd only been a part of Inferni very briefly upon her last grand entrance, and Kaena hadn't seen him since. "Probably dead," she muttered, more to Jezebel than to the stranger. She hadn't known if he had any descendants or if they were presently residing in Inferni, and she hoped her coyote companion might be able to shed light on that issue. Kaena had decided the coyote was nothing more than a wolf that looked like a coyote, and she was quite done with this situation, ready to drive the stranger off at her companion's first word.
[/html]
[html]
i has permission to be here! :]
        The sun was just beginning to set, sinking low onto the western horizon. Jael was lurking around the mansion, though he'd yet to enter it's walls. Unusually wary for him, because the pale creature wasn't one to fear entering man-made structures. Normally fascinated by the decayed civilization, he chose not to enter this place because it reeked of the coyotes that lived within and claimed it's walls as their own. The boy may of been of Inferni's ranks, but he didn't forget he looked just like what he was (that being, a wolf) and so didn't fancy cornering himself in a small, enclosed room with a vicious, violent creature convinced he did not belong here. And so instead he wandered the rose gardens, smelling the sweet perfume of the flowers as they bloomed in the summer heat.
        The sound of voices reached his ears. Wariness and curiosity intermingled, leaving him to slink just a little bit closer, but remain hidden. Had he been truly a coyote, Jael's light feet and sandy, golden coat would have masked his approach. But it was a hell of a lot harder when his fur was snow-white and the ground was utterly devoid of winter's frosty touch. He moved without a sound, barely breathing and peering through the honeysuckles at the trio of canines and their interaction as it grew steadily more aggressive. Even wolves knew their boarders, and this girl, the apparent intruder, was fairly deep beyond their stake-and-skull-ridden fence.
[/html]
[html]

It seemed this was going nowhere fast. Skylar almost seemed like she was purposefully beating around the bush. The fact that she was trespassing was really the issue here, and she certainly wasn't handling herself well. Jezebel could only be lenient for so long, and it was becoming apparent that the older woman was the same. When Skylar spoke again, asking them to stop bearing their teeth and claiming that they would get stuck that way if they continued, Jezebel's glare intensified. Tail flicking high, and agitated behind her Jezebel balled her hands into fists but made no move forward to strike, in fact barely moved a muscle at all, she didn't trust herself not to harm the girl badly if she said one more childish thing.

When Skylar spoke again it was Kaena who replied, and Jezebel nodded in agreement, holding back her own growl as she tried to relax herself, brushing some of her wavy dark hair from her face with tensed hands. Then finally the girl came up with a name, though her answer was not as satisfactory as Jezebel thought it might be. Of course Jezebel did not know all the names in the clan yet, but the fact that Skylar was guessing and that she had been gone a time--not finding loyalty where her grandfather once had--was not helping her case. Jezebel flashed her clan mate a look as the older woman spoke again, and Jezebel wondered for a moment just who this woman was to have known who this girl might have been speaking of. A relative of Gabriel's perhaps? Jezebel would be sure to find out later, but for now her fiery red eyes went back to Skylar.

“So with not knowing anyone currently residing here, and crossing our border without asking permission,” Jezebel surmised, glancing back at Kaena with a smirk, “you've become fair game.” Jezebel, not so normally intense or fierce, did not tolerate trespassing by any means. Even if the girl had not smelt of a wolf pack the gray and white woman would still have acted aggressively; the fact that Skylar reeked of wolves only doubled the woman's intensity towards her. It was around this time that Jezebel caught a whiff of a clan member nearby, and she glanced quickly around only to spot a white figure trying to remain hidden nearby.

Not really caring who it might be at the moment--for she felt no threat from one of Inferni's own members--Jezebel fixed her attention back on Skylar, waiting to see what Kaena's verdict might be.

[/html]
[html]

An overview of her situation was looking pretty funny. Two coyote women, who apparently had no sense of happiness in life were ready to sink teeth into her grey hid. Skylar was far from worried. The little grey coyote had gotten into way worse when she was being a pirate. There was always something way worse. Skylar also knew she had a jewled tipped dagger hidden in the back of her large belt ready for use if she needed it. Not that the pirate girl thought she would.

Looking between the two of them she continued to give them a sheepish smile. What more was there to give? She had crossed cause she wanted to, it was simple as that. As Skylar saw it she didn't want to give the game up now. She wanted to have more fun with this. "Oh well ten you say! I thought there was only nine...woops me." She said with no sarcasm in her tone just pure enjoyment. Between the two hellish females she figured she'd have to go about this a new way. Thinking on her feet she hoped a good idea sprouted fast.

It was the scent of a wolf that made her stop thinking. Looking just pasted the where the female had turned to look she saw him just barely. No amount of hidding could block out the wolfs snow ridden coat. An idea came to her mind so fast it almost made her laugh with joy. It was now or never. A wolf in this clan could only mean one thing, he was a lykoi. The coyotes would only take in a wolf with their blood. "Brother! Is it really you!" Skylar shouted adding the same joy ridden tone she had when she had actually found her brother a few weeks ago.

Moving past the females in a rush she went closer to him. "Brother I have been looking for you everywhere! I've finally found you!" She said with complete joy in her voice. Now who was his mother. That was the question she had to answer and quick. Her golden flecked eyes scanned over him, but she let an affectionate grin stay on her face. He was white...Who was white and would mate with a lykoi? She thought about it for a second, all the wolfs with names she knew. None of them were white...only...A big grin fell over her face. "Mother told me to find you!" She said giving him a delicate smirk. Oh she was good.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... tblood.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:248px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
mall-caps;">In Character
    Trespassing was a severe offense; even Kaena herself had not dared to set so much as a toe over the clearly marked border until Gabriel had allowed her to return. If she found someone who she did not know, she would have faced quite the same thing this youth faced now—only, with her relation to Gabriel, it might have spared her, though she was certain she still would have faced some retribution for coming over the borders uninvited and unannounced. Skylar responded flippantly to Kaena's statement, to which the hybrid only issued a sharp, loud growl, turning back immediately to Jezebel as the bi-colored canine began to speak. She said the thoughts on Kaena's mind, and as the hybrid turned back toward Skylar—she had not noticed Jael in the bushes, nor smelled him—she was very surprised when the coyote exclaimed something about her brother and charged past Kaena and Jezebel.

The Lykoi started after her, confused and rather angry that now the coyote was acting like they weren't standing there making threats on her life, pretending someone else was on the scene. Some of her confusion was alleviated when she saw the white canine. Adrenaline hit her, and for a moment she was sure they were everywhere, hiding in trees and bushes, waiting for the perfect moment to strike after sending their coyote-lookalike ahead to distract them. Then she smelled him, and she was even more confused as she recognized Jael hiding in the honeysuckle bushes off to the side of the house. Her brother? Disbelief flared in the Lykoi's face, and she quickly followed the youth's footsteps, placing herself between Skylar and Jael, looking from one to the other.

Jael appeared far too much of a wolf—though he was clearly not a pureblood, he had just a hint of coyote splashed across his features, and Skylar was at least half coyote. They were obviously of vastly different percentages. Skylar was far more coyote than the pallid Inferni hybrid, but they could be half-siblings with the same mother, Skylar's father perhaps of that Cavil line. Vitium was certainly not her father, and as the Lykoi stood between them, that snarl placed squarely on her face, her eye darted back to Jael again. "Brother, huh?" she asked, her voice skeptic, though her eye was still on the white canine, the question clearly directed to him. She was half-crouched, ready; she'd had quite enough of this charade. If they shared the same mother, it didn't give her much of a right to be here on that alone, but if Jael knew her as his sibling, Kaena could not refuse her. They would have to summon Gabriel and let him pass judgment on the stranger, deciding whether or not she could visit.

[/html]
[html]
(302)
        Obviously this entire scene was none of Jael's business and he was happy to keep it that way. However, just as he was prepared to turn around and walk away, leaving the trio to settle matters between themselves, his cover was blown. The silver hybrid immediately turned on him, racing toward him and calling out a title that made him freeze in his tracks as quickly as if he'd been turned to stone. Fiery eyes disbelieving, staring at the creature with an uncertain look, one paw raised in mid-step. Before he could say anything or even reaction, Kaena stepped between him and her, obviously not willing to allow this trespasser into their territory without solid proof she belonged. Gaze shifting, he now regarded the stranger again, wondering if she was serious, or simply daft.
        His fur had bristled without his knowledge, unsure how to react in his bizarre scenario. The girl was confusing the hell out of him, and honestly Jael's first instinct was that she had obviously mistaken him for another. "Mother?" he asked, the name spoken in an almost defensive tone. He'd never seen this being before in his life, yet he couldn't honestly say she was lying about knowing his mother or not. Jael didn't even know his mother himself, and hadn't seen her since he was a small boy. Did she even remember he existed, or even care? Was she even still alive? "Who are you?" he asked, wariness apparent on his features. She was acting too familiar with him if she had been sent by Colibri to find him, acting as though she already knew for certain who he was, yet she'd only just glimpsed him in the bushes from afar. He glanced toward Kaena for support, hoping she'd know what to do better than he did.
[/html]
[html]I'm on absence but I feel bad leaving so many people waiting. So with some spare time in my hotel room on my handy dandy iPhone, I got some peace of mind. Wink
Jezebel, who had grown so tired of this game she was prepared to end it herself, looked on as Skylar ran past herself and Kaena with astonishment. Who did this girl think she was that she could do what she pleased on anothers lands without permission? Issuing a snarl Jezebel turned in almost complete sync with Kaena, preparing to lunge forth and grab the girl by her scruff when she called out 'brother'.

Frozen in mid-step Jezebel looked upon the white clan member she had scented earlier with confusion. The two did not look related in the least, and Jezebel wondered if this was some ploy by Skylar to get out of the trouble she was in. The young male was obviously confused himself, and Jezebel flashed a skeptic look to Kaena when the boy finally spoke.

"This has already gone to far. Is she your sister or not?" If not Jezebel would be all to glad to remove the girl from Inferni, forcefully. The thought of calling Gabriel onto the scene did cross her mind of course, though she did not want to bother him with something as small as this... yet.
[/html]
[html]
OOC: bloopbloop goes the fishie

She stood before the white male who was undoubtable bigger then her. Though in her Luperci she wasn't small compared to his wolf form. Grinning at him she couldn't help but think he was a very handsome wolf. Good for her she chose someone that looked good. His questionable tone made her nodd quickly. There was no way she could say she was related to the Lykoi's, but she did have the ability to say she was related to a Soul. The scarred women skeptical tone made Skylar give her a nasty little face. "Yes..My mother! Colibri Soul." She said with emotion, thinking of Iskata when she said it. Always when you wanted emotion you thought about the ones you really knew and loved.

Thinking about Iskata was like thinking about a fresh wound. It hurt and Skylar let the pain flow in her body and mind. "I-I don't know what happened to her...but I loved my Mother! A-and I know that this is my Half brother!" She said with great force. Looking between the two women she finally looked back at the white male. It was okay that she didn't know his name, because she wouldn't if she had been looking for him. The dark grey females words made Skylar snort, eyes watering from thinking about the dead she wolf. "He wouldn't know. We've never met before this. Mother told me what to look for though." Skylar said lightly. Her light golden flecked eyes met the male and she waited.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... tblood.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:248px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
mall-caps;">Out of Character
   zzzomg, this post sucks, 'cause there's like nothing for kae to do >_>;;

mall-caps;">In Character
    Jael appeared just as confused as Kaena was, and the Lykoi sidled closer to Jael, glaring at the hybrid invader. It was rather clear they were strangers, and Jezebel spoke the words on Kaena's mind, her scarred features focusing on Jael for a moment instead of the strange wolf. Kaena was not stupid enough to believe that Skylar was a Lykoi, but they might share the same mother, and if that was true... well, Kaena couldn't very well deny Jael the right to know his family. No one could. Still, she had trespassed—to find family that wouldn't have even recognized her if she'd found him first. That was a mistake of pretty high caliber; if she appeared to be more of a wolf than a coyote, Kaena wouldn't have bothered with questions first.

The invader began to speak, dropping a name altogether unfamiliar to the hybrid—clearly her wolf mother. She seemed too sure of herself, certain that this was in fact her long-lost relative. Jael did have a good portion of wolf blood, and it was possible that they shared a mother, but that in itself did not give Skylar any more right than she already had to walk uninvited on Inferni's territory, and that was Kaena's point of contention now that they had potentially established a connection between them. Her face wrinkled again, and she took one menacing step toward Sklyar. "You and him being whelped from the same wolf bitch don't mean nothing," the hybrid growled. "Jael is part of my family now," she said, her voice protective and possessive. Jael was a Lykoi, surely—he carried Kaena's blood and he lived in Inferni.

The coyote knew she held no sway over her grandchild beyond what he allowed; they were of the same rank and matron or not, she hadn't raised him. She had little right to tell him what to do, but if she had her way, she wouldn't have allowed him to socialize with someone like Sklyar—a hybrid who showed clear ignorance of wolf rules and disdain for coyote borders. She turned her head back to Jael. "I don't know if she's lying to you," the coyote said, her voice growing almost soft as she spoke to the pallid canine. Her gaze went to Jezebel, looking at the darker coyote for a moment. She wasn't sure what to do now, her gaze jumping from one coyote to the next.

[/html]