i'm breathing but i could die
[html]
(352)
        The morning was cool, rain falling between the trees and running in tiny rivulets across the ground. The thick blanket of pine needles masked his footsteps, coupled with the white noise of the rainfall. Hunger tore through the young hybrid's midsection, causing him to rise and search for prey. He remained small and thin for his age, as though he wasn't getting the proper nutrition despite even now being within a pack. Lone wolves hunted for themselves and had reason to stay frail, but Jael was not alone anymore. He didn't have to fear for his solitary life every moment, always wandering and never staying in one place long. And yet, he looked younger than he was and far more delicate than he should be. His snowy coat could be a factor blamed in failed hunting, having to rely further on skill then any other wolf or coyote who had natural camouflage in their ashen and sandy pelts.
        But even with a hare resting dead between his paws, the boy had yet to begin eating the life-giving flesh. He'd taken it's life to keep his own, and yet he didn't devour. Rather, he stared at the corpse in disgust, wondering what was wrong with him. His stomach twisted in knots, cramping and aching with his hunger, and yet this animal didn't tempt him. Finally, he forced himself to sink fangs into the soft fur, finding not the flesh to taste delicious, but the blood that oozed forth. Rain continued to fall against his back and head, dampening the dusty fur of the little creature, mingling now with the crimson that the wolf greedily licked up. What was wrong with him? This obviously wouldn't satisfy him as flesh would, so why couldn't he eat? Jael tore into the body now, but it was still only the blood he went after. Finally, when no more could be found he rose and moved to a river, washing the blood from his flawless pelt. He watched it cloud the stream's surface and run away with the current, momentarily staring back into his own broken, blurred reflection.
[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Miiiine. :O I hope we don't have too many threads together? We can wrap up Kae & Jael if you're sick of me. ♥

The pale wolf was too happy to have found this place. There were plenty of canines here, plenty of faces he could get to know. Charon was practically ecstatic as he rose in the early morning from the place where he'd taken shelter last night. He had met Lannen late in the day yesterday, and he was naturally tired from his travels, so he only went a bit further south before finding the woods. After a bit of searching he'd managed to find a hollow in the ground, conveniently tucked beneath a fallen tree. It was moist under there, but it was better than sleeping in the open wilderness. No matter how many months he'd done that now, Char still couldn't get used to it. He missed sleeping in a warm house more than he missed his family.

Rain had started to fall almost immediately after the canine rose. Char had always risen with the sun, a habit he found was difficult to crack. Only if sorely hungover or ill did he sleep past the first light of dawn, and even then he had only slept past full sunrise twice in his life that he remembered. The young canine meandered along, his small ears perked and his vibrant indigo eyes taking in every sight he could. He had seen wilderness before, naturally, but he hadn't seen a forest so verdant green in his life. Most of the northlands were scruffier, patchier forests than this, and it was perhaps the first temperate summer he had ever experienced. As it was, only the drizzle kept the arctic-born wolf cool this morning, and even so, he found himself panting still, overheated.

Seeking a drink, he listened for the sound of running water, difficult to discern because water was running everywhere because of the rain. He wandered in circles for a few minutes before he came to the same creek the pale white wolf had washed himself in. Char took a long, messy drink from the cold stream, lapping up the frigid water with his wide tongue eagerly. It was only when his thirst was sated that he looked up, noticing for the first time the curious white wolf a bit downstream from him. Naturally friendly, Charon immediately headed over to investigate and greet him, his tail swinging from side to side as he approached the snowy canine. "Hey!" he said, eagerness showing in every feature of his body. He loved meeting new people, and this wolf looked like he had something to say—there was a blank look on his face, something akin to contemplation, Char assumed, and he smiled, pearly white canines gleaming.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/ ... 2fab4a.png) bottom right no-repeat #0D0D0B; color:#fff; border:4px solid black; filter:alpha(opacity=80); -moz-opacity:0.8; width:325px; padding:5px; padding-bottom: 15px; margin:-55px auto 0 auto;" align=justify>

Anger at his own abnormality bubbled into life and Jael struck the water’s surface, further breaking his own reflection until only a distorted white blob lingered in his sight. He snarled softly, snapping at the stream as though it had somehow offended him. Though it vaguely relieved some of his stress, having something to strike at, it didn’t do much. Hunger still drove through his belly, taunting him with wishes for freshly spilled blood. But unless he could take down a caribou all on his own, this was unlikely to ever be sated. Unless a wolf’s blood could honestly fill him. But such a thought morally disgusted him, muzzle distorting with emotion. He moved to the water’s edge, leaping from the stream and onto the shore with silent, ghost-like paws. Shifting halfway into a more powerful form, he slashed at the tree’s base, imagining the unyielding wood to be something more alive. But the torn splinters were nothing like flesh and this course of action quickly passed. Limbs and frame quickly shrunk back into his most comfortable form, preferring the petite young wolf to some bizarre, bulky monster.

An eager noise broke his thoughts as he moved back into the stream and the wolf whirled around, eyeing the cheerful male with some suspicion. “Uh, hi,” he tested, unsure of the stranger’s outgoing manner. He was accustomed to hatred and wariness, and this creature running up to him in a friendly way wasn’t something he was used to. The current gently tugged at his feet, wrapping around his legs as though quietly bidding him to let go, allowing him to drift away in the water like some twig or leaf. But he didn’t, removing himself again from the water and shaking out his damp coat. Tilting his head, he curiously regarded the smiling man, wondering what he wanted. Friendliness wasn’t something he ever associated with lupine strangers without some hidden, latent meaning.

[/html]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
KAAAY, just so you know, I suck ass. :| This took entirely too long, and it will probably suck because I am a sleep-deprived little thing today. D:

The drizzle didn't really bother Charon. He had long learned to just deal with the weather and make the best of it; he'd grown up in a frozen world and until he'd left his birthplace he'd never even seen a place that wasn't covered in snow. It had been an amazing revelation, and immediately the wolf had been gripped with wanderlust. He wondered if there were actually hotter places than this in the world. The bulky wolf was obviously built for the cold temperatures; he had thick, pale fur and very small ears seated high up on his head. It was unbearably hot to him sometimes, and he was glad the morning's heat was lessened by the rain this morning.

The wolf was surprised at his presence, but it didn't deter the arctic wolf much. There was obvious distrust in his orange-yellow eyes, and Char was almost disappointed to find he'd have to try to cheer this guy up like Lannen. What was with everyone here? They seemed so mad and unfriendly. Even the other wolf's words were simple and short, though Char refused to let that get him down. He was determined to make friends, and he grinned non-stop at the wolf, the dusty tail wagging full-out behind him.

"I'm Charon, nice to meet you," he said, sitting down a few feet away from the wolf, though his tail still wagged against the ground. "I'm from way up north. You look like you are, too," he said, commenting on the male's ghostly-white coat. Char couldn't possibly have guessed at Jael's muddled blood; he had never so much as seen a coyote in his life. To the inexperienced three year old, Jael was just another arctic wolf, no questions asked, no suspicions aroused.

[/html]
[html]

mall-caps;color:#555555;line-height:10px;">i am picking at remains of other lives
and watching colors and tragic looking passerbys.

Jael briefly wondered if this man was mad, smiling so cheerfully and wagging his tail as though he hadn’t a single care in the world. He introduced himself and grinned widely, acting as though the pale wolf were less than indifferent toward their entire encounter. Charon, as he stated he was called, seated himself on the ground as though expecting an extended conversation, and Jael could only peer at the stranger in absolute wonder. Perhaps he was high as a kite.. or simply daft—maybe even completely and utterly ignorant, raised in seclusion and had yet to learn how harsh the real world was outside of his cozy home life. One simply didn’t run up to a stranger all smiles and sunshine, grinning like a madman and holding out their hand. Charon comment on his arctic appearance, assuming the youth was also from the northland. While his mother may have been, Jael had seen nothing of the frigid landscapes and arid mountaintops where her blood originated from.

“My mother was artic,” he replied, allowing himself to fall into conversation with this bizarre man. “But I’ve never been that far north myself.” The heat did get to him at times, with his thick, wooly coat even in the summertime that was meant for cooler climates. And he stuck out horribly against the verdant, colorful landscape so overgrown with plant life when his snowy camouflage was meant for paler, icier regions. “I’m Jael, by the way. Where are you from, anyway?” he inquired, loath to make idle chit-chat with strangers, but he didn’t find he minded this man all that much, despite his overly outgoing exterior. He seated himself as well, curling his tail around his side and regarding the artic creature with fire-hued eyes.

[/html]
[html]
    The pearly wolf didn't seem annoyed with him, for which Charon was really grateful. He was always happy to meet new folks, and his last encounter with Lannen had made him less than ubiquitously optimistic about meeting new people here. The wolf hadn't been mean or nasty, but he hadn't exactly been friendly, either. Aggression would have been practically unthinkable for the big gray wolf, and it would have shocked the heck out of him, for sure.

The other man spoke, and Charon grinned again. "Maybe we're cousins and we don't even know it!" he suggested happily, having no knowledge of Jael's massive family and the number of cousins he had in all likelihood, like many of the youngest generations in these lands. The northman was always upbeat and he laughed at Jael's next words. "Funny, I think this is the furthest south I've ever been," the wonder evident in the young wolf's voice. "If you ever get a chance, you should go north! It's great, there's snow and ice everywhere and it never, ever melts," the blithe wolf shared, the idea that a ever-frozen world might not be such a paradise to everyone else.

The snowy wolf in front of him introduced himself, and Char grinned again, that broad smile sweeping over his pale features. "Great to meet you," he affirmed again. Though his affection was surely over the top, the wolf showed no outward knowledge of it, and he was surely inwardly oblivious to how radiant his personality was to more emotionally muted creatures. "My parents called it Atkonartok. That means 'stormy sea,' I think. I guess it's somewhere in Alaska," he ventured, though he really didn't know how he could relay the location of his birthplace to the pale canine before him. He smiled apologetically. "Where are you from?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

[/html]
[html]
i fail. i sorry. D:

He smiled gently, if more to humor than man than out of actual amusement. His bubbly, outgoing personality was somewhat disconcerting and Jael didn’t know exactly how to react. It may have rubbed off on him had he known the creature better, or been less cynical in nature. “I’d probably like that,” he replied, thinking of eternal snow and ice. His pallid coat was made for such climates and the boy could only dream of finally fitting in somewhere—if just physically. “I was born around here,” Jael continued, politely answering the stranger’s inquiries. “I’m not sure exactly where though.” And he couldn’t even ask his mother to find out any other information as he hadn’t seen the woman since he’d been a small boy.

“If the north’s so great, how come you’re here?” Jael asked quietly, curiosity faintly piqued. It probably was none of his business, what brought this being so far south, but he couldn’t help but make conversation with this man and his utterly outgoing personality.

[/html]
[html]
Now I do. XD <3 Haha, sometimes Char feels like such a parody character. O_o

The pale silver wolf was glad to have met someone else here. There sure were a lot of different canines—though this one looked pretty familiar. A lot of the travelers he saw were white-coated, and two of his brothers had come out with white coats, though both of his parents were more similar to Charon in coloring. Pale, silver with a few darker gray hints—though his indigo eyes were all his mother's. Most of his other siblings had inherited some variation of his father's olive green eyes, and Charon had always been jealous of them—at least until his mother had revealed he was the only one with her eyes and that made him extra-special.

He grinned broadly at his new friend. "You'd sure fit in up there," he remarked, though he intended it more to mean as far as camoflauge, not as far as having the same color as the other wolves around him. "Shoot, if you crouched down in the snow I wouldn't even see you there," the wolf added, the smile never leaving his coal-black lips until the pale wolf spoke again. He scrunched up his nose, not really understanding what he meant. "You don't know where exactly?" he repeated, the question evident enough in his voice. He just didn't get it sometimes.

The next question was surprising to the wolf again, but there wasn't pain on his face as he spoke of what he'd left behind and why. "Well... um, I guess 'cause my Dad always ran the show at home, and I just wanted to get out and see the world. I dunno," he said, not really having a definite reason to give Jael. Charon looked wistful for a moment, the beginnings of a frown showing on his face. "Well, I'm sure I'll end up back there someday," he said, though he wasn't absolutely sure that was true. If he found somewhere really, really great... maybe not.

[/html]